• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So, this is my first semester of college and I'm currently enrolled in an astronomy class that I will soon be getting out of because IT REQUIRES 12 HOURS A WEEK DEDICATION HOLY FUCK IS THAT JUST STRESSFUL TO THINK ABOUT. I recently started a 40+ hour a week job and on top of that I have 4 other classes, and my online astronomy teacher wants me to just give her my life? Fuck no.

I guess that's what I get for choosing a Christian school to get my basics done :/
Ho-hum.

My freshman year, I took a journalism course, babby level math, introduction to jazz history, freshman orientation, and public speaking. If there's leeway in your course requirements that allow you to take low level courses in lieu of high level ones then go for it.

Mix

My freshman year, I took a journalism course, babby level math, introduction to jazz history, freshman orientation, and public speaking. If there's leeway in your course requirements that allow you to take low level courses in lieu of high level ones then go for it.

Definitely. I'm looking forward more to next semester, the school I'm attending doesn't have an actual campus so that classes are really slim pickin's.

On the bright side, I have two other people besides me in my math class and three other people in my history.

Computer

Even the most logical person isn't going to think of crouch jumping.

I still don't know how to do it properly. Isn't it supposed to make you jump higher?

Was Halo 4 crouch toggle by default?

I've known of and used crouch jumping for at least 5 years. I thought it was something everyone picked up playing Halo.

:\
I introduced a new player to Halo 4 a couple of months ago. I played on his account the other day and his crouch was set to toggle witch should not even be an option. I changed it and told him about crouch jumping. It is not something that every player picks up on. Especially is the have the wrong setting.

Nebula

I've known of and used crouch jumping for at least 5 years. I thought it was something everyone picked up playing Halo.

:\

My college was babby-level stuff. I've only got an Associate's, but I was an art major, so most of the courses that would normally be business credits were replaced with Humanities courses.

Have fun with majors that'll actually get you jobs, suckers.

>Going to College.
>Getting a major
>2014

:lol

Jk, I'm going to college as well after I'm done with High School. Gotta get that degree so I can get that job at 343/Microsoft and save Halo/Xbox.

My college was babby-level stuff. I've only got an Associate's, but I was an art major, so most of the courses that would normally be business credits were replaced with Humanities courses.

Have fun with majors that'll actually get you jobs, suckers.

Fuck you guys, I'm going to start a band and become famous.

D':

I'll probably try to go to school for Music Producing/Composing/whateverthefuck.

Here we go, tens of thousands of dollars in student loan debt and nothing to show for it!

How many of you guys are still in high school or just graduated?

I'm a senior right now, I graduate in May. Technically, I have about a semester of college down right now, but it doesn't amount to much. :p

m23

So happy I don't have to deal with school/university anymore. No more exams, no more assignments, no more studying. Feels so good.

Ghazi

I introduced a new player to Halo 4 a couple of months ago. I played on his account the other day and his crouch was set to toggle witch should not even be an option. I changed it and told him about crouch jumping. It is not something that every player picks up on. Especially is the have the wrong setting.

Wait, does having it set to toggle change anything? I've never tried it, but it should work the exact same right, you'd just have to press crouch twice to make it work? Like, aside from having to do more work, I fail to see how it keeps them from learning crouch jumping?

How many of you guys are still in high school or just graduated?

I "graduated" last June. I was part of a local collegiate / dual-enrollment program so I'm only 18, but I graduated with a high school diploma and an associate's in my four years of high school.

I "graduated" last June. I was part of a local collegiate / dual-enrollment program so I'm only 18, but I graduated with a high school diploma and an associate's in my four years of high school.

Damn, I thought you were quite a bit older. I'm quite familiar with the workings of a collegiate program, i had the chance to join one a few years back, but i chose not to, because i'm a fucking slacker.

Mix

Look how cool I am
co2AHYV.jpg
I'm Austin Douglas Ford

I'm 20 and a sophomore in college.

Speaking of, blizzard conditions have forced my university to close down class for tomorrow.

Hold mah diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Anyone want to play Halo tomorrow? Literally any of them. Except for Wars and Spartan Assault.

I, for one, am completely confident in my Graphic Design degree and it in no way will cause me to be homeless the second I'm out of the Air Force.

hang on to your butts, west coast, i'll be mooching soon enough

Tawpgun

Did Comp Sci my freshman year. Got waped and found it super boring. Switched to my second choice major, Environmental Science, and loving my classes now.

Just finished my first co-op making $10 an hour at the Clean Energy Center here in Boston.

My Comp Sci friends on the other hand are making $20+ an hour.

RIP me. But I wouldn't change it now, love the department and the people here (there are girls in this major holy shit) My only regret is I didn't switch out of CS after that first semester. Choose your major wisely folks. And don't pick some dumb liberal arts degree
--------------------------------------

Halo is neat

Yea hate the weight Computer Science degrees get in the gaming industry since I just went with a general Business Management degree. Fuck me, not like I'd go back for a CS degree now.

Ora

Banned
I'm 22, dropped out. making $13hr managing a ski shop. #ballin

Follow your dreams.

Oh, and I get 65% off the ENTIRE Oakley store. #perks

My Comp Sci friends on the other hand are making $20+ an hour.
Honestly, pay is basically the biggest deciding factor in what job I want.

I'm currently making $10.50 an hour, and all I want out of my career is it to pay me enough to be able to support my hobbies and lifestyle. I mean, I'd love to have a job/career that not only paid me well, and I loved doing, but if I had to pick one, It'd be pay. $20 an hour or more sounds like a dream to me.

I'm still very upset at myself for not knowing what major and degree to pursue, even though I should get college ready in 5 months. :|

heckfu

Banned
Started out as a double major of pre med and percussion performance and decided that majoring in it was killing my love of actually playing music.
Decided on a whim to apply to pharmacy school and did well enough on the test that I did all of my prereqs in two years, got into a pharmacy school in what would've been my junior year of college, got out with my doctorate by 24.

If I could do it all over again I probably would've spent more time in undergrad. Fun, fun, fun times in college y'all. Enjoy it.

Tawpgun

Honestly, pay is basically the biggest deciding factor in what job I want.

I'm currently making $10.50 an hour, and all I want out of my career is it to pay me enough to be able to support my hobbies and lifestyle. I mean, I'd love to have a job/career that not only paid me well, and I loved doing, but if I had to pick one, It'd be pay. $20 an hour or more sounds like a dream to me.

I'm still very upset at myself for not knowing what major and degree to pursue, even though I should get college ready in 5 months. :|

Good luck sustaining your multiple xbox lifestyle without that rich parents money!

Good luck not getting wrecked in all the high paying majors!

What do you do currently SBD?

Umm.. I work at Red Lobster. I have two job positions, either work in the back preparing food (which is extremely easy and I like doing) for $10.50.

Or, I bus tables, which, while not being very dignifying, pays really well. I work for $4 an hour+ 1% of all sales while I'm there. On average, I get paid about $15 an hour doing this. Bad thing is I don't get many hours/shifts doing this.

I like my job. The good thing is, I plan on staying here until I'm done with College, so when I'm done with college in 5 years, my pay should be up to $14+ or so dollars an hour.

Good luck sustaining your multiple xbox lifestyle without that rich parents money!

Good luck not getting wrecked in all the high paying majors!

Thanks. :p I'm already looking into rent for houses/cost of living in a dorm. This is not going to be fun at all. :p

Ora

Banned

Bro, I'm 22, and sit here wondering, "what in the world do I wanna major in?!?" But you know what, don't force yourself to do anything you don't really care about. It's shitty to see friends graduate while I'm not even completed to sophomore year at a JC. I still have a 4.0 GPA because I took school seriously while I was there. I just know at this point in time, I have zero desire to be in school. I'm enjoying my ability to wake up, play video games, weightlift, go snowboarding or mountain biking for a few hours, then go to my job. Do I want more out of life career wise? Yes, I am not content with staying a ski shop manager for the rest of my life. I just know that when I find that passion for that one thing, I'll devote my full attention back to school to attain it. So yeah, don't feel bad :)

I should really finish my prereqs...

Bro, I'm 22, and sit here wondering, "what in the world do I wanna major in?!?" But you know what, don't force yourself to do anything you don't really care about. It's shitty to see friends graduate while I'm not even completed to sophomore year at a JC. I still have a 4.0 GPA because I took school seriously while I was there. I just know at this point in time, I have zero desire to be in school. I'm enjoying my ability to wake up, play video games, weightlift, go snowboarding or mountain biking for a few hours, then go to my job. Do I want more out of life career wise? Yes, I am not content with staying a ski shop manager for the rest of my life. I just know that when I find that passion for that one thing, I'll devote my full attention back to school to attain it. So yeah, don't feel bad :)

I almost want to take a year or so off of school after graduating, and just a break to kind of relax a bit and have more time to find something I really like and want to do with my life, but I probably won't just because I know most people who take breaks never return to school, or so says my school counselor.

I went into school not really knowing what I wanted to do. Got two associates degrees my first two years then transferred from a community college to a university with the intent of majoring in occupational science to work as a therapist. I was mildly interested in it but not really excited about it. Didn't get accepted into the program because of one failed class where the teacher basically screwed 90% of the people in it. Could have got into nursing school but it wasn't what I wanted to do.

Now I'm studying to be a teacher with a focus in history. The classes actually interest me and teaching is something I've been doing is a part time thing through college for 3 years now. While the pay won't be the greatest, it's what I want to do and enjoy. Schools need more teachers now who want to help kids, and a lot of kids need it these days.

So basically, my advice to you kids, do what you enjoy and don't worry about the money. Because ultimately the money isn't what will make you happy, doing what you enjoy will.

Ora

Banned
I almost want to take a year or so off of school after graduating, and just a break to kind of relax a bit and have more time to find something I really like and want to do with my life, but I probably won't just because I know most people who take breaks never return to school, or so says my school counselor.

You'll go back to school that's bs. I completed my first year, got straight A's, took a year off, went back for one semester and got straight A's again. It's doable buddy.

Tawpgun

I guess my advice would be to get some kinda degree first, and then do the ski bum thing.

I know doing that ski bum stuff is a bunch of peoples post-collegiate dream. I'd love to do it but I think it would kill your "momentum" for getting a job out of college.

Omni

So weird reading about US pay rates. I know people who are working at KFC and are getting close to $20AUD an hour. Of course there's exchange rates and whatnot. But still. Crazy.

Haha. I didn't know what I was going to do a year into my course. Eventually I decided to swap degrees for something a little more open ended.

Now I'm a year behind and won't graduate for another 2.5 years, but it's worth it. Either going to join the police or do a masters or education and become a primary school teacher. /aiming high.

gAg CruSh3r

Well, I will join this frenzy of age, education, and occupation.

I'm 21, I have took 3 years of college and I am now a licensed Denturist with my own business. Also my baby avatar is my son. :)

my province pays me $29/hr with ridiculous overtime to sweep floors, bondo, pour concrete, and move materials/equipment. I'm also studying various IT related things at some canadian polytechnic when I'm not working. I'll probably make half that when I graduate, but at least my back will work when I'm over 35. edit: I'm 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom