• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

I'm 22, dropped out. making $13hr managing a ski shop. #ballin

Follow your dreams.

Oh, and I get 65% off the ENTIRE Oakley store. #perks

AMC Film Crew/Maintenance Assistant

May-Dec, $1k in free movies
#madperks
god damn movies are expensive these days

need to keep part time job at movie theater til Halo movie comes out, must reap the employee benefits, must acquire all the posters, must protect the precious..

At the moment I'm a "Media Arts Associate" (I still have no legitimate title, I got the job from a craigslist ad looking for graphic design work) serving as a general producer of graphic arts, overseeing web development and also manage several social platform accounts for a local backyard equipment company (pools, spas, billiard tables, grills, etc.) for $12 an hour part-time. I generally shoot for about 25 hours a week.

It's just an interim thing, though - I have a guaranteed position in Radio and TV Broadcasting in the Air Force and thanks to my Associate's I'm going in as an E-3 right off the bat. I don't have an exact date on when I'm going in, but bare minimum I'm still looking at around six months so I figured I'd get a decent-paying job to afford Weird Wahrer Shit while I wait. The current plan's to get through basic and tech school and end up somewhere near the west coast and enjoy the sweet $2000 I earn in basic training, then wait a month after tech school to become elligible for E-4 (my tech school's 77 days), then spend four years in service before I try finding work elsewhere.

You never know, though, for all I know maybe I'll really like Broadcast Journalism and I'll just stick to the Air Force.

Or maybe I'll just go completely nuts before that even happens and get my Gravity Gauntlet kickstarter up and running. rip speedy

AMC Film Crew/Maintenance Assistant

May-Dec, $1k in free movies
#madperks
god damn movies are expensive these days

need to keep part time job at movie theater til Halo movie comes out, must reap the employee benefits, must acquire all the posters, must protect the precious..

I go to the movies every Tuesday, where it's "cheap night" at my theatre. It's $7/tk now, but a few years ago it was $5. Those were the days. Free movies is a pretty kickass perk, though.

nillapuddin

I'm still very upset at myself for not knowing what major and degree to pursue, even though I should get college ready in 5 months. :|

dude, fuck that
no way you will know going into college, if you think you do, you dont.

just dont put too much pressure on yourself

ihmo

take the first few semesters, grind out an AA, test the waters with electives, then choose where you wanna go, its easier to finish when you dont have to focus on fifty stupid pre-req's to fulfill for a bachelor you like

I go to the movies every Tuesday, where it's "cheap night" at my theatre. It's $7/tk now, but a few years ago it was $5. Those were the days. Free movies is a pretty kickass perk, though.

12 bucks standard
16 for 3D
18 for IMAX
datshitcray

Homeboyd

Guess heckfu and I are the only natural science nerds. BS Biology/Biomedical Science.

School rules. Stay in it... As long as possible.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Guess heckfu and I are the only natural science nerds. BS Biology/Biomedical Science.

School rules. Stay in it... As long as possible.

When I was younger I was all about science and math. Then as I got older and dumber I realized telling people about other stuff was my true passion.

edit: speedy, don't worry about not declaring a major. you've got at least 2-4 semesters worth of gen ed classes, you've got plenty of time. try things out and see what interests you

When I was younger I was all about science and math. Then as I got older and dumber I realized telling people about other stuff was my true passion.

edit: speedy, don't worry about not declaring a major. you've got at least 2-4 semesters worth of gen ed classes, you've got plenty of time. try things out and see what interests you

See, I'm just doing that in reverse order and don't realize it yet.

Karl2177

So tonight I decided to work on the HaloGAF Reach stats again. I'm at 107 of 131(~82%) HaloGAFfers from the original list on halogaf.com.

Approximately 12.5% of Double Kills ever amount to anything more. But if you manage to get up to Killpocalypse, there's about an 80% chance that you're going to get a Killionaire. But only 0.03% of Double Kills make it to Killionaire.

Sprees on the other hand are far more volatile after the Killing Frenzy. 13% of Sprees make it to Frenzy, but only 60% of Inconceivables make it to Unfriggenbelievable status. Only 0.025% of Sprees make it to Unfriggenbelievable.

HaloGAF's win rate is around 62%. The K/D ratio for HaloGAF is 1.44. The K/D spread is +816,811.

Back when the dinosaurs where around I did a double degree in computer science with a minor in physics. I had to laugh when they started teaching cobol and touch typing for 6 months. University (college to you Yankees) is a lot different these days and at least keeps up with tech trends for the most part.

I've never stopped taking courses though, MS certifications (MCP, MCSE+Internet), IT certs for various partner companies etc. I also read silly books like game design, graphic art, typography and things for fun...I know, NERD!

I'm 37 and have owned my on web development/hosting company for 14+ years now, my brother has been a co-director for 10 or so years and it's a family company these days. I started coding when I was 7-ish with my brother back on the first IBM personal computers that my Dad's work was lucky enough to have one at home for. My real regret is never getting into developing games when I was young, I've been personally learning 3DS MAX and what not for what seems like decades and I still keep up with so many facets of tech/gaming, they're insane industries and you're always learning.

To the younger members I found working night shifts a huge benefit to bring in more money for less hours work while studying. As long as you can handle the change to your sleep pattern or like me don't need much sleep each night. Enjoy your young school life and if you're inclined around that time is the "right time" to travel IMO. You know before kids etc.

EDIT: bulletin is up

Duji

20. 3rd year in comp sci. Work security part time at fancy clothing stores (seriously, who buys $108 socks?). Planning on doing co-op this year.

edit: half-assing real pic Jan

halo-mega-bloks-quad-walker-97263-unsc-oni-reap-x.jpg

herlerr werpernt said:
We’ve got an update for those of you following the Halo MEGA Bloks ONI REAP-X line! Coming soon is the UNSC Quad Walker, which is a highly advanced prototype walker based loosely on a number of Covenant models, including the Locust. Deployed from space much like a drop pod, the Walker’s primary weapons are two plasma cannons, similar to the Covenant’s Shade turret.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS

Tawpgun

So tonight I decided to work on the HaloGAF Reach stats again. I'm at 107 of 131(~82%) HaloGAFfers from the original list on halogaf.com.

Approximately 12.5% of Double Kills ever amount to anything more. But if you manage to get up to Killpocalypse, there's about an 80% chance that you're going to get a Killionaire. But only 0.03% of Double Kills make it to Killionaire.

Sprees on the other hand are far more volatile after the Killing Frenzy. 13% of Sprees make it to Frenzy, but only 60% of Inconceivables make it to Unfriggenbelievable status. Only 0.025% of Sprees make it to Unfriggenbelievable.

HaloGAF's win rate is around 62%. The K/D ratio for HaloGAF is 1.44. The K/D spread is +816,811.
What a nerd! Who cares!

heckfu, stop bringing our K/D down

Those action sack gametypes seem fun, might hop on and try em out

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Your shitty misuse of the word "rape" reminded me of this cool thing I saw on tumblr today. Cause guess what: rape is real, and it's a problem, and you should take it seriously.

I love this stuff.

23 - B.S. in Computer Science

Took till Junior year for me to realize how awesome programming was (it's like magic).
Yep it is

I got into programming as a youngling
Parents wouldn't buy me Halo CE so I just played the demo endlessly. Eventually started modding it and moved on from there.

I fumbled around in Biomedical Engineering for a semester *barf* before realizing I should just pursue a CS degree, which I'm working on now.

TitanFall having a Beta/Alpha makes me hope that 343 has a Beta/Alpha for Halo One. Should be even easier to have a beta now, no? Since Microsoft pretty much dropped all their old requirements and self publishing is a thing now?

Mistel

Banned
Reading about the US pay rates is odd, you get so little for work. As for age I'm probably just a bit younger than speedy is(youngest halogaffer).

Halo 5 needs to not dig its own grave with the changes they make. #no infinity

That robot thing is ugly.

Mistel

Banned
I mean... have you played Halo 4? Have you seen the Mantis? Have you seen literally every redesign that 343i have done?

It's hardly new
And none of them look that good, especially the pelican redesign. Just because you have the ability to change something, doesn't mean you should. The warthog sounds awful and is an example of pointless changes as well.

Omni

And none of them look that good, especially the pelican redesign. Just because you have the ability to change something, doesn't mean you should. The warthog sounds awful and is an example of pointless changes as well.

That was mah point.

I've said it before, but I'm still completely convinced that the Marine redesign in Halo 4 is a joke. Guess we'll know for certain once Halo 5 comes around.
Please, 343i. Please. Reach and CEA got the Marine design right. Everyone knows that they're Marines and not Spartans. Stop trying to justify shitty redesigns with things that weren't even a problem in the first place.

343i got some really cool redesign concepts of vehicles like the banshee (shown in the concept book), but they went with recycling a lot of reach models and just replaced the textures -.-

The design of the mantis never really fit to the the other UNSC vehicles for me. It's just too anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom