• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. So I randomly started thinking about Halo 5 being 60fps and all, then I wondered...is there any 60fps shooters in recent memory that doesn't have ADS and was it good? I only ask because I really don't want ADS in Halo ever.

60fps and ADS are not connected. It's a design desicion. I don't think that they would be stupid enough to make Halo like a modern shooter. But I've been wrong before.

Mistel

Banned
I hope they learn their mistakes from 4, although that was my thinking before I read "we had halo and scrapped it for infinity". That chief avatar pic needs a before shot, of chief reaction to the haven BR GIF.

IHaveIce

Banned
But conquest and rush are battlefield core games while the others ones are COD mechanics, I agree on Conquest, its really chaotic with 64 players running around. (I like domination)

I am still mad I couldnt play Sabotage.
please stop saying TDM and the other stuff are COD gametpyes, I don't single you out though, alot of people do that.

I would get Counter Strike but CoD? Come on.
But yeah it is too cluttered and like I said I dislike vehicles

Counter Strike is also still superior to CoD or Battlefield

Europe is the worst
don't you guys use feet as a scale system ! :lol

Why do we even let Europe be a country?!
Because of History and stuff. Hell we built your country bro

Jezehbell

US vs Europe, round 1.

gus-psyche-popcorn.gif

feel

Hey guys. So I randomly started thinking about Halo 5 being 60fps and all, then I wondered...is there any 60fps shooters in recent memory that doesn't have ADS and was it good? I only ask because I really don't want ADS in Halo ever.
CSGO is 144fps, doesn't have ADS and it shits on every other online shooter out there right now from great height.

AlStrong

I would love a poncho/moustache customization option that shows up in cut-scenes (amongst other silly things like big/tiny head).

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Halo 5 has ADS. It would only be on one rifle though and they'd use forge to remove it from the 'classic" playlist that has a population of 83, so what are you all moaning about?

I mean how do you expect them to out-Bungie Bungie again when Bungie have ADS in the latest Bungie game?????

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Halo 5 has ADS. It would only be on one rifle though and they'd use forge to remove it from the 'classic" playlist that has a population of 83, so what are you all moaning about?

I mean how do you expect them to out-Bungie Bungie again when Bungie have ADS in the latest Bungie game?????

Yup. We got sprint with the last game, ADS comes next. In regards to a classic playlist I'm not sure why anyone would want one. They've been collosal failures the past 2 games.

Speaking of America, I thought it was interesting in Contact Harvest that Staten seemed to think Chicago was like half the US by 2532 or whatever year it was when Johnson started that militia.

Give me a minute and I'll edit in the exact passage.

EDIT: I was somewhat off. Not quite half the US but still pretty big. Page 37:
"Chicago, the one-time heart of the American Midwest, was now an urban sprawl that covered the former states of Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana. The territory wasn't part of the United States, not in any formal sense. Some people who lived in the Zone still considered themselves American, but like everyone else on the planet they were citizens of the United Nations - a sea change in governance was inevitable once humanity began to colonize other worlds."

Reading this type of stuff, even if they are trivial write-offs barely elaborated on, are pretty fun for me.

EDIT2: Damn. Just that little quote and trying to find it got me hooked on Contact Harvest again. While the overall story was a bit underwhelming, like I said last night, the book is written well and Staten did a good job. Come back, Joe. plz.

Letters has a sick PC, he's just bragging :p

Also, I wonder how Needler would work with ADS. You wouldn't be able to see anything lol.
You also could get hurt. Putting your eyes next to something with spikes is really not something I would recommend.

ADS has no place in Halo.

Speaking of America, I thought it was interesting in Contact Harvest that Staten seemed to think Chicago was like half the US by 2532 or whatever year it was when Johnson started that militia.

"Chicago, the one-time heart of the American Midwest, was now an urban sprawl that covered the former states of Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana. The territory wasn't part of the United States, not in any formal sense. Some people who lived in the Zone still considered themselves American, but like everyone else on the planet they were citizens of the United Nations - a sea change in governance was inevitable once humanity began to colonize other worlds."

Reading this type of stuff, even if they are trivial write-offs barely elaborated on, are pretty fun for me.

EDIT2: Damn. Just that little quote and trying to find it got me hooked on Contact Harvest again. While the overall story was a bit underwhelming, like I said last night, the book is written well and Staten did a good job. Come back, Joe. plz.

Joe Staten is back at MS now...just not at 343.

The interesting thing about his hiring though is supposedly he is doing what Mike Ybarra is doing(a producer overseeing multiple titles, such as Ryse and Sunset Overdrive). I wonder what games Joe is working on. Maybe the Black Tusk game? Unannounced games we haven't heard of yet?

Joe Staten is back at MS now...just not at 343.

The interesting thing about his hiring though is supposedly he is doing what Mike Ybarra is doing(a producer overseeing multiple titles, such as Ryse and Sunset Overdrive). I wonder what games Joe is working on. Maybe the Black Tusk game? Unannounced games we haven't heard of yet?

I knew he was back at Microsoft but I was unsure about his exact job specifications, thanks.

Yeah, he's probably going to be overseeing the development of Black Tusk's game, I agree. Rumors are that they've had some problems to an experienced expert like him could really benefit them as a whole.

I wonder if it would be possible for him to write another Halo book, though.

Hell, maybe he'll write the first Black Tusk book. Or he might never write a book again. Oh well.

This might seem a bit personal but, what is is like working at the Carnegie museum?

It is/was great. I started volunteering when I was around 14, but it quickly opened numerous doors for me. Lots of opportunities.

Its also fun to know things years before the public when it comes to larger discoveries, haha.

It's a little eh for the start, but I'll pick this one up.. I have enjoyed her books even if I am not a fan of all of ONI getting off easy except for Halsey.

I think it was Apex. The map was intended to be bigger according to David Ellis.

Here is some other concept art of that level:

Certainly fits the look of above concept art.

I wish the game could bring the atmosphere in this art to life.. the art just was way more variety, and feels a lot more alive.

No. Master Chief was born in Eridanus II...

How do you call people from Eridanus?

Eridanuses. Eridanals.

Letters has a sick PC, he's just bragging :p

Also, I wonder how Needler would work with ADS. You wouldn't be able to see anything lol.

You'd poke your eyes out and be blind for the rest of the match. Oh, and two ideas for podcasts:

-Lore whore segment where we discuss Earth's sociopolitical development.
no one invite kittenfu

-HolaGAF radio, which is a non-halo-related podcast done by the HGR crew.

Sai-kun

Banned

Yassss Chicago's continuing power and relevance. Chicago rulesz.

You'd poke your eyes out and be blind for the rest of the match. Oh, and two ideas for podcasts:

-Lore whore segment where we discuss Earth's sociopolitical development.
no one invite kittenfu

-HolaGAF radio, which is a non-halo-related podcast done by the HGR crew.

Personally I think we should do one on a weekend, it's easier to schedule for grown-ups and us non-EST people.

Personally I think we should do one on a weekend, it's easier to schedule for grown-ups and us non-EST people.

Toshi wouldn't have weekends anymore, but we could always try a pre-customs podcast. That, or maybe stick it on Sundays and have a skeleton crew assemble podcast people on occasion.

I wonder if it'd be possible to do a Forgecast where you get the people you want and just have them dick around in a Forge session for an hour or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom