• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to assume I'm not in there because I'm so awful I'd bring the entire average down.

If you weren't on this list on March 31st, 2012, then you aren't going to be on it. There's a few exceptions to it where they played enough games with gaffers and were on the waiting list. Examples being Xand or Overdoziz.

Oh, whoops, my GT's outdated on there.

double edit: Whipped up a miniature weapon blueprint coloring book for you guys.

So is ilovebees.com part 2 happening or is Major Nelson a tool? Haven't looked into it much so I figured I'd let GAF dispel the rumor before I waste any time.

Chettlar

Banned
you-didnt-say-the-magic-word-o.gif

It was clean and easy to use it's a shame we didn't get an improved version in 4, The active roster was great.

But....b-but you didn't make Homestuck say the magic word. *sniffle* Nobody loves me.

Ok, fine. Please, Stormtrooper. :D

Mistel

Banned
So is ilovebees.com part 2 happening or is Major Nelson a tool? Haven't looked into it much so I figured I'd let GAF dispel the rumor before I waste any time.
The countdown on I love bees is counting down till the covenant arrive on earth. But I assume it's non related most likely.

Ghazi

Ok, I'll be putting another livestream up in 5 minutes and it should go on for the rest of the hour then I'm going to bed.

Anyone wanting to join can message me at "Ghazzarro" for an invite. Will be switching between 3 and Reach.

Live: http://www.twitch.tv/ghazzarro

No game audio (I don't understand why my PVR does not transfer audio for TV or PC), but I will be playing music.

FyreWulff

Ok, I'll be putting another livestream up in 5 minutes and it should go on for the rest of the hour then I'm going to bed.

Anyone wanting to join can message me at "Ghazzarro" for an invite. Will be switching between 3 and Reach.

Live: http://www.twitch.tv/ghazzarro

No game audio (I don't understand why my PVR does not transfer audio for TV or PC), but I will be playing music.

Which PVR is it, and which OS?

Ghazi

Which PVR is it, and which OS?

Hauppage HD PVR 1 and Windows 7. I've had various issues like the PVR stops sending signal to both the TV and computer when I plug it into the computer via USB, I fixed that I think. Sound isn't transmitted at all. I don't have a very good computer though, but I that still means I should get it through the TV, which I dont.

FyreWulff

seriously?

Yes, it's Bungie's (well, Microsoft's) copyrighted content. Legally, nobody is allowed to distribute it except for Microsoft.

Along similar lines, Microsoft/Bungie/343 says they own your maps in the Forge saving popups because all your Forge variants are derivative works of the original Bungie/343 map they were made on. While MS has not and probably never will lay claim to someone's original Forge World map that they remade in another game, it is why they don't have to ask for permission to use a map in matchmaking.. because it's theirs, not yours.

FyreWulff

Hauppage HD PVR 1 and Windows 7. I've had various issues like the PVR stops sending signal to both the TV and computer when I plug it into the computer via USB, I fixed that I think. Sound isn't transmitted at all. I don't have a very good computer though, but I that still means I should get it through the TV, which I dont.

Do you get audio to pass through if you put something that you know 100% sure is outputting sound on the audio in for the hauppage, then listen for it on the other end? To rule out hardware issues?

If that doesn't work, go to the audio settings and set your audio settings from component to component + SPDIF

Ghazi

Do you get audio to pass through if you put something that you know 100% sure is outputting sound on the audio in for the hauppage, then listen for it on the other end? To rule out hardware issues?

If that doesn't work, go to the audio settings and set your audio settings from component to component + SPDIF

Well, I'm 100% my 360 and PS3 are outputting sound. Before I plugged the PVR into my laptop I was getting audio out of my TV, after I plugged it in it went away. I am using a laptop for streaming, not some monster desktop PC. But, I've gotten good, consistent audio at times in the past so idk what's going on.

I'm using XSplit to stream btw, I personally think it's something wrong with the software, but idk anything about settings and setting the PVR up in that, I have messed with the settings in the past so it may be my fault.

Stream's over for the night, thanks for playing with me Prinz.

Will possibly stream even more tomorrow since I have a 3 day weekend woohoo thank you MLK!
Hopefully I'll work out this audio issue, I had an accidental bad choice of music :/

Good games with Ghazi. Anniversary feels really weird, the headshots feel just a tad random, I don't know if it's the weird bloom setting they used or what. TU DMR in standard still feels good though.

Guys, so Microsoft is paying YouTubers $3 per 1000 views on videos promoting the Xbox One.

I already do this shit for free.

Problem is I don't get views. I know many of you guys run your own sites and promotional thing, so any advice on how to grow your "network"? I don't want to be a loser and advertise my stuff in irrelevant places though (hell I'm even against advertising in relevant places). I just overall don't like advertising my stuff, if people watch me, hey, cool. But... you know this is an easy way to make money, considering those $3 add into the $1 YouTube already gives you... so yeah. How do I get grow without being a loser and losing all self respect and spamming advertisements?

In all honesty. I haven't seen a popular YouTube channel that doesn't spam or self promote 24/7

I know. :( I ran a group channel for about half a year with school friends, everyone always got frustrated at me because I never let us advertise. Always felt shitty having to advertise to get any attention, so I never did/do. I mean... the "just let people find you" approach kind of work, since most of my videos get 100 views naturally, but... that never leads to anything. I maybe get like 2 subscribers per videos, so the growth is pretty much non-existent. Heh... I'm gonna try really hard while this promotion is running and raise my quality and just hope people subscribe and view.

EDIT: Fuck it nevermind gonna make shitty parody videos and other shitty videos that get spread around under "LOOK AT THIS DUMBASS" and just rake in the money. Writing the script to "Xbox Fanboy cries and rages and tells people to stop hating the Xbox One". Hell, this worked for people like SammyClassicSonic and other bad channels. :|

Madness

Nylund really gave life to Halsey as a character. The diary included with the Reach LE was his handiwork.

Sadly, Travis took over and since Halsey is OP, they decided to turn her heel.

Frank O'Connor should be shot for allowing this travesty to the extended universe that have been Travis' books. :(

From the Mortal Dictata cover thread. Geez, what the hell is wrong with some people.

jelly

Halo 2 will be 10 years old this year so maybe a nod to that being remade.

Halo Quadrilogy. remade for Xbox One, native 1080p etc. Includes Halo 5 Beta Access.

Do it Microsoft.

Fuchsdh

In all honesty. I haven't seen a popular YouTube channel that doesn't spam or self promote 24/7

That's what happens when you allow ads. The whole ContentID thing was pretty bizarre because ultimately you have people complaining that *their* copyright violation should be free to make money, while others shouldn't. Monetization has turned a lot of youtube into a cesspool of ads and thirty-second pads on videos with "watch/subscribe/rate/tell me I'm pretty" pleas for attention.

Mistel

Banned
Problem is I don't get views. (hell I'm even against advertising in relevant places)
So you don't advertise in relevant places and you wonder how you don't get views? Your highest viewed video's are green screen videos, maybe your content isn't that interesting? You have spent too much money on your avatar as well :/.

Ghazi

EDIT: Fuck it nevermind gonna make shitty parody videos and other shitty videos that get spread around under "LOOK AT THIS DUMBASS" and just rake in the money. Writing the script to "Xbox Fanboy cries and rages and tells people to stop hating the Xbox One". Hell, this worked for people like SammyClassicSonic and other bad channels. :|

Why do you need a script for this when you can literally copy and paste your posts from the Xbox One reveal threads?

:p

Mistel

Banned
Why do you need a script for this when you can literally copy and paste your posts from the Xbox One reveal threads?

:p
Damn harsh but so true.

I got new boots that fit my giant UK size 11 feet yay finally, my feet are going to be massive when I stop growing though :(.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I know. :( I ran a group channel for about half a year with school friends, everyone always got frustrated at me because I never let us advertise. Always felt shitty having to advertise to get any attention, so I never did/do. I mean... the "just let people find you" approach kind of work, since most of my videos get 100 views naturally, but... that never leads to anything. I maybe get like 2 subscribers per videos, so the growth is pretty much non-existent. Heh... I'm gonna try really hard while this promotion is running and raise my quality and just hope people subscribe and view.

In order to get views, you have to do at least one of these things:

-Be unique
-Be funny
-Be extremely good at something

No one's going to watch you cover popular songs with "Xbox One" replacing every noun.

Nebula

Sorry for not joining yesterday, my sister was in a spree of watching criminals minds on Netflix

They have good taste.

All I can recommend for you Speedy is that you keep at it and at some point your channel might explode. I had a friend who was at <500 for like 2 years and then he did some Halo Anniversary and went up to 2000+. He carried on doing Halo content and went to around 12K before he stopped doing YouTube stuff.

FyreWulff

Well, I'm 100% my 360 and PS3 are outputting sound. Before I plugged the PVR into my laptop I was getting audio out of my TV, after I plugged it in it went away. I am using a laptop for streaming, not some monster desktop PC. But, I've gotten good, consistent audio at times in the past so idk what's going on.

I'm using XSplit to stream btw, I personally think it's something wrong with the software, but idk anything about settings and setting the PVR up in that, I have messed with the settings in the past so it may be my fault.

Looking around, this device seems to have sound cutout issues. I'm not really familiar with the Hauppage but I bet it's a setting in it's software or Windows' sound settings that's determining the level of sound it's attempt to send along to the TV and PC.

What you may just want to do is uninstall and reinstall it's software and see what that does.

Ghazi

Looking around, this device seems to have sound cutout issues. I'm not really familiar with the Hauppage but I bet it's a setting in it's software or Windows' sound settings that's determining the level of sound it's attempt to send along to the TV and PC.

What you may just want to do is uninstall and reinstall it's software and see what that does.

I actually just made a thread Gaming side about it, hopefully someone else has same issues and has fixed them and can help me.

By reinstalling the software do you mean XSplit or the HD PVR drivers, because I've u reinstalled the PVR drivers multiple times now, but I did not uninstall it beforehand.

FyreWulff

I actually just made a thread Gaming side about it, hopefully someone else has same issues and has fixed them and can help me.

By reinstalling the software do you mean XSplit or the HD PVR drivers, because I've u reinstalled the PVR drivers multiple times now, but I did not uninstall it beforehand.

PVR drivers, Xsplit generally just accepts whatever it's being fed.

Ghazi

PVR drivers, Xsplit generally just accepts whatever it's being fed.

I'll give it a shot later, hopefully that fixes it. The thread is here if you want an in depth write up on it. Tashi or ExWife, what do you stream with? I've really been trying to figure out the most optimal settings, but understanding all these options at once is fairly confusing to me.

FyreWulff

I'll give it a shot later, hopefully that fixes it. The thread is here if you want an in depth write up on it. Tashi or ExWife, what do you stream with? I've really been trying to figure out the most optimal settings, but understanding all these options at once is fairly confusing to me.

If they don't mind me answering, I believe both Tashi and Exwife use Black Magic Intensity Pros like I do (also apparently Exwife is banned?)

That's an internal card though and requires a fairly strong computer, and costs around 200$. Also, the name of it is appropriate for getting it to work properly the first time. But when it works.. it's amazing. Also requires fast HDDs if you want to do recording.

There's the Black Magic Shuttle which uses USB3 or Thunderbolt. I tried the shuttle first, and found out that even though I had the right USB3 chipset, I didn't have the correct revision. Didn't work. Thunderbolt is $TEXAS to get included on a motherboard still, because politics.

edit: ExWife clarified that he uses the BM USB3 shuttle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom