• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghazi

If they don't mind me answering, I believe both Tashi and Exwife use Black Magic Intensity Pros like I do (also apparently Exwife is banned?)

That's an internal card though and requires a fairly strong computer, and costs around 200$. Also, the name of it is appropriate for getting it to work properly the first time. But when it works.. it's amazing. Also requires fast HDDs if you want to do recording.

There's the Black Magic Shuttle which uses USB3 or Thunderbolt. I tried the shuttle first, and found out that even though I had the right USB3 chipset, I didn't have the correct revision. Didn't work. Thunderbolt is $TEXAS to get included on a motherboard still, because politics.
Ah, see I got my PVR for $20 new, but open box (which is why I assume the USB cable and CD was missing). I would love to have a Black Magic, but $200 is way too expensive. Not to mention, like you said I'd need a good computer and HDD to make it work well, I'm fairly happy with my Hauppauge when it works well.

TheOddOne

I'm posting this for Plywood: Hannibal season 2 trailer.

giphy.gif

re: speedster

Instead of $3 per 1000 views (I would have exactly $7.50, rip), why not try to move up in the ranks within the company of intrigue and prestige that is Red Lobster? Start stealing cheese beeyuzkutz and giving them to the local homeless. Form a vagabond union. Use said union to orchestrate small-scale heists at local jewelers and pawn off those peas and carats for unbelievably high sums of money. Proceed to rule the west coast.

Ghazi

re: speedster

Instead of $3 per 1000 views (I would have exactly $7.50, rip), why not try to move up in the ranks within the company of intrigue and prestige that is Red Lobster? Start stealing cheese beeyuzkutz and giving them to the local homeless. Form a vagabond union. Use said union to orchestrate small-scale heists at local jewelers and pawn off those peas and carats for unbelievably high sums of money. Proceed to rule the west coast.

The bike is the plan and Speedy is the rider:

eEyC7ji.gif

m23

The bike is the plan and Speedy is the rider:

eEyC7ji.gif

Lmao.

Anyways, I think in order to be accepted into that $3 per 1000 view program, you would have to be a Machinima partner wouldn't you? So yeah, unless you are one, that gif seems pretty accurate.

Karl2177

I'm going to make an infographic for the Reach stats, and then I'll release the full stats.

Link to article on my blog: http://aegisfate.wordpress.com/2014/01/19/stats/

stats_header.png
This article comes as I conclude the collection of HaloGAF’s Reach stats, almost two years after bungie.net stopped updating them. In this, I’ll talk about the good things and the issues with bungie.net’s stat presentation, as well as address some of Halo Waypoint’s issues.
thegood.png

• Bungie.net’s greatest strength is how easy and natural it is to navigate. From the main service record, it is easy to get to weapon statistics, medals, or game history. The navbar on the left allows for access to nearly every page in the service record.
  • The weapon page has detailed statistics that can be sorted in numerous ways. Even when comparing statistics, sorting works as expected.
  • The medals page is concise and shows all potential medals. It also includes the similar sorts as the weapons, allowing to see detailed medal stats for specific maps and playlists.
  • The career stats page gives a good summary of a player’s top weapons and basic stats like Kill/Death ratio.
  • File Shares are easy to manage and can be sorted easily.
  • Heatmaps are incredibly useful to analyze map behaviors.
  • The Game Viewer is great for reviewing a match.
  • Although, incredibly under utilized, the RSS feed for games is pretty helpful when reviewing stats.
  • The API is a close second place for the best thing that bungie.net did.
thebad.png

• Medals and weapons should link to the game history. If I do a sort on First Strike medals, I should be able to click the medal and be linked to every game where I earned the First Strike medal.
  • Heatmaps are sometimes broken, and they will only show a red dot in the very corner of the map.
  • Heatmaps should distinguish between a map name and a base map. Forge World is the worst offender of this, because the sections where maps are, are painted red.
  • The RSS feed isn’t obvious enough. For such an incredibly helpful tool, it has a tiny button.
  • The weapons page does not show every single weapon. It should show a weapon, even if a player doesn’t have any kills or deaths with it.
  • The weapons page also doesn’t have a default ordering. It changes based on the number of kills with each weapon. It needs a default ordering, and it could be based on alphabetical order.
  • The weapons page doesn’t show what weapon(s) you were holding when you died. This type of statistic could be interesting to see.
  • There isn’t an “All Multiplayer” or “All Co-op” sort. This means if someone was gathering statistics they would have to get stats for Arena, Invasion, and Competitive to get an accurate multiplayer set of stats.
theugly.png

• I’ve gone over Waypoint a lot, but I’ll just start off with how slow it is. If you need to drop Silverlight, do it.
  • Bungie’s greatest strength is Waypoint’s biggest flaw. It is difficult to navigate.
  • Waypoint also has incorrect stats. When I made my way to the ODST page, it said that I had 47 out of 47 achievements. This would be great, except for the fact that I don’t have Endure yet.
  • The War Games page on Halo Waypoint is fairly useless and also has the all capitals text.
  • The background animation is annoying on the Halo 4 stats. Although it can be turned off, it shouldn’t be there in the first place.
  • The recent games list is short, and there should be more complete game history.
  • The two column stats page is bad design. If I have a large enough screen, I should be able to view everything concurrently. It also creates a dual scrolling scenario, which generally isn’t a good thing.
  • The Halo 4 section doesn’t show how many lifetime challenges that a player has completed.
  • Halo 4′s Spartan Ops sorting introduces horizontal scrolling in addition to the dual vertical scrolling.
  • The webapp for Halo 4 crashes a lot.
  • The Halo Reach section clumps all challenges together.
  • The data presented on the main Halo Reach page isn’t very relevant.
  • The Halo Reach playlist page links to maps that don’t exist.
  • Custom challenges are awesome, but they are buried under so many menus.
  • When entering the File Share for Reach, you can’t go back to the service record.
  • There’s much, much more that I haven’t even covered…

All in all, stats have become a huge part of Halo since their introduction. There’s a lot that’s good, but there’s so much room to improve.

Nowise10

Lmao.

Anyways, I think in order to be accepted into that $3 per 1000 view program, you would have to be a Machinima partner wouldn't you? So yeah, unless you are one, that gif seems pretty accurate.

And Microsoft is only giving away something like $3750 in total for the entire program.
And I'm pretty sure hundreds have already subscribed to the program, some having millions and hundred thousands of subscribers.

Yay, my friend gave me a 14-day trial code. Might play some Halo 4 today, I'm not sure.

And those stats, that's a lot of work Karl. Really nice.

Why do you need a script for this when you can literally copy and paste your posts from the Xbox One reveal threads?

:p
Hahaha holy shit. #GSOSpeedy

Did we ever find out what the results to that survey from Speedy to 343 are?
Err... I told Microsoft I don't mind the Microtranscations and I really liked the options and benefits it gives to gamers, and delivering more options is never a bad thing, and I would not mind, and almost like, seeing it implanted in more games.

I was then given a free copy of Ryse: Son of Rome, and since I was honest when I said Ryse and Knack will never touch my systems, I sold Ryse for like $30 at Gamestop.

What would be everyone's like special move thingy. (That's what the shiny orb thing does?) As you can see I've only played like twice.

Tashi's Final Smash lowers the kill ceiling to three feet above the playing field.

Mix's has everyone choke to death on airline food.

ExWife's compresses the entire playspace into a 240x360 .gif.

Karl ignores all other players, becoming immune to damage.

Funknown and Bigshow (who are a pair, like the Ice Climbers) pull out akimbo Combat Evolved pistols and can only strafe.

Plywood deems the combat UNACCEPTABLE and summons an army of debatably legal-looking girls in yoga pants and instagram filters.

Heckfu & Biggy (another pair) deem the humor tasteless and start an unskippable cutscene where they spend a day out set to Chariots of Fire.

Overdoziz expresses his disinterest in a one-word exclamation before turning into a Monitor and dropping tanks on the battlefield.

Fyrewulff puts you to sleep, steals $200 from your Microsoft account and then drops the Spire on you.

Mine, Omegapost, summons a cascade of meteoric walls of text that rain down from the e-heavens.

Ghaleon gets his Fully Powered Beekeper Suit and immolates the competition with a combination of hoses and pesticides.

Daedalius becomes invincible, complains about how much your Final Smash sucks and then disappears from the match until another one is used.

Zoojoo spawns fezes on everyone's heads, which can't be removed.

Slightly Live yells at you from beyond the fourth wall, criticising your controller choice and that Karen Traviss is the modern-day Ayn Rand.

Kittens insta-kills any fighter within earshot that's a white 18-35 hetereosexual male.

Dax blinds you with Abrams-esque lens flares before giving any Ghaleons on the field invulnerability.

Sai-kun sends your character into an inescapable dance animation before melting your speakers with trap music and spamming tumblr photos of overly-muscled, hairy gentlemen.

Bish (who I guess is an honorary halogaffer thanks to the pre-ghaleon modding) just boots you from the game and IP bans your console.

Nowise flies around in a wheelchair doing double damage, but squanders it by calling your character out for doing shit I'm pretty sure you didn't even do.

Ora crossfits to get quadruple damage and pentuple-wields Halo 3 ARs. Any Wahrers on the battlefield become invulnerable.

Speedy pilots an XBOX HUEG WUN and finishes by spewing a mysterious, milky-white coolant from the console's vents. CBOAT makes a cameo.

juices drowns you in a sea of his rejected 343 job applications.

Finally, Jellycrackers summons a horde of live studio orchestra doppelgangers to disorient enemy players. The Final Smash has a 50% chance of bricking all consoles in the game because Mixcraft has encountered a fatal error and must shut down. Attempting to reload your project factory resets your console.

Homeboyd

Nice work Karl. Agreed, waypoint is a mess. Hell, even the necessary community forums used for admin related activities moved off-site. It's much better than it was in recent memory, but at that point the site was basically unusuable.

I have some of the same issues with b.bext although their site runs as smoothly as it ever has. It's just the design I can't get past. The forums/groups, etc... were so much easier to navigate before due to simplicity. I'm sure it'll improve once destiny is released and there's a reason to return, I just can't get used to it.

I didn't have that problem with waypoint, the site just never worked properly. Stats always incorrect, horribly slow loads, PM's never worked (still don't think they do), always had to re-sign in even if I just closed the page... Silverlight. CC's just pretty much stopped using the site altogether.

Karl2177

Can anyone tell me the symmetric situation on the Castle and Champion Maps?
After you make the infographic can those of us who want to take a look see the excel?

Good work on that tho.
Yeah. I'll see if Wu can host it on HBO, since my dropbox got hit hard when I did the Halo 3 Image Pack.

Err... I told Microsoft I don't mind the Microtranscations and I really liked the options and benefits it gives to gamers, and delivering more options is never a bad thing, and I would not mind, and almost like, seeing it implanted in more games.

I was then given a free copy of Ryse: Son of Rome, and since I was honest when I said Ryse and Knack will never touch my systems, I sold Ryse for like $30 at Gamestop.

Wow. First you say microtransactions are good and you want more of them. Then you turn around and sell a freebie. Wow.

Can anyone tell me the symmetric situation on the Castle and Champion Maps?

Yeah. I'll see if Wu can host it on HBO, since my dropbox got hit hard when I did the Halo 3 Image Pack.

Wow. First you say microtransactions are good and you want more of them. Then you turn around and sell a freebie. Wow.
I specifically mentioned the Microtransactions should remain 100% optional and should NEVER be required to progress or have fun with the game. I don't see an issue with letting people who just want to beat the game with no effort do so by paying money.

Also, Microsoft is a company, not a friend/family/loved one. I'll sell their gift. If it was someone personal, I would keep the gift and at least try and appreciate it.

Mistel

Banned
Funknown and Bigshow (who are a pair, like the Ice Climbers) pull out akimbo Combat Evolved pistols and can only strafe.

Heckfu & Biggy (another pair) deem the humor tasteless and start an unskippable cutscene where they spend a day out set to Chariots of Fire.
gentlemen.
Lol now I want see both pair's fight like this it would be hilarious. Don't I get one or am I DLC?

I don't see an issue with letting people who just want to beat the game with no effort do so by paying money.
If your going to throw money at a game to finish it then why pay for it in the first place? That just seem's like a waste of even more money.

Finally, Jellycrackers summons a horde of live studio orchestra doppelgangers to disorient enemy players. The Final Smash has a 50% chance of bricking all consoles in the game because Mixcraft has encountered a fatal error and must shut down. Attempting to reload your project factory resets your console.

I was reading the list and about to be really sad until I saw this at the end :D

On a semi-related note, I just uploaded another new track. A preview track for an album I'll be putting out in May. This one gives me a little more "Destiny" feels than it does Halo. Although maybe a little darker.

http://youtu.be/4-49Dw4tQSc

Lol now I want see both pair's fight like this it would be hilarious. Don't I get one or am I DLC?

I am not there either too. *super sad*

Stormtrooper makes every enemy's attack miss and causes a horde of diphlosaurus to melt the faces off anyone in the match with a BMI of over 22.

Orochinagis turns into Poncho Chief and pummels the competition to a small Spanish brass section.

I was reading the list and about to be really sad until I saw this at the end :D

On a semi-related note, I just uploaded another new track. A preview track for an album I'll be putting out in May. This one gives me a little more "Destiny" feels than it does Halo. Although maybe a little darker.

http://youtu.be/4-49Dw4tQSc

Dammit! My next album is using that "world in space" theme for the album art too.

On a serious note, I think it's a good mix of ambient, alien atmosphere and that trademark darkness your pieces have. It's ominous but not straight-up horror, so I think it's going to sound a lot like a natural, more atmospheric extension of what was in Derelict.

Do you have CineBrass, by the way? It's pretty fun to play around with.

Dammit! My next album is using that "world in space" theme for the album art too.

On a serious note, I think it's a good mix of ambient, alien atmosphere and that trademark darkness your pieces have. It's ominous but not straight-up horror, so I think it's going to sound a lot like a natural, more atmospheric extension of what was in Derelict.

Do you have CineBrass, by the way? It's pretty fun to play around with.

Thanks! I wish I had CineBrass. I'm still using brass from EastWest Symphonic Orchestra Silver. It sucks lol. But I don't currently have the money to spend on more libraries.

ElRenoRaven

Why not xbox one?

Simple. Because odds are if it were in production it would have started long before this gen was finalized. Also it would give us all 3 of the main games in the trilogy working on the same console without any BC issues. And also again the 360 has the greater user base.

Ghazi

Halo: Reach livestream going up now, for another day. Will be playing for a good while tonight, but I may have to break for dinner at some point (cursed mortal needs).

Audio issues have been fixed! Game sound will be heard, with no garbage music!

As always, message "Ghazzarro" for an invite.

Let me know if the stream is laggy, I've increased the bitrate again, but I'm not sure if my internet can handle it!

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/ghazzarro

Tunavi

Banned
Guys, so Microsoft is paying YouTubers $3 per 1000 views on videos promoting the Xbox One.

I already do this shit for free.

Problem is I don't get views. I know many of you guys run your own sites and promotional thing, so any advice on how to grow your "network"? I don't want to be a loser and advertise my stuff in irrelevant places though (hell I'm even against advertising in relevant places). I just overall don't like advertising my stuff, if people watch me, hey, cool. But... you know this is an easy way to make money, considering those $3 add into the $1 YouTube already gives you... so yeah. How do I get grow without being a loser and losing all self respect and spamming advertisements?
just get a job

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
He mentioned that he has like $1000 to blow to go to E3, I'm pretty sure he has a job lolol.

E3 is fun but if you're going there to wait on line to play new games for fun (and not for work) you're doing it wrong. I also recommend being over 21 to enjoy the parties and late night activities properly. But hey, the conferences are pretty damn awesome.

E3 is fun but if you're going there to wait on line to play new games for fun (and not for work) you're doing it wrong. I also recommend being over 21 to enjoy the parties and late night activities properly. But hey, the conferences are pretty damn awesome.

Part of me wants to save up for PAX, but the fact that I'll only be 19 has me concerned. Then again, I don't really drink in the first place, so admission would be the only real issue.

Ghazi

When Speedy and HGS go to the bars, when talking to the bartender, he's like: "Give me your finest wines"

e: stream will continue after I go pick up and eat Pizza

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Part of me wants to save up for PAX, but the fact that I'll only be 19 has me concerned. Then again, I don't really drink in the first place, so admission would be the only real issue.

Exactly. It's not about drinking, it's about getting into places. PAX is a different beast though. There are lots of activities and others that are under 21.

PAX Melbourne, Aus was a total joke to get tickets to even go to the event. At least they already secured far better venue(s), I think they're doing two exhibition buildings this year, so at least I'll be able to actually attend the second Melbourne PAX event.

You don't even want to know how much the weekend tickets were scalping for on eBay, not worth it for that limited space and inflated prices.

So, real(ly stupid) talk here: as long as you teetotal as fuck and look it, is it hard at all to get into bars during events like that? Seriously, all I want are fruity virgin drinks and to play billiards. The bouncers won't kill me for it, right? Right?

I meant for someone who doesn't drink. But yea for those that do drink, it makes for the best of times lol.
snowangel.gif
So, real(ly stupid) talk here: as long as you teetotal as fuck and look it, is it hard at all to get into bars during events like that? Seriously, all I want are fruity virgin drinks and to play billiards. The bouncers won't kill me for it, right? Right?
The chances of someone under 21 getting into bars are pretty slim.

Chettlar

Banned
Tashi's Final Smash lowers the kill ceiling to three feet above the playing field.

Mix's has everyone choke to death on airline food.

ExWife's compresses the entire playspace into a 240x360 .gif.

Karl ignores all other players, becoming immune to damage.

Plywood deems the combat UNACCEPTABLE and summons an army of debatably legal-looking girls in yoga pants and instagram filters.

Overdoziz expresses his disinterest in a one-word exclamation before turning into a Monitor and dropping tanks on the battlefield.

Fyrewulff puts you to sleep, steals $200 from your Microsoft account and then drops the Spire on you.

Mine, Omegapost, summons a cascade of meteoric walls of text that rain down from the e-heavens.

Ghaleon gets his Fully Powered Beekeper Suit and immolates the competition with a combination of hoses and pesticides.

Daedalius becomes invincible, complains about how much your Final Smash sucks and then disappears from the match until another one is used.

Zoojoo spawns fezes on everyone's heads, which can't be removed.

Slightly Live yells at you from beyond the fourth wall, criticising your controller choice and that Karen Traviss is the modern-day Ayn Rand.

Kittens insta-kills any fighter within earshot that's a white 18-35 hetereosexual male.

Dax blinds you with Abrams-esque lens flares before giving any Ghaleons on the field invulnerability.

Sai-kun sends your character into an inescapable dance animation before melting your speakers with trap music and spamming tumblr photos of overly-muscled, hairy gentlemen.

Bish (who I guess is an honorary halogaffer thanks to the pre-ghaleon modding) just boots you from the game and IP bans your console.

Nowise flies around in a wheelchair doing double damage, but squanders it by calling your character out for doing shit I'm pretty sure you didn't even do.

Ora crossfits to get quadruple damage and pentuple-wields Halo 3 ARs. Any Wahrers on the battlefield become invulnerable.

Speedy pilots an XBOX HUEG WUN and finishes by spewing a mysterious, milky-white coolant from the console's vents. CBOAT makes a cameo.

juices drowns you in a sea of his rejected 343 job applications.

This is probably a really, really bad idea, but what is mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom