• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chettlar

Banned
You sucker punch the closest target just out sight of the mods' vengeful eyes and then run like hell.

No idea about your Final Smash, though.

I reach full candiosity and beat everyone up with my Professer Pester club.

lol Just looked at my avatar and thought of that.

I was reading the list and about to be really sad until I saw this at the end :D

On a semi-related note, I just uploaded another new track. A preview track for an album I'll be putting out in May. This one gives me a little more "Destiny" feels than it does Halo. Although maybe a little darker.

http://youtu.be/4-49Dw4tQSc

This is really good.

I write some music too actually, but I'm poor as dirt and can't afford anything to make my songs sound any good. What program and sound libraries do you use?

Chettlar

Banned
#RESURRECTED

4-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

What happened?

Fracas

#fuckonami
except the patriots sucked ass for 75% of the game

Yeah that game wasn't quite as good. There were like 5 minutes in the fourth were I thought Brady was going to get to work.

How the Broncos defense shut him out for 3 quarters is one of this generation's biggest questions.

Ghazi

Tunavi, you should eat out at Red Lobster more often. I'd love to see your face when Speedy walks up to you as your waiter lol.

Even though you two don't live in the same state, most likely

Do none of you want to play Halo?

Ora

Banned
Tashi's Final Smash lowers the kill ceiling to three feet above the playing field.

Mix's has everyone choke to death on airline food.

ExWife's compresses the entire playspace into a 240x360 .gif.

Karl ignores all other players, becoming immune to damage.

Funknown and Bigshow (who are a pair, like the Ice Climbers) pull out akimbo Combat Evolved pistols and can only strafe.

Plywood deems the combat UNACCEPTABLE and summons an army of debatably legal-looking girls in yoga pants and instagram filters.

Heckfu & Biggy (another pair) deem the humor tasteless and start an unskippable cutscene where they spend a day out set to Chariots of Fire.

Overdoziz expresses his disinterest in a one-word exclamation before turning into a Monitor and dropping tanks on the battlefield.

Fyrewulff puts you to sleep, steals $200 from your Microsoft account and then drops the Spire on you.

Mine, Omegapost, summons a cascade of meteoric walls of text that rain down from the e-heavens.

Ghaleon gets his Fully Powered Beekeper Suit and immolates the competition with a combination of hoses and pesticides.

Daedalius becomes invincible, complains about how much your Final Smash sucks and then disappears from the match until another one is used.

Zoojoo spawns fezes on everyone's heads, which can't be removed.

Slightly Live yells at you from beyond the fourth wall, criticising your controller choice and that Karen Traviss is the modern-day Ayn Rand.

Kittens insta-kills any fighter within earshot that's a white 18-35 hetereosexual male.

Dax blinds you with Abrams-esque lens flares before giving any Ghaleons on the field invulnerability.

Sai-kun sends your character into an inescapable dance animation before melting your speakers with trap music and spamming tumblr photos of overly-muscled, hairy gentlemen.

Bish (who I guess is an honorary halogaffer thanks to the pre-ghaleon modding) just boots you from the game and IP bans your console.

Nowise flies around in a wheelchair doing double damage, but squanders it by calling your character out for doing shit I'm pretty sure you didn't even do.

Ora crossfits to get quadruple damage and pentuple-wields Halo 3 ARs. Any Wahrers on the battlefield become invulnerable.

Speedy pilots an XBOX HUEG WUN and finishes by spewing a mysterious, milky-white coolant from the console's vents. CBOAT makes a cameo.

juices drowns you in a sea of his rejected 343 job applications.

Finally, Jellycrackers summons a horde of live studio orchestra doppelgangers to disorient enemy players. The Final Smash has a 50% chance of bricking all consoles in the game because Mixcraft has encountered a fatal error and must shut down. Attempting to reload your project factory resets your console.

Amazing.

Chettlar

Banned
Random Halo 2 Anniversary Wishlist (no particular order):

1. Platforms: Xbox 360. Graphics would push the 360 much like Halo 4 did, so that then PC and Xbox One could get the game as well, but this time with 1080p/60fps. Either that or have the PC and Xbox One versions done separately.

2. Need I say untouched multiplayer? Include all PC maps on all versions of the game, and some of the Combat Evolved's maps as well -- since we didn't get CE multiplayer with Anniversary. :(

3. Assault rifle as something you can pick up in the campaign (so like, if I'm walking along and see a rack with a bunch of BRs, there will be a few ARs as well. Marines could have them as well).

4. Campaign reworked. I'm sort of conflicted about this one, but I know Bungie had a ton of levels and really cool things that simply couldn't make it in because of time issues. At least have Legendary reworked some, so that enemies aren't just harder to kill, etc.

5. Basically, I really hope the cut scenes, when redone, are pretty much completely rehauled. For example, the part where Arby is standing in front of the huge crowd of people naked, about to get scalded by that branding thing; that part needs to be redone. I know exactly what kind of feel Bungie was trying to get, but the technical limitations of the Xbox really limited that. That part needs to be completely redone to look much more epic, sinister, and mostly... big. Several of the parts, I can tell, were supposed to give me goose bumps....but they didn't, because of tech limitations.

Random Halo 2 Anniversary Wishlist (no particular order):

1. Platforms: Xbox 360. Graphics would push the 360 much like Halo 4 did, so that then PC and Xbox One could get the game as well, but this time with 1080p/60fps. Either that or have the PC and Xbox One versions done separately.

2. Need I say untouched multiplayer? Include all PC maps on all versions of the game, and some of the Combat Evolved's maps as well -- since we didn't get CE multiplayer with Anniversary. :(

3. Assault rifle as something you can pick up in the campaign (so like, if I'm walking along and see a rack with a bunch of BRs, there will be a few ARs as well. Marines could have them as well).

4. Campaign reworked. I'm sort of conflicted about this one, but I know Bungie had a ton of levels and really cool things that simply couldn't make it in because of time issues. At least have Legendary reworked some, so that enemies aren't just harder to kill, etc.

5. Basically, I really hope the cut scenes, when redone, are pretty much completely rehauled. For example, the part where Arby is standing in front of the huge crowd of people naked, about to get scalded by that branding thing; that part needs to be redone. I know exactly what kind of feel Bungie was trying to get, but the technical limitations of the Xbox really limited that. That part needs to be completely redone to look much more epic, sinister, and mostly... big. Several of the parts, I can tell, were supposed to give me goose bumps....but they didn't, because of tech limitations.

They arent going to do any campaign rework,the point of a H2 is to have it as the original form and not touched on besides obvious stuff like graphics. It would be cool however if it is on an extras section[E3 demo]. MS should just put all Halo titles on the marketplace for xbox one and call it a day.

This is really good.

I write some music too actually, but I'm poor as dirt and can't afford anything to make my songs sound any good. What program and sound libraries do you use?

Thanks!

I host everything in Acoustica Mixcraft, and over time I have accrued EastWest Symphonic Orchestra Silver (the lightest version), LA Scoring Strings 2.0 Lite, Kontakt 5 and the libraries it comes with, then a ton of free or really cheap synths and smaller libraries. I feel like I'm pretty thrifty with my software.

Ghazi

Done streaming for tonight, played so Halo 3. Had fun, but man does Halo 3's netcode suck. Anyways, look forward to more tomorrow maybe, but it would be early in the day.

Thanks!

I host everything in Acoustica Mixcraft, and over time I have accrued EastWest Symphonic Orchestra Silver (the lightest version), LA Scoring Strings 2.0 Lite, Kontakt 5 and the libraries it comes with, then a ton of free or really cheap synths and smaller libraries. I feel like I'm pretty thrifty with my software.

What do you use for percussion?

What do you use for percussion?

I have 8dio Epic Room Percussion... that was like 20 bucks. I usually combine it with Cinematic Synthetic Drums (free), and percussive sounds from LA Scoring Strings (Basses bartok pizzicato). I also use a lot of the World percussion (taikos, djembes, etc...) that comes with Kontakt. Finally I usually use a cymbal from EWQL Symphonic Orchestra.

Omni

I really like the water shader. Never noticed how... pretty it looked from a distance.

Halo 2 had some great skyboxes though. Another standout that I can think of is the one on the Halo ring where you can see the Library while playing as the Arbiter and in High Charity where you can see the Dreadnought

#RESURRECTED
:eek:

Does that make Speedy, kylej and Ora the Holy Trinity of HaloGAF Second Comings?

v Revivals from permabans, not alts. :lol
*cough*

nillapuddin

In forge it would be great, fantastic, spectacular even, if the middle of the map, was represented numerically by coordinates.

When building symmetrical maps, using a clean number as your center point is very helpful. Never has this been the case with Forge. Not even close.

The gigantic gap between dev maps and forge maps is shown in times like this, where any sense of workflow, consistency and continuity is completely broken.

Plz help us out forge engineers/designers, putting (0,0) in the middle of (Beaver Creek) shouldn't be so damn difficult

*hate myself for loving forge sometimes
all the time

I have 8dio Epic Room Percussion... that was like 20 bucks. I usually combine it with Cinematic Synthetic Drums (free), and percussive sounds from LA Scoring Strings (Basses bartok pizzicato). I also use a lot of the World percussion (taikos, djembes, etc...) that comes with Kontakt. Finally I usually use a cymbal from EWQL Symphonic Orchestra.

I discovered Basses Bartok Pizzicato the other day and it's pretty fun. It sounds Mike Jablonsky-esque.

Quadrilogy, then.

I discovered Basses Bartok Pizzicato the other day and it's pretty fun. It sounds Mike Jablonsky-esque.

Steve* Jablonsky ;)

I quite like Jablonsky, so I'll have to check that out. All I have are a bunch of crappy VST's and I just mix them to hell and back to sound half-way decent.

That's what you've gotta do. You can have surprisingly good results if you put a lot of time into learning a cheap or free instrument really thoroughly.

So how about that Halo, right guys?

AlStrong

The main thing I'd hope for is a new engine like how Fable Anniversary uses UE3. (side note, Painkiller remake used UE3 too, but that's just another example of not building on top of the original engine along with its limitations).

At least with UE3, they'd get LightMass (baked GI) and a fresh starting point for networked co-op. Not having to work within the original animation limitations would be nice too...

It's basically making a new game though (and with some portability options to PC/x86 *cough*).

Just my two cents, but it might be better for the purpose of not splitting user bases if 343i created a playlist for the next Halo title that mimicked the Halo 2 style. Otherwise, I just don't see the point in bringing it back as I don't believe the majority of players will be flocking to an HD remake. *shrug*

On the other hand, recreating in Halo 5 is easier said than done with physics being different among certain other gameplay defining elements.

Though I wouldn't get my hopes up, a reimagining would be neat*, although there are certainly some encounters that could be iterated upon that shouldn't change things drastically. e.g. the scarab boarding sequence, boss fights.

*way back when, I had the idea they could have remade 1-3 under the 343i name as a reimagining from the point of view of an increasingly bored and rampant Cortana post-Halo 3 - a "Cortana Chronicles" of sorts, based on her record of events and stuff John would have reported on. She'd just be trying to hold her thoughts and memories together. Funnily enough, it would have been a convenient excuse to get rid of the Library in CE (since she wasn't present, or rampant Cortana would simply fast forward it in her thoughts) and Arbiter levels (she wasn't there) - something folks can be divided on. :p

Meanwhile 343i could have added/updated gameplay elements while any inaccuracies/differences or missing events would have obvious reasons - not everything has to change, of course.

Oh well.

Omni

If and when Halo 2 Anniversary happens, it shouldn't be touched at all - just like CEA. Adding weapons and making the game easier is an awful idea. The game is flawed, I'll give you that. But that's part of the reason why people love it.

and you've already experienced a lot of those "cool things" that didn't make it into Halo 2. Can you guess where?
Halo 3.

Anybody see that Titanfall footage? I wouldn't mind seeing some of those mobility maneuvers in Halo. Looks hella fun.

I've been watching it for the last 30 minutes. Was just thinking about that, actually... dat double jump would fit right in a Halo game

Rest of the game looks... meh, though. Not really feeling it. Doubt I'll pick it up tbh.
Plus active camo? ew

wwm0nkey

Anybody see that Titanfall footage? I wouldn't mind seeing some of those mobility maneuvers in Halo. Looks hella fun.

Movement is a big thing for Halo and if you put Titanfalls movement in it, it will change the whole game. Which is....you know a thing people are pretty adamant about not happening again.

Let Titanfall be Titanfall, Halo be Halo, Battlefield be Battlefield and CoD be CoD.

If you want to play with Titanfall's movement just buy Titanfall.

Now double jumping and multi directional thrusts would be a good way to advance Halos movements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom