• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

monome

What is this.

PM me if you have to. I'm not getting the book for a few weeks so I can't read about it myself.

no PM needed I bleieve.

In Thursday WAR :

343 GS² takes control of a UNSC ship,post Halo 3, and goes looking for a certain Forerunner lady

In Mortal DICTATA :

it'sfuckingnothing.gif

Gui_PT

I'm okay with this.

No I'm not. :( hey better than being perma-banned because they think I'm a shill. So ehh...

Only part about being tagged like this I don't like is it's going to completely ruin any argument I try to have now, if some users decide to just quote my tag in my response, which I have seen people do now.

Let's be honest here. That tag doesn't really change anything.

monome

Well that save's me buying it thanks :).
Who commit's suicide?

scientist who contributed to Spartan II program feels he was not a worthy human because of it. his conscience will become an AI that will assist SII to atone for his crimes...and help protect them. He's pretty much the anti Chaka in that he chooses to become an AI to atone and kills himself, whereas Chaka is chosen to survive tho he didn't want to die nor be immortal.
MORTAL DICTATA is a UNSC act to prevent humans to commit child abductions/manipulations, for example, even under extreme circumstances. aka the end doesn't justify the means. aka halsey bad bitch. aka there should be no SII. aka there should be no Halo games. aka fuck you 343i

Nebula

Nebula... that story is fantastic.

I was going through my films and this one caught my eye because Settler is pretty bad and I was wondering what I could have done that warranted me not only saving it, but having it on my fileshare as well.

Glad I could entertain you.

Mistel

Banned
scientist who contributed to Spartan II program feels he was not a worthy human because of it. his conscience will become an AI that will assist SII to atone for his crimes...and help protect them. He's pretty much the anti Chaka in that he chooses to become an AI to atone and kills himself, whereas Chaka is chosen to survive tho he didn't want to die nor be immortal.
MORTAL DICTATA is a UNSC act to prevent humans to commit child abductions/manipulations, for example, even under extreme circumstances. aka the end doesn't justify the means. aka halsey bad bitch. aka there should be no SII. aka there should be no Halo games. aka fuck you 343i
Well I agree with your sentiment this doesn't bode well at all. Who let's these books go through? As clearly they have far reaching ramifications to the whole story.

I see #15 Hire Juices. Thats a smart dude.

You know we were so excited when we got Bravo. Now hes fucking tweeting about action sack updates and how great it is. ACTION SACK. ACTION SACK. ACTION FUCKING SACK. SACK OF FUCKING ACTION.

You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

You know we were so excited when we got Bravo. Now hes fucking tweeting about action sack updates and how great it is. ACTION SACK. ACTION SACK. ACTION FUCKING SACK. SACK OF FUCKING ACTION.

You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

meanwhile at 343: Ordnance gud. BR gud. Action Sack gud. we hed clessic Halol but Scrapped it. Infinity Gud.

monome

monome tends to.. overreact on most issues.

well. it's a bizarre turn of events to push the lore in a masochistic direction.

it probably helps building an antagonizing relationship between the Chief and the UNSC/ONI. which is not the interesting story in the Halo Universe but the cheaper to "produce", and the COD bullshit politics one.
Bear elevated the tech, the concepts of Forerunners -> probably over what 343i is capable of doing in-game

Juicy, you always make me laugh, in a good way. Not in a bad way, like SBD.

Omni

Fuck it. I'm not waiting two weeks for a digital version just because I live in a different country. I'm reading these spoilers
This just sounds awful. I don't even know what to say other than I'm not paying $15 for that. It's just... egh. I can't

Deputy Moonman's 2014 keys to Halo 5's success:

1. AA's removed
2. Random Ordnance removed - actually, ordnance removed entirely
3. Power Ups return as static pickups (a la Halo 1 - 3)
4. Visual Ranks return - what's the point of competing if you have no idea where you stand as a competitor? The desire to get better does in fact keep people coming back)
5. Halo 2 style assault/flag games return
6. Influx of arena style maps + BTB maps better suited for objective and slayer
7. Clans return
8. Certain Affinity stops making bad maps
9. No ADS weapons
10. Lose the AR fetish
11. The ability to toss grenades like superman returns
12. Enough with the vehicles of mass destruction - Tank, Mantis, Banshee are a little too obnoxious
13. Flinching = bad / Descoping = good
14. Good strafing mechanics return
15. Hire Juices

I agree with most of this list but the only ones I see happening are 2 and 4.

monome

That was Primordium, not the Thursday War.

damn, it's true.

wasted 9€... there wasn't any post-Kilo5 story beat? damn...

Fuck it. I'm not waiting two weeks for this shit just because I live in a different country. I'm reading these spoilers

This just sounds awful. I don't even know what to say other than I'm not paying $15 for that. It's just... egh. I can't

to be clear it's the epilogue. I have no idea what happens in the book. but the epilogue is clearly a cynic/funny/bizarre recap on the "moralization" happening through the book.

Fuchsdh

Welp, if there was ever a prime defense of why you need descope or flinch, Bioshock 2's multiplayer is it. Any high level player with a freeze/shock plasmid and speargun instantly wins any engagement even if you get the drop on them. :(

Omni

to be clear it's the epilogue. I have no idea what happens in the book. but the epilogue is clearly a cynic/funny/bizarre recap on the "moralization" happening through the book.

Mmm. Maybe it's worth a read just to conclude the trilogy...

I just don't like waiting... haha. I made a new Amazon account, downloaded the kindle app on iPad, made up a fake address and set my country to the US so it would give me the option to buy the book... BUT of course my Mastercard isn't working for some reason.

ZNvlLwr.gif

monome

Your missing egghead's are bad from that list :p/

Halo as envisioned by Sats, now that would be either very interesting or incredibly dirty.

interesting and Halo's lore don't match well these days...

I'm highly skeptical the series can take itself seriously. which it is very much doing, much to my liking at first, but these days it feels like a Greek Tragedy played by highschool students.

wow
such sadness.
tears Chief.
love wow.
such space
such lonely
wow
mum loves me
or not
wow maybe

monome

Mmm. Maybe it's worth a read just to conclude the trilogy...

I just don't like waiting... haha. I made a new Amazon account, downloaded the kindle app on iPad, made up a fake address and set my country to the US so it would give me the option to buy the book... BUT of course my Mastercard isn't working for some reason.

ZNvlLwr.gif

Ancillary Justice is a good book. pleaze support good books written by fun female sci-fi writers.

Welp, if there was ever a prime defense of why you need descope or flinch, Bioshock 2's multiplayer is it. Any high level player with a freeze/shock plasmid and speargun instantly wins any engagement even if you get the drop on them. :(

Officially in BS circles known as box spammers. I should know, because I am one.

It is THE loadout option. It destroys everything easily apart from big daddys. I feel sorry for all the lower level players...as I'm shooting them in the face.

If you like it, just stick with it.

Fuchsdh

Officially in BS circles known as box spammers. I should know, because I am one.

It is THE loadout option. It destroys everything easily apart from big daddys. I feel sorry for all the lower level players...as I'm shooting them in the face.

Eh it's a decent multi but I think ultimately the environments don't feel like they work that well for PvP (and despite having been specifically tailored for that reason.) and yeah I dunno if it's just low population, but rank 5s getting matched with 50s sucks.

Going to grind through it for the achievements at least. Didn't see what all the fuss was about with Minerva's Den.

Gordon

Anybody interested in the Project Spark beta? I have a spare key.
M1PN4-ONPO3-7N4L0-51PL8-73830

I'm hoping somebody can put together a decent FPS game with it, but I don't know if it's possible. Runs like a potato on my PC so I can't really tell.

On a related note, I dunno if weapons were ever "tiered" competitively but the Freeze Ray + Hatchet combo in the Gotham City Impostors beta was too good to pass up.

So they kinda want to erase bungie creations lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom