• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chettlar

Banned
thats pretty much what i want. i mean shit, the content is already on our hard drives. all the internet is for is the CGI cutscene things.

Why can't they just let us download the CGI cutscenes too? Or perhaps, maybe just require an internet connection for those instead of the actual gameplay?

Why can't we just download each season as a DLC pack and play it offline?

Murder Miners still not greenlit... I crazy how apparently they were in the top 100 4 months ago and still keep falling out of it. You guys should vote for it if you haven't already.

Oh my goodness I would vote for this so hard! I have a steam account (ID: "Chettlar" just like my username), but since I don't actually have any games attached to it, I can't vote. :( It just has to be a single game attached to my account.

#thestruggle

And yes this is me begging for somebody to gift me a random cheap game, because you guys are soooo nice like that. :)

Yea I did download and do the dojo and a few matches. It was boresauce. Fighting games are just the worst. Why would I buy anymore when they perfected the genre back during the SNES with SFiiTurbo

With people online? It's ranking system is just like Halo 2's and all the matches are crazy intense for me lol.

Madness

Yea I did download and do the dojo and a few matches. It was boresauce. Fighting games are just the worst. Why would I buy anymore when they perfected the genre back during the SNES with SFiiTurbo

pzK1aw2.jpg

Ghazi

God, I just want them to come out with the OST so I can buy it up, the music is pretty damn good. I want CDs of it too, and I usually just buy everything off iTunes.
I want an Xbone literally just for this game so bad, and Halo 5.
:( you make me sad.
Just like it? It goes up to 50? I know you can get demoted which surprised me since most have the crappy rank systems where you can only go up ala COD.
Most modern fighting games have this ranking system. If they haven't seen it yet, they don't care.

Gui_PT

I don't want to post in those other stupid threads about the whole Microsoft thing, so I'll ask this here. Honest question:

How is Microsoft paying people to make promotional videos any different than just regular marketing? How is it bad? Isn't that how marketing works? A marketing firm (or department within a company) gets paid to present the product and talk it up. It seems totally logical to me.

Now if the contract was like, "We'll pay you if you say negative things about Sony" then I can understand why people would be so upset.

Long video but watch it

Mistel

Banned
I assume several people are also holding out for halo 5 before even getting a xbone. I know I am. (and a price drop wouldn't hurt / external hard drive support).

I assume several people are also holding out for halo 5 before even getting a xbone. I know I am. (and a price drop wouldn't hurt / external hard drive support).

I'm waiting to see what the multiplayer is like. If it's classic Halo I'll go Xbox One, if not, I'll likely go PS4 for Uncharted, Infamous, and whatever game SSM is making. I've gone back and forth, but none of the other Xbox One exclusives are enough to get me to buy the $500 system if the new Halo isn't good.

m23

Max: Curse of Brotherhood is awesome, buy it if you have Xbox One. Not a very challenging game but something you can just sit back and play.

God, I just want them to come out with the OST so I can buy it up, the music is pretty damn good. I want CDs of it too, and I usually just buy everything off iTunes.

I want an Xbone literally just for this game so bad, and Halo 5.

:( you make me sad.

Most modern fighting games have this ranking system. If they haven't seen it yet, they don't care.

Interesting, i havent played much since i was an old KI fan but do enjoy some just never noticed. Shooters needs this,they used to have it this way too.

wwm0nkey

Murder Miners still not greenlit... I crazy how apparently they were in the top 100 4 months ago and still keep falling out of it. You guys should vote for it if you haven't already.
Because while I like J Force they have an absolutely AWFUL habit of little community interaction and advertising.

Tiny news updates here and there and a green light trailer would help a lot but their last update on their blog was for update 15 which was just a video that the Hub guys made :/

I'm waiting to see what the multiplayer is like. If it's classic Halo I'll go Xbox One, if not, I'll likely go PS4 for Uncharted, Infamous, and whatever game SSM is making. I've gone back and forth, but none of the other Xbox One exclusives are enough to get me to buy the $500 system if the new Halo isn't good.

Gears_of_War_logo.PNG

Yeah but who knows when or if we'll get another game. Epic is kind of a mess right now, and the two projects they are working aren't Gears. Another PCF Gears wouldn't excite me after Judgment. Phil Spencer didn't sound too optimistic about another Gears in that IGN podcast a while back either.

Madness

After Judgment and the fact so many key guys left Epic, I think that series just cannot recover. And even then, Gears was never a Microsoft only property, would be foolish of them to stay Microsoft exclusive at a time when multiplatforms are making a killing and that Sony has the early and somewhat large lead in owners.

Yeah but who knows when or if we'll get another game. Epic is kind of a mess right now, and the two projects they are working aren't Gears. Another PCF Gears wouldn't excite me after Judgment. Phil Spencer didn't sound too optimistic about another Gears in that IGN podcast a while back either.

It will come eventually, a franchise of that caliber wont be away forever. PCF did the spinoff but i dont think they will do the proper release.

After Judgment and the fact so many key guys left Epic, I think that series just cannot recover. And even then, Gears was never a Microsoft only property, would be foolish of them to stay Microsoft exclusive at a time when multiplatforms are making a killing and that Sony has the early and somewhat large lead in owners.

MS will lock it, unlike sony they make sure of it. Sony let go of FF,Metal Gear,etc. Even now TitanFall is not on PS at least for a while.

Being an early adopter is such a hard life I guess.

Heavies should be obtainable without needing a genie's lamp, that's for sure, but it's essentially still in "we just introduced it, so it's weight is really high" mode, like when gametypes/maps usually get introduced. Halo 3 has similar issues with matchmaking, where Mythic 2 is extremely weighted in certain playlists.

edit: and Blastacular in Halo 2 after it stopped being updated, so I guess we can just officially call this a tradition now.

Yeah, I don't know what exactly makes it so hard to update playlists, but whatever it is I hope they invest in making the tools better this time around. It seems a little ridiculous how little support older Halo games get post new game launch.

Yep... I have an okay PC again so I can hold out for a while.

Chettlar

Banned
I keep trying to open Project Spark, but every time I do, it gets to the main menu, and then displays this message:

"Sorry, we can't sign you in. Try signing in at Xbox.com, then start his app again. A connection to Xbox Live is required to authorize this PC to participate in the Project Spark Beta."

:(((((((((((

I've tried reinstalling, signing into Xbox Live with both the IE metro and desktop apps, before, during, and after opening Project Spark, and no go.

Only thing I haven't tried is opening it as administrator, but I have no idea how to do that in 8.1 (it was easy in 8, since you just right click and app and click "run as administrator." Now that option is missing in 8.1, and Google and Bing are both no help).

Assistance anybody?

wwm0nkey

So Killzone is still getting free maps via DLC and now will also be getting clan support.

This is all before the DLC expansion pack.

Can other devs PLEASE follow these guys in Digital Content distribution?

So Killzone is still getting free maps via DLC and now will also be getting clan support.

This is all before the DLC expansion pack.

Can other devs PLEASE follow these guys in Digital Content distribution?

To be fair they have to give it free since that game never has a lasting community. I loved KZ 2 and even that didn't last.

wwm0nkey

To be fair they have to give it free since that game never has a lasting community. I loved KZ 2 and even that didn't last.

......and?

Free maps to stop fragmenting the community and adding features BEFORE making paid expansion packs is a bad thing for other games with a population how? Devs will still make that DLC money off of the expansion but make people happy at the same time with a few new maps and features getting added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom