• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo 5 and CEA did nothing for me. They both left me with negative feelings, really.

To be fair Halo 5 trailer is basically not even one. Phil Spencer said it himself none of it has to do with the game and it was just to let people know Halo is coming to xbox one officially. I expect a proper trailer with the official name of the game.

Mistel

Banned
Although it does remain strange that Kat is killed with one shot with what seems to me like a needle rifle shot. Which shouldn't even have penetrated her shields in a single shot.
That field marshal needs to come back, so they can deal with Palmer. A single needle did seem iffy, but a super combine would have been a bit graphic.

Caayn

Halo 5 and CEA did nothing for me. They both left me with negative feelings, really.
Halo 5 technically didn't have a teaser trailer yet. I think if it had different music I would've liked it more. This fan-made version of that teaser already feels better to me.
That field marshal needs to come back, so they can deal with Palmer. A single needle did seem iffy, but a super combine would have been a bit graphic.
One vote for!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair Halo 5 trailer is basically not even one. Phil Spencer said it himself none of it has to do with the game and it was just to let people know Halo is coming to xbox one officially. I expect a proper trailer with the official name of the game.
We know for a fact the teaser wasn't totally meaningless. After it was shown, Frank was on here saying things like [paraphrasing] "Chief is wearing the cloak for a reason." The cloak, Chief looking roughed up, and the giant Forerunner thingie were all shown for a reason. How directly all of those things correlate to the final game remains to be seen.

Halo 5 technically didn't have a teaser trailer yet.
I mean, whatever. I'm calling it Halo 5 until 343 announces a new official name.

With all the stuff 343 changes or adds without much explanation, I think it could be possible for Jorge to still be alive with something like "slipspace" as the reason.

With all the stuff 343 changes or adds without much explanation, I think it could be possible for Jorge to still be alive with something like "slipspace" as the reason.
I could actually see this happening.
Relax, I was pointing to the same thing Syphon Filter was talking about. The interview with Phill Spencers. Let's not start a game of semantics here ;)

If the name of the new game is Halo 5, you all owe me 50 units of the currency of your choosing.

inb4 yen.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Relax, I was pointing to the same thing Syphon Filter was talking about. The interview with Phill Spencers. Let's not start a game of semantics here ;)
But why would people from 343 tease and hint at the meaning of the trailer if it was meaningless?

But why would people from 343 tease and hint at the meaning of the trailer if it was meaningless?

>>Asking in 2014 why 343 makes a decision they make.

Why was Camo an AA in Halo 4 after the rather universal hate it received in Reach? Wasn't it obviously terrible for gameplay? Why did they market the crap out of Spartan Ops like it was this huge deal? That "why" can be asked for a lot of things within this franchise lol

Caayn

The way I see it:
The teaser is exactly as Phill Spencer said, it's just to show us that Halo is coming to the Xbox One. But if we look at it from the other side, it's very plausible that 343i had put some "easter eggs"/hints in it. Very subtle hints while still having the option to not use anything from that hint because the teaser isn't officially meant to be a teaser for a Halo game.
Silly you Jorge isn't a Spartan IV.

Mistel

Banned
Good choice.
Lolita had so much to write about, so it was great. My literature teacher thought it was a bit too adult oriented though.

Do it at least Jorge is likable, get rid of Palmer and the S4's for the same process as well. (aesthetic redesigns as well)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The way I see it:
The teaser is exactly as Phill Spencer said, it's just to show us that Halo is coming to the Xbox One. But if we look at it from the other side, it's very plausible that 343i had put some "easter eggs"/hints in it. Very subtle hints while still having the option to not use anything from that hint because the teaser isn't officially meant to be a teaser for a Halo game.
Yeah, that makes sense. I guess 98% of people won't know or care if there are inconsistencies between the reveal and the final game.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Some people seem to think a jackel killed Kat. The monks need to make a return.

I don't think I get that scene at the beginning, it's been too long since I played the game. So highest level military officers are being led off the planet by spartans, so they come to the conclusion that the planet is lost?

Mistel

Banned
I don't think I get that scene at the beginning, it's been too long since I played the game. So highest level military officers are being led off the planet by spartans, so they come to the conclusion that the planet is lost?
I think the fact the ending was known by everyone, kinda made such an event inevitable.

That's not to say it couldn't have been done better, wasn't full scale ground invasion and some glassing, happening at the same time?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
In lieu of Halo news

BeknwTBCIAAf7_P.png:large

It doesn't have to be like this Frank

Does that fetus even lift?

Chettlar

Banned
I started with youtube because I didn't know soundcloud existed. People found my music pretty quick and I'm up to 290 or so subscribers now. I have a soundcloud, but I don't feel like anything ever happens with it. Youtube's just a bigger audience I think, and I have gotten numerous messages from people on youtube saying "Can I use X song in my Y video?". With that and people linking back to eachothers channels with annotations, it serves as a pretty good network.

And if you don't care at ALL about views, youtube still works just fine for that...

Youtube allows better exposure, but Soundcloud obviously has better Audio quality, and better tools for those who know what they're doing.

Soundcloud for short term, Bandcamp for long term, Youtube for advertising. Soundcloud's a good place for quick and dirty uploads of all shapes and sizes (like my shitty halo covers), while Bandcamp's better for albums with a more concrete vision in mind (like my upcoming Livechamber suites or Jellycrackers' collections), while also having the capacity to be profitable. For musicians, Youtube's good for music videos, preview snippets, partnership announcements, etc.

Soundcloud's also versatile enough to work on anything from a smartphone to a barngate potato.

Also sudd looks like the kind of guy to brag about jizzing in your Subway sandwich on Instagram and gets fired because of it, jesus

Thanks a ton for the replies. I think I might just try both. Only issues I have is naming a lot of my stuff, since I don't usually have a name in mind when I write, and many things I write are in this constant state of evolution, so sometimes I'm hesitant to put something out.

I hadn't thought about Bandcamp. I may try that down the road. I really don't have a whole lot of tools to produce my stuff, so it'll go slow, but thanks for the advice about that anyway.

Thanks guys! :)

God.. I really really hope 343 fixes those audio issues (for Halo 5) with the soundtracks not loud enough with each cut scenes in Halo 4. That took the feeling away for my playthrough experiences.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
God.. I really really hope 343 fixes those audio issues (for Halo 5) with the soundtracks not loud enough with each cut scenes in Halo 4. That took the feeling away for my playthrough experiences.
There really needs to be SFX / music / voice volume sliders. I'd love to try playing a Halo campaign with no music just to see how it feels.

by that Logic, forge could still be alive.

That guy reminds me of the one with that face, Benedict something. The one fiction likes.

You're from the UK... (
i think
). You should know the overrated actors. like Robert Sheehan (who i like a lot) and Benedict Cumberbatch

nillapuddin

Regardless if its halo 5 or whatever, the E3 teaser was good imo because it had that level of mystery and fantasy that I like in Halo. I was totally off guard. Just like the H4 reveal (but not as good)

At first I was like
"okay, interesting desert thing"
then I was like
"whoa, weird gravity rocks"
Den I was like
"gauntlet. Gauntlet!"
My gf face when
(da fuq)
The cloak blows off
(single tear rolls down my cheek.)

... chief

Now we just need to recapture that level of awe in the actual game...

Regardless if its halo 5 or whatever, the E3 teaser was good imo because it had that level of mystery and fantasy that I like in Halo. I was totally off guard. Just like the H4 reveal (but not as good)

At first I was like
then I was like
Den I was like
"gauntlet. Gauntlet!"
My gf face when
(da fuq)
The cloak blows off

... chief

tumblr_lrh3uztCps1qhvrkho1_500.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

At first I was like
then I was like
Den I was like
"gauntlet. Gauntlet!"
My gf face when
(da fuq)
The cloak blows off

... chief

Hahaha, yeah, I can't deny I felt similarly. The cloak kinda ruined it for me, though. The thought of a seven foot tall super soldier trying to hide his appearance with a tattered piece of cloth just seems silly to me. I guess it's also because it's an aesthetic that's never been in the Halo series before, and I don't think it fits well. But oh well, ultimately it's a minor thing.

At first I was like
then I was like
Den I was like
"gauntlet. Gauntlet!"
My gf face when
(da fuq)
The cloak blows off

... chief

lik dis if u cry evertim

nillapuddin

Hahaha, yeah, I can't deny I felt similarly. The cloak kinda ruined it for me, though. The thought of a seven foot tall super soldier trying to hide his appearance with a tattered piece of cloth just seems silly to me. I guess it's also because it's an aesthetic that's never been in the Halo series before, and I don't think it fits well. But oh well, ultimately it's a minor thing.

Cause it is
*shrug*

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Cause it is
*shrug*
Yeah. The thought of Chief having to resort to using a cloak to obscure his appearance is kind of cool, too, though. It implies a desperation. Like, he doesn't have access to or isn't able to use active camo, so he has to use an actual cloak. But where did he get it from? Bought it online? I wonder what he was doing for those 2 to 7 business days.

I dunno but Bungie failed to recreate their trailers into their games, In Halo 4 I was the expecting the "I wont allow you to leave this planet!!!" from the Halo 4 trailer but it was so dull and simple in the actual game.

Yeah, I dunno.. maybe his armor is broken? I'm sure there is a least a moderately decent reason for it, haha.

Madness

I dunno but Bungie failed to recreate their trailers into their games, In Halo 4 I was the expecting the "I wont allow you to leave this planet!!!" from the Halo 4 trailer but it was so dull and simple in the actual game.

Halo 4, aside from the feelings of the first two levels was bad. I was expecting isolation, frustration, and Chief not knowing what to do. 5 years drifting with his 'friend/companion' rampant, millions of miles away in some far off forerunner planet etc. Releases didact thinking it'll save cortana, librarian helps him. Didn't want the infinity there at all. The entire infinity/composer/requiem Jul M'Dama stuff should have happened after Chief stopped Didact etc.

Let's see what they do with Halo 5. That said, the Halo 3 trailers were god tier in terms of hype. I literally couldn't sleep the day or two before Halo 3 launch.

Chettlar

Banned
I've got a slight hunch, but it's not a very strong one. I mean, it could be an armor difficulty, but Frankie said that he is deliberately trying to hide his identity. I don't think he's trying to hide from anybody like the Didact or his minion dudes. Or even the UNSC. Idk, I'm wondering if it's something more pedestrian. Like, when he's walking through cities or something, he doesn't want people to notice his armor.

Of course then there's the issue of his helmet, but then again, even if he takes it off in public so that everybody thinks he's just a dude in a cloak, obviously it makes sense to wear it in the desert to keep sand out of his eyes. Idk.

God I want to know already.

I'm expecting Metroid and Chief lost the majority of his suit components or they got too damaged to be worth carrying around. He keeps the helmet on for intel purposes like HUD relays because it can at least still hook up to his neural interface. If Chief was wearing his gargantuan 4-era armor, there's no way he'd have that pedestrian of a silhouette in a cloak. He'd look like a hunchback thanks to all the torso plating.

Computer

Halo 4, aside from the feelings of the first two levels was bad. I was expecting isolation, frustration, and Chief not knowing what to do. 5 years drifting with his 'friend/companion' rampant, millions of miles away in some far off forerunner planet etc. Releases didact thinking it'll save cortana, librarian helps him. Didn't want the infinity there at all. The entire infinity/composer/requiem Jul M'Dama stuff should have happened after Chief stopped Didact etc.

Let's see what they do with Halo 5. That said, the Halo 3 trailers were god tier in terms of hype. I literally couldn't sleep the day or two before Halo 3 launch.

The first level in Halo 4 should have been pure exploration and wonder. Like you said he drifted into space for 5 years. He wakes up and goes right back to shooting shit. The pace was just a bit off.
Then again you cant explore anything in Halo 4. One of the most disappointing things for me was how average Requiem looked in most areas. I was expecting the planet to look much more alien. All we got was rocks.

Halo 5 should be open world. Halo really is the perfect game and setting for huge open world environments. I am surprised it has not happened yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom