• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

The first level in Halo 4 should have been pure exploration and wonder. Like you said he drifted into space for 5 years. He wakes up and goes right back to shooting shit. The pace was just a bit off.
Then again you cant explore anything in Halo 4. One of the most disappointing things for me was how average Requiem looked in most areas. I was expecting the planet to look much more alien. All we got was rocks.

Well, you have to start shooting things up quickly in the beginning if only to set the tone and gameplay expectations.

I think we all agree that past that point, a longer portion of exploration would have been great. If you just gave us some of those valleys to explore without much in the way of Covenant attack or better yet have us drive down to that awesome Requiem floaty installation thing when we first get the Hog then drive up again.

I'm sure we're on the minority portion of "I'm just driving around and people area talking, this is boring" to "awesome ambience" curve.

Speaking of which, while my feelings sort of shift around over time, I ultimately think the things they definitely got right in the first portion of the game were the Infinity teases (though yes, optimally I wish we had essentially another mission's worth of time before it all came to a head), and especially the leadup right to the Didact's release. It's an awesome moment to me because as diehard fans we knew what the "ancient evil" was going to be (whether or not we should have is another question) but unless you're looking really hard for it on Forerunner, you don't actually know what's about to go down until you make that final teleport and the Cryptum is right smack in your face and the music cue kicks in.

My first thought: "Cortana, we've made a big mistake."

I dunno but Bungie failed to recreate their trailers into their games, In Halo 4 I was the expecting the "I wont allow you to leave this planet!!!" from the Halo 4 trailer but it was so dull and simple in the actual game.

I have to disagree with the latter part of this, she was pissed and thanks to the facial/mocap we got to see that pretty well. The audio effects in that section were spot on for that emotion as was the colour change and energy wave burst. It was then followed up by Del Rio trying to decommission her which gave weight to the scene and her actions...leading to Chief disobeying orders. One of the best sequences in all Halo games IMO and far better portrayal of emotion than previous Halo games/scenes. I didn't find it dull at all and Cortana knew to pull her head in quickly too.

The first level in Halo 4 should have been pure exploration and wonder. Like you said he drifted into space for 5 years. He wakes up and goes right back to shooting shit. The pace was just a bit off.
Then again you cant explore anything in Halo 4. One of the most disappointing things for me was how average Requiem looked in most areas. I was expecting the planet to look much more alien. All we got was rocks.

First level felt like a throwback to CE for me, you started shooting shit right away there too, same as Halo 2 as well. I do agree some more exploration stuff would be great, hello ACIV open world :)
couldn't help myself

I totally agree about Requiem, it's like pre-release they advertised all this inner and outer shell multi-environment stuff. I posted a fair amount about some environments and potential new gameplay/missions we might get from that etc. I thought the place was really well fleshed out and all these Forerunner machines plus the feeling of it was great, as was the art style for me.

However, the exploration of Requiem was not there. It just didn't feel like that sense of wonder from CE, it was more here's where you're going, get there, push this and move on. Sure CE was on the rails for the most part too but it felt like you were exploring more. I think that part was missed as the jump to Infinity being part of the story was quite early in the mission count. Now Requiem is gone but we do have the Janus Key, I just hope more exploration and wonder is on the cards for say half the game instead of a third or quarter only.

Madness

Speedy.....just abandon that Tomb Raider thread. That tag is definitely not doing you any favours lol.

Yeah holy shit I was just about to post here that it's best if you stopped posting in any Xbox One related threads for a long time.

Like its ridiculous when juniors and randoms are saying things like stop shilling, why aren't you banned, 'another $3 for Speedy' and other things. If anything, if I was MS I'd pay you to stop riling up the Sony fans.

Edit: I mean it respectfully, your comments are falling on deaf ears and only make you look bad in the end, no point.

FUCK J-I-P. any time it drops me into a half done game...

am i the only one that doesn't give a shit about MS or EA doing whatever they did?

and im never gonna jump on the "make fun of speedy because reasons" train.

Yeah holy shit I was just about to post here that it's best if you stopped posting in any Xbox One related threads for a long time.

Like its ridiculous when juniors and randoms are saying things like stop shilling, why aren't you banned, 'another $3 for Speedy' and other things. If anything, if I was MS I'd pay you to stop riling up the Sony fans.

Edit: I mean it respectfully, your comments are falling on deaf ears and only make you look bad in the end, no point.

Yeah... I'm just letting it go. Only comment I was annoyed by was Amirox's

Did you see his tag? He was caught flatfooted in the other thread being a confirmed Microsoft shill. These aren't his genuine opinions bro. He has to say these things. :)

It's just bothersome to be accused of being paid because I'm rather optimistic and try to share my opinions on a gaming site, which

NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderation.

I even stated the facts in order to please people, I'm aware the Powergap is a thing, and the Xbox One is getting the inferior version, and will continue to get the inferior versions because Microsoft messed up by launching Underpowered (compared to Sony) hardware. I just tried to clarify why I have the preference I do for getting this title on Xbox One, and people just keep mocking. I'm just not going to continue with that thread, and let it go same way I let the last thread go, because

A lot of people see a thread that's positive about something they don't like or negative about something they do, and they take it upon themselves to "counter".Don't do this. Even if a thread starts out with a poster expressing a critical opinion, there's still space to disagree within the thread. It's more likely that if you try to make a new thread to counter it, you're going to come off like you're pushing an agenda and it's not really going to be productive or lead to good discussion.

Ack, I shouldn't even let anything on the Internet get to me like this, anyways.

Ora

Banned
For how much shit you get Speedy, you do a surprisingly good job of keeping your head on straight and keeping cool. Well done.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
For how much shit you get Speedy, you do a surprisingly good job of keeping your head on straight and keeping cool. Well done.

Well, I imagine if you're socially awkward enough for it to come across on the internet, real life probably prepares you for a lot.

You're such a hipster when it comes to gaffers.

Well, I imagine if you're socially awkward enough for it to come across on the internet, real life probably prepares you for a lot.

:lol

I'm just as capricious, but nowhere near as insane in real life.

Hahaha god damn. Nah. I'm serious when I say I don't let Internet Stuff bother me. No reason/need for it. If I ever let it get to me and anger me/sadden me/whatever, I usually just turn off my monitor and go outside with friends or something.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Hahaha god damn. Nah. I'm serious when I say I don't let Internet Stuff bother me. No reason/need for it. If I ever let it get to me and anger me/sadden me/whatever, I usually just turn off my monitor and go outside with friends or something.

I guess I'd say the same if I were under contract.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That Tomb Raider thread, wow. All I say is this:

It sucks that the XB1 is so underpowered compared to the PS4, but really, most people won't notice or care. Consoles have beat their more powerful rivals several times in the past. The XB1 being less powerful will result in 30,000 less sales at the very most.
And I get multiple people trying to twist my words into some console wars shit. Six months ago I said I can't wait for the new consoles to launch and for the console wars garbage to die down -- how naively optimistic.

Nebula

#HireSpeedy

Also I've been playing more ME3 and I would really love to see something similar in Halo 5/on Xbox One. Like different enemies to fight in different locations.

Firefight is decent but there's nothing to it after a couple of games of it. I'd love to see some progression separate from the Player vs Player and campaign. We have tons of different environments for this and plenty of races/factions you can fight against.

Also I'd like to see weapon progression in the way of weapon leveling and even attachments. I think that could work in a player vs enemy game mode. Gives you something to work toward other than character level.

Spartan 2s, 3s, 4s and ODSTs and Elites could be playable characters. They don't need names or anything as they would be fully customizable characters named by you.

Karl2177

Just a bit of a teaser.

7FJyma5.png

#HireSpeedy

Also I've been playing more ME3 and I would really love to see something similar in Halo 5/on Xbox One. Like different enemies to fight in different locations.

Firefight is decent but there's nothing to it after a couple of games of it. I'd love to see some progression separate from the Player vs Player and campaign. We have tons of different environments for this and plenty of races/factions you can fight against.

Also I'd like to see weapon progression in the way of weapon leveling and even attachments. I think that could work in a player vs enemy game mode. Gives you something to work toward other than character level.

Spartan 2s, 3s, 4s and ODSTs and Elites could be playable characters. They don't need names or anything as they would be fully customizable characters named by you.

Bad thing is that 343 would add the weapon attachments and shit into normal MP

I'd love to give it to my friend so we can play the Co-Op together. :) He just recently got his Xbox One, and doesn't have any games aside from Battlefield 4 and Lego Marvel to play, I think. He definetly doesn't have Spartan Assault, or any other Digital Only title. Can't afford them right now.

If homeboyd doesn't want it or doesn't claim it in 15 mins I'll PM it over for you.

EDIT: Nice one, no I don't have a spare, try hitting up speedy though :)

PM sent Speedy, all yours mate. Any problems let me know.

Omni

So I'm playing Halo 2 with my semi-new wired controller and... wow. 60fps is amazing. I honestly didn't notice much difference between 60fps and 30fps before while using mouse and keyboard, but now with the controller it's great. Everything is so smooth. Makes me excited for Halo 5.

Anyway. Is there a way to break out of the level and take a picture of this without all the obstructions?

Mistel

Banned
You're from the UK... (
i think
). You should know the overrated actors. like Robert Sheehan (who i like a lot) and Benedict Cumberbatch
I had no idea who the other guy was so I had to Google him , I don't really watch that much TV. Unless it's like documentary or something I find interesting.

Absolutely, lol. But it's hard to imagine that a lot of the problems wouldn't be fixed with a remake. CE is still my favorite halo game, though. I'd definitely take the multiplayer from CE and any issues people had with it.
I like you. Yeah it would make sense if H2A was released with a multiplayer component, issues were fixed for it.

Speedy could have used gangster mod against Amirox.

IHaveIce

Banned
The only stuff they have to change for H2As MM is to make it harder for haclers to get onaybe reduce the crazy amount of Auto Aim on the BR and reduce SMG starts.

I'm ok with button glitches and superbouncing

Mistel

Banned
H2A with all button combos, super bounces and map breakouts fixed would just result in community backlash though.
Button combos and super bouncing are probably fine to keep, map breakouts probably not. Couldn't make more backlash than 4 did.

Gui_PT

So I'm playing Halo 2 with my semi-new wired controller and... wow. 60fps is amazing. I honestly didn't notice much difference between 60fps and 30fps before while using mouse and keyboard, but now with the controller it's great. Everything is so smooth. Makes me excited for Halo 5.

Anyway. Is there a way to break out of the level and take a picture of this without all the obstructions?

Some guy called NokesYard or something has a video on it

https://archive.org/details/NOKYARDpresents_Halo2SkeetLaunchingInQuarantineZone_by_JeffreyFischer

So I got kind of bored today and decided I was going to try and speedrun some Halo 3. (never done a speedrun in my entire life) So I was watching some videos of Sierra 117 on Normal and decided to give it a shot. A few hours pass and I still hadn't managed to get a decent run in, but I was kind of addicted at that point. In the end I managed a 6:13. Kind of lucked it with the flare from the brute at the end. Was the first time I had gotten a flare and i didn't have to resort to using the hammer which was nice.

Anyway here is the vid is anyone wants to have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceAwDiye7eI&feature=youtu.be

Also couldn't find a faster recorded time so WR...maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom