• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula

Ok I have some clips but I do have to know which fileformat you are able to edit, right now they are .ts

Mine are .m2ts but I can run them through arcsoft showbiz and get them to .avi.

If anything comes up whilst I'm on reach, I'll save it. Why are there still full teams of inheritors people in BTB?

Faster search times and they get to stomp randoms. Same happens on Halo 3 only it's 45s-50s.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Yeah, I certainly wouldn't buy a console for Titanfall alone. I wasn't particularly excited beforehand, but from what I've seen from the Alpha, I don't think that it's going to be as big as people are expecting it to be

I'm still frustrated at the damn release date for Mortal Dictata. It's bullshit. Why is a digital version releasing two weeks after just because I live in Australia? Greg Bear's books came out on release... why is this different?

and companies wonder why people resort to torrenting (that's not implying that I am, because I do plan to buy on release. But I know for a fact that you could just download it right now)

Make a US Amazon account and use and purchase books digitally via the Kindle shop (and read via the Kindle app on any of your devices/PC).

I do that, and it's handy, I get all my books based on the US release whilst being in the UK - no need to wait for stupid UK pushed back release dates.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Medicine Science Halo Gaf. Question:

Yesterday I bought a deli sandwich, from Seahawks' favorite Eastside sub outlet, Sarduccis. Ham, salami, produce, oil, vinegar, mustard. Their sandwiches are delicious. But here's my science question:

It has been in my bag since about 1pm yesterday. The bag was initially in my car, so more or less refrigerated. until about 7pm last night, where the bag moved into my house, a constant 71 degrees, overnight. Now it's in my bag. And I wants it. So -

1. Is it deadly?
2. Is it safe to eat if I have an iron constitution?
3. Can I eat it, but assume that a few hours later, a flock of angry brown sparrows will flee my butt?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.

Yesterday I bought a deli sandwich, from Seahawks' favorite Eastside sub outlet, Sarduccis. Ham, salami, produce, oil, vinegar, mustard. Their sandwiches are delicious. But here's my science question:

It has been in my bag since about 1pm yesterday. The bag was initially in my car, so more or less refrigerated. until about 7pm last night, where the bag moved into my house, a constant 71 degrees, overnight. Now it's in my bag. And I wants it. So -

1. Is it deadly?
3. Can I eat it, but assume that a few hours later, a flock of angry brown sparrows will flee my butt?

Sounds like you have one option.

FOR SCIENCE!

TheOddOne

1. Is it deadly?
1. No.
2. YES.
3. No, but yes.

wSM7HTo.gif

Fuchsdh

1. Is it deadly?

It's not going to be deadly unless their food preparation was lax. Whether it's good is another question entirely.

Nowise10

I would probably put the sandwich in the freezer for like 15 minutes to get it cold. Eating a soggy, warm sandwich doesn't sound too appetizing.

I'm just going to wait for the special designed Halo 5 Xbox One (if Halo 5 looks promising.) Halo 5 is the only reason I want to get an Xbone at this point... I'm sure by that time there will be decent amount of games set for release for it to warrant a purchase, though.
Same. And I really want an Xbox One but MS's behaviour lately... damn, pushes me away.

Omni

Make a US Amazon account and use and purchase books digitally via the Kindle shop (and read via the Kindle app on any of your devices/PC).

I do that, and it's handy, I get all my books based on the US release whilst being in the UK - no need to wait for stupid UK pushed back release dates.
I was gonna try that the other night but my payment didn't work for some reason. I'll give it another go in a minute... I probably made a mistake with entering a bogus address or something.

Random question though. Is the book only available through the app or do you get an .epub file (or whatever) to download?

What their behavior?
Gaming side is going crazy over it at the moment. Albert or whatever his name is made a statement trying to downplay differences in third party titles by saying that the gap wasn't all that big and to give it time because they just shipped.

or something or rather.

I think you can extract the epub via some method, but I stick to using the app.

Oooh okay. Cheers man. :)

What their behavior?
Treating their customers as idiots, promissing lot's of things and not executing (they should even apologise), now Albert Penello saying bullcrap.
I don't want to give my money to a company that treats their customers so badly yet I want a Xbox One because of Halo.

I'm going to let all this dust settle and then I'll make my decision.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I was gonna try that the other night but my payment didn't work for some reason. I'll give it another go in a minute... I probably made a mistake with entering a bogus address or something.

Random question though. Is the book only available through the app or do you get an .epub file (or whatever) to download?

I think you can extract the epub via some method, but I stick to using the app.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

1. Is it deadly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R32yXgCBI80

Gui_PT

Treating their customers as idiots, promissing lot's of things and not executing (they should even apologise), now Albert Penello saying bullcrap.
I don't want to give my money to a company that treats their customers so badly yet I want a Xbox One because of Halo.

I'm going to let all this dust settle and then I'll make my decision.

This is the problem IMO

People bitch and bitch but they always end up supporting the company that screws them over.

Don't buy their stuff. That way they'll never mess with you again.

Nowise10

I honestly don't* understand what you guys are talking about. When have they treated customers badly?

Edit* Holy hell I need to read my comments before posting. I always miss a letter or word.

Homeboyd

If I remember my high school home economics class correctly from 10 years ago. Bacteria begins to grow on meat at room temp in about 4 hours.
Less than that for some perishables. Yeah, you'll ingest plenty of bacteria, can't say whether you'll get sick or not. Sort of a case by case kind of thing. I wouldn't eat it, but it sounds like you're going to anyways so take lots of pics and update periodically with short video clips of you telling us the status of your anus.

Mistel

Banned
I honestly don't* understand what you guys are talking about. When have they treated customers badly?

Edit* Holy hell I need to read my comments before posting. I always miss a letter or word.
DRM, no used games etc. I'm sure gaming side could give you an ample list.

This is the problem IMO

People bitch and bitch but they always end up supporting the company that screws them over.

Don't buy their stuff. That way they'll never mess with you again.
They have good products, they really do: Windows 8.1 , Windows Phone, Xbox One. Their problem is that they're focusing too much on things they are easily surpassed instead of focusing on what's good about the Xbox One. They keep allowing Penello to PR for them, thing that this man doesn't know.

The audience already knows which one has the best hardware. They shouldn't focus on that point yet they keep doing it. Treat your consumers right, focus your attention on the launch of the console on Tier 2 countries and then try to make it work the way it's supposed to work. It's really not that difficult: cut all the bullcrap and focus on your product and costumers instead of talking trash about your competition.

They have a lot to fix with the Xbox One, they have lots of people to convince that the Xbox One is the right console for them... but not this way. Make a smart and clean advertising campaign, not this. Oh... and be more transparent.

PS: I don't know how but the Windows Phone division does a much better work at it.

So i just bought the Halo 4 Championship DLC for like £7 ish.

Pitfall is maybe one of my fav maps in the franchise. Not only does it have a great layout it just oozes with atmosphere. Shame getting good games on it will be near impossible.

Team DLC "you asked for it we delivered" ... 273 players.

I hope 343 don't take the low DLC sales and lack of players as a sign that pitfall was a bad map it's just cause Halo 4 is kinda poop.

Omni

I've been awake for about 47 hours. Needless to say playing Halo 2 on Heroic at the moment is making me want to bang my head against the wall. Crazy. Total missed opportunity that the game doesn't have online coop.

Go to bed, dude.

Got work again in an hour. Oh the perils of being home over the holidays

1. Is it deadly?

Totally no offense intended here but Scots eat Haggis which equals crazy intestinal fortitude, that beyond the likes of HaloGAF. At the worst you'll get a not so solid OT thread out of it :)

IHaveIce

Banned
So i just bought the Halo 4 Championship DLC for like £7 ish.

Pitfall is maybe one of my fav maps in the franchise. Not only does it have a great layout it just oozes with atmosphere. Shame getting good games on it will be near impossible.

Team DLC "you asked for it we delivered" ... 273 players.

I hope 343 don't take the low DLC sales and lack of players as a sign that pitfall was a bad map it's just cause Halo 4 is kinda poop.

It's more of a sign that their dlc implementation was shit and nobody wants to spend that money for 3maps per pack.

Also why is Infinity Slayer still in other playlists than Action Sack? Can 343 please realise it is NOT a working slayer gametype.

SHame Halo 2 Vista's servers are so empty had some fun games earlier today on MLG settings on Lockout

Fuchsdh

Why that map? I always thought of it as generic.

Almost all of Combat Evolved's maps were pretty generic. A nice coat of paint can solve that. Fundamentally from a gameplay standpoint I think it was one of the better CE maps. (I mean, why remake Longest or Prisoner before Rat's Nest?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom