• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chettlar

Banned
As I said, do you really need to reinvent the wheel?

Dunno, if I had to do this, and keep the baseball card from Halo 4, maybe I would keep the idea being the UI of Halo 3 and do something like this :

1391022282-for-chettlar-wireframe.jpg

But first, I would think about the main informations I would like to see about a player. For me, it would be the number of games he has played, the number of matchmaking game he has won and the K/D ratio, so I could quickly know if he is a good player.

Without taking too much risks, I could merge Halo 3/Reach and Halo 4, using the stance on the card to quickly know the armor of the player so I could recognize him in the game, and let the option to the player to get more informations.

And I wouldn't waste too much time on the visual design

1391022284-for-chettlar-visual.jpg

In fact, the Active Roster for Reach and baseball card from Halo 4 aren't too much differents. It give you a quick acces to what you need to know about the player.

Btw, with the exception of one thing, the information you have for the player is exactly what I was thinking of putting down, so I agree on that.

The issue is this simply would not work full screen. If you do that, the you have names on the roster being pushed off the bottom of the screen. I usually dislike these kinds of menus because everything is moving around (the quicker you most down the list of names, the more things are flying everywhere it seems) and it can sometimes even make me feel sick at times. I'd rather have it off to the side or the roster, either something dedicated in the center of the screen, or as a menu hanging directly off the side the name it refers to. Menus should be easy to look at, first and foremost in terms of visual design; obviously they should be functional as well. Done right, they work together: easy to look at and understand, and functional.

How do you feel of having something like (from left to right):

1. Game info
2. Player info (non obtrusive, either in the center of the screen, or leaning somewhat closer to the right)
3. Roster

nillapuddin

It's just a waste of time. If your wireframe and template aren't up to snuff you have to keep redoing the visuals. Best to just get the proper grid/sizing off the bat.

I agree completely, until it is too inconvenient to move on, I will attempt to stick to my column setups, I already know the screen size will not accommodate a 16 player scroll-less lobby, which saddens me, but Im not sure that's imperative.

I do appreciate your feedback though, if I were doing this for a legit project, I would start much lower, but since this is just for fun and for me to keep up with my Fireworks skills, Im just winging it

Nebula

Looks like he was banned for something in this thread, but I suck at digging through posts. RIP in Peace.

Some nice UI mockups guys.

Before making the UI you have to establish what is necessary in the lobby. Personally I think UIs sans info unlike Halo 2 are useless. I want to know what some of the settings are without having to be party lead or know a matchmaking list back to front.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Here we fuckin go

A bunch. I'm gonna take it a little easy because I'm sure someone is, or will be pounding their fist into a mahogany desk overlooking the Redmond campus.

What has me excited right now is the revisiting of Halo. So later this year we're gonna get Halo 2 Anniversary edition WITH ALL SORTS OF SHIT. On Xbox One. November 11th!

I will buy an Xbox One for this. Frankie pls.

Tawpgun

H2 Anny is free money for MS. Include Beta for Halo One. Sales up the wazoooooooo

You don't even need to hire me, just take my advice and give me a free Xbone and Halos for my troubles.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It kind of makes sense why they removed number 5 in the teaser trailer now, because a Halo is coming in 2014.
Yeah, and I'm 100% cool with it working out this way. Take your sweet time with Halo 5, and give us a remake of the pinnacle of the series in the mean time. I wonder what kind of "ALL SORTS OF SHIT" he's referring to, though.

Yeah, and I'm 100% cool with it working out this way. Take your sweet time with Halo 5, and give us a remake of the pinnacle of the series in the mean time. I wonder what kind of "ALL SORTS OF SHIT" he's referring to, though.

Map Creator?
Theater?
File Share?
Return of Clans?
Return of 1-50?

343 please DO NOT MESS THIS UP. Also waiting for stinkles response to this.

Karl2177

Although I doubt it, Bungie may have let them do the original ending.

jbug617

Banned

My guess it's the Halo 5 Beta.

My guess it's the Halo 5 Beta.

He said this:

"Halo 2 Anniversary Edition
-
Halo 5 beta access
Halo real time show... think Forward Unto Dawn (not the Spielberg stuff)
Someone told me there was going to be an alternative fucking ending. <-- I have zero info as to whether this is legitimate or not"

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Map Creator?
Theater?
File Share?
Return of Clans?
Return of 1-50?

343 please DO NOT MESS THIS UP
The leaker elaborated a bit:
Halo 2 Anniversary Edition
-
Halo 5 beta access
Halo real time show... think Forward Unto Dawn (not the Spielberg stuff)
Someone told me there was going to be an alternative fucking ending. <-- I have zero info as to whether this is legitimate or not

I'd imagine 1-50 will for sure be included, but who knows about clans. Theater and file share make sense, too.

Edit : Holy shit, I just realized it'll probably be 60 FPS, too. That'll feel so fucking nice.

Halo 2 Anniversary being 2014's Halo was rather obvious when Microsoft AND 343 both refused to officially name the game. :) They only promised a Halo game this year, not Halo 5.

I bet at a certain point in time, 2014's Halo WAS supposed to be Halo 5, but Microsoft and 343 quickly realized they can't properly put out a complete new game in such a short amount of time.

Halo 2 Anniversary! Get hyped! These are the things that justify my Xbox One purchase!

Halo 2 Anniversary being 2014's Halo was rather obvious when Microsoft AND 343 both refused to officially name the game. :) They only promised a Halo game this year, not Halo 5.

I bet at a certain point in time, 2014's Halo WAS supposed to be Halo 5, but Microsoft and 343 quickly realized they can't properly put out a complete new game in such a short amount of time.

Halo 2 Anniversary! Get hyped! These are the things that justify my Xbox One purchase!

I doubt it was ever coming this year[Halo 5] way too early and not enough time,they know they need to get it right. Halo 2 ann makes sense since it's 10 yrs old this fall,it conveniently fell at the right time to make it for xbox one.

GreyWind

So the 'little game project' is H2 Anniversary?

"In closing, I will leave you with this image from Sparth – an early exploration of a new location that features prominently in a little game project we’re tinkering with"

I hope tons of new shit mean Halo 2 Anniversary is loaded with HD Remasters of maps.

I want Halo 2 Anniversary to come with all the maps from Halo 3, and Halo CE, and Halo 2. Imagine getting 40 maps on disc. :drool

Surely it wouldn't be so hard to update the maps from said games to Halo 2.

belushy

Banned
I'm confused now though.... how will the MP be? If H2A comes first, is Halo 5 just going to be the exact same MP? Is H2A a pre-h5 launch expansion (expansion isn't the right word... pretty much like CEA was to Reach and ODST was to H3)?

It's actually a smart move to release H2A this year so 343 can see what the reception will be like while giving the Xbox One's install base time to grow. Part of me is disappointed (only because of what happened to CEA), but I'm mostly excited to play some REAL objective games on some REAL maps.
pls.

Mabef

Banned
Part of why H2's UI looks cluttered is because it's from a time where you had to assume players had tiny CRT's. As someone who had a SD TV well into this generation, modern UI's were a pain to read with the move towards white space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom