• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If H2A is real, I hope they tone down the aim assist and stuff. Then it will truly be GOAT.

Tawpgun

Hey now, yoga pants are not a laughing matter.
There are entire forums where the best thing about them is their appreciation of said pants.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUaOEt2dLgQ2F_Y7d3njwiQq38LP9k1NbiFn1ExVIpqhcC0bq_Mw[/img

[quote="Nebula, post: 98869733"]ALL ABOARD CHOO CHOO.

This is the best news [spoiler]if true[/spoiler] I've heard in ages.[/QUOTE]

Halo 2 doesn't have a mongoose though! GSO!

Chettlar

Banned
Wait, guys, what does the bolded here mean?

A bunch. I'm gonna take it a little easy because I'm sure someone is, or will be pounding their fist into a mahogany desk overlooking the Redmond campus.

What has me excited right now is the revisiting of Halo. So later this year we're gonna get Halo 2 Anniversary edition WITH ALL SORTS OF SHIT. On Xbox One. November 11th!

They're adding things to it? It's getting a reworked Campaign? What could this mean?!?!

Actually maybe I could just ask him...

Lol, I love how he says "I'm gonna take it a little easy" and then BOOM.

Also, I just realized. So this ntkrnl guy says no Halo One this year, but....didn't Phil say something about how it would? Then I just realize something. NOOOO, he didn't. He said "Your Halo Journey will continue this fall."

Sneaky bastard.

wwm0nkey

ALL ABOARD CHOO CHOO.

This is the best news
if true
I've heard in ages.

I just REALLY hope there is a Halo 2 limited edition Xbox One.

Also if you do not have a Xbox One (like me) just put $50 aside each month until Fall and your all good lol

I hope frankie or Microsoft settles this rumor now since some people are getting hyped. The rumor might get bigger and if H2A actually doesn't come out it will disappoint people later.

Mistel

Banned
It's actually a smart move to release H2A this year so 343 can see what the reception will be like while giving the Xbox One's install base time to grow. Part of me is disappointed (only because of what happened to CEA), but I'm mostly excited to play some REAL objective games on some REAL maps.

pls.
That sound's amazing #Hire Funknown (Mark V please). Hopefully 5 does just that.
Zeouter limits is correct about yoga pants.

Akai__

Don't want to be a party pooper, but keep your expectations low for full Halo 2 MP.

However, if I'm wrong, feel free to quote me, once they reveal the MP, because I really want to be proven wrong.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Halo 2 Anniversary is the one time where they would probably not be held to blame if they did some work on the campaign balance.

Shit was ass.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Thought i was going to have a heart attack when i read the thread :O

also hi i'm new here ^_^
Hey, welcome to HaloGAF, and don't forget to PM Wahrer for the new member survey.

Halo 2 Anniversary is the one time where they would probably not be held to blame if they did some work on the campaign balance.

Shit was ass.
Yeah, if they made Legendary feel a little less cheap I wouldn't complain.

Still think H2A rumors are fake

There was way too much marketing to let us think the Halo 4 Sequel will be released this year. They even showed a first artwork with the Infinity and alle promotion material is about the Post H4 Chief with dead cortana.

Spartan3PC

Halo 2 Anniversary is.......real?

FXDLE.gif

TheXbox

How credible is the source for this Halo 2 Anniversary leak? Everything MS has said about future Halo projects indicated Halo 5 is coming out this year, and everything they've said about the possible existence of a Halo 2 remake suggested the exact opposite.

Chettlar

Banned
Hey, welcome to HaloGAF, and don't forget to PM Wahrer for the new member survey.

You know, come to think of it, I never took the new member survey. 0_0

And I can't PM Wahrer now either. :(

How credible is the source for this Halo 2 Anniversary leak? Everything MS has said about future Halo projects indicated Halo 5 is coming out this year, and everything they've said about the possible existence of a Halo 2 remake suggested the exact opposite.

Well naturally they've not tried to encourage speculation about it.

And like I said on the last page, notice Phil Spencer did not actually say the Halo 5 would be released this year. He only said "Your halo journey." I kind of suspected something (why didn't he just say "Yes"; seems rather obtuse), but was like, nah I'm just making things up. Then this happens and, well, I'm not so sure.

TheOddOne

There was way too much marketing to let us think the Halo 4 Sequel will be released this year. They even showed a first artwork with the Infinity and alle promotion material is about the Post H4 Chief with dead cortana.
So why are they so coy on the name of the project? We still have not gotten a straight answer.

the insider was confirmed with bish.

pretty sure 343 denied CEA up until it was announced.

No. This rumour makes sense (I'm not saying it will happen). They never said Halo 5 would release this year.

Halo 2 Anniversary is a continuation to the Halo franchise: it's a new "old" iteration, it's the beggining of the Halo journey on Xbox One. Makes sense to release Halo 2 this year and Halo 5 next year.

wwm0nkey

They have been beating around the bush when it comes to just telling us WHAT the Halo game we are getting this year is and the leaker was confirmed by a mod here. If you spreak around false leaks and you can't back it up to a mod they will ban you. He provided proof that this leak was real. Obviously how will be kept confidential.

EDIT: Sabre and CA confirmed by the leaker

Saber and Certain Affinity have been contracted again.

Wouldn't be the first time a gaming company said one thing and another happened. They have to keep secrets somehow. Also, if they weren't allowed to talk about it, then obviously they wouldn't talk about it yet.

TheXbox

pretty sure 343 denied CEA up until it was announced.
That's true. It'll be be a long wait from now to E3, presumeably when they'll formally announce it. I wonder if they always knew Halo 5 was coming out in 2015 (assuming this leak is legit), and they just positioned it as a 2014 release to get people on board with the X1 for launch.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Lockout Anniversary will have rockets at top mid, beam rifle at BR tower, and there will be a second structure added to the map with more rockets on it.
It's funny cause it's true. I liked the way they made both classic and updated version of CE maps for CEA, but the number of power weapons on the updated versions was ridiculous.

You know, come to think of it, I never took the new member survey. 0_0

And I can't PM Wahrer now either. :(
Oh no, guess you'll have to never post here again. :-(

ultimota

Yeah, if they made Legendary feel a little less cheap I wouldn't complain.

thanks for the welcome :)

Ooo i like surveys, but didn't i see a few pages back that he's banned :p (or am i thinking of the wrong person)

Woorloog

Banned
If there will be Halo 2 Anniversary, i bet it won't have original MP. Or it will be replaced with proto-Halo 5 MP. Or something like that.
And if it will have original MP, it will be fixed, no more button combos and such. Might actually play it if this were the case.

Though... perhaps i jinxed this by saying this. With my luck, they will bring back the MP unmodified. I'd very much like to play Halo 2 MP without all the BS it had...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
thanks for the welcome :)

Ooo i like surveys, but didn't i see a few pages back that he's banned :p (or am i thinking of the wrong person)
I was just cracking a joke about Wahrer, heh. I'm not sure how to find the survey. Someone else probably has it and can post it for you.

Chettlar

Banned
It's funny cause it's true. I liked the way they made both classic and updated version of CE maps for CEA, but the number of power weapons on the updated versions was ridiculous.

Oh no, guess you'll have to never post here again. :-(

NOOOOOOOO

K, so what's the deal with Saber and CA? Everybody hates them why?

They have been beating around the bush when it comes to just telling us WHAT the Halo game we are getting this year is and the leaker was confirmed by a mod here. If you spreak around false leaks and you can't back it up to a mod they will ban you. He provided proof that this leak was real. Obviously how will be kept confidential.

EDIT: Sabre and CA confirmed by the leaker
Then why should the topic be titled "rumor"? ;)

Why would they advertise the game right now with
"The award-winning Halo franchise continues on Xbox One, beginning in 2014."
if it's a remake

GECK

So is actual Halo 2 multiplayer confirmed? Thats all I care about. Would be cool if they fixed the button glitches and gave us bumper jumper. Updated playlists.

Of course the population would completely dwarf Halo 4 which would be real hilarious and make 343 sad so I'm not holding my breath.

I was expecting the H5 delay.. no company interested in making money is dumb enough to put Halo 4's sequel up against a new Bungie IP.

Woorloog

Banned
NOOOOOOOO

K, so what's the deal with Saber and CA? Everybody hates them why?

Ridiculous amounts of power weapons in their maps. And something about Halo CEA graphical style.
The first point is very true. The second point is rather subjective, i prefer CEA graphics to original ones...

jem0208

So is actual Halo 2 multiplayer confirmed? Thats all I care about. Would be cool if they fixed the button glitches and gave us bumper jumper. Updated playlists.

Of course the population would completely dwarf Halo 4 which would be real hilarious and make 343 sad so I'm no holding my breath.

I was expecting the H5 delay.. no company is dumb enough to put Halo 5 up against a new Bungie IP.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98872299&postcount=425

Apparently so....

Then why should the topic be titled "rumor"? ;)

Why would they advertise the game right now with
"The award-winning Halo franchise continues on Xbox One, beginning in 2014."
if it's a remake

They said beginning,that word is suspect. It makes sense for Halo 2 since its the ann and they arent rushing Halo 5 already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom