• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

Halo 2 MULTIPLAYEEEEEERRRRRRRR

Foamy_2ce489_722287.gif

ElRenoRaven

I suggested something like this a few pages back and got told it was a stupid idea. :/

Like a "deleted scenes" section. Maybe have some intro cutscenes (or just some drawing and explanation if the level was way removed from the final product) to help the player understand what's going on, and then drop them off in the level.

You could even have an audio commentary going on during all this, ala portal.

See I think that would be awesome. Maybe some of the Bungie guys who work for MS now *cough cough Joseph cough cough* could talk about it. Even then I don't see why they couldn't even get some of the crew from Bungie during that time to talk about the levels. It would be like an ultimate behind the scenes.

Karl2177

If I were in charge of things, I'd slap a "Bonus Content" chunk on the main menu. Inside of it would be the cut Covenant Ship, Forerunner Tank, and Earth Finale levels; the Halo 2 Collector's Edition content; the E3 content; and Anniversary BTS videos. Maybe some more stuff. Then in the Start Menu have an option to play through the game with or without the cut content. If MP is included, throw the mediocre H2V maps in as well.

ikw8irXRaIT1p.png

Okay, visual hierarchy? What am I supposed to look at first?

Where's the headline to tell me what room I'm in?

What's the point of the space in the middle? Does something float in or take up that space later?

I like the inclusion of information in the Epitome Slayer box but confused about invite friends/party leader on left when you have dialogues for the same thing on the right. Seems redundant. Why not always have party leader on top. Designate a color. I understand the need to tell you in order for you to realize you can change settings but I'm not sure this is the way to go about it. Also what is stuff like [A].

Maps. I understand that the map is giving me clues about weapon stashes but I'm not sure this is really necessary. Nor is such a big picture which just seems to include some art but nothing particularly informative.

Active Roster is a good concept from the other games but maybe have it slide in rather than be a permanent fixture.

Is the bottom some kind of advertisement ticker for the game or MS?

The boxes on the right seem a bit bigger in width than the left, is this intentional? Is that where to look first? If so it should be more obvious.

What's the grid other than just lining the boxes up? Match begins doesn't seem to line up with anything.

We should create a list of what people think is necessary in a lobby before even setting a pen to paper or a mouse to an artboard. What do players want, what do noobs need, what to devs want to encourage.

Sharing computers... blergh

Chettlar

Banned
See I think that would be awesome. Maybe some of the Bungie guys who work for MS now *cough cough Joseph cough cough* could talk about it. Even then I don't see why they couldn't even get some of the crew from Bungie during that time to talk about the levels. It would be like an ultimate behind the scenes.

I've always wanted to do something like this actually. Getting back some original Bungie guys and Saber guys together talking about how things were originally, and then how they wanted to redo everything could be really cool, I think.

Another similar idea I've had for a while is for a game that I've had the idea for a while. You have these separate chapters called something like "The Dark Chapters" that focus on isolated instances, about 3-4 hours each that simply give a scenario (a darker tone than the rest of the game) and play like a level in the main game, but are completely separate from the main game and story. Has anyone done something like that before?

I'm trying to make sense of the fact that if this rumor is true, 343 would be making Halo 2 with multiplayer, and release Halo 5 year later with its own multiplayer as well. The reason I'm hoping the most for is that they're using Halo 2A as the vanilla Halo experience, and that they'll use Halo 5 to continue the gameplay changes they made in Halo 4.

In my opinion, remaking Halo 2's multiplayer only to release Halo 5 a year later would be a huge waste of resources, if Halo 2A wasn't meant to last longer than 1 year.

I'm trying to make sense of the fact that if this rumor is true, 343 would be making Halo 2 with multiplayer, and release Halo 5 year later with its own multiplayer as well. The reason I'm hoping the most for is that they're using Halo 2A as the vanilla Halo experience, and that they'll use Halo 5 to continue the gameplay changes they made in Halo 4.

That's how I see it. Basically a MS Halo release that is fan service to adopters of their previous systems who loved the original series. It incentivises a next gen console purchase for the 'old school' fans while allowing the employees of 343 who want to shake the formula up to do so guilt free and without the burden of appeasing conservative fans. Fits with the Halo release every year schedule and is relatively risk free.

Seeing as Frank/Ellis havent come in and shut us down completely (yet). I'm so excited.

If we get original H2 MP I will most likely die of joy and never get to enjoy it, but would be totally worth it.

Please dont hurt me again, Halo Optimism.

Homeboyd

Seeing as Frank/Ellis havent come in and shut us down completely (yet). I'm so excited.

If we get original H2 MP I will most likely die of joy and never get to enjoy it, but would be totally worth it.

Please dont hurt me again, Halo Optimism.
Speedy hasn't shut it down either. HYPED!!

Certain Affinity, some 343 bodies and whatever else they can grab will do H2A. I'm guessing anyway.

But still, I'd guess it isn't cheap to remake Halo 2, inlcuding its multiplayer. I don't think it would be a smart move to spend money on a multiplayer (that isn't annualized already like CoD or FIFA) that isn't going to be populated for more than 2 years. It would need more sustainability I think.

Havok

Blood Gulch, Sidewinder and Ice fields would like to have a word with you. Unless you don't like BTB as much as I do, then your statement is pretty much correct.
One of those is dramatically better in Halo 2 - Coagulation shits on Blood Gulch from a great height, whatever your sandbox preferences are aside. Even Sidewinder had a remake that was arguably better than the original (especially for infantry movement), though not in H2.

Halo 2's map roster is unmatched no matter the player count. Only a few maps in that entire game that are anything less than stellar.

TheOddOne

This post made me think: I remember Frank saying that he really liked Sacred Icon Suite 2 off the Halo Legends OST―which was kind of partial remix of Halo 2's Sacred Icon Suite. It was a weird off-the-cuff remark.

Maybe I'm reading a bit too much into it.

Woorloog

Banned
This post made me think: I remember Frank saying that he really liked Sacred Icon Suite 2 off the Halo Legends OST―which was kind of partial remix of Halo 2's Sacred Icon Suite. It was a weird off-the-cuff remark.

Sacred Icon Suite 2 is great if it is the track i think it is. EDIT it is.

Karl2177

Best suite is the original High Charity Suite. Focus on the Pursuit of Truth part around 6:08. Sooooo goooood.

Blood Gulch, Sidewinder and Ice fields would like to have a word with you. Unless you don't like BTB as much as I do, then your statement is pretty much correct.

Versus Relic, Waterworks, the better version of Blood Gulch, Containment, Zanzibar, Headlong, and Terminal? heh

Chettlar

Banned
Great timing.

Nice work!

Halo 2 has wonderful soundtrack, one of the best i've ever heard. Better than Halo CE which is among the best. (Sacred Icon Suite 2 is not from it but it is great anyway).

One of the few things that got decidedly better in Halo 2.

Best suite is the original High Charity Suite. Focus on the Pursuit of Truth part around 6:08. Sooooo goooood.

Oh. Oh wow. Oh wow my goodness. This is gorgeous.

These cords are just. Brilliant. The ~ 2:30-3:30 is just pure beauty.

The midi drums ruin it though. :(((

Chettlar

Banned
I really hope Halo 2 Anniversary's OST is recorded with a live orchestra this time around.

PLEASE 343. Do this gorgeous piece of art some justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom