• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula

What did wahrer do to get banned?

EgF5te7.png

No idea.

nillapuddin

With this as a given example, and a scenario with ALOT going on, I tried to replicate it in my nilla style, album (all images showin in this post)

9X8CBA2.jpg

7gqCXQt.jpg

obviously some of the assets need to be improved (emblems and mic icons) but just for the sake of duplication I left them untouched

additionally, if yall dont like the horizontal slide, the secondary content column is designed to fit in the middle

this is fun
with H2 Anni "coming", this seems more relevant lol

edit: so many things to be improved, font with shadows, button placement, button backgrounds, opacity balancing, ugh, this is why I will always be an "amateur" designer lol

Chettlar

Banned
With this as a given example, and a scenario with ALOT going on, I tried to replicate it in my nilla style, album (all images showin in this post)

9X8CBA2.jpg

7gqCXQt.jpg

obviously some of the assets need to be improved (emblems and mic icons) but just for the sake of duplication I left them untouched

additionally, if yall dont like the horizontal slide, the secondary content column is designed to fit in the middle

this is fun
with H2 Anni "coming", this seems more relevant lol

Very nice, and simple. A few nitpicks that make it hard to look at, but the actually concept is what I would like to see.

How does Juan like this?

Mistel

Banned
I can't find the exact post but according to the leaks thread, there's going to be an new xbone version in 2016. I'm not sure whether it has an optical drive or not or Kinect is dropped as a pack in.

Havoc2049

Halo 2!!!

I actually thought the single player campaign in Halo 2 was great. Play Halo 4 single player, then go back to Halo 2 and it seems brilliant! ;-)

NewMombasa_zps6107e7c3.png

Ghazi

Halo 2!!!

I actually thought the single player campaign in Halo 2 was great. Play Halo 4 single player, then go back to Halo 2 and it seems brilliant! ;-)

NewMombasa_zps6107e7c3.png

I am so excited to see this level in HD. Alongside various others :)

Who knows, with the leak of this game, the white Xbox One, and the 1TB hard drive; I think I may save up all the money I can for the next year or two and buy one. Was originally thinking about getting a PS4, but I can't resist Halo.

Who knows, with the leak of this game, the white Xbox One, and the 1TB hard drive; I think I may save up all the money I can for the next year or two and buy one. Was originally thinking about getting a PS4, but I can't resist Halo.
This. It's so hard to ignore Halo.

Mistel

Banned
I find all these leaks interesting. Kinda weird...
Just waiting for the barn leak ala 4 again.
I'm doing just that a matte white console would match the decor in my room so much better than my glossy black 360. A larger hard drive and a decent halo game would cement that decision.

Madness

Damn, so I missed Halo 2 Anniversary happening with Halo 5 beta and Halo 5 releasing the year after? I bet if you drove by 434 Kirkland around the time that guy posted, you'd hear a lot of expletives being said with a Scottish accent.

Makes me curious as to how much influence these 'small minority communities, living in a bubble' actually have.

ElRenoRaven

God. Imagine every level redone like Anniversary was. Despite the shotgun graphical glitch Halo 1 Anniversary was amazing looking other then the way Marines, etc were fattened up.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)
24, Australia

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
my girlfriend and i are about to have our first child :D

And then there were 3
You, RandomRosso (TAS) & me (VIC)
. Congrats on the sex by the way, get some sleep while you can as your little one will give you a run for your money :)

As for H2A here's some thoughts:
  • Havok physics changes
  • Won't be on both X1 & 360, platforms and hosting are too different for single release
  • Could pull a Reach/CEA type development, which would mean no X1 and no dedis either
  • Halo 4 is already closely mirroring Reach & TU progression, could also explain why they were making holistic decisions such as Infinity at launch
  • Clans will be missing, potential for X1 exclusive game/feature but haven't seen this in any other X1 game or platform features
  • I still personally doubt this is real, why would they do H4+H2A only to compete with X1+HX1 console & game sales? Why would they release H2A on X1 exclusive just to compete with HX1 within less than 6-12 months?
  • The generic HX1 trailer reveal has zero about the past or current games, it is all about looking forward with the story
  • Think about all the assets required for this...models, hitboxes, animations, textures, resolution updates, audio, third party plugin updates, XBL platform updates...hmmm I just don't see that investment coming off the back of CEA & H4.
  • CEA was offline or LAN and had far less issues in porting or upgrading due to this.

We should create a list of what people think is necessary in a lobby before even setting a pen to paper or a mouse to an artboard. What do players want, what do noobs need, what to devs want to encourage.

Sharing computers... blergh

An incomplete list, I have to get back to work. At least it should get us started:

Lobby Type (Matchmaking + Playlist type, custom, forge, theater)

(Pre-voting)
  • Map
  • Gametype
  • (More?)
(In custom game/ after voting)
  • Map
  • Gametype
  • Weapons Set
  • Score to win
  • Rounds per team
  • Time Limit
Players:
  • Who is the leader of your party
  • Who is in a party
  • What team is a player on (unassigned or FFA defaults to player color)
Each player:
  • Gamertag
  • Player Emblem (player spartan, preferably- I don't mind that part of 4)
  • A player's rank in the current playlist
  • A player's maximum rank (trueskill and/or xp rank)
Single button to bring up Friend Roster Screen that has the following:
  • Who is on Live, but not in the game
  • Who is playing the game, split by parties
  • What each party is doing (in matchmaking, custom game lobby, etc), preferably with timers of minutes in lobby/time or score left in game

Single button to bring up player detail screen (file share, stats, closeup of spartan)*

Single button to back out from matchmaking (go back to playlist selection)

*Stats of matched players should only be accessible after voting.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Damn. Xbox One this Fall for me, I guess. I'll probably keep my PS4 for multiplats, but maybe not.

Edit : That article says they've only verified the system update and the white XB1. Oh, and there's an XB1 with no disc drive bring tested.

Yea its only for some but it adds up so i think its safe to believe that dude that came here today.

Ora

Banned
Halo 2 Anniversary HYPE! Oh man,

Some of Halo's best locations (New Mombasa, Delta Halo and High Charity) remastered.
Some of the best characters (Arbiter, Tartarus, Prophets of Truth, Mercy and Regret) remastered.

Can't wait to see what this looks like.

Oh, and I missed out on Halo 2 MP the first time around, hopefully it stays seemingly untouched.

The only thing I'd say about the UI is the basics of most of what you need should be loaded all at once on a much larger thing if that's possible. And then you pan the camera around with the controller commands and there is always a small thin status bar at the bottom reminding you how to get back n forth.

For instance you start with something that looks like Reach's main MM menu where each section takes up about a third of the screen horizontally, You see Map, playlist, selection, etc and that is section 1 section 2 is blank on this "default MM screen", and the party list is section 3 tile hell you could even make this sortof "metro-like" if you had to. If you hit right bumper or Y you no longer can see the map, playlist, network selection screen tile as the camera scrolls a bit over to the right to now show basically tile 2, 3, and 4. and a image of the players spartan armor config with some stats below it fades in on the left where the emptiness was spot 2 but now its spot 1. Whoever the selection is over shows up so you can quickly see everyone's info and spartan without needing to click anything. This is basically the "social screen" and the active roster is what just scrolled in from the far right now in slot 3 (really 4) that wasn't visible before but was still pre-loaded in a "slot 4" that was just not visible. If you click left or right on the move analog stick it switches between the party list and active roster list and while in this screen an X will invite someone on the active roster. it will send an add friend to anyone on the party list IF they are not already a friend.

Bonuses the default MM screen looks very clean and not overly busy. Two your whole social list with wealth of information is available quickly with one+ buttons pressed.

If loadouts exist you could create a screen to set three by pressing D-pad down to scroll down. There would be 3 loadouts laid out you scroll around in. Clicking on a item allows a quick menu popup of the alternatives. A to select B to cancel. You would just press up d-pad to get back to the top screen. You could do this on either screen up above.

I dunno thats what I got. Dunno if it even makes sense but to me its all I want and need.

Madness

Frank and DEllis silence speaks volumes. This is megaton news and they haven't acknowledged it. And if Verge has confirmed the white Xbox One news, safe to say the rest is also true.

What can they really do as it is, they can deny but if it's true they don't want to be liars and if they acknowledge it takes away all the hype. I mean they probably wanted to blow fans away with Chief in New Mombasa in 1080p with completely redone visuals at E3, now we know why Halo 5 wasn't shown in the list of games to come this year, why they never really named a title, were just vague with Halo this year, dedicated servers, 60 FPS.

Literally, I can't believe the amount of info dropped today. And it was all good news! Craziness!

I do wish 343/MS would have been more forward about the XB1 Halo game launching this year, but perhaps why they choose to use that trailer will make sense soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom