• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Not sure what to think. This would explain the silence on the Halo 2/3 Steam releases, but this is wayyyyy to specific, I feel.

edit: ok yeah he has to be full of it now

Yeah, this is getting sketchy really quick.

Halo_Reach_Dream_Crusher_Render.png

Dreamcrusher.png

EDIT: There is like no way 6-8 maps would be in the beta either IMO.

The weird thing about this is the silence from MS guys on GAF and twitter. I haven't seen anyone say anything. Normally with Halo "leaks" Frankie or David are here to deny it pretty fast. No word from either, this is really weird. Some of it sounds too good to be true. Halo 3 and Halo 4 ports with special edition Halo 2 HD? No way.

belushy

Banned
So, assuming my prediction of Halo 5 in March 2015...

In 5 months these are the Halo games coming out on Xbox One.

1. Halo 2 Anniversary
2. A port of Halo 3
3. A port of Halo 4
4. Halo 5 Beta in December
5. Halo 5 release

There is no way this is true. Even if Halo 5 doesn't release in March, that is still 4 Halo related things out in 2 months.

defghik

Not sure what to think. This would explain the silence on the Halo 2/3 Steam releases, but this is wayyyyy to specific, I feel.

edit: ok yeah he has to be full of it now

Yeah, I'm really skeptical now. I would LOVE Halo 2 to be remade with online multiplayer, but this definitely smells like BS to me now.

Fracas

#fuckonami
what you mean the silence on the steam releases? how would it explain it?

Steam registry receiving constant updates followed by denial then more updates then no more updates and complete silence + bs angel's "wait for early 2014" regarding Halo 2 on Steam.

I don't believe Halo 2 Anniversary is coming with a H3 and H4 port attached but it kind of fits. It's supposedly set to be unveiled in Feb-March so I guess we'll see.

belushy

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98910665&postcount=2401

Makes zero financial sense to rekindle a huge following of Halo fans who were disillusioned after 4?

Garnering a fuck ton of fans with a re-done classic, letting them experience 3 & 4 again on their XB1 if they want to, so they can roll into Halo 5 (with its promised old-school style game play) ready to go and caught up?

This clearly makes financial sense.

But... but... you just said "Huge maps"

Omni

*shrugs*

Like I said in the other thread, Halo 2 was believable to an extent. The rest of this information? I really don't see MS blowing their Halo load within a year or so of Xbone launch.

Oh well

*shrugs*

Like I said in the other thread, Halo 2 was believable to an extent. The rest of this information? I really don't see MS blowing their Halo load within a year or so of Xbone launch.

Oh well

Yeah, once the 6-8 maps thing for the beta and H3/H4 port got brought up, I think it's far fetched.

So, assuming my prediction of Halo 5 in March 2015...

In 5 months these are the Halo games coming out on Xbox One.

1. Halo 2 Anniversary
2. A port of Halo 3
3. A port of Halo 4
4. Halo 5 Beta in December
5. Halo 5 release

There is no way this is true. Even if Halo 5 doesn't release in March, that is still 4 Halo related things out in 2 months.

i think halo 5 in fall,MS usually has a big game in the fall.

belushy

Banned
i think halo 5 in fall,MS usually has a big game in the fall.

True. I'm just speculating based on the info that dude is shelling out. Would 343 really have the beta in December of this year, and then release the game 10-11 months later, though?

edit: Nevermind, leaker just said Halo 5 comes out a year a year after H2A... there is no way this is real. Talking out of his ass now.

What a bunch of total bullshit. The logistics of porting/upgrading 2+3+4 all for X1...yeah right. If they could do that within a decent budget/resources window then the X1 would have backwards compatibility. That's not even entering into the differences between XBL platforms/versions between OG, 360 & X1.

This leak guy/girl is a technical and corporate moron.

belushy

Banned
What a bunch of total bullshit. The logistics of porting/upgrading 2+3+4 all for X1...yeah right. If they could do that within a decent budget/resources window then the X1 would have backwards compatibility.

This leak guy/girl is a technical and corporate moron.

For what its worth, he said that Halo 3 and Halo 4 are not HD remakes like H2A is going to be. Just straight up ports. I just don't see how 343 would have the man power for all of this stuff. Even with Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity.

Obscured

I'd like to believe, but seems some skepticism is in order. Even if half if this is true, there are always caveats that come with it. I'd love to have almost all halo available to play on my xbox one. If this is true I hope we aren't waiting till fall.

aPK

Neo Member
True. I'm just speculating based on the info that dude is shelling out. Would 343 really have the beta in December of this year, and then release the game 10-11 months later, though?

He just confirmed that Halo 5 would be "a year later".

I'd love to hear someone who is knowledgable on the subject to tell us how hard / resource-intensive it would be to just port 360 titles to the XB1.

There was this article about Halo 4 being streamed from the cloud:

"Microsoft has been gradually building a cloud service for Xbox One games, but the company also hinted that it may be able to stream older games to provide backwards compatibility."

belushy

Banned

I'd love to hear someone who is knowledgable on the subject to tell us how hard / resource-intensive it would be to just port 360 titles to the XB1.

"Microsoft has been gradually building a cloud service for Xbox One games, but the company also hinted that it may be able to stream older games to provide backwards compatibility."

Yeah I edited that in. ;)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If Halo 3 and 4 were ported to the XB1, would they share playlists / player population with the 360 versions? I can't imagine 343 mainting the online infrastructure for H3 / Reach / H4 on 360 and H2A / H3 / H4 on XB1. Also, why would they port H3 + H4 but not Reach?

This shit really doesn't add up.

Halo 2/3 ports to Xbox One, YES! YES! YES!

Halo 5 has big maps, NO! NO! NO!

With the good, comes the bad.

No way that's true

hype is

stock-crashing-300x225.jpg

Exactly, there's no way they're going to port all that, the H2A was believable, but not all this. Even if it just a port, it's still too much for them imo. However I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

Everyone is flipping shit and getting loopy so I figured why not.

Cat is officially out of the bag late Feb/March.

We'll know regardless by Titanfall it seems.

Havoc2049

Hello everyone. Long time Halo fan.

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
Been a member since 2011, but mainly as a lurker, but figured I would become more active.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
I've been a Halo fan since the Xbox launched in 2001. I've actually been following Halo since Mac World '99. I'm into the Halo games, music, books, etc.

XB: Halo CE, Halo 2
PC: Halo CE, Halo 2 Vista
X360: Halo 3, Halo Wars, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Reach, Halo Anniversary, Halo 4
Atari 2600: Halo 2600
WP8: Halo: Spartan Assault
XB1: Halo: Spartan Assault

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
I love both the campaign and multiplayer.

What is your favorite playlist?
I play everything, but mainly Slayer variants, from lone wolf to big team battle and everything in between.

Other Stuff
I play all kinds of genres, but I'm mainly into FPS, RPG, Action/Adventure, with a few niche genres here and there, such as Shumups, Simulations and Strategy War Games.

Halo wise, I'm currently playing through Halo 2 Vista campaign again with all the Halo 2 Anniversary talk. Trying to get back into Halo 4 and played my first game of Halo 4 multiplayer today since September 2013. I also just recently finished Spartan Assault on the XB1. If anyone is up for some achievement hunting in H2V, Spartan Assault or Halo 4 multiplayer, hit me up on Live: MajorHavoc 2049

belushy

Banned
Well the leaker said we should see the official announcement in Feb/March... so I guess we can wait until then.

At this point I don't believe it. Like you said Massacre, the H2A thing was fine... but a December H5 beta and H3 + H4 ports is just... no way.

edit: Nevermind, leaker just said Halo 5 comes out a year a year after H2A... there is no way this is real. Talking out of his ass now.

How is there no way its real? Bish checked him.

A next gen port of Halo 3 is like a dream for me...please happen.

I totally wouldn't mind it, even if they don't update H3/H4 it'd be nice to have them on our new consoles just for kicks.

But my main concern is if H2A is a real thing or not, 343i/Saber/Certain Affinity pls.

How is there no way its real? Bish checked him.

On the subreddit /r/Halo someone said that all the mods have to do is know your situation:

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/1wi3cj/rumors_that_halo_5_has_been_delayed_and_halo_2/cf29ew0 So who knows?

MS did the Cloud Halo 4 project and then they said Backwards Compatibility won't be possible (atm?) since there's too many complications with it on XB1.

FyreWulff

If the rumors are true, am I supposed to believe Microsoft would release 3 Halo games with multiplayer at the same time? Halo 2 One, 3 One, and 4 One would all be eating at each other's playerbases.

Unless two of those are campaign-only ports.

If the rumors are true, am I supposed to believe Microsoft would release 3 Halo games with multiplayer at the same time? Halo 2 One, 3 One, and 4 One would all be eating at each other's playerbases.

That last part would actually make a ton of sense, and save on their resources so they can focus on remastering the H2 MP.

Why would it matter if they eat each others player bases when they all released in the past?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That's the only way I could see this being true. But even then, I don't see MS porting Halo 3 when in just three years they'll be releasing Halo 3 Anniversary (presumably).

Fuchsdh

That's the only way I could see this being true. But even then, I don't see MS porting Halo 3 when in just three years they'll be releasing Halo 3 Anniversary (presumably).

I don't see them actually doing a Halo 3 anniversary. It was released on 360, so it's already HD.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I know i will wait and see but then verge said some of those things from their own source so i started to think there might just be some truth to it.
It could be that ntkrnl has legit info (H2A, white XB1, etc.) but has moved on to making shit up and trolling.

FyreWulff

Why would it matter if they eat each others player bases when they all released in the past?

It would matter because their populations would sputter out really fast compared to the original run because people have a buffet of Halo to choose from. This is different than going to a faster release cycle.. you're outright releasing 3 Halo games on the same day. Considering how cheap MS is, I'm not expecting them to spend money on getting 3 different networking stacks ported, and all of the MP maps from each game upconverted.

Unless they're desperate to get or keep Ones moving, Halo 3 Anniversary would be too late at that point. We're near the next gen switchover by the time 2017 rolls around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom