• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be that ntkrnl has legit info (H2A, white XB1, etc.) but has moved on to making shit up and trolling.

That's what im thinking beginning with the H5 beta, December right after H2A in november and wayyy before H5 in fall 2015 seems way off point, and i highly doubt they have 6-8 functioning maps by now. Especially if they're "huge". I'm skeptical and hopeful for different things. This hurts my heart and brain haha

Damn. Xbox One this Fall for me, I guess. I'll probably keep my PS4 for multiplats, but maybe not.

Edit : That article says they've only verified the system update and the white XB1. Oh, and there's an XB1 with no disc drive bring tested.

If just Halo 2A is true, then I don't know if I could resist. Halo 3 and 4's campaigns would be icing (except half the icing would taste only ok and be full of quicktime events).

It's going to be a graveyard of crushed dreams in here if these leaks prove false. Really hoping it is true.

It's been a graveyard of crushed dreams in here since September 14, 2010.

It's been a graveyard of crushed dreams in here since September 14, 2010.

House-Sad-Head-Nod.gif

Titanfall Xbone? I don't know what to believe any more. That thread has everything. Conspiracy theories. Real leaks. Ridiculous leaks. .gifs.

GG.

Yep, I should just go to bed, but I can't. And apparently the Titanfall Xbone is shooped or a concept depending on who you ask. Only time will tell over the next few months.

Whether this leaker is legit or not, she/he has captured the imaginations of would-be Xbox One customers far more effectively than Microsoft's official PR apparatus.

Yep, I've seen FAR more "I'm going to be getting an Xbox One/so glad I have an Xbox One (if this is true)" today than I have since the Xbox One was announced.

Whether this leaker is legit or not, she/he has captured the imaginations of would-be Xbox One customers far more effectively than Microsoft's official PR apparatus.

HTupolev

Unless you're talking about the 640p business?
Well, yeah. Even if this content were perfectly supersampled (lol), you still wouldn't be taking full advantage of the lowest-res "HD" displays.

69SEz7i.png

But on a slightly more serious not, this is Halo 3 we're talking about. I love how the game looks, but I'm not going to go around saying it has good image quality. Especially considering that it's obsessed with unfiltered thin specular highlights; despite pushing over twice as many pixels as Halo 1, the overall image instabilities are arguably substantially worse. A 1080p port would meaningfully improve how the game looks, especially if it filled out that higher rendering res with higher-quality textures and some aniso.

These leaks are now getting a little.. out there? I assume the Halo 2 Anniversary bit is true, but the rest of the details seem questionable.

He just posted this:

ZYkGWFc.png

Starting to believe again.

So this is cool, Destiny's PS4 exclusive content is timed release as previously believed after all.

Cool, glad to see that.

1548089_10151920424741149_1363056996_o.jpg

From a recent Destiny build.

I thought that was a BR at first.

But dammmmnnn, looking good.

With pretty much every Xbone multi-plat being shat on by the PS4 counterpart, is anyone besides Speedy actually going to get the Xbone version of Destiny? I mean, assuming you own both consoles.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Can we keep Destiny pics out of this thread? Or link to them or something?

Edit : I'm cool with MP pics being posted, but not PvE stuff. Maybe even that's too much to ask, tho.

With pretty much every Xbone multi-plat being shat on by the PS4 counterpart, is anyone besides Speedy actually going to get the Xbone version of Destiny? I mean, assuming you own both consoles.

I'm getting it on both consoles. :p Xbox One is where I'll mainly play the game, and PS4 to play the timed DLC while I wait for the Xbox One to get the DLC.

And PC if we ever get a port. :p

Omni

I'm getting it on Xbone... If only because I don't want to pay for two subscription fees as I imagine I'll want to play Halo [x] on Xbone too.

Obscured

I'll probably get both. For the xbox side, most of my friends list is on xbox live, so I'll have a group to run with from the start. The xbox is hooked up to my main entertainment area, so when I can I'll play there.

On the PS4 side I want to play the exclusive content (though that may not be as much of a consideration if it is just timed exclusivity) and it is hooked up in the office for late-night gaming sessions.

I'm also curious about comparing the two versions and Destiny looks like one of the few games I'd be willing to do that with. I'm not overly concerned with the power difference in the two consoles, I'm mainly interested in how it will translate to games in ways that I will notice and the experience I'm getting when using the consoles. Even though I haven't had as much to play as I would like, I'm really happy with both of them so far, but I'd like that personal point of comparison.

belushy

Banned
I guess all these other ports explain why Halo 5 is pushed back a year. They needed a lot of extra time since they were pulling this stuff together. I still think it is weird that it is Halo 3 and Halo 4 that are getting ported, and not CEA, Reach, and/or ODST.

edit: Oh, and there is this. He said he doesn't know when the Halo 5 beta date is, so maybe it isn't in December like the other leaker said.

https://twitter.com/atPeteDodd/status/428785260357107712

El_Chino

I guess all these other ports explain why Halo 5 is pushed back a year. They needed a lot of extra time since they were pulling this stuff together. I still think it is weird that it is Halo 3 and Halo 4 that are getting ported, and not CEA, Reach, and/or ODST.

edit: Oh, and there is this. He said he doesn't know when the Halo 5 beta date is, so maybe it isn't in December like the other leaker said.

https://twitter.com/atPeteDodd/status/428785260357107712
I'm hopping on that Halo 2 War collection so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom