• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
Yeah. Now that I look at it... yeah it reminds me of the Stormtroopers.
Great question...I shall not eat it then.
Good (insert emperor GIF here). One up from a storm trooper how about this:
lego-star-wars_2011462e.jpg

Imagine having the imperial march playing as it turned on. Battlefront 3 is finally happening but it's EA :(.

We should create a list of what people think is necessary in a lobby before even setting a pen to paper or a mouse to an artboard. What do players want, what do noobs need, what to devs want to encourage.
My wish list:

• gametype information:
    - Scoring
    - conditions of scoring (Flag at Home, Bomb timer, etc)
    - Time limit (round based?)
    - Starting weapons
  • Map Selections, if custom allow for custom picture
    - once map is chosen and is in the loading stage, full screen overhead heatmap will appear to showcase power weapons.
  • player information relevant to gametype/playlist (highlighting player will bring up small card with the following, plus maybe a picture):
    - Playlist Rank
    - Win %
    - Games Played vs. Games Completed
    - Assist %
    - selecting player would bring up further information

How it's laid out is up to someone more adept at these things and also not at work.

The importance of a simple grid is consistency across multiple pages, screens, etc. Let's say I want 5 rows and 5 columns with about 20 pixels of gutter and outer margins of 40.
Here are some possible layouts all keeping the same grid.

xZoR8Sg.png

bkbyt1q.png

mUDlGcW.png
How would you lay out the above information? Do you feel that it's enough/too much?

Akai__

I wonder. if that's the reason, why 343i didn't announce the final name for the Next Halo game? It kinda makes sense, with all those leaks, but I'm still a little bit sceptical. If those Halo 3/4 ports are happening and are in fact comming with the Halo 2 War Collection, it will be a pretty busy year for 343i and their partners.

I also wonder, when they made that decision? Maybe, when Corrinne Yu and others left 343i and others started to join? They are also hiring a new writer, according to the latest Bulletin.

I don't know guys, something about this sounds fishy to me... I want to believe this.

Edit:
Yo fighting game guys, New Guilty Gear Trailer/Intro is awesome

That announcer voice sounds very familiar.

TheOddOne

I wonder. if that's the reason, why 343i didn't announce the final name for the Next Halo game? It kinda makes sense, with all those leaks, but I'm still a little bit sceptical. If those Halo 3/4 ports are happening and are in fact comming with the Halo 2 War Collection, it will be a pretty busy year for 343i and their partners.

I also wonder, when they made that decision? Maybe, when Corrinne Yu and others left 343i and others started to join?

I don't know guys, something about this sounds fishy to me... I want to believe this.
Publishing team, who were behind CE remake and other outside developed games, are probably behind this project. The internal game development team within 343 is its own separate entity.

GreyWind

HaloUiexperiment.png

I'd like to say that I'm not a pro in making UI/UX design. Here's one of my first concepts. Last time I posted, I suggested how I was a fan of the top hero banner that displays the map in Custom games, well I tried to combine that with 3/Reach's design and this was the result. I know I'm missing a bunch of stuff but WIP I guess.

I posted this yesterday but with all the rumors and leaks it got buried. Would be nice to get some feedback, I'd like to continue working on it.

Akai__

Publishing team, who were behind CE remake and other outside developed games, are probably behind this project. The internal game development team within 343 is its own separate entity.

So your guess is, that Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity are working on those and 343i is working on Halo 5? Because, that would be my guess aswell, if this is really true.

Also, Spartan Assault is comming tomorrow for the Xbox 360. HBO was right.

Edit:
I posted this yesterday but with all the rumors and leaks it got buried. Would be nice to get some feedback, I'd like to continue working on it.

Looks good to me, but where is the preview picture for the map?

So i wasn't on GAF for most of yesterday and I have a few questions:

They are this:

Is Halo 2A real?
Is it likely?
Was the all a trap for this cboat guy?
Who was cboat? I've heard his name a lot but never knew who he was

Mistel

Banned
It's alright a bit dark though background wise, it reminds me of halo 3 UI.

Off topic but I think I might have hijacked a thread with Uma Thurman pics.

Edit:
So i wasn't on GAF for most of yesterday and I have a few questions:

They are this:

Is Halo 2A real? apparently it's real
Is it likely? see above
Was the all a trap for this cboat guy? maybe especially after they went off the deep end ports wise
Who was cboat? I've heard his name a lot but never knew who he wasa leaker who had been around since 360 writes in a cipher to avoid detection
Answers in bold.

gAg CruSh3r

If all of this is true then... Microsoft take my money!!! H2A omg! With multiplayer! This day can't get any better! Halo 2 is my favorite multiplayer and if it has forge and better customization of game types. Mybodyisready.gif

Assuming Halo 2A is real:

343i, don't fuck this up. Give us the Halo 2 MP, just remove the super bounces but keep everything else the same.

This is probably your last chance with the hardcore Halo community (those of us that have been here since the beginning)

- I'd like to see what type of information you'd display for something other than Slayer.
- I like the concept of the map selection as a background, but I think it's a little too subtle for matchmaking.
- what's your plan for player information?

Since this all appears to be real now, I'm pretty pumped for two reasons.

1) We will be playing Halo 2 online again this fall. Best online Halo.

2) He said MS knows Halo fans were upset about Halo 4 and are going in a more classic direction with 5.

monome

holy lol at the leak.

terrible. but I'll buy Halo 2HD. 3&4 better be rather cheap.

hopefully "postponing" Halo 5 is 343i's chance at making a properly exciting game.

Episodic or Open-world. I thought any of these two ideas for Halo 5 in 2014 would have rekindled my love.
I like the idea of the year of Halo, but HD ports is a cop-off for such a well sponsored series.

Cow

Just played halo 4 after a long stint of halo 3. Never before has halo 4 seemed so obviously bad. Praying for H2A, I can't stand any of the shit in halo 4 anymore

Fotos

Not sure if someone posted this already but whatever.

That is the plan.

Let me reiterate some of the Halo stuff, as there is some confusion and I didn't lay all the cards down.

Two versions of H2A.

Collectors Edition with the Beta access, the Halo series (not the Blomkamp one)

War Collection with the above, as well as ports of Halo 3 & 4 for XB1.

He calls it the War Collection that includes Halo 2/3/4. The reason that Reach and CE are not in this is because they already had their own bundle. The Origins Bundle.

u9uA8s1.png

It makes sense how they would have the Origins and the War bundles.

IHaveIce

Banned

He calls it the War Collection that includes Halo 2/3/4. The reason that Reach and CE are not in this is because they already had their own bundle. The Origins Bundle.

u9uA8s1.png

Shit I forgot about the origins bundle..
This really makes sense, though why is ODST not in, or will it be a Halo 3 add on?

DeadNames

Banned

u9uA8s1.png

The War Collection?

Who comes up with this stuff? Christ, that's an awful name... Almost as bad as War Games ;)

ElRenoRaven

So reading the updates to the rumor mill I'm calling bullshit. First off doing H2A and porting 3 and 4. That just makes no sense. First off if you're going to have a Halo War collection would you also not want a port of Halo 1 Anniversary? That would only make sense. I mean why port all the others of the main series and not that one. Then lets say they bring them over with MP intact, You wanna talk about fragmenting the community. That would fragment it 5 ways from Sunday. So logically I could see them doing all the campaigns with no multiplayer on any of them. But again that's a lot of freaking work for a couple years post Halo Anniversary assuming they'd be outsourcing them.

So these don't add up. Do I think there will be a Halo 2 Anniversary? Yea simply because everyone wants one. But I don't see anything like the new rumors are saying. It just makes no sense.

Assuming Halo 2A is real:

343i, don't fuck this up. Give us the Halo 2 MP, just remove the super bounces but keep everything else the same.

This is probably your last chance with the hardcore Halo community (those of us that have been here since the beginning)

They should improve the sniper mechanics, Swipe Sniping was way too overpowered

Mistel

Banned
So these don't add up. Do I think there will be a Halo 2 Anniversary? Yea simply because everyone wants one. But I don't see anything like the new rumors are saying. It just makes no sense.
After a while it did go off the deep end, but some of it's been already confirmed, I also don't see the point in not porting the whole series if your going be only missing CEA, ODST, Reach and wars on a single console.

BXR/ super bouncing/ etc. you will be missed :'(.

Dub117

Im super excited for H2A. Hopefully the multi is done correctly! Anyone have the new member question link? I forgot where to go and the first page kills my phone

ElRenoRaven

They didn't fix it for vista though they did remove the super bounces.

Yup. If anything I see them doing what they did with H1 Anniversary and use a lot of the PC code. Hence I can see the button combos staying and super bounce being gone. That's assuming they actually do bring the multiplayer forward with it.

thenexus6

Mother of God.. would be cool if Marty could remix his music from Halo 2 - loved that score..

I do very much enjoy Neil Davidge music from 4 though, was a nice change. Probably my favourite thing about the game to be honest. Hope he does Halo 5 too.

Mother of God.. would be cool if Marty could remix his music from Halo 2 - loved that score..

I do very much enjoy Neil Davidge music from 4 though, was a nice change. Probably my favourite thing about the game to be honest. Hope he does Halo 5 too.

I hope that Tom Salta and Kazuma Jinnouchi team up for the next product, next to Marty and Michael, they would be my dream team for the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom