• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

Mother of God.. would be cool if Marty could remix his music from Halo 2 - loved that score..

I do very much enjoy Neil Davidge music from 4 though, was a nice change. Probably my favourite thing about the game to be honest. Hope he does Halo 5 too.

I really don't.

He's good, don't get me wrong. But none of the OST from Halo 4 sounded like it was from a Halo game. Now I know that this naturally leads onto a conversation about what constitutes as "Halo" sounding music, but you get what I mean. Monks, man. We need moar monks.

didnt know theres a introduction guideline, so heres mine

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
Reading neogaf irregulary since about 2010, registered since 2013.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)
I'm 25 and from germany.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
I'm a Halo fan since i first read articles back in 2010. I played all games, read most of the books and watched the movies/shows.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
Campaign is the most important thing to me, but i played a lot of firefight and multiplayer too. I forged some maps in Reach, e.g. remakes of Counter-Strike maps and H4s Haven, but besides I was rarely in forge mode.

What is your favorite playlist?
Invasion was a lot of fun in Reach, so i'll go with that. Besides BTB and Team Slayer

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
I'm leading the most active german Halo fansite HaloOrbit.de (mabye someone remembers the armory collection pictures pre-H4-relase), before that I worked on another Halo fansite in germany.
Besides Halo and videogames, my passion is sports, I'm kickboxing, cross-training and bouldering a lot in my freetime. I also play e-guitar from time to time

"Please note that none of the below statements have been confirmed by Microsoft. IGN has reached out to try and verify what we can, but until then do not take any of the below as fact."

H3/H4 ports sound fake as hell.
That's the big think that make the rumors sounds unbelievable for me too.

Mistel

Banned
I really don't.

He's good, don't get me wrong. But none of the OST from Halo 4 sounded like it was from a Halo game. Now I know that this naturally leads onto a conversation about what constitutes as "Halo" sounding music, but you get what I mean. Monks, man. We need moar monks.
Davidage music doesn't suit halo at Kazuma's work was miles better than his. Hopefully the monks do return along with more halo styled soundtrack.

Who would honestly buy a H4 port?

Dub117

Thanks Gundam and Stormtrooper

Just got approved today, lurked since late 2010.

25, Texas

2001, played and beat them all, read some of the books

Split between campaign and multi.

Always love some multi-team, but team slayer is where i spend most of my time

I'm a single father, mechanic about halfway through college for computer programming. I like guns, cars, RC cars, and video games. Been lurking forever, looking forward to joining in here and gaming side.

m23

Halo 3 and Halo 4 ports will most likely be just campaign stuff. Halo 2 which will have multiplayer, as confirmed by this guy will probably be using a newer engine similar to CEA multiplayer. There is no way we are getting the original mutiplayer system.

Can someone explain to me what the hell exactly happened with CBoAT?

Nothing. Much ado about nothing. Famous Mortimer tweeted this morning that CBoAT is fine.

EDIT: Some people were speculating that CBoAT was fed false info about the texture res in TitanFall, so that MS could track him down if he went public with it. But, it appears that most of the insiders on GAF heard the same thing as CBoAT, so there's nothing to that.

Halo 3 and Halo 4 ports will most likely be just campaign stuff. Halo 2 which will have multiplayer, as confirmed by this guy will probably be using a newer engine similar to CEA multiplayer. There is no way we are getting the original mutiplayer system.

Mortimer said that he would guess that MP would probably be a newer engine similar to CEA, but that he didn't know and hadn't heard anything on that.

The situation for a hypothetical H2A is very different from that of HCEA. CEA was based on a game that offered no online play, had no netcode or matchmaking structure, etc. They would have had to put all that stuff in from scratch. Plus, they had a game in place with all of those things and a nice population in Reach, so they decided to fold the MP into Reach instead.

None of those things are factors for H2A and the XB1. Not saying that we'll get a perfect port of H2's MP for H2A, but it's definitely too early to jump to any conclusions.

Chettlar

Banned
Nothing. Much ado about nothing. Famous Mortimer tweeted this morning that CBoAT is fine.

EDIT: Some people were speculating that CBoAT was fed false info about the texture res in TitanFall, so that MS could track him down if he went public with it. But, it appears that most of the insiders on GAF heard the same thing as CBoAT, so there's nothing to that.

Yeah, I wasn't sure what the deal was. Thuway said several times what he said is legit, and, even if Thuway isn't always correct, the fact that he heard something about this independently of buttocks demonstrates that this wasn't a ploy to get le train of buttocks.

Why wouldn't they add online to all of them? It wold make no sense.

I'd much rather a remake of the trilogy as a whole, made into one focused multiplayer experience. H2A sounds fun and all, but let's be honest here, there are many ways to improve it if they're really adding new elements to the game.

No idea if that means new features, new gameplay elements, etc., but H2A being remade exactly as it was wouldn't be my ideal scenario. There were some great additions to the sandbox in Halo 3+ (including what was removed from CE) that obviously weren't in Halo 2 (Chopper, Grenade Launcher, less aim assist, some maps, plasma stun, etc.), so including these would be the best path taken for the multiplayer component of H2A at least.
I can already see day 1 online on halo 2. All those years of playing halo 2, shitting on scrubs who never played before will be glorious. The one shooter I was ever actually good at
Halo 2 did all the aiming for you, so now imagine people who were good at CE, H3, Reach or H4 playing H2A if they don't adjust the aim assist?

4sk's everywhere.
I don't know whether to be excited or not, is it coming is it not, will it have MP will it not.

To many UNKNOWNS, i just want to play halo :(
But only one that counts.

Chettlar

Banned
Why wouldn't they add online to all of them? It wold make no sense.

Wouldn't that really split the playerbase? Then again, there are so many people who want to play Halo each would still get a decent chunk, I would think.

---

I wonder something else, though. How would achievements work for this kind of deal? Would they all be together?

How does this normally work with bundles? Like the origins bundle for instance.

Chettlar

Banned
Got to give you some kind of reward :p. Halo 4 has some truly awful achievements that encourage the wrong kind of game play.

That's so unfortunate. The whole purpose of achievments should be to encourage players to do cool and awesome new things they wouldn't have thought to do or decided not to do normally. Like, if we make this super simple, I rarely would try higher difficulty settings on a game when I was playing on PC, but then I got an Xbox and, "man, that achievement," so I started doing it more, and I'm glad I did.

Achievements are supposed to encourage you to get better and play better, not worse. I mean seriously, who says camping is a good thing?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thanks Gundam and Stormtrooper

Just got approved today, lurked since late 2010.

25, Texas

2001, played and beat them all, read some of the books

Split between campaign and multi.

Always love some multi-team, but team slayer is where i spend most of my time

I'm a single father, mechanic about halfway through college for computer programming. I like guns, cars, RC cars, and video games. Been lurking forever, looking forward to joining in here and gaming side.

Welcome good sir! We've got a decent amount from Texas in HaloGAF.

Has Frankie been around since these "leaks:

Halo 2 sounds nice but not at the expense of Halo 5. I knew all that turnover meant something. Sounds like maybe they went back to the drawing board on Halo 5.

Still pissed though, I would have waited on the Xbox One.

There is.... another.

Tashiiiooooootoooo kuuuunnnn

EDIT:

starwars5_clip19.jpg

Dub117

Thanks Tashi
What, a Texan that is into guns?? Well, I never...
Hey, my friends and i like to go to the range and hunt. Nothing wrong with that! I guess it's a southern thang. They also like to dong on me with snipers in halo, though i can out BR them. (Usually)

Wouldn't that really split the playerbase? Then again, there are so many people who want to play Halo each would still get a decent chunk, I would think.

---

I wonder something else, though. How would achievements work for this kind of deal? Would they all be together?

How does this normally work with bundles? Like the origins bundle for instance.

Yea but why would that matter at this juncture? They are older games,not new titles.

Caayn

Speaking of achievements, why does Halo 4 have an achievement for camping?
Halo 4 achievements encouraged everything except playing the game how it should be played. But to be fair Halo multiplayer achievements were never really good, imo. If it was up to me I'd banish all multiplayer achievements in every game. As they tend to screw up matches when people desperately go for them.

Right now I'm a bit mad that 343i is releasing the 360 version of SA. While there are still bugs, that have been around since the original W8 release, in the W8/WP8/XB1 versions of the game.

Halo 2 sounds nice but not at the expense of Halo 5. I knew all that turnover meant something. Sounds like maybe they went back to the drawing board on Halo 5.

I think it's good that 343i takes their time with the next Halo game. It's something that we don't see too often with game devs :( So kudos to Frankie and co @ 343i for taking their time with it (if the rumor is true)

Chettlar

Banned

What? Why? Halo 5 getting another year of development can only be a good thing.

Besides, famousmortimer said to an extent they are "starting over" with some things.

What? Why? Halo 5 getting another year of development can only be a good thing.

Besides, famousmortimer said to an extent they are "starting over" with some things.

Yeah, assuming the change of direction was for the positive. I guess you are right, I didn't read that entire thread.

Well shit, it's not like I am not going to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom