• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I wouldn't i'm in no rush to play 4 again. 2/3 I don't mind but 4 is a complete no no for me.

Playing halo 4 MM is fun if you have a team to play, sometimes the MM is unbearable to play but you have to company to blame the game, I can stand Reach playing solo but Halo 4 having a team is a must.

Chettlar

Banned
Yeah, assuming the change of direction was for the positive. I guess you are right, I didn't read that entire thread.

Well shit, it's not like I am not going to buy it.

Between Halo 2A, Halo 5, and Forza Horizon 2, the Xbox One shall be mine!

I'll wait for the 1TB version though. I'm hoping it's a Halo themed version, or at least, I hope there is a separate Halo themed version with 1TB of storage. 500gbGB seems just a bit too small.

Confirmation? would be cool to know the status of next gen halo at least.

I believe he's saying there is another Halo professional player on the team at 343 whether it be in testing or otherwise. I'm not for ravenously badgering him for confirmation of all that happened yesterday because he's more than likely not allowed to comment or anything on it even if true.

We'll find out in due time. We're getting a Halo title this year, so we just gotta roll with it until then. I want just as bad as anyone (played and loved the hell out of H2) to find out, but we'll get our answer in time :D

slrp

Caayn

So many bombs being dropped in this 24 hour span, hhhnnggghhh.
Well if one were to sum up the last 24 hours in gif form it would look something like this.
ibo43vqrF19QeB.gif

Chettlar

Banned
Confirmation? would be cool to know the status of next gen halo at least.

Just fyi, Stinkles is kinda sorta Frank O'Connor. So yes that is confirmation.

super bouncing, sword lunging and rocket jumping pls

They had better have rocket jumping. Halo being physics based like that has always been part of the appeal for me. If you want to do something, then just figure out how using the game's physics. Rocket jumping/grenade jumping is the bomb.

Homeboyd

Aw come on we all are glad a HaloGAF member is also on the tester team, but sadly you didn't win any tourneys yet so people know you :(

What I'm trying to say is, form team 343 and beat everyone in those Halo 2 Anniversary tourneys
Just admit you hate domino already. We all know the truth.

Between Halo 2A, Halo 5, and Forza Horizon 2, the Xbox One shall be mine!

I'll wait for the 1TB version though. I'm hoping it's a Halo themed version, or at least, I hope there is a separate Halo themed version with 1TB of storage. 500gbGB seems just a bit too small.

You can bet the house on a Halo 5 themed Xbox One.

Just fyi, Stinkles is kinda sorta Frank O'Connor. So yes that is confirmation.

They had better have rocket jumping. Halo being physics based like that has always been part of the appeal for me. If you want to do something, then just figure out how using the game's physics. Rocket jumping/grenade jumping is the bomb.

Confirmation of what? Looking through that thread it does look like this has a little bit more meat than usual.

Although I dont get the Halo 3/Halo 4 port. Like HD remakes? MP included?

There is.... another.

"There is another... Skywalker." Is how that quote ends.

Sky + Walker
Sky = Blue
Walker = Texas Ranger

In Power Rangers, the Blue Ranger's secret identity was Billy Cranston.

In season 3, episode 28, "A Chimp in Charge", Billy is tasked with creating a blue chemical that will turn The Sinister Simian back into a monkey.

The character "Billy Cranston" was named after Bryan Cranston, who voiced some of the monsters in the early seasons of Power Rangers.

Bryan Cranston plays Walter White in Breaking Bad.

Walter White = W. W.

343 hired wwm0nkey to make Halo 2 anniversary

Homeboyd

Sky + Walker
Sky = Blue
Walker = Texas Ranger

In season 3, episode 28, "A Chimp in Charge", Billy is tasked with creating a blue chemical that will turn The Sinister Simian back into a monkey.

The character "Billy Cranston" was named after Bryan Cranston, who voiced some of the monsters in the early seasons of Power Rangers.

Walter White = W. W.

I just spit out my protein shake.

I drink protein shakes bc I stay jacked.
#rockinpecsovaherebreh

Chettlar

Banned
You know though guys, that Halo 2, 3, and 4 all in one bundle isn't exactly unprecedented:

Thought I REALLY hope 343 aren't total jerks and make Halo 3 and 4 download only like Sony did with the above package. Make them all physical pls!!!

Sky + Walker
Sky = Blue
Walker = Texas Ranger

Walter White = W. W.

Impressive...most impressive.

Chettlar

Banned
Confirmation of what? Looking through that thread it does look like this has a little bit more meat than usual.

Looks like I misunderstood and thought he didn't know Stinkles knew what he was talking about. I also misunderstood that he misunderstood precisely what Stinkles was confirming.

Although I dont get the Halo 3/Halo 4 port. Like HD remakes? MP included?

Halo 2 Anniversary (HD remake)
Halo 3 port (likely with 1080p, AA, etc.)
Halo 4 port (same)

That's what he said anyway. Taking this all with a grain of salt, but I'd be all for it so long as none of it is digital download only.

Ok, but the bolded is what bet's me most excited about the Halo 2 Anniversary:

A bunch. I'm gonna take it a little easy because I'm sure someone is, or will be pounding their fist into a mahogany desk overlooking the Redmond campus.

What has me excited right now is the revisiting of Halo. So later this year we're gonna get Halo 2 Anniversary edition WITH ALL SORTS OF SHIT. On Xbox One. November 11th!

When I made the post about the PM, everybody kind of paid attention to the first question I asked about the 60 fps (which I admit bummed me out; I think the entire bundle should be 60 fps).

But everybody forgot to pay attention to the second question: "What does [the bolded] mean?"

And he responded with "Can't say a whole lot now, but they're doing a TON OF SHIT to it." (paraphrased off the top of me).

THAT get's me excited. What could it mean? Longer campaign? Cut vehicles and weapons? WHAT?!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Domino is a pretty boss player, but testers generally have pretty much fuck all say over a game's direction.

"Hey this is broken"
"Cool, we'll fix it."

"Hey this system is pretty shit, no one likes it."
"Go find bugs instead."

AvalonX

Neo Member
Looks like I misunderstood and thought he didn't know Stinkles knew what he was talking about. I also misunderstood that he misunderstood precisely what Stinkles was confirming.

Halo 2 Anniversary (HD remake)
Halo 3 port (likely with 1080p, AA, etc.)
Halo 4 port (same)

That's what he said anyway. Taking this all with a grain of salt, but I'd be all for it so long as none of it is digital download only.

Ok, but the bolded is what bet's me most excited about the Halo 2 Anniversary:

When I made the post about the PM, everybody kind of paid attention to the first question I asked about the 60 fps (which I admit bummed me out; I think the entire bundle should be 60 fps).

But everybody forgot to pay attention to the second question: "What does [the bolded] mean?"

And he responded with "Can't say a whole lot now, but they're doing a TON OF SHIT to it." (paraphrased off the top of me).

THAT get's me excited. What could it mean? Longer campaign? Cut vehicles and weapons? WHAT?!

yes I knew who stinkles was. I hated H4 and was really looking forward to see if they could rebound. Anyone not saying the teaser was not specific needs to watch it again. Its all forerunner, cloaked chief, etc. Every time I think these guys will get it they douche it up again. This is a clear bait and switch. the only new here is the Halo 5 is delayed a year, not that they outsourced some port of halo 2.

Spartan3PC

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
Joined October 2013. Been a lurker for a good few months before that.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)
20 Years old. Posting from Dublin Ireland.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
Been a fan since 2004. Got an original Xbox for my birthday that year with Halo CE packaged in. Never looked back after that.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
I've played the Campaigns more times than I can count, but once I got LIVE with Halo 3 I'm sure overall more time has been spent in Multiplayer.

What is your favorite playlist?
Have to say Team/Social Slayer, followed closely by BTB and Team Objective.

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)

- Apart from adding Stormtrooper on LIVE, I don't know anyone else outside of Gaf.
- Been a member on Bungie since 2007.
- Other games I play are Fifa, Gears, Mass Effect etc...
- That's about it really.

Oh and one more thing......Halo 2 is my favourite game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom