• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
Maybe FUNKNOWN iXi for the CE pistol lol.
Maybe he could give us this:
h2ce.jpg
As well.

"There is another... Skywalker." Is how that quote ends.

Sky + Walker
Sky = Blue
Walker = Texas Ranger

In Power Rangers, the Blue Ranger's secret identity was Billy Cranston.

In season 3, episode 28, "A Chimp in Charge", Billy is tasked with creating a blue chemical that will turn The Sinister Simian back into a monkey.

The character "Billy Cranston" was named after Bryan Cranston, who voiced some of the monsters in the early seasons of Power Rangers.

Bryan Cranston plays Walter White in Breaking Bad.

Walter White = W. W.

343 hired wwm0nkey to make Halo 2 anniversary
Best post in this thread.

Chettlar

Banned
You're right. Put the Assault Rifle back in and give us the proper start that Halo 2 should have had.I really do wish we could see the AR in Halo 2 though.Seems so weird that it just upped and disappeared.

I really hope they make that change. Again like I mentioned earlier, they are adding a "ALL SORTS OF SHIT" to it. I hope that's one of those things.

IHaveIce

Banned
SMG starts on KOTH Lockout Blue spawn, drop below get a pistol to dual weild, get to sniper tower and kill people who tried to get sniper.
Get the Sniper.

Sweep snipe- dominate, now get Sword or BR as secondaries.

Caayn

There is a glitch? Which achievement and how do I prevent it?
The achievement "Extra credit" is glitched if you've played SA on W8/WP8.

With the W8/WP8 version you can trigger it by doing a monthly challenge but the Xbox One version refuses to unlock the achievement.

Short version: if you play the game on more than one platform you're screwed, if you only play on only one platform you're safe and have nothing to worry.

Mistel

Banned
You're right. Put the Assault Rifle back in and give us the proper start that Halo 2 should have had.I really do wish we could see the AR in Halo 2 though.Seems so weird that it just upped and disappeared.
The AR start's haven't exactly been great in multiplayer why not BR starts instead?

Here's a thought for H2A: How about letting players choose between the BR or Carbine as their spawn weapon? I don't remember the shots to kill or kill time for the Carbine, but if they're making adjustments then they could make it a useful counterpart to the BR.
Maybe FUNKNOWN iXi for the CE pistol lol.
Maybe he could give us this:

As well.
Halo 2: CE would be the best starting point for H2A.
Yes they were. They had the Assault Rifle. ;p
AR couldn't snipe the Banshee like the H2 SMG ;]

At least in the case of a map like Lockout having BR starts essentially breaks a core dynamic of how the map is supposed to play (control the BR on one tower, sniper on the other.)

Oh please never return things like no BR starts and spawn killing for an entire match. I'm not against AR starts per se but always have precision weapon starts on competitive small maps with those sorts of sight lines.

Also has the Vertex free design book been posted before? Artists like Sparth collaborated to make a book about how to create game art. It is damned good to learn from or just very interesting insights to flick through.

http://kotaku.com/game-artists-will-show-you-how-to-be-a-game-artist-1511081466

thenexus6

I really don't.

He's good, don't get me wrong. But none of the OST from Halo 4 sounded like it was from a Halo game. Now I know that this naturally leads onto a conversation about what constitutes as "Halo" sounding music, but you get what I mean. Monks, man. We need moar monks.

True, I don't think Marty's music will ever be touched it is Halo. But I did enjoy H4 music too

Chettlar

Banned
I don't mind BR starts at all, but having them default would be horrible. AR + pistol ala CE would be great.

While I don't think the pistol should return exactly as it was, they really need to give that and the plasma pistol (Remember being able to kill a grunt in one fully charged plasma pistol shot?) some usefulness, but especially the magnum.

In halo 3, first thing I get rid of is the magnum, because I know it's rarely going to do me any good. The only instance I'm ever able to use it effectively is if I have a plasma pistol to takedown the shields first as a dual wield, the other guy is really bad, or he just has a pistol himself.

Guns should be useful. Otherwise, why are they there?

defghik

At least in the case of a map like Lockout having BR starts essentially breaks a core dynamic of how the map is supposed to play (control the BR on one tower, sniper on the other.)

BR starts break a core dynamic? Setups are just as important with BR starts - there were two classic setups on Lockout TS with BR starts, one was to have 3 people at Snipe tower and one at top blue, the other was to have a guy at window, a guy on Bridge/BR2, a guy roaming open ramp/BR1, and a guy roaming BR3 (preferably with sniper). SMG starts on Lockout (and every map, really) were horribly broken, it just turned into the team with control putting two guys at snipe tower and two at BR tower, to force the other team to spawn at blue over and over, where they have no options or weapons. Against two good teams, there was no "dynamic" to be had with SMG starts.

Here's a thought for H2A: How about letting players choose between the BR or Carbine as their spawn weapon? I don't remember the shots to kill or kill time for the Carbine, but if they're making adjustments then they could make it a useful counterpart to the BR.
I hope not, I want as few COD elements in the game as possible. They were pretty much equivalent weapons anyway, the Carbine was a 7 shot kill, which was just a fraction of a second faster than a 4 shot from the BR - 4 shots from the BR took less time than 8 Carbine shots, but more time than 7.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying the spiker is not useful but should still be there? That the spiker is useful and should not be there? What?

Not sure how that applies to my post.
I'm saying the spiker is useful and shouldn't be there. Halo 5: Spiker, Focus Rifle, Auto-Sentry starts.

ElRenoRaven

I remember being excited for the AR coming back in Halo 3. Then I played Halo 3.

I actually liked it in Halo 3. Hell I did decent with it. I've always done decent with it. Even in the Halo 1 days I was pretty good with it. Course I'm no pro who would strip the game down to one weapon if I could. Not saying you are mind you.

AR couldn't snipe the Banshee like the H2 SMG ;]

See already more balanced. lol

Tawpgun

BR tower is an example of a power position. The sniper tower is a lesser power position, but it has the snipe spawn on it.

Precision weapon starts is the only way I can have fun playing a match in Halo. AR starts were absolutley brutal in every game they were in to different degrees.

CE doesn't count because you could switch to your pistol (and the AR was more badass)
Halo 2's SMG's left you completley shitty on spawn desperatley trying to get a dual or a BR/Carbine, or a power weapon.
Halo 3 and Reach left you shitty on spawn having to resort to AR meleeing people. It was boring and frustrating
Halo 4's AR is powerful as hell, but the gameplay for it is so ZZZZzzzZZZz there is nothing interesting about AR firefights.

Mistel

Banned
A useful counterpart would be nice like the post turbo carbine, make it something worth using instead of just there.

1LiC3JP.png

Apologize.
The spiker was great fun to use it should come back in halo five (I can't be the only one who read that in a Mr Torgue voice)

This guy... And jokes... This guy.

Thems were jokes.
Sorry, that's kind of a problem sometimes when english is not your mothers tongue ;)

Best thing about H2A would definitely be the maps. Zanzibar, Burial Mounds, Coagulation, Headlong, Turf, Gemini, Midship, Ivory Tower,... Damn!

But i really hope if any of this is real, we also get player customization for spartans and elites, besides a some kind of cooperative firefight-like gamemode. and forge, what would be halo without forge!?

If 343 will be at RTX, me and Speedy are planning out shitty questions to ask during the Q&A.

EDIT: Just realized it's still about 6 months away looolllll. The Hype Train is in the station a bit early.

wwm0nkey

"There is another... Skywalker." Is how that quote ends.

Sky + Walker
Sky = Blue
Walker = Texas Ranger

In Power Rangers, the Blue Ranger's secret identity was Billy Cranston.

In season 3, episode 28, "A Chimp in Charge", Billy is tasked with creating a blue chemical that will turn The Sinister Simian back into a monkey.

The character "Billy Cranston" was named after Bryan Cranston, who voiced some of the monsters in the early seasons of Power Rangers.

Bryan Cranston plays Walter White in Breaking Bad.

Walter White = W. W.

343 hired wwm0nkey to make Halo 2 anniversary
*whistles*

(Would actually love the chance to work at 343)

1LiC3JP.png

Apologize.
Spiker is a unique weapon that should get some sort of added functionality instead of just being an alternate SMG/AR. Should stick people to walls like the Penetrator in F.E.A.R. or something.

But if they can't do anything interesting with it then give it the axe.

Mistel

Banned
Whilst on the subject of the Spiker did anything set it apart from the other automatics? like higher damage for slower fire rate other than that lack of climb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom