• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chettlar

Banned
I'm saying the spiker is useful and shouldn't be there. Halo 5: Spiker, Focus Rifle, Auto-Sentry starts.

That still doesn't seem to have a lot to do with my post. The pistol is not redundant, and I was saying that if it's there, it should be useful.

I never once said a redundant weapon should be in the game. The magnum is not redundant, so I don't see why it is relevant.

Caayn

1LiC3JP.png

Apologize.
Ahhh the spiker. One of my favorite weapons. Dual wield spikers in CQC was amazing.

Chettlar

Banned
Spiker is a unique weapon that should get some sort of added functionality instead of just being an alternate SMG/AR. Should stick people to walls like the Penetrator in F.E.A.R. or something.

But if they can't do anything interesting with it then give it the axe.

They could easily tone the power down compared to the plasma pistol, and then up the melee power a bunch.

Would be super useful in closer quarters, I think.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That still doesn't seem to have a lot to do with my post. The pistol is not redundant, and I was saying that if it's there, it should be useful.

I never once said a redundant weapon should be in the game. The magnum is not redundant, so I don't see why it is relevant.
I was just joking, lol.

There is.... another.
Leia never did shit in the movies. I hope your new MLGuy/Gal will bring balance to the game, though.

Also, unless this remake is really extensive, I don't think all the glitches and exploits in 2 will be fixed. Some were just too engrained into the game mechanics, or else they would have been patched back in the day.

belushy

Banned
OK, this shit is way past me now, someone help. I thought it was just Halo 2 Anniversary, what's this Halo 4 port nonsense?

The leaker said there are two editions of H2A, the regular edition (he said the price was "probably going to be" $40. The second edition is called the War Collection, where you get Halo 3 and Halo 4 ports on Xbox One. He said that this will be the only way to get H3 and H4 on Xbox One, though.

TheXbox

The leaker said there are two editions of H2A, the regular edition (he said the price was "probably going to be" $40. The second edition is called the War Collection, where you get Halo 3 and Halo 4 ports on Xbox One. He said that this will be the only way to get H3 and H4 on Xbox One, though.
Alright I was worried for a second. I thought they would be porting Halo 4 as an excuse to bolster that game's population and skimp out on remaking MP again. Was anything said about Halo 3 MP being supported?

Dub117

Slightly OT but does anyone know if the march update will bring external HD support? Or should I wait for the 1 TB version. Need room for teh Haloz

Not any word on h3 or h4 multiplayer on the ports. Didn't they say CEA with the bundle too? It was a freak out shit storm, and I didnt catch it all.

m23

Slightly OT but does anyone know if the march update will bring external HD support? Or should I wait for the 1 TB version. Need room for teh Haloz

Not any word on h3 or h4 multiplayer on the ports. Didn't they say CEA with the bundle too? It was a freak out shit storm, and I didnt catch it all.

No, Halo 2 Anni. will have two versions. One with the game, beta access to Halo 5 and the TV series. A collectors edition will include all that plus ports of Halo 3 and Halo 4.

All this is assuming it's all even true.

TCKaos

Anybody know which file in Halo CE PC I'm supposed to put the DSFix files?

Help would be appreciated.

Halo CE being a separate (but free and official) product from Halo PC. Halo Custom Edition is the awesome version built specifically for playing custom maps where Halo PC is just the PC port of Combat Evolved.

I feel that should be clarified, just because there's usually confusion there.

Chettlar

Banned
Open sauce for Halo CE

Dsfix is for Halo 2 PC

Oh that's right.

Is Open Sauce only supposed to work on CE?

Also, how do I change where open sauce is installed? I don't have CE in the normal installation location. And if there's no way to change where it's installed, where does it think CE is installed?

wwm0nkey

Oh that's right.

Is Open Sauce only supposed to work on CE?

Also, how do I change where open sauce is installed? I don't have CE in the normal installation location. And if there's no way to change where it's installed, where does it think CE is installed?
I think you can choose where its installed when you launch it.

Also I will re-upload some of the Halo 3 remixed maps for open sauce soon. Its the CE maps with Halo 3's weapons that look and work exactly like they do in Halo 3.

Chettlar

Banned
I think you can choose where its installed when you launch it.

Also I will re-upload some of the Halo 3 remixed maps for open sauce soon. Its the CE maps with Halo 3's weapons that look and work exactly like they do in Halo 3.

I ran the excutable, got this message after accepting the license agreement:

"Unable to find Halo CE v1.09 via it's registry entry. Installation of the OS runtime will not be available until you reinstall and update Halo CE."

I pressed continue, and it gave me an option to change which features are installed. Nowhere did I see where it wanted to install.

Originally it had this X beside "Opensauce IDE" which I didn't understand. So I tried installing it that way and then again later by changing it to the "Entire Feature" option.

Then it just let me install. No option to change the installation path.

Tawpgun

Regarding the leaks...

"Halo 2 HD
Halo 3 Port
Halo 4 Port
Halo 5

In the span of one year. "

Holy shit that almost seems like too much.

But I can see it happening. I doubt the MP would work on the Halo 4 and 3 ports.

Chettlar

Banned
Regarding the leaks...

"Halo 2 HD
Halo 3 Port
Halo 4 Port
Halo 5

But I can see it happening. I doubt the MP would work on the Halo 4 and 3 ports.

Again, not unprecedented at all. God of War Saga (5 games, FOUR of which were remakes in some capacity) came out in late 2012, with God of War ascension coming out in early 2013.

Parallel of that would be Halo War Bundle (3 games, all or which are ports, but only one of which is a remake) would come out in 2014, with Halo 5 or whatever it's called coming out in 2015 (early or late, I don't think he actually specifically said).

Regarding the leaks...

"Halo 2 HD
Halo 3 Port
Halo 4 Port
Halo 5

Not much at all. Every game should be on xbox one from the og xbox and xbox 360 if possible. Its weird that CE is not there though, hopefully it will eventually to finish the collection on one platform.

Chettlar

Banned
Not much at all. Every game should be on xbox one from the og xbox and xbox 360 if possible. Its weird that CE is not there though, hopefully it will eventually to finish the collection on one platform.

I thought that was odd as well. I wish they had had a "complete collection."

Is it though.. is it?

I'm fully convinced that CE is their ace in the hole at this point. If shit ever hits the fan for this franchise,
Combat Evolved 2
will be the game to save it.

wwm0nkey

I ran the excutable, got this message after accepting the license agreement:

"Unable to find Halo CE v1.09 via it's registry entry. Installation of the OS runtime will not be available until you reinstall and update Halo CE."

I pressed continue, and it gave me an option to change which features are installed. Nowhere did I see where it wanted to install.

Originally it had this X beside "Opensauce IDE" which I didn't understand. So I tried installing it that way and then again later by changing it to the "Entire Feature" option.

Then it just let me install. No option to change the installation path.
Now you are talkingbabout Custom Edition right and not standard CE?

heckfu

Banned
On disc is more convenient for those with slow internet or caps on usage. Maybe some people like it?

Hey Funkown how about combat revolution or renaissance instead of evolved 2?

Boo. People should quit having shitty internet in 2014 so everyone can download games and not have to worry about disc switching.

heckfu

Banned
I have a good internet speed. I just like having physical discs for my consoles.

I mean that's fine but why on earth would anyone want a physical copy when they don't have to? Discs can get scratched or lost and you have to get up from what you're doing to change them to play something else.

It just seems so backwards. UNLESS you were talking about liking the box art and having a box which seems...better? But why someone would want physical over digital seems so silly.

Heckfu = Speedy?

How dare you.

Mistel

Banned
Boo. People should quit having shitty internet in 2014 so everyone can download games and not have to worry about disc switching.
That's a lot of infrastructure to change before full digital becomes feasible. And if your sad like me, I love organising cases and stuff in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom