• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Super Bowl got popular because

1) NFL is really popular in the US
2) It's marketed like hell
3) Other networks don't attempt to run anything against it, because they want it to stay valuable when it's their turn to have it, so TV is basically a wasteland while the Super Bowl is on
4) It's got Super in the name

That thread was insane. Nobody was prepared for all those bombs to drop like that. So worth it seeing everyone freaking out till it got locked. I'm still having a difficult time to process all of it. The fact that he was saying the months on when they release, the prices, and then mentioning a beta next year? It sounds too good and crazy to believe but it also makes sense except the whole porting H3 & H4. That I could probably see coming out years later maybe within a year after Halo 5's launch.

A lot of people were complaining to me how it's stupid for 343 to focus on past games in remaking them bcuz they should look forward on NEW Halos and remakes are a cheap way to dev rather continuing on the saga. I told them in a way they're wrong. B'cuz Halo 2 Anniversary is at the top for Demand that the majority halo community has been wanting more than Halo 5/Spin-off? And MS would be making that $$$ if they knew already sales will definitely do very well.

That thread was insane. Nobody was prepared for all those bombs to drop like that. So worth it seeing everyone freaking out till it got locked. I'm still having a difficult time to process all of it. The fact that he was saying the months on when they release, the prices, and then mentioning a beta next year? It sounds too good and crazy to believe but it also makes sense except the whole porting H3 & H4. That I could probably see coming out years later maybe within a year after Halo 5's launch.

A lot of people were complaining to me how it's stupid for 343 to focus on past games in remaking them bcuz they should look forward on NEW Halos and remakes are a cheap way to dev rather continuing on the saga. I told them in a way they're wrong. B'cuz Halo 2 Anniversary is at the top for Demand that the majority halo community has been wanting more than Halo 5/Spin-off? And MS would be making that $$$ if they knew already sales will definitely do very well.

Well if they really really wanted to sell them well, they would port them over but include some things that were cut.

Like in Halo 2 include the the Covenant ship level, the Forerunner tank level, the Flood Juggernaut, and so on and so on.

For Halo 3, just add the Guardian Forest and call it good. For Halo 4, actually integrate the terminals into the game(it seems like it could be such an easy fix) and if they expanded the final fight against the Didact I'm sure many fans would again be interested.

The Halo 3/4 stuff probably isn't necessary(aside from the terminals, IMO), but if they did that stuff for Halo 2 and called it the "Definitive Edition" or something, while also including that famous E3 demo to be played separately from the campaign, I guarantee Halo 2A would sell amazingly.

Well if they really really wanted to sell them well, they would port them over but include some things that were cut.

Like in Halo 2 include the the Covenant ship level, the Forerunner tank level, the Flood Juggernaut, and so on and so on.

For Halo 3, just add the Guardian Forest and call it good. For Halo 4, actually integrate the terminals into the game(it seems like it could be such an easy fix) and if they expanded the final fight against the Didact I'm sure many fans would again be interested.

The Halo 3/4 stuff probably isn't necessary(aside from the terminals, IMO), but if they did that stuff for Halo 2 and called it the "Definitive Edition" or something, while also including that famous E3 demo to be played separately from the campaign, I guarantee Halo 2A would sell amazingly.
Why aren't you working at 343? This is brilliant!
Would they go as far as to expand on a definitive edition? Would that take away time & resources from other Saga projects? Holy shit if they would really do this and fans would indefinitely buy them just for that alone.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
But it's so boring

jNFqw.gif

NFL is great, and Super Bowl means food.

Mistel

Banned
So it's kinda like the six nations then? Except with product adverts and mootching food off of people.

Rugby > American football.

Rugby sucks. I'm not even American and I love chilling with my friends, drinking a shit load of beers and watching the superbowl.

And people shitting on vinyl? What happened to this thread.

Madness

Why is the super bowl so important is it a national sport?

The NFL as a league solely in America, makes about as much money as almost all of Europe makes from football/soccer combined ie. UEFA.

It's a juggernaut and the Super Bowl is the largest media event of the year, with viewership easily over 100 million+ Americans at times. It's super popular in Canada too.

Mistel

Banned
I'm German and I watch the superbowl with friends.
I watch the hockey (NHL?) if it's on but I always end up missing half of the matches. I've got no understanding of the rules but it's fun to watch.

Halo 5 needs brute weapons back I miss the spiker.

Caayn

ARghh wanted to buy SA on the 360 only to find out that the discounted price is exclusive to the US for a month >.> Really, 343i!

Dub117

Haven't played Spartan Assault, not a huge Palmer fan, but is the story any good? I mean, I may pick it up (lol download) if it is worth it. . .

Chettlar

Banned
Do you guys think 343 will be able to make H2A 60fps

That's what I asked ntkrnl about, and he said 60 fps was possible but doubtful. :( 1080p for sure.

HaloGAF. HaloGAF never changes.

I will contribute this: I've become more of a believer in single-purpose devices as a means to eliminate distraction and thereby heighten an experience. Record players certainly do this.

EDIT:
Something something Wahrmth synesthete something something.

How would records have anything to do with being a synesthete?

Nebula

I hit the Tashi Ceiling with the Mongoose so much. The Overkill has pretty much always been present but I always realize way late or no shield them. :(

Tawpgun

What'cha got?

Castle Crashers
Bastion
Super Meat Boy
Rez HD ** Personal Favourite **
Pac-Man CE DX
Walking Dead
Shadow Complex
Brothers
Trials Evo
N+
Limbo
Braid
Skullgirls
Battleblock Theatre
Renegade Ops
Assault Heroes
Deathspank

are among my XBLA recommendations.
Ive always wanted to play Castle Crashers but its such a coop game and everyones already beat it...

Rez HD... I feel its not as good unless you're high or tripping on something.

Might try Braid or Brothers...

I'm also thinking of just waiting for a cool sale where I can get a full game for the money.

Football is awesome
The Superbowl is awesome

How does someone in America not think the superbowl is awesome.

Football is great! But I work at a local TV News station, and the super bowl is on our channel... I'm gonna be at work super late because of it. So it's not my favorite sporting event...

Luckily there will probably be food and there's a TV in my office.

Caayn

Haven't played Spartan Assault, not a huge Palmer fan, but is the story any good? I mean, I may pick it up (lol download) if it is worth it. . .
The story is bad. Lots of contradictions/plotholes and relies on the "everything is a simulation" cop-out. Gameplay wise it's a fun little twin-stick shooter that feels like Halo.

Mistel

Banned
The story is bad. Lots of contradictions/plotholes and relies on the "everything is a simulation" cop-out.
Is the whole thing a simulation? That's kinda bad writing if that's what you use to justify plot holes. I thought it was below the MS review criteria to remain on live, isn't like 55 on metacritic.

Is that Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom