• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we can definitely do that, but until it's confirmed as original MP (with tweaks obviously) we could just be wasting our breath.

Like that's not what we've been doing for months now... pretty sure there were just 5 pages of UI mockups that will never see the light of day.

I agree that the single weapons need to be balanced a bit better by uping their damage. It's just a matter of finding the right balance for them that doesn't decrease the viability of dual wielding. The H2 neddler would be a good one for such improvement.

Yeah, I think it's ultra-tricky, which is why it was basically a niche in 3 and ditched completely for Reach and 4.

EDIT: yay 100 post-per-page top-of-page. Have a thing I'm working on for Wahrer:

prime_rifle_shading_01_by_prinzeugn-d741z41.png

AvalonX

Neo Member
Avalon's tone in his posts is certainly overdoing it, but I can see where he's coming from. We've been lied mistaken to many times over the years.

That's all. why everyone is turning their nose to it is what I am bent about. maybe over the top a bit but acting as if this is not a complete lie is crazy. its not like I am the only one, how many people bought the xbox one thinking next gen halo in 2014. why would they think that?

belushy

Banned
That's all. why everyone is turning their nose to it is what I am bent about. maybe over the top a bit but acting as if this is not a complete lie is crazy. its not like I am the only one, how many people bought the xbox one thinking next gen halo in 2014. why would they think that?

We still don't know if these rumors are even true.

Madness

That's all. why everyone is turning their nose to it is what I am bent about. Maybe over the top a bit but acting as if this is not a complete lie is crazy. its not like I am the only one, how many people bought the xbox one thinking next gen halo in 2014. why would they think that?

Very few? I mean why would you be upset that an unannounced game, with no real promised title or release date, is theoretically pushed back a year, when you didn't really know if it would have been released next year or not.

My guess is, they anticipated stuff like this and rather than flat out lie, they purposely kept it vague. Additionally, would you rather they release another game that is rushed, or one they take their time on, have a beta etc.

Like that's not what we've been doing for months now... pretty sure there were just 5 pages of UI mockups that will never see the light of day.

So true man. hahah. But yeah, idk i hope they leave it mostly as is and once it comes out make tweaks from there ONLY IF COMPLETELY NECESSARY.

Improve graphics/netcode, ship it. that's all i ask.

Well, take out BXR because fuck BXR. Aside from that leave the superjumps if you want, I don't care.

I think button combos should be toggle-able and off by default in matchmaking unless there's an ultra-classic MLG playlist. At the very least they need an in-game guide or tutorial.

So true man. hahah. But yeah, idk i hope they leave it mostly as is and once it comes out make tweaks from there ONLY IF COMPLETELY NECESSARY.

Improve graphics/netcode, ship it. that's all i ask.

Yeah, I dunno. I think there's a lot of stuff that could obviously be fixed and no one could complain. But I wish it was still running on console so we could at least see what it's really like without rage memories or nostalgia goggles, since it's hard to be objective with stuff that happened like 7+ years ago.

Caayn

As I said before, I believe they just want Master Chief's story redone.
Imagine a Halo Trilogy anniversary. All three original Halo games. Bundled together into one massive campaign stretching from the first touchdown on installation 04 to the destruction of the Ark.

AvalonX

Neo Member
Very few? I mean why would you be upset that an unannounced game, with no real promised title or release date, is theoretically pushed back a year, when you didn't really know if it would have been released next year or not.

My guess is, they anticipated stuff like this and rather than flat out lie, they purposely kept it vague. Additionally, would you rather they release another game that is rushed, or one they take their time on, have a beta etc.

It was announced! its like a denial of an announcement. Your journey "begins" this is vague to you?

Halo-xbox-one-45.jpg

if anything that is more deceitful than anything to show a new story and content and show a release time knowing it was halo 2. 343 is not even doing halo 2, u know that is going to be outsourced. all they really need to do is let us know whats going on once in awhile and be truthful, is that so much to ask for?

Striker

Instead of whining about Halo 4, which has been out for like a year and a half, how about we talk about what changes to Halo 2 multiplayer we think would be okay.

I think they need to buff single SMGs, but nerf dual-wielding (maybe make the spread ginormous?). I think they also need to nerf the rockets against vehicles and maybe even add the splaser to compensate, or just make the PP freeze vehicles like in 3+. Speaking of the Plasma Pistol, if the noob combo works as well as it did I'll probably break another controller, just like I did back in the day.
God, no. Perhaps make the targeting for the Rockets track less on ground vehicles like the Ghost and Warthog, but make it normal for the Banshee. Whereas a Laser would be an easy button for any player, as it was in the hands of any player for Halo 3, Reach, and Halo 4. Plasma Launcher is ideal, but that won't happen. And EMP'ing stinks and does nothing but slow down the gameplay. Stop making vehicles super strong like the chaingun in Halo 3 and the Banshee with its fuel rod bomb, then you won't need to damage the gameplay with garbage like stunning a vehicle or adding in something like the Laser.

It was announced! its like a denial of an announcement. Your journey "begins" this is vague to you?

Halo-xbox-one-45.jpg

if anything that is more deceitful than anything to show a new story and content and show a release time knowing it was halo 2. 343 is not even doing halo 2, u know that is going to be outsourced. all they really need to do is let us know whats going on once in awhile and be truthful, is that so much to ask for?

I wouldn't be surprised if this was all due to high-level Microsoft pressure to have some new Halo to show for the Xbone launch, 343i's planned schedule be damned.

God, no. Perhaps make the targeting for the Rockets track less on ground vehicles like the Ghost and Warthog, but make it normal for the Banshee. Whereas a Laser would be an easy button for any player, as it was in the hands of any player for Halo 3, Reach, and Halo 4. Plasma Launcher is ideal, but that won't happen. And EMP'ing stinks and does nothing but slow down the gameplay. Stop making vehicles super strong like the chaingun in Halo 3 and the Banshee with its fuel rod bomb, then you won't need to damage the gameplay with garbage like stunning a vehicle or adding in something like the Laser.

Yeah, rockets should work the same against the Banshee more or less. Plasma Pistol freeze I think is reasonable as long as it's a smartly doted out map pickup, especially if vehicles are impervious to gunfire again. The Halo 2 chaingun could in turn use a little buff IMO, but nowhere near the super face melter version in 3.

AvalonX

Neo Member
gammasquadhaloxboxone2.jpg

Also this, my next journey is Halo 2? this is not lies?

If 343 would have come out at E3 and announced H2 anniversary with H5 beta we would have gone apeshits. but they lie so how can you trust them?

El_Chino

If 343 would have come out at E3 and announced H2 anniversary with H5 beta we would have gone apeshits. but they lie so how can you trust them?
My God, you have only vendetta out for 343i don't you?

TheOddOne

So what does "your journey begins" mean to you? The Halo journey is continuing on the XB1. Halo games are going to continue on XB1? Well shocking news indeed.

The fact that you conveniently disregard everything around it is kind of baffling.

Chettlar

Banned

Halo-xbox-one-45.jpg

I've said this numerous times.

THE TRAILER HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HALO 2.

No, it likely had to do with Halo 5 if they released this year, and if it didn't, about the TV SHOW, similar to how Forward Unto Dawn introduced Halo 4.

Caayn

No offense AvalonX but release dates often get pushed back and plans are subject to change over time. 343i isn't a god that can bend time to their will in order to give you your Halo game on time.
See it like this, they've pushed Halo "5" back because 343i wasn't happy with what they got so far. So they decided that they needed more time to create a Halo that we deserve instead of rushing it out of the door just to keep their "promise".
That might come for Halo 3's anniversary lol.
ibeDIqpItiClmS.gif

This is real. Not shopped, apparently.[/IMG]
Now you just stay there with the camera while I'll climb all the way up there, don't forget to take a picture.

Madness

Look man, you're getting heated unnecessarily. Yes it's not exactly ideal if these are the plans, but yes, I'm more excited to replay an HD reskinned Halo 2 with a possible alternate ending, than whatever the ancient evil/Halsey is evil/rogue Chief storyline is happening.

You're journey begins in 2014 on Xbox One, this could include the beta. That's really more of a vague statement than anything concrete and like I said would you rather they rush the game? Furthermore, everything this leaker said could have been bullshit, so we don't know and didn't really know anything.

This is real. Not shopped, apparently.

1tVXUjE.png

#12thman

No offense AvalonX but release dates often get pushed back and plans are subject to change over time. 343i isn't a god that can bend time to their will in order to give you your Halo game on time.
See it like this, they've pushed Halo "5" back because 343i wasn't happy with what they got so far. So they decided that they needed more time to create a Halo that we deserve instead of rushing it out of the door just to keep their "promise".
ibeDIqpItiClmS.gif

Now you just stay there with the camera while I'll climb all the way up there, don't forget to take a picture.

during Halo 4's production they had a working Classic style Halo but decided to scrap it, at that point 343 lost my respect and disrespected the Franchise of Halo.

m23

I hope we do get these announcements in Late February/March like the guy said. The wait would be too much if they weren't going to say anything til E3. But then again I think we would all get pretty worried if nothing was said about Halo until June.

Dub117

I, for one, would dolphinately wait until 2015 for H5 and would turtley play H2A until that came out! H2 is beast. I am stoked if the rumors were true, 3 years is a good main story cycle anyway. Would be excited for H5 in the fall as well, but either makes me happy.
Who cares if the date got pushed back. Happens a lot, even to Bungie with destiny. Which sucked but i'm gonna try titanfall for my spring game instead

Mistel

Banned
My God, you have only vendetta out for 343i don't you?
There's quite a big hint:
image.php

Seriously some one has quite a vendetta.

Yeah, I think it's ultra-tricky, which is why it was basically a niche in 3 and ditched completely for Reach and 4.
It is as it suffers from making either the weapons weaker so the balance when duel wielded is maintained. Or just removing it in place of having the single weapons itself that is the only solution I can think of for the needler for example.

Caayn

during Halo 4's production they had a working Classic style Halo but decided to scrap it, at that point 343 lost my respect and disrespected the Franchise of Halo.
I know, and please don't get me wrong. 343i isn't a studio that I respect, more the opposite in fact. I still don't trust what 343i promises us. I've spend more than a year being angry at 343i, I still am, burned through a lot of waypoint accounts fighting against them(mostly the mods) on waypoint.
But I've come to realize that it will never be like it was when Bungie was still around. And that endless rants, such as AvalonX's(sorry mate, but you just popped in my mind), don't solve a single thing. So I try to keep my hate down as much as I can and be constructive as much as I can.

I've said this numerous times.

THE TRAILER HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HALO 2.

No, it likely had to do with Halo 5 if they released this year, and if it didn't, about the TV SHOW, similar to how Forward Unto Dawn introduced Halo 4.
You could have said it numerous times, but most people aren't reading your posts.

The trailer only was to tease and to announce that Halo is coming to Xbox One 2014. If you had checked Bonnie Ross' wording at the announcement, you would have noticed she carefully only refers to Halo:
"Halo is an incredible universe built on the heroism of the Master Chief and the dedication and enthusiasm of its incredible fan base. Last Tuesday, we introduced Spartan Assault, a new Halo game designed from the ground up for Windows and it's playable on the show floor this week. We also recently announced the creation of a live action Halo television series with Steven Spielberg. Both of these experiences allow us to tell deeper richer stories across multiple screens. But today we here to announce Halo's debut on Xbox One. An Halo FPS for a new generation of hardware that will take full advantage of the power and flexibility of Xbox One. An Halo engine enhanced by the power of cloud computing, dedicated servers, and for the first time on console; an Halo experience that runs in a blistering(?) 60 frames per second. Alright! In 2014, Halo combat will truly evolve and your journey with Halo on Xbox One begins. Thank you!"
None of this say a new Halo game. None of this really refer to the next installment of the Reclaimer saga. Yes. Wording is still questionable.

Halo 2 can only be remade if it is literally untouched. Everything that was imperfect about it made it perfect, and it won't be the same unless all the glitches, superbounces, button combos, little easter eggs, and all our nostalgia remain. If they touch any of it, it isn't worth the time.

Halo 2 can only be remade if it is literally untouched. Everything that was imperfect about it made it perfect, and it won't be the same unless all the glitches, superbounces, button combos, little easter eggs, and all our nostalgia remain. If they touch any of it, it isn't worth the time.
I would say its multiplayer should be untouched, but the campaign? Can people please play Halo 2 again before posting? Play it right now. It is an great campaign, but compare it to Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 3? You would notice that its single player is as great as Halo 4's.

Omni

Yeah. I'm just dying inside every time I read someone suggest things like "put the AR in campaign", "change levels" blah blah blah.

^^^
And what in the world. There is no comparison between Halo 4's QTE snooze fest and Halo 2's campaign. Hell, I just finished playing it on Heroic a few days ago. Everything from the gameplay to the story is better than what we got in Halo 4. Most questionable element is the brutes, but I'd take those over teleporting OHK weapon carrying bulletsponges, any day.

I would say its multiplayer should be untouched, but the campaign? Can people please play Halo 2 again before posting? Play it right now. It is an great campaign, but compare it to Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 3? You would notice that its single player is as great as Halo 4's.

Who cares about the campaign? Halo 2's campaign sucked besides getting out of every map (which needs to stay) and Delta Halo. Halo 2 wasn't about the campaign, it was about the multiplayer. That said, I think campaign should be untouched, too.

For me, i really got trust issues with 343i right with Halo 4 in a big way. Just enjoy the following words about Personal Ordanances from Bulletin 7.6.12
"Personal Ordnance - As you earn medals, you fill up your ordnance meter. When that meter is full, you earn a reward drop for yourself from the Infinity. The reward comes in the form of three randomized power weapons, grenades, or powerups (two of the former, one of the latter). You can then choose which one you want, and the Infinity will drop the ordnance (if you’re inside, it will teleport in). You won’t get the highest tier power weapons (e.g., rockets) in personal ordnance, but everything you do get is powerfully awesome. And awesomely powerful. And everything in between. "
Oh yeah, I'm so glad they just changed their mind til release and that it will be much more fun when personal ordanance can give a Rocket Launcher, Binary Rifle, Incineration Ccannon, etc. Not like the game was totaly broken by this...

After teasing Halo 5 for 2014 so much with it's really mean when they finally say "We showed you how the story will go on with Chief doing lone wolf stuff on a search for some forerunner-thingy - But actually heres Bungies old game since we knew a lot of people would be disappointed when the lineup of xbox box would've been teasered by old Halos from Bungie"
Its kinda mean for people who bought Xbox One near launch knowing that Halo 5 is on its way in 2014, but actually it will release in 2015 when you get bigger harddrives etc in your xbox one...

Nostalgia Goggles to MAX

"6 hours of griefing in a single one bomb game was delightful, what are you talking about?"

"Host plasma bolts faster than the speed of light and to which walls are no obstacle? Sign me up!"

"I really like starting on Coagulation with an SMG, really adds to the feeling of scale."

Seriously, there are parts of Halo 2 multiplayer that were legitimately and irrevocably bad. The game wasn't just MLG Lockout on a good host.

Omni

Who cares about the campaign? Halo 2's campaign sucked besides getting out of every map (which needs to stay) and Delta Halo. Halo 2 wasn't about the campaign, it was about the multiplayer. That said, I think campaign should be untouched, too.

I definitely don't agree about the campaign sucking. The game has been out for almost 10 years and I still find myself returning back to it and having a blast playing through. To each their own.

but I like your conclusion, whatever the case

Nostalgia Goggles to MAX

"6 hours of griefing in a single one bomb game was delightful, what are you talking about?"

"Host plasma bolts faster than the speed of light and to which walls are no obstacle? Sign me up!"

"I really like starting on Coagulation with an SMG, really adds to the feeling of scale."

Seriously, there are parts of Halo 2 multiplayer that were legitimately and irrevocably bad. The game wasn't just MLG Lockout on a good host.

It doesn't fucking matter. You can't change it because it wouldn't be Halo 2 if they did. It would be some other Halo game that looks like Halo 2 with it's sounds and guns... but it wouldn't BE Halo 2.

I definitely don't agree about the campaign sucking.

Okay sucking was pretty harsh, but I replayed it with a friend about 6 months ago and well it wasn't the best XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom