• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

biRdy

If you want to subscribe to Xbox Music, make a playlist, and have it take 25% of the screen while you play, then yeah, I guess.

you don't have to subscribe to Xbox music, you can stream your own music from a pc. On Windows 8/8.1 just go to devices while playing music and select your Xbox. Or on Windows 7 right click a song in the file browser and click play to.

you don't have to subscribe to Xbox music, you can stream your own music from a pc. On Windows 8/8.1 just go to devices while playing music and select your Xbox. Or on Windows 7 right click a song in the file browser and click play to.
But I can't plug my phone into the console, make a playlist and play?

Or rip cds to the hard drive and make playlists?

Basic 360 soundtrack features are gone?

Vico

Well if they really really wanted to sell them well, they would port them over but include some things that were cut.

Like in Halo 2 include the the Covenant ship level, the Forerunner tank level, the Flood Juggernaut, and so on and so on.

For Halo 3, just add the Guardian Forest and call it good. For Halo 4, actually integrate the terminals into the game(it seems like it could be such an easy fix) and if they expanded the final fight against the Didact I'm sure many fans would again be interested.

The Halo 3/4 stuff probably isn't necessary(aside from the terminals, IMO), but if they did that stuff for Halo 2 and called it the "Definitive Edition" or something, while also including that famous E3 demo to be played separately from the campaign, I guarantee Halo 2A would sell amazingly.

Well, if Halo 2 Anniversary is a thing, I'd want all that, but I also hope it includes some sort of prologue to Halo 5. After all, they announced Halo on Xbox One with a scene that happens after Halo 4, while saying it's coming in 2014. And, I mean... If they show that, it has to be avalaible in 2014.

Sorry sorry sorry. Got the names mixed up, my bad. Omega isn't worth the purchase, Citadel is.

Ahah, dont worry. Seemed weird when you talked about it.

Caayn

Random but would you guys play Halo in a VR set up like this?
One step closer to real VR. It's to expensive and to clunky, but would be awesome to give such a thing a try.

Reminds me of the holo decks in Star Trek. Oh, what the japanese and MLP fans would do with that :p
But I can't plug my phone into the console, make a playlist and play?

Or rip cds to the hard drive and make playlists?

Basic 360 soundtrack features are gone?
Pretty much, yes. You're limited to Xbox music and PlayTo supported devices.

AvalonX

Neo Member
Well, if Halo 2 Anniversary is a thing, I'd want all that, but I also hope it includes some sort of prologue to Halo 5. After all, they announced Halo on Xbox One with a scene that happens after Halo 4, while saying it's coming in 2014. And, I mean... If they show that, it has to be avalaible in 2014.

Ahah, dont worry. Seemed weird when you talked about it.

Or at least announce a delay, again 343 shows what a terrible studio they are. destiny gets delayed, they announce. 343 delays, they pretend it was the plan all along. I'll tell you if Halo wasn't the game they make most of halogaf would regard 343 as one of the worse studios for the shit they pull.

wwm0nkey

One step closer to real VR. It's to expensive and to clunky, but would be awesome to give such a thing a try.

Reminds me of the holo decks in Star Trek. Oh, what the japanese and MLP fans would do with that :p

I just want to play a Halo game and have that "presence" effect kick in. That shit is fucking insane.

If you dont know what that is

Once all these meld, however, you are in for a wild ride. Once presence kicks in, you cannot stop your subconscious from feeling like it is real. You’ll feel vertigo. You’ll start sweating under the sun. You’ll get goosebumps in the cold. Once these low level functions of the brain are convinced, for all intent and purpose, you are in the game. The holodeck realized.

The demo valve put together here, they believe, is one of the first vr experiences on the planet to approach presence. You’ve read the impressions, people are blown away even if they can’t quantify why. Presence is why. Immersion is nothing compared to presence.

Just imagine listening to Cortana's sun speech in Halo 4 but actually being able to feel that sun when she is talking about her not being capable of feeling it.

Thanks for the info, but that's fucking stupid.

I'm guessing its the same for video? Can't use usb sticks to watch movies etc?

Hope they add this shit in. That and Netflix is like 90 per cent of my usage for 360

Vico

Or at least announce a delay, again 343 shows what a terrible studio they are. destiny gets delayed, they announce. 343 delays, they pretend it was the plan all along. I'll tell you if Halo wasn't the game they make most of halogaf would regard 343 as one of the worse studios for the shit they pull.

Yep. Wouldn't describe them as a terrible studio, but yeah, I'm still laughing at the fake "two-weeks trial" thing for the Halo 4 map pack.

Fuchsdh

You have no idea that wasn't their plan all along--they specifically kept it generic as "halo on Xbox One." Get your head out of your ass.

TheOddOne

Is this still a thing? People, take a step back and think for a second.

Might as well post my old reply here too:
If you have been following, after the Halo trailer at E3, nobody, from the developers to the publisher, wanted to confirm if it was the next Halo or even some kind of spin-off. It has been the discussion for months. The studio that created the trailer, Axis, uploaded the same trailer but this time it had Halo 5 at the end—the video was deleted, but can still be found through other sources. We now knew that the Halo trailer at E3 was edited. Then there are some other sources, such as environment artists and narrative designers who gave away that they were working on Halo 5. So why the secrecy? Everything pointed to Halo 5.

Now the leak happens, leaker says that H2 remake is coming. Well, now it makes more sense why the E3 trailer was so vague and why nobody really wanted to say what it was. That trailer also noted that “The Halo journey continues”, which could mean anything, the statement is vague enough to point out that all kinds of Halo games will continue on the XB1. Frankie, who visits HaloGAF (Not often enough, but that is another matter) does not beat around the bush about Halo—but even he did not once give us a nudge that the trailer was for Halo 5, even after the Axis video and other sources confirmed it. They wanted to keep this a surprise, because H2 will have its 10th anniversary—and that is a big deal to Halo fans, it’s one of the games that defined the Xbox and nobody is going to cry spilt milk for a HD remake of it.
And too add to that, the leaker said that Halo 5 beta would be included in the remake package.

Mistel

Banned
Shows you what I know when it comes to digital releases. :lol

Ah well.
Those that are available are arcade games that don't really fluctuate in price and generally limited in selection. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Yep. Wouldn't describe them as a terrible studio, but yeah, I'm still laughing at the fake "two-weeks trial" thing for the Halo 4 map pack.
That was handled poorly at least admit your mistakes (don't think there's enough time for 4) instead of passing of as intentional.

Vico

You have no idea that wasn't their plan all along--they specifically kept it generic as "halo on Xbox One." Get your head out of your ass.

You have to admit that showing what's happening after Halo 4 as the announcement of a game coming in 2014 would be pretty weird if it was really just a remake all along (then again, there is nothing else they could have shown if they wanted to keep the remake reveal at a later date). Unless it includes a prologue to Halo 5, obviously.

AvalonX

Neo Member

Who are you talking to? they show a trailer will all new things, continuing the story AFTER halo 4. What are you on about? Its ok to like a game or series but this blind 343 defense, oh they meant to do that is why the franchise is in the fuckin toilet. Name one other franchise that has to go back and make 10 yr old games to get their fanbase back. Name one thing they have done with Halo? Canon - ruined, DLC- poor handling, communication - piss poor. campaign - garbage soap opera with terminals you have to watch to even understand WTF is going on. Boltshot -wat?

multiplayer!!!!!

How about the first time they showed the game, u remember this?
halo4a.gif

Tell me again who has their head up their ass?

Fuchsdh

You have to admit that showing what's happening after Halo 4 as the announcement of a game coming in 2014 would be pretty weird if it was really just a remake all along (then again, there is nothing else they could have shown if they wanted to keep the remake reveal at a later date). Unless it includes a prologue to Halo 5, obviously.
I'm not arguing it's good marketing, but the trailer was clearly dumped out because Microsoft wanted Halo at the Xbox One. I think given the choice, teasing the future game seems like a better choice for mainstream gamers.

AvalonX

Neo Member
Is this still a thing? People, take a step back and think for a second.

Might as well post my old reply here too:

And too add to that, the leaker said that Halo 5 beta would be included in the remake package.

That reply is apologist. 343 is the only ones who treat their IP this way. Why all the secrets? If Halo 2 was so important (its not) than why not tease that? Why cant u just call it like it is? 343 got up there and lied again.

"Trust us"

TheOddOne

That reply is apologist. 343 is the only ones who treat their IP this way. Why all the secrets? If Halo 2 was so important (its not) than why not tease that? Why cant u just call it like it is? 343 got up there and lied again.

"Trust us"
This reply is hyperbolic and rage for the sake of rage. Maybe reading without preconceived notions might help, but I doubt you will put in the effort seeing your other replies.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

"Trust us"
We need an origin story here. How did you come to be filled with such scorn, oh noble warrior.

Assuming Halo 2 Anniversary has terminals..

Would it be interesting to tell two different stories?

Like having the 1st story revolve around the Vergil the New Mombasa A.I.

Then, 2nd you have the Monitor "Oracle" 343GS
And even fragment of Mendicant Bias (who's the A.I. aboard the Dreadnought Forerunner ship?

That would be interesting to witness untold stories in which it doesn't necessarily retcon the lore.

Madness

"Trust us"

Uh, I'm not understanding your issue here? They teased a 20 second footage of Chief in a poncho and said "Halo". They also said dedicated servers and 60 FPS. They've been purposely vague regarding it, and didn't even acknowledge the title as Halo 5. What do you want them to do? It seems like they decided that they'll release Halo 2 on its tenth year anniversary with an HD remake and have a beta for Halo 5 that comes the year after. They would have announced this in their own time. If it wasn't for the Activision lawsuit or the Destiny promotional materials leak, we wouldn't have known about Destiny until 2012 when Bungie was no longer dark about it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I would love to see what the Arbiter was up to during the events of Halo 1. He was trying to stop Chief and Cortana, but how?

And I'm always down for Gravemind's story to be expanded upon.

Ive always wanted to play Castle Crashers but its such a coop game and everyones already beat it...

Rez HD... I feel its not as good unless you're high or tripping on something.

Might try Braid or Brothers...

I'm also thinking of just waiting for a cool sale where I can get a full game for the money.
Get it for Steam and we can play it together. If you want to play with me. I can understand if not.

m23

I took that E3 trailer as a Halo 5 trailer considering he was holding Cortana's chain thing. Though I am happy with H2A instead this year and it gives them more time to polish up Halo 5.

Chettlar

Banned

"Trust us"

Oh my goodness there's a great big conspiracy. ...What is the problem with not telling us exactly what they're plans are? Are they being dishonest? They want to get us hyped for Halo, but not tell us exactly what it is so we can be surprised for when they do drop the bombs. How is there anything wrong with that? Can you think of a way they could do that differently?

Plus, what about the actual point. Like what about what really matters:

I took that E3 trailer as a Halo 5 trailer considering he was holding Cortana's chain thing. Though I am happy with H2A instead this year and it gives them more time to polish up Halo 5.

TheOddOne

I just watched Ender’s Game and it was a pretty great movie. Never read the novel, but after watching the movie I know where the Forward Unto Dawn mini-series and Halo 4 took some of its inspiration from. Also the industrial palette of the movie reminded me of Halo 4’s The Commissioning.

The movie had some cool ships too:

jynyueQpaFl5u.png

jHmEETeZIIe3Y.png

jbrOZxVltRJfde.png

jFCmpPiEr9zIF.png

He did hint that it will have MP, but didn't say if it was original MP or not.

It's honestly a no brainer that they SHOULD go with the original MP, that's what the fans want. But it scares me to death because I feel like they might go in another direction and I then will be consumed by an unhealthy amount of rage.

Halo 2 was to me, the best multiplayer online experience of all time, the maps were incredible as was the gameplay, its flaws made it what it was, if they do what they did with H2V and get rid of superbouncing and nothing else, I'd be soooooo happy.

He did hint that it will have MP, but didn't say if it was original MP or not.

I can't imagine it would be anything else besides the original MP (whether it's untouched, i.e. button combos, super jumps, etc, is another question). I doubt that it would be a rehash of Halo 4, since they know it wouldn't work, and Halo 4 is being ported for the XBO anyway, and it couldn't be its own thing, since Halo 5 is coming out a year later anyway. The only realistic possibility is that it would be probably be a retooled version of Halo 2 w/o the button combos and glitches of the original release (which to me, was 1/2 the fun. :/)

We need an origin story here. How did you come to be filled with such scorn, oh noble warrior.
Avalon's tone in his posts is certainly overdoing it, but I can see where he's coming from. We've been lied mistaken to many times over the years, so I can understand the dude's frustration and lack of trust with how Microsoft/Halo devs handle this franchise.
Weird, I didn't have that problem. Do you mean animations are slow, or just the movement and aiming in general?

Here is wwm0nkey's post with the Dsfix stuff... see if that helps.
Should help with the sluggish feeling.
I'll try this when I get home, thanks.

Madness

I can't imagine it would be anything else besides the original MP (whether it's untouched, i.e. button combos, super jumps, etc, is another question). I doubt that it would be a rehash of Halo 4, since they know it wouldn't work, and Halo 4 is being ported for the XBO anyway, and it couldn't be its own thing, since Halo 5 is coming out a year later anyway. The only realistic possibility is that it would be probably be a retooled version of Halo 2 w/o the button combos and glitches of the original release (which to me, was 1/2 the fun. :/)

Here's my issue with it, he said November was the release date and then said the Halo 5 beta was a month later in December and would be full featured 6 maps 'yadda yadda'.

Why would they introduce a beta so close to a major multiplayer release and why make it so full featured for a game that theoretically won't come out for almost a year later? It seems like they'd stick with November 2015 for Halo 5.

Maybe the beta would be the multiplayer portion of the game. Give Halo 2 reskinned HD anniversary campaign, Halo 3 and Halo 4 campaign port, and then a new multiplayer beta that is iffy on the 60 fps to last us a year before we get H5? Sounds pretty dumb I know, but if we're getting an updated Halo 2 multiplayer with reskinned but faithful maps and gameplay, why would I spend my time playing the H5 beta?

Instead of whining about Halo 4, which has been out for like a year and a half, how about we talk about what changes to Halo 2 multiplayer we think would be okay.

I think they need to buff single SMGs, but nerf dual-wielding (maybe make the spread ginormous?). I think they also need to nerf the rockets against vehicles and maybe even add the splaser to compensate, or just make the PP freeze vehicles like in 3+. Speaking of the Plasma Pistol, if the noob combo works as well as it did I'll probably break another controller, just like I did back in the day.

Vico

Looking back, I used to think the next Halo game wasn't called Halo 5 just because it wouldn't necessarily deal with the Didact and the big overarching story, even though it was the continuation of the Master Chief's story (for example, the game could just be about rescuing Cortana). Which would also coincide with the team hesitating in calling it Halo 5 or not up until the press conference. I still think it could be the case, but the Anniversary rumors are too insistent.

I just watched Ender’s Game and it was a pretty great movie. Never read the novel, but after watching the movie I know where the Forward Unto Dawn mini-series and Halo 4 took some of its inspiration from. Also the industrial palette of the movie reminded me of Halo 4’s The Commissioning.

I swear The Commissioning is so underrated (Birth of a Spartan too). You're the only one talking about it here. It's like it never existed. It's always about Landfall, We are ODST, Deliver Hope, Believe and Starry Night.

Those Ender's Game shots look great. I heard it sucks, but I'll add that to my list.

belushy

Banned
Here's my issue with it, he said November was the release date and then said the Halo 5 beta was a month later in December and would be full featured 6 maps 'yadda yadda'.

Why would they introduce a beta so close to a major multiplayer release and why make it so full featured for a game that theoretically won't come out for almost a year later? It seems like they'd stick with November 2015 for Halo 5.

Maybe the beta would be the multiplayer portion of the game. Give Halo 2 reskinned HD anniversary campaign, Halo 3 and Halo 4 campaign port, and then a new multiplayer beta that is iffy on the 60 fps to last us a year before we get H5? Sounds pretty dumb I know, but if we're getting an updated Halo 2 multiplayer with reskinned but faithful maps and gameplay, why would I spend my time playing the H5 beta?

Yeah the H5 beta stuff confused me. A full year before the game comes out? Somehow you already know the map count? Forge maps in a beta (I guess this isn't too weird if it is a new Forge mode that is actually a super awesome map creator)?

Instead of whining about Halo 4, which has been out for like a year and a half, how about we talk about what changes to Halo 2 multiplayer we think would be okay.

Yeah we can definitely do that, but until it's confirmed as original MP (with tweaks obviously) we could just be wasting our breath.

Sounds pretty dumb I know, but if we're getting an updated Halo 2 multiplayer with reskinned but faithful maps and gameplay, why would I spend my time playing the H5 beta?

I dont think the Beta will come that early to be honest, but if it does, the beta only usually lasts 3 weeks with Halo, that would leave us with another year until Halo 5. And the general consensus im getting from viewing comments/waypoint forums is that while people are excited for H2A (if it exists) they're also looking forward to new Halo, I'm willing to bet A HUGE MAJORITY would move over to the beta for 3 weeks then just go back to playing H2A since it wouldn't be going anywhere.

And like belu said above me, I think the beta details are far-fetched. Way too early for a beta if the release will be Q4 2015.

TheOddOne

I’m thinking those were roadmap dates, in which they want to launch it but is always subject to change. Halo 5 beta being pushed to next year would not be too surprising. Other concerns like title overlapping would also be a factor in pushing the beta to next year.

Seeing as the Titanfall XB1 bundle got axed because of budget concerns, it would not be surprising that the Halo 3 and 4 port would fall by the wayside—it was planned and they hoped to get it in but time or budget constraints prevented it from happening.

This is also a possibility, but a year long beat would be unheard of for a console shooter. There's got to be something else.

Mistel

Banned
I think they need to buff single SMGs, but nerf dual-wielding (maybe make the spread ginormous?).
I agree that the single weapons need to be balanced a bit better by uping their damage. It's just a matter of finding the right balance for them that doesn't decrease the viability of dual wielding. The H2 neddler would be a good one for such improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom