• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Del Rio had a pretty good track record, he was good at bringing home these trillion dollar ships home safe during the war.
So giving him, the safe choice for your investment, the ship was not the worst decision.
Parangosky was pulling strings anyway by having pretty boy Lasky ready to step up when Rio's nerves failed.

Yeah, I think 343i just went overboard with his characterization. Subtlety is not a thing they do very well. He might as well been wearing a T-shirt that said Captain McMeanyPants.

Chettlar

Banned
Yeah, I think 343i just went overboard with his characterization. Subtlety is not a thing they do very well. He might as well been wearing a T-shirt that said Captain McMeanyPants.

Had been wondering what was the issue with a lot of their character design, and I think you've hit on a big part of it. I agree.

Mistel

Banned
They should have unlocked the Firefight maps for MP too... Some of them probably would have been fun, at least that big beach one for BTB.
Beachhead and Unearthed with some teaks would have made nice BTB maps, even the concept art for Unearthed reminds me of a BTB map.
640px-Defiant_concept_5.jpg

Fuchsdh

I don't really think he was that over-the-top, really. He was basically right about how Cortana was nuts, and I thought they did a nice job of showing how out of his depth he was.

belushy

Banned
Final Boss is in round 4 of the CoD US Qualifiers!

Are they streaming these qualifiers, or are they not allowed? Or is there a bracket anywhere?

edit: Nevermind, saw that MLG has bracket and a stream on their site. Guess they are only doing select matches though. Maybe if they get a little bit further.

@Stormtrooper Yep, those two maps definitely could be MP Maps. I feel like Holdout would be a good FFA map.

I don't really think he was that over-the-top, really. He was basically right about how Cortana was nuts, and I thought they did a nice job of showing how out of his depth he was.
Naw, I really think they went to far, like they assumed their audience was 6 years old and not really paying attention. "I think you of all people...," "sending in recon would just slow us down," etc. line delivery and animation is like getting hit on the head with a hammer ("Meaner Dammit! We need meaner!!!).

They could have served the story the same way while not making him so over-the-top that it stretches credulity to believe he was put in charge of the most important spacecraft in the UNSC.

Ghazi

So do we know if Spartan Assault is good on the 360? Where's Juices review? I saw it once, but didn't pay attention to it as I forgot it was coming out on the 360.

Mistel

Banned
So do we know if Spartan Assault is good on the 360? Where's Juices review? I saw it once, but didn't pay attention to it as I forgot it was coming out on the 360.
Here you go.

@Stormtrooper Yep, those two maps definitely could be MP Maps. I feel like Holdout would be a good FFA map.
It is a shame they were firefight maps Unearthed could have been a huge mine or something maybe. Holdout would be quite good for FFA, nice and varied.

anything but moron. I've grown tired of the tag, lol.
tumblr_mydd1dDWLa1ratk55o1_500.gif

Speedy's is worse.

Naw, I really think they went to far, like they assumed their audience was 6 years old and not really paying attention. "I think you of all people...," "sending in recon would just slow us down," etc. line delivery and animation is like getting hit on the head with a hammer ("Meaner Dammit! We need meaner!!!).

They could have served the story the same way while not making him so over-the-top that it stretches credulity to believe he was put in charge of the most important spacecraft in the UNSC.

He's supposed to be more of a "manager" than a leader, though I saw no managing and sure as shit no leadership.

Jacob Keyes this man is not.

Chettlar

Banned
Thanks Stormtrooper, reading now.

I haven't been home around my 360 all week, so I haven't had an opportunity to download & try it. Good to know though, thanks. I'll definitely give it a shot when get around to it.

Which reminds me I need to myself. Also, it's an XBL Arcade title, which means it will always have a trial, for future reference. Xbox 360 Arcade is that way, but I believe they removed the requirement for Xbox One games.

Eh, the real kicker is that they never included a proper CE/2 control scheme in any of the 360 games (outside of CEA, of course). Neither Bungie nor 343i ever had any respect for muscle memory.
And yet, it's the only control scheme over the course of the 360 era that has remained consistently similar without gimping some other part of the control scheme like Bumper Jumper and certain AAs, or Halo 4's "Default" and crouching.

Can we please get fully remappable controls for all future Halo games? Ridiculous that we don't have it already.

IHaveIce

Banned
Eh, the real kicker is that they never included a proper CE/2 control scheme in any of the 360 games (outside of CEA, of course). Neither Bungie nor 343i ever had any respect for muscle memory.

Yeah, it always was weird how they would change this stuff. FOV in all games is a bit different if I recall correctly, movement speed is different and controls too.

Mistel

Banned
Whilst looking for the review I found this post of speedy's i'm surprised the tag didn't happen sooner.

I thought the lack of custom button mapping was stated to be due to possible glitches or something similar.

Chettlar

Banned
What's wrong with recommending the Xbox One? None of those Sony indy games (that I can't get on PC) appeal to me, at all, and other than Infamous (ah, Infamous), I see nothing on the PS4 that looks good at all (not into racing games that much).

And yet, it's the only control scheme over the course of the 360 era that has remained consistently similar without gimping some other part of the control scheme like Bumper Jumper and certain AAs, or Halo 4's "Default" and crouching.

Can we please get fully remappable controls for all future Halo games? Ridiculous that we don't have it already.

Such a frustrating aspect. Sure, yes it's complicated for people who just want to play, so why not give the player a few custom slots that they can create their own keybindings in?

You could even let them hit edit on an already established layout, and then when they try to save it, have it be saved in a new separate slot and need a new name (default would be something like Custom1, which you could change). You know, kinda like how customizing multiplayer maps in forge works.

Chettlar

Banned
Oh yeah. First thing I thought of with H2A is 60fps and 1080q, but a wider FOV would be sweet, too.

The fact that ntkrnl said that 60 fps is doubtful makes me scared. :( It really needs some 90 degree FOV, pls.

Also, I hope they completely redo the intro scenes in Heretic. I can tell the part where the camera zooms over the edge of the thing where Arby is standing cuffed to the things, is supposed to be supper epic and scary and all that, but...it's really not. You can see that there's a reletively small crowd in the stands because the Xbox couldn't handle much more than that, and it really kills the mood for me.

IHaveIce

Banned
Whilst looking for the review I found this post of speedy's i'm surprised the tag didn't happen sooner.

I thought the lack of custom button mapping was stated to be due to possible glitches or something similar.

Yea but that statement was rendered bullshit when there were already button glitches in the default layouts at launch in Halo 4

wwm0nkey

You know what would be pretty sweet to see in Halo 2 anniversary? After game content like playing as the Arbiter getting back to Earth before and right when John arrives.

Chettlar

Banned
Picture of the Ark from above. Using pancam in Halo 3 you can get there.

That's what I was thinking, but what is the thing in the middle? Anything specific? Like, what's the red stuff?

You know what would be pretty sweet to see in Halo 2 anniversary? After game content like playing as the Arbiter getting back to Earth before and right when John arrives.

ntkrnl suggested they were doing a ton of stuff to the campaign, so I'm hopeful we'll get to see this kind of stuff.

Plus Frankie mentioned that we could possibly see the E3 trailer in playable form one day, and I think this would be the perfect opportunity to do that.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
That's what I was thinking, but what is the thing in the middle? Anything specific? Like, what's the red stuff?

The ark uses a small moon which is strip mined for it's resources to construct Halo rings you can see that in the middle of the void. Behind the void is the Foundry, where the Halo rings are constructed.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This, I mean H2 had its flaws like the aim assist and the fov .. but damn if they bring it back it better feel like the original
I want both those things fixed / improved. I don't care about button glitches. I don't care about adding content to the campaign, but I'm not against it.

wwm0nkey

Ugh, please don't add anything to H2A. Campaign problems aside, just leave it alone.
I feel like post game arbiter missions would be a great add to the game. Leave gameplay and everything else alone but that's a price of lore we have been missing.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Ugh, please don't add anything to H2A. Campaign problems aside, just leave it alone.

I mostly feel the same. Gimme 1080p/60fps and untouched MP/campaign.

Though I would really, really like to see the legendary Halo 2 E3 stage demo redone and included.

Ghazi

its not good period on any system.

After the review and further research, I don't think I'll be getting it right away. But, if it goes on sale I'll buy it.

I specifically don't want to get it because it seems like they barely put any effort into the transition to consoles from mobile, and I don't really like mobile games.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
If H2A really gives you access to the H5 bea I'll be damm happy, Reach's beta days were lots of fun.

The Reach beta was terrible. The initial impression shock of not feeling like Halo. The terrible jump height, terrible maps.

Remember the laundry list juices came up with with issues to fix and they didn't touch any of them?

The Reach beta wasn't a beta. It was a demo. A shit demo.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
edit: Also, what maps do you guys want in H2A? Just h2 maps or do you want some remakes in the game?
All of them. Or do you mean non-Halo 2 maps, too?

Imagine if they make us buy the Halo 2 DLC maps as DLC again. I'd be so pissed.

The fact that ntkrnl said that 60 fps is doubtful makes me scared. :( It really needs some 90 degree FOV, pls.

Also, I hope they completely redo the intro scenes in Heretic. I can tell the part where the camera zooms over the edge of the thing where Arby is standing cuffed to the things, is supposed to be supper epic and scary and all that, but...it's really not. You can see that there's a reletively small crowd in the stands because the Xbox couldn't handle much more than that, and it really kills the mood for me.
I'd be happy with upping to the 78 of Reach and H4. (H2 on Xbox is 60 I believe)
Add degrees to the viewing angle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom