• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

He sent me a couple more messages. People still get upset over teabagging. Taking me almost 5+ minutes just to find a match of ricochet, I need to get rid of this odd numbered crap and get that hat trick achievement. I'm probably going to have to boost this.

Mistel

Banned
He sent me a couple more messages. People still get upset over teabagging. Taking me almost 5+ minutes just to find a match of ricochet, I need to get rid of this odd numbered crap and get that hat trick achievement. I'm probably going to have to boost this.
I need to boost that achievement as well, stupid odd number.

belushy

Banned
Do it some more really rub it in lol.

What does everyone think of this destiny armor?

Looks like Halo. I know a few Destiny screenshots have fooled me into thinking it was a new Halo screenshot at quick glance.

I get mad when I get teabagged, but not enough to send messages to people lol I just curse at my screen and am mad for half a second and then move on. Though I'll admit if I see the guy/girl again and I remember that he teabagged me I get him back REAL good.

So I was watching this video... they talked about how they considered putting guns on the front of the Mongoose in Halo CE. Would that work now? Like an extremely weak SMG type gun? Weaker damage than the ghost, but higher rate of fire. Balanced with a cooldown (a la Warthog turrets) and ability to have a person on the back.

Madness

WTF! I just did it, three scores in one match but it blackscreened halfway and didn't count, as it supposedly resets. Dammit!

Edit: Belucheez, that's why I teabag, gets under people's skin.

Mistel

Banned
Looks like Halo. I know a few Destiny screenshots have fooled me into thinking it was a new Halo screenshot at quick glance.

Would that work now? Like an extremely weak SMG type gun? Weaker damage than the ghost, but higher rate of fire. Balanced with a cooldown (a la Warthog turrets) and ability to have a person on the back.
I know this mars on looks like it would suit halo a lot:
Screenshot_mars01.jpg

As for guns on a mongoose it's kinda pointless as the passenger protects the vehicle as it is otherwise you just have a poor ghost copy. The only change should be back to the 3 style one.

belushy

Banned
Screenshot_mars01.jpg

As for guns on a mongoose it's kinda pointless as the passenger protects the vehicle as it is otherwise you just have a poor ghost copy. The only change should be back to the 3 style one.

Yeah that is a nice screenshot.

And I mean the gun would mainly be used if you don't have a passenger and for support against tanks/stronger vehicles. It is a bit redundant I suppose.

What about a vehicle that releases a shock charge all around it that emps other vehicles for a short time... Would be something in BTB to watch out for as it could put your tank in a bad situation so you're team would need to make sure to destroy it as fast as they can. Would also be funny watching clips of someone flying off a cliff and shocking a Falcon (pls be in Halo 5) or something.

edit: And yes these are shitty ideas from my mind as it is tired and has been without sleep for about 17 hours now.

Madness

Never mind, no need to boost. One match gave me like 4 achievements. Today was the first time I ever really played ricochet, and yet I have an arm like Russell Wilson, throwing 40 meter bombs.

Omni

Screenshot_mars01.jpg

Chromatic aberration ruins this shot.

Why Bungie are trying to replicate a cheap lens is beyond me.

Blueblur1

I just hope the Banshee can go back to controlling like it did in Halo 2 & 3. I hate what Bungie did to it for Reach and how those changes were carried into Halo 4.

Nebula

The reliance on the Banshee Bomb turned the Banshee into a horrid vehicle. Definitely nerf/remove it and make sure it has no aim assist if it remains. Flipping needs some work as well.

Madness

Damn, ricochet is really, really fun. I know I'm months late, but it's seriously addictive if you have good teams. Easily above Grifball for me now.

As for Banshee, I've always considered it as a fast, pester/support vehicle. Keep its speed and boost, keep the stunts, make its bomb only have emp capabilities on vehicles and strip shields for players etc. Should be considered a flying ghost.

Blueblur1

I wouldn't mind if they removed it and left the Banshee with only the main guns. Just give me that really fun Halo 3 Banshee maneuverability and controls.

FyreWulff

Damn, ricochet is really, really fun. I know I'm months late, but it's seriously addictive if you have good teams. Easily above Grifball for me now.

As for Banshee, I've always considered it as a fast, pester/support vehicle. Keep its speed and boost, keep the stunts, make its bomb only have emp capabilities on vehicles and strip shields for players etc. Should be considered a flying ghost.

It pretty much was a flying ghost in Halo 2. It was also hilariously OP against people in BR start games.

Halo 3 had the great idea of giving it an angle limiter when it was flying around. This made it so you had to fly it like a plane, but couldn't just hoverdeath above a base and had to line up targets and turn around to re-acquire them.

The biggest mistake Bungie made with Reach was removing the banshee's angle limiter. Tricks should have trained meter, but the BIGGEST thing was removing the angle limiter.

Mistel

Banned
Haha. Sorry, I'll stop. Watching the "removed" content video from CE just got me thinking is all. We could have had a fucking dinosaur as a "vehicle."
Rawr? That would be awsome, speaking of cut content what about the Sharquoi?

Chromatic aberration ruins this shot.

Why Bungie are trying to replicate a cheap lens is beyond me.
It is a shame that they did it is quite nauseating, but Phobos looks like it has begun tidal deceleration.

Madness

Also you meet the oddest people at this time. Most people in the playlist were Spain, Holland etc. One guy was a stoner from California, baked out of his mind talking about some El Salvador war the US helped in, how he can't wait for a Red Dawn type thing to happen here so Americans would know what it's like, went off on some tangent of Columbus Day and how he hates being white, talked about buying beers for tomorrow and driving drunk a few hours ago, but that it was okay because there weren't a lot of cars or people on the streets. I added him as a friend, will invite him to the next customs night LOL.

belushy

Banned

It is a shame that they did it is quite nauseating, but Phobos looks like it has begun tidal deceleration.

Yeah, that was in the video I watched too. That thing would have been pretty neat, but it seemed to just be a bigger Hunter honestly. I'd want the Flood Juggernaut, but they have the Pure Form dudes now, which are pretty much the same except smaller. Having both the Hunter/Sharquoi would be redundant... at least that is probably what went through their minds when designing CE. I think the Sharquoi was aimed at being a boss, too, and you know how shitty the "boss" fights have been in Halo so far.

Mistel

Banned
Yeah, that was in the video I watched too. That thing would have been pretty neat, but it seemed to just be a bigger Hunter honestly. I'd want the Flood Juggernaut, but they have the Pure Form dudes now, which are pretty much the same except smaller. Having both the Hunter/Sharquoi would be redundant... at least that is probably what went through their minds when designing CE. I think the Sharquoi was aimed at being a boss, too, and you know how shitty the "boss" fights have been in Halo so far.
I remember it being sectioned away from other covenant forces for their strength. It could have been an interesting enemy that's used against vehicles or as a beserker? I could see it chained up and becoming aggravated and going on a rampage after breaking free. The boss fights have never been good so it would just need be a juggernaut or something similar.

Drinol_Fight_Pose.png

I mean it looks like something that would be cool to fight.

Madness

They're doing it intentionally.

It can add depth to the scene... but most times it just looks awful.

Ah I understand. I'm only on mobile so I didn't notice it, but if you pixel peep on say the log you notice it. Is this something though, say that I'll pick up on if I'm running around or shooting?

These are the people Bungie/343 are catering to with their exclusion of a 1-50 visual ranking system.

Props. I've tried looking for a "Master Chief riding a T-Rex" pic everywhere and couldn't find one hahah

belushy

Banned
I remember it being sectioned away from other covenant forces for their strength. It could have been an interesting enemy that's used against vehicles or as a beserker? I could see it chained up and becoming aggravated and going on a rampage after breaking free. The boss fights have never been good so it would just need be a juggernaut or something similar.

Drinol_Fight_Pose.png

I mean it looks like something that would be cool to fight.

Actually, it being similar to a tank or charger from Left 4 Dead would be pretty neat. Turn the corner in a tight corridor and all of sudden you hear it's noise and it runs and slams you against a wall.

Mistel

Banned
Props. I've tried looking for a "Master Chief riding a T-Rex" pic everywhere and couldn't find one hahah
THw5RnI.gif

When carnotaur posted it I bookmarked it, I knew it would come in handy eventually.

Actually, it being similar to a tank or charger from Left 4 Dead would be pretty neat. Turn the corner in a tight corridor and all of sudden you hear it's noise and it runs and slams you against a wall.
That would be amazing, It could probably put Spartans through the walls if it was that strong as they described it being.

Blueblur1

It pretty much was a flying ghost in Halo 2. It was also hilariously OP against people in BR start games.

Halo 3 had the great idea of giving it an angle limiter when it was flying around. This made it so you had to fly it like a plane, but couldn't just hoverdeath above a base and had to line up targets and turn around to re-acquire them.

The biggest mistake Bungie made with Reach was removing the banshee's angle limiter. Tricks should have trained meter, but the BIGGEST thing was removing the angle limiter.

The angle limiter did work great in Halo 3. The fuel rod cannon's presence and the durability did make the Banshee overpowered as you said.

I think an ideal Banshee would maneuver and function like the Halo 3 incarnation but have the fuel rod cannon removed and be a little more susceptible to human weapons fire. But it shouldn't be eviscerated by weapons fire like the Halo 4 Banshee is. (And I don't play Halo 4 that often so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

belushy

Banned
THw5RnI.gif

When carnotaur posted it I bookmarked it, I knew it would come in handy eventually.

That would be amazing, It could probably put Spartans through the walls if it was that strong as they described it being.

I really would not mind having dynamic destruction in Halo 2 Anniversary or Halo 5. Maybe just in campaign, or only in MP if you tick the setting. Being flung through walls would be amazing.

Nebula

The angle limiter did work great in Halo 3. The fuel rod cannon's presence and the durability did make the Banshee overpowered as you said.

I think an ideal Banshee would maneuver and function like the Halo 3 incarnation but have the fuel rod cannon removed and be a little more susceptible to human weapons fire. But it shouldn't be eviscerated by weapons fire like the Halo 4 Banshee is. (And I don't play Halo 4 that often so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Every vehicle in Halo 4 is shit on by human weapons. It's horrid. Not sure why they would make them so effective and then throw Plasma Pistol and Stickies on top of it. :(

I'm kind of late to this, but I'll respond anyways.

How does it work?

Similar to Halo 2. If you win a match your bar will fill up by a certain amount of points, lose a match it will drain by a certain amount of points. The higher/lower the rank you beat the more/less points go towards your bar.

Ranking-Points.png

It's really good, and a lot of fun.

KI's netcode is insanely good.

Yea, it seems to have been messed up a little with recent patches. I've stopped playing temporarily because the newest patch has made it so I can't save my game (online rank, KP, unlocks, etc etc). So now my Xbone has pretty much no use.

:(

Nebula

The TU was the worst possible move to make for Halo 4. Sorry but lowering kill times throughout the sandbox when most weapons have ridiculous aim assist is a joke. Last whining post I'll make
today.

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh they are the guys behind Sonic All-Stars racing? That game was awesome, difficult but awesome.
The TU was the worst possible move to make for Halo 4. Sorry but lowering kill times throughout the sandbox when most weapons have ridiculous aim assist is a joke. Last whining post I'll make
today.

One thing that I even will complain about when we get Halo 2 Anniversary is the aim assist on its BR.

Also can someone put a black border on my avatar, my photoshop is trolling me. ( or any kind of improvement so it doesn't look that out of place in normal GAF/dark GAF)

Mistel

Banned
Also can someone put a black border on my avatar, my photoshop is trolling me. ( or any kind of improvement so it doesn't look that out of place in normal GAF/dark GAF)
I stuck a border on:
foricecnj6w.png

As for destructible campaign like red faction has it's cool but I don't know how to implement it in halo.

Madness

Damn. It's not just "Hardcore internet fans" being vocal about the game now.

Guy comes off as an asshole though. He has the time to complain about the problems, but then wants to be "hired/paid" to discuss what they are, why they are problems, how to fix them.

343 can probably benefit from a several dozens of our posts here, just as much as that guy could. Not to discredit his "industry experience", but many of us have literally spent the better parts of the past 13 years playing some form of Halo, and while we may not necessarily agree on what needs fixing, why, we know when something works and when something doesn't.

Ora

Banned
*Screen black for commercial
*Single voice begins speaking

"There are those who said this day would never come."

You know the rest.

Seriously 343 that kind of marketing for H2A would be Hawt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom