• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was such an unexpected Super Bowl lol. Peyton playing like Eli, and that Seattle defense is just a big brick wall. Grats to all the Seahawk fans out there.

KK Frankie, the Hawks won, now drops some deets of Halo 5 since you're in an extra good mood.

edit: Damn, Fracas has me saying deets. deets deets deets. Funny word to say in my head and type.

Eli is a 2 time Super Bowl MVP.

Chettlar

Banned
Yay me. Honestly I think it would just feel weird not to have an SMG on the cover but I guess they did change the anniversary cover to the Magnum...

Yeah, but that might have had something to do with them pushing for how much the magnum had returned and all that.

And here's another vote for your SMG to at least be in a Halo game, if not on the cover.

"You're not laughing at me because I'm laughing too HAHAHA."
I'll be honest, half my tweets are sent out knowing I'd anger some of my friends, and half the time I make it clear when the intent is to annoy. :p I mean when you guys get in on the annoyances, it just makes me laugh a bit because it's unintentional and it's even more fun when the reactions are later than when I expected.

For example, people bring up my picture of me sleeping with my Xbox One? That was an inside joke with a friend that came up during lunch, and It absolutely murdered me when I saw GAF bring it up and mock it a month later. Haha. Seriously it's kind of funny seeing you guys react to sarcasm, especially when I don't expect you guys too. Like I didn't expect my tweets to cause a reaction in this thread, but it did, and I find it a little funny, is all.

I love you guys. <3

Chettlar

Banned
Is being a diehard MS fan a bad thing? I mean, I don't really see the point in being super for a certain company but I don't get why it's wrong for somebody else to.

Getting a strong Master Chief vibe from the green Transformer w/ dual-SMGs.

ku-xlarge.gif

SMGs and robots riding robot Dinosaurs. I am in.

Oh god.

Is being a diehard MS fan a bad thing? I mean, I don't really see the point in being super for a certain company but I don't get why it's wrong for somebody else to.

Eh... I'm sure a lot of people just find it annoying to see people still supporting a company after they made it obvious they clearly have no problem "fucking" over their consumers with their "bullshit" DRM tactics. Which isn't a bad thing for people to feel that way, but I just find it silly when I still see people on gaming side say things like "NO ONE WANTS AN XBOX ONE" and "ILL NEVER BUY AN XBOX ONE BECAUSE OF ALWAYS ONLINE" or "Microsoft is the worst company in America!".

People are free to feel how they want about whatever they want, but it makes me laugh a little how my support for a company is apparently a bad thing, and I always just chuckle a bit when I see people accusing me of getting a paycheck from Microsoft just because I'm happy and vocal about my happiness regarding the company. I don't see the problem, and I'd never respond that way to anyone who is a fan of Sony, Apple, or Google.

Chettlar

Banned
Eh... I'm sure a lot of people just find it annoying to see people still supporting a company after they made it obvious they clearly have no problem "fucking" over their consumers with their "bullshit" DRM tactics. Which isn't a bad thing for people to feel that way, but I just find it silly when I still see people on gaming side say things like "NO ONE WANTS AN XBOX ONE" and "ILL NEVER BUY AN XBOX ONE BECAUSE OF ALWAYS ONLINE" or "Microsoft is the worst company in America!".

People are free to feel how they want about whatever they want, but it makes me laugh a little how my support for a company is apparently a bad thing, and I always just chuckle a bit when I see people accusing me of getting a paycheck from Microsoft just because I'm happy and vocal about my happiness regarding the company. I don't see the problem, and I'd never respond that way to anyone who is a fan of Sony, Apple, or Google.

Yeah, I know. Must be tough to go through. I'm a little upset at Microsoft, but I think I'm mostly upset at them for mishandling what talent they have. MS has had some absolutely brilliant ideas in the past, and I can totally see why you're a fan, but they fuck them up so much I just don't really know what to do. I have Windows 8 because I need it over 7 for a variety of reasons, and it really isn't bad as people say (seems weird coming from me, actually); it's actually pretty good. Very fast for one thing. I have an Xbox 360, and I love it. It has all the games I want that I can't get on PC, and it's got a wonderful UI, which I could go on explaining why it's so good. I like Nokia phones as well, because goddamn they are beautiful and the UI is also very serviceable (and because the cameras are top notch). They're all excellent products, and I don't get the hate.

The fact that people aren't giving you credibility because you're a MS fan is pretty sad. I'm not really a fan of any of the three (I have issues with Sony and Nintendo, though not so much Nintendo), so I can't say I know what it feels like, but it must be annoying.

I buy consoles for the games they have, and currently that make people label me as a rabid ms fan who sees no reason. Really, that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not even really an ms fan at all.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, I know. Must be tough to go through. I'm a little upset at Microsoft, but I think I'm mostly upset at them for mishandling what talent they have. MS has had some absolutely brilliant ideas in the past, and I can totally see why you're a fan, but they fuck them up so much I just don't really know what to do. I have Windows 8 because I need it over 7 for a variety of reasons, and it really isn't bad as people say (seems weird coming from me, actually); it's actually pretty good. Very fast for one thing. I have an Xbox 360, and I love it. It has all the games I want that I can't get on PC, and it's got a wonderful UI, which I could go on explaining why it's so good. I like Nokia phones as well, because goddamn they are beautiful and the UI is also very serviceable (and because the cameras are top notch). They're all excellent products, and I don't get the hate.

The fact that people aren't giving you credibility because you're a MS fan is pretty sad. I'm not really a fan of any of the three (I have issues with Sony and Nintendo, though not so much Nintendo), so I can't say I know what it feels like, but it must be annoying.

I buy consoles for the games they have, and currently that make people label me as a rabid ms fan who sees no reason. Really, that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not even really an ms fan at all.

Well, the moral of the story is don't be a "fan" of a company. They're not people, they'll do things that you think are stupid, or immoral, or aren't in your best interests. I've used Apple computers since I was old enough to remember using a computer and honestly wouldn't be in my current field if I had to use Windows PCs all day, but that doesn't mean I'll chain myself to that ship. Likewise, I much prefer Microsoft's ecosystem, and while I suppose you could complain about how in the ideal world all games are platform agnostic or whatever, that's not the way the world works and you deal with it and move on.

I can say that I would feel like my gaming experiences over the past decade, and the friends I've made while playing it, have had a significant and positive impact on my life; I don't think I would have said the same thing if I was running around with Nintendo consoles all this time. But everyone's mileage varies.

Speedy, I don't want to turn this into a "be yourself" schtick, because frankly you can be goddamn annoying at times (and yeah this is coming from the jerk who hates vinyl for its association with hipsters :p) But seriously, maybe take some time for some introspection and let some of the banner-waving go.

Nowise10

That Super Bowl was more disappointing that Halo 4.

1PDt61I.png

I laughed at it.

You can't fit everything that needs to be fixed with Halo in 130 characters on twitter. And what else needs to be said nowadays, It's been discussed on why Halo 4 is terrible and what needs to change.

Computer

1PDt61I.png

I laughed at it.

You can't fit everything that needs to be fixed with Halo in 130 characters on twitter. And what else needs to be said nowadays, It's been discussed on why Halo 4 is terrible and what needs to change.

Dat tweet cutting deep. Its just tough love 343. Hope you understand.

Speedy, I don't want to turn this into a "be yourself" schtick, because frankly you can be goddamn annoying at times (and yeah this is coming from the jerk who hates vinyl for its association with hipsters :p) But seriously, maybe take some time for some introspection and let some of the banner-waving go.
It's fine man. :) I understand I can be annoying at times, and I try not to be, and I also understand some people feel differently about companies then I do. I completely understand where you're coming from and I appreciate your honesty and feedback. :)

1PDt61I.png

I laughed at it.

The HaloWaypoint Twitter and a conversation like this a few weeks back.

I felt kind of bad for it actually, and it's the same reason I'm trying to be more positive towards 343 and being a little more hopeful for their future endeavors. :p

Tawpgun

It's fine man. :) I understand I can be annoying at times, and I try not to be, and I also understand some people feel differently about companies then I do. I completely understand where you're coming from and I appreciate your honesty and feedback. :)

The HaloWaypoint Twitter and a conversation like this a few weeks back.

I felt kind of bad for it actually, and it's the same reason I'm trying to be more positive towards 343 and being a little more hopeful for their future endeavors. :p
Nice kiss ass technique Speedy.

You shit on Halo 4.
They responded, caught you off guard, and you said sorry jk you guys are awesome.

Give them the feedback they need!

sp3000

Has there been any indication at all by the people at 343 about what went wrong with Halo 4 beyond vague our next game will be awesome statements

heckfu

Banned
I mean it's the same kind of shitty drive-by tweeting we discussed a few pages back. What does being a dick and singling out members of the work team accomplish other than making yourself feel like a badass and getting a few retweets? The saaaaaame old argument about constructive feedback has been played out here a million times and the edgy tweet patrol doesn't ever get funny imo.

feel

That's cute 343i. A huge numbers of knowledgeable long time members of the pre-Reach community like Ghaleon practically wrote fucking essays on where Halo was going wrong and you (and Bungie before you) didn't give a shit, because you would be dammed if valued customer xXxTimmy420xXx wasn't getting his camo, jetpack or sprint back, or if that random ex infinity ward employee who you had just hired (who happened to be a long time hardcore Halo fan as evidenced by the 3 Halo titles you found linked to his gamertag) wasn't getting his marvelous ideas in. People who were super glad to offer very long walls of well thought out constructive criticism have lost the patience or are long gone by this point, please understand.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've finally grown tired of shitting on 343, personally. I still find myself shaking my head at many of their decisions, but after been vocal about it for the past year, I think I've finally gotten it out of my system. I'll be happy to complain about any new shit that may arise, but seriously, 343 has heard us loud and clear when it comes to Halo 4. Going out of your way to make offhand tweets with no particular context or relevance is stupid.

FyreWulff

I avoid ever naming anyone at 343 specifically since it takes a village to make a game. I know it won't make it hurt any less, but there's being positive and then there's being fake positive just to smooth over someone's feelings. Nerds tend to be very passive, but I can't lie. I feel like most people explain why, they just don't go "u suk lol".

If you spend every developer conference talking about how awesome you are and you hired the best and brightest and by the way you're so awesome, and never about the faults of your game, and come off as Microsoft recruiters instead of developers, you come across as full of yourself and living in your own world. Seriously, none of the Halo 4 postmortems I saw or attended felt like postmortems at all. Not a single use of the word "failure" or "what we could have done", it always goes:

1) we were made to make halo
2) we were so ghetto we had to conduct interviews on the toilet inside bill gates' house
3) omg we had to take over a game from bungie, woe is our lot in life
4) we hired the best and the brightest
5) lookit all dese years of experience
6) FASTEST SELLING HALO.csv
7) thankyouwe'redonelaterbye

Part of the reason people found Bungie so personable is because they admitted when they fucked up and they made fun of themselves all the time.

343's answer to fucking up was to go along with Microsoft's PR department and completely lie to us with 14 Day Buy and Play.

IHaveIce

Banned
First of all Tyler Hoyt is an idiot and shouldn't get attention at all. His tweet was also super stupid.

Secondly Jess' resoonse was also a joke, like those people didn't shout their criticism and how to improve the game since reveal and release. But 343 never gave us anymore insight except that they will listen.
There is just no trust.

I hope 343 releases a behind the scenes vid someday like we had for Halo 2 and 3.

wwm0nkey

Still don't see the point of being an asshole and aggressively going after people. Don't see Ghaleon, Dax or Karl (who is still an idiot btw) acting like that.
I see the need to be vocal about dissapointment but yes, being an asshole does not and will never help your cause. Disappointment with suggestions on how to fix it is much better.

Fuchsdh

I avoid ever naming anyone at 343 specifically since it takes a village to make a game. I know it won't make it hurt any less, but there's being positive and then there's being fake positive just to smooth over someone's feelings. Nerds tend to be very passive, but I can't lie. I feel like most people explain why, they just don't go "u suk lol".

If you spend every developer conference talking about how awesome you are and you hired the best and brightest and by the way you're so awesome, and never about the faults of your game, and come off as Microsoft recruiters instead of developers, you come across as full of yourself and living in your own world. Seriously, none of the Halo 4 postmortems I saw or attended felt like postmortems at all. Not a single use of the word "failure" or "what we could have done", it always goes:

1) we were made to make halo
2) we were so ghetto we had to conduct interviews on the toilet inside bill gates' house
3) omg we had to take over a game from bungie, woe is our lot in life
4) we hired the best and the brightest
5) lookit all dese years of experience
6) FASTEST SELLING HALO.csv
7) thankyouwe'redonelaterbye

Part of the reason people found Bungie so personable is because they admitted when they fucked up and they made fun of themselves all the time.

343's answer to fucking up was to go along with Microsoft's PR department and completely lie to us with 14 Day Buy and Play.

I'm sorry they didn't offer you a job too

I'm sorry they didn't offer you a job too

Well even if Fyrewullf goes about it in a somewhat butthurt fashion sometimes, it's not like s/he's being inaccurate... even IF Halo 5 is excellent, we still probably won't know what the fuck happened with respect to Halo 4 from 343's point of view (ala Halo 2) for a long time - even if they wanted to, Microsoft just isn't that company today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom