• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
Linda and Kelly are way above Palmer and they are interesting to boot. There's also Alice and Lucy. You have interesting female characters at least use them, instead of that complete bitch Palmer.

Caayn

Imagine what would've happened if Lucy and Palmer swapped places during Ghost of Onyx. I'd bet that Palmer would've shot the huragok.

wwm0nkey

Imagine what would've happened if Lucy and Palmer swapped places during Ghost of Onyx. I'd bet that Palmer would've shot the huragok.

Yup, exactly why I don't think she is fit for a leader position.

It would be interesting though if Palmer fucked up big time by being so quick to judge and actually thought about the shit she pulled.

Ghazi

Master Chief x Palmer is going to happen and you guys can't stop it.

"I thought you'd be taller" - Palmer's pick up line.

But seriously, 343 seems keen enough to forget the existing mythos and do their own new stuff. I wonder if they ever really hated what Bungie did with the storyline that forced them into a sort of reboot with 4.

blamite

But seriously, 343 seems keen enough to forget the existing mythos and do their own new stuff. I wonder if they ever really hated what Bungie did with the storyline that forced them into a sort of reboot with 4.

At the very least I'm sure they're glad Bungie wasn't too explicit in their intention to have Forerunners literally be ancient humans.

Vico

What? Arbiter had a good story but he's nothing but a side character.

But yeah, Palmer must go.

He's a side character, yes, but there's obviously room for a spin-off starring the Arbiter, or a two-sided campaign again like Halo 2. Even though he was really in one game (Halo 3 only partially count), he's still one of the most iconic character of the franchise.

FyreWulff

That is ridiculous and stupid. May be the way things are, but stupid nonetheless. Just let me play my game already. How come Halo 3 let me skip everything? It didn't even give me an FBI warning.

The reason you don't have a big sequence of logos during Halo 3's bootup is simple: Microsoft paid for that.

He's a side character, yes, but there's obviously room for a spin-off starring the Arbiter, or a two-sided campaign again like Halo 2. Even though he was really in one game (Halo 3 only partially count), he's still one of the most iconic character of the franchise.

I guarantee that more people would rather play a spin-off featuring the Arbiter rather than Sarah Palmer.

Das Kalk

Neo Member
I guarantee that more people would rather play a spin-off featuring the Arbiter rather than Sarah Palmer.

I'll agree on this one for sure...

Semi-related to this: Am I the only only who doesn't think Jennifer Hale is the most amazing voice actress of our generation? I just find most of her performances too similar and her voice kind of grating. I hate playing as femshep because of her voice, and similarly dislike Palmer for that reason (among many others).

Woorloog

Banned
I'll agree on this one for sure...

Semi-related to this: Am I the only only who doesn't think Jennifer Hale is the most amazing voice actress of our generation? I just find most of her performances too similar and her voice kind of grating. I hate playing as femshep because of her voice, and similarly dislike Palmer for that reason (among many others).

Nope. I don't like her that much either, though arguably part of this stems i've played too many games with her acting in them, i think "oh, Hale again", not the character she voices.

Blueblur1

If we do get Halo 2 MP, I hope they change how the power weapon spawning worked. (I'm referring to the behavior that if a power weapon was held by a player it would not respawn even if the player was holding a weapon with no ammo.) The change to having power weapons respawn was one of the best things re-introduced in Halo 3.

Chettlar

Banned
At least Kat had the decency to die before the game was over.

No love for Kat? I liked her character.

Even if she did run me over twice over the course of playing and replaying Reach.

The reason you don't have a big sequence of logos during Halo 3's bootup is simple: Microsoft paid for that.

Microsoft paid to not have an FBI warning? How does the FBI/copywrite statement thing work anyway?

Caayn

Love Triangle between Cortana, Palmer, and Chief. Mark my words.

oh god no I hope not
Let's throw Halsey in too.
Did someone called.... Sexy Chief?
sexy_master_chief_by_joshua_jewey.jpg

Vico

Oh yes, even 343i's aware of that.
Now the question is wether they'll actually stick with what they've been doing lately - using Palmer everywhere - or not.

A few days ago, I complained about Halo 2 Anniversary, but I would be fine with it if it included at least 3 new levels featuring the Arbiter as the player and the cast of the Infinity (Palmer, Laskey, Majestic) to introduce Halo 5 which would actually be centered only on Chief.
Would be a good way to put the Arbiter back in the games, and it would fit with Halo 2, obviously.

Nebula

I didn't think Halo 4 could get as stale as it just did. I think I'm backing out of every game where the other team is a party of 6+.

Boltshot and Plasma Pistol camping with some Jet Packers in the large building on Complex. Eugh.

Mistel

Banned
I didn't think Halo 4 could get as stale as it just did. I think I'm backing out of every game where the other team is a party of 6+.

Boltshot and Plasma Pistol camping with some Jet Packers in the large building on Complex. Eugh.
Well that's complex for you, do you want me to play with you? I fancy killing randoms with a carbine.

Chettlar

Banned
Oh yes, even 343i's aware of that.
Now the question is wether they'll actually stick with what they've been doing lately - aka using Palmer everywhere - or not.

A few days ago, I complained about Halo 2 Anniversary, but I would be fine with it if it included at least 3 new levels featuring the Arbiter as the player and the cast of the Infinity (Palmer, Laskey, Majestic) to introduce Halo 5 which would actually be centered only on Chief.
Would be a good way to put the Arbiter back in the games, and it would fit with Halo 2, obviously.

What is with this anyway? It's like they use her more than Chief, and she's only a supporting character.

Sure but I'll mainly be on a Mongoose/in a vehicle.

Mongoose + passenger = better than just mongoose.

At the very least I'm sure they're glad Bungie wasn't too explicit in their intention to have Forerunners literally be ancient humans.

At first I thought 343 just felt the idea was implausible, and then they create an advanced ancient human society anyway.

I still feel like the Forerunners are supposed to be humans. Everything post-Reach is just a different continuity.

defghik

If we do get Halo 2 MP, I hope they change how the power weapon spawning worked. (I'm referring to the behavior that if a power weapon was held by a player it would not respawn even if the player was holding a weapon with no ammo.) The change to having power weapons respawn was one of the best things re-introduced in Halo 3.

I'm hoping we get options for all of this stuff. Halo 2 + Forge + Theatre + tons of new game options would be awesome.

Chettlar

Banned
I'm hoping we get options for all of this stuff. Halo 2 + Forge + Theatre + tons of new game options would be awesome.

While that would be awesome, I don't think Forge is likely. Remember, they've got to give customers a reason to buy Halo 5.

THEATRE IS A GREAT IDEA AND MUST BE IN THE GAME, though, I agree wholeheartedly, in case you couldn't tell. :)

belushy

Banned

Forge is a lock, I think. Only question with forge if it is just going to be H4's forge, or if it is going to be a new updated forge that I think they would have originally planned for H5's release at the end of the year. I wouldn't mind H4's forge, because I think most people would just play H2's map instead of full forge maps. However, letting us edit the H2's maps with some forge pieces would be great. I'd rather they just delay Forge 4.0 and release with Halo 5 to make sure to get everything on it worked out so features of it don't go missing like precision editing.

I'm not so confident for theater, though. I feel like it would be stupid for them to take it out, but maybe they think allocating the time used for theater towards something else would be smarter since Xbox One has its own recording stuff. As you know, though, XBO's "theater" doesn't let you fly around the map or anything like that...

gAg CruSh3r

While that would be awesome, I don't think Forge is likely. Remember, they've got to give customers a reason to buy Halo 5.

THEATRE IS A GREAT IDEA AND MUST BE IN THE GAME, though, I agree wholeheartedly, in case you couldn't tell. :)

I would like to see at least a basic Forge. Where you can add or delete boxes, walls, or something? Like in Halo 3 maybe? I do wish for a full on Forge mode tho.

I <3 Forge

Blueblur1

I don't see that happening simply because it would take a gargantuan effort. And it wouldn't be worth it when the game is a mere remake. What I do hope is that they improve the UI revolving around everything but the Lobby screen. And hopefully they will improve the game type options to include things that were missing in Halo 2 (some of the weapon sets were very limiting IIRC).

Beyond that Halo 2 could use a couple of tweaks, honestly. Weapon starts, the noob combo (nerfing that is a definite must IMO), player spawns (hello Coagulation), power weapon spawning behavior (like I mentioned previously), weapon balance tweaks (how about no rocket lock-on on ground vehicles like in later games?), button combos, getting outside of the maps, etc.

Karl2177

Sucks that Spartan Assault for the Xbone and the 360 have different numbers of achievements and have different values... and W8 devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom