• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chettlar

Banned
Halo 2 Anniversary feature requests:

Pretty much a must:

Theatre
Campaign Scoring
Skull activation menu
Skulls that must be found in the campaign (like CE and 3)
1080p/60fps

These'd be huge pluses too:

Forge (with a ruler that people can use to put things in precise locations)
Assault Rifle as simply an option in campaign. Pretty much just copy the Halo CEA assault rifle. This would be great imo.

All I can think of for now. These are just feature requests. I didn't mention things like Multiplayer being exactly or almost exactly the same, which I'm definitely for, or things like that.

Ghazi

Dedicated Servers plz

Also, I'd rather not have an assault rifle. They'd probably make it Halo 4 levels of OP and ruin the game.

Chettlar

Banned
Dedicated Servers plz

All Xbox One games are supposed to, certainly not less Halo.

And why not the Assault rifle in campaign? Definitely NOT put it in multiplayer as that would ruin the balance, etc. But giving it an appearance as something you can pick up every once in a while in campaign would be cool. Completely optional for those people who do like it. Dying in co-op will result in you starting with whatever you normally restart with in Halo 2. Basically Assault Rifle would be just as optional as the SMG is in Halo 3.

Madness

"Let this app access your info?
halowaypoint.com

Halo Waypoint needs your permission to:

Access and update your Xbox Live info

Access your Xbox Live info anytime

You can change these application permissions at any time in your account settings."

All this, just to view some damn stats in detail. Not only is the site slow as shit, that you have to sign in, but they want you to agree to some app. Fix this before the next games launch.

m23

Pretty much a must:

Theatre
Campaign Scoring
Skull activation menu
1080p/60fps

Assault Rifle as simply an option in campaign. Pretty much just copy the Halo CEA assault rifle. This would be great imo.

All I can think of for now. These are just feature requests. I didn't mention things like Multiplayer being exactly or almost exactly the same, which I'm definitely for, or things like that.

There were skulls in Halo 2 that had to be found.

IHaveIce

Banned

Pretty much a must:

Theatre Could be, but doubt it, since they have upload studio
Campaign Scoring Giving every enemy class a score and implementing the system? Possible but doubt it for just a remake
Skull activation menu could be, actually that seems likely
Skulls that must be found in the campaign (like CE and 3) Halo 2 has already skulls that can be found in the campaign?
1080p/60fps Doubt it is going to be 60 fps

Forge (with a ruler that people can use to put things in precise locations) If there will be forge, I suspect it to be a more basic editor.
Assault Rifle as simply an option in campaign. Pretty much just copy the Halo CEA assault rifle. This would be great imo.No. Just no.

Seriously some of you guys seem to forget this is a remake not a fullfledged new release, adding completely new modes to it isn't that easy.

Given my assumptions are based of the though that H2A is like Halo CEA a graphic layer on top of the old code and maybe a redone multiplayer.

Striker

Halo 2 can have basic Halo 3 forge as long as they at the very least add phasing.
Want random crates, explosives, and boxes to cram up the pathways? Enter forge.

And hopefully they will improve the game type options to include things that were missing in Halo 2 (some of the weapon sets were very limiting IIRC).

Beyond that Halo 2 could use a couple of tweaks, honestly. Weapon starts, the noob combo (nerfing that is a definite must IMO), player spawns (hello Coagulation), power weapon spawning behavior (like I mentioned previously), weapon balance tweaks (how about no rocket lock-on on ground vehicles like in later games?), button combos, getting outside of the maps, etc.
The gametype options were fairly good. I mean, unless you're looking for something wacky like Power Slayer or HaloBall. You can modifiy weapons on map in ways you'd expect. Actually, I think some were dropped in Halo 3 (Rifles certainly was). They used "Human" weapons for weapons on map as a replacement to remove the Plasma Pistol, which worked well. It basically became a BR game at that point.

DeadNames

Banned
Skulls really added a lot of replayability for me. Finding them was a ton of fun, especially the one on The Covenant, was truly epic. I really hope they bring them back in Halo 5/H2A (Beli343).

Blueblur1

The gametype options were fairly good. I mean, unless you're looking for something wacky like Power Slayer or HaloBall. You can modifiy weapons on map in ways you'd expect. Actually, I think some were dropped in Halo 3 (Rifles certainly was). They used "Human" weapons for weapons on map as a replacement to remove the Plasma Pistol, which worked well. It basically became a BR game at that point.

Thank you for reminding me. It was options like that one, human weapons, that made it really limiting. I'd like to see more of those that including a different mix so you don't lose out on a lot of weapons like with the human weapons setting. Also, it's be nice to have the Fuel Rod Cannon available in MM too. Maybe it could be added to a brand weapon set and could be thrown into MM as part of a new game type. That's the kind of stuff I'd like to see. Nothing crazy just small additions that shouldn't be too crazy too program (though I could be completely wrong about that!).

belushy

Banned

Obviously I'd rather have h4/Reach forge, but IHaveIce has a good point that they will probably use a lot of old code, so H3 forge is most likely they forge they would have if they add forge at all. Like I said though, if it is h3 forge pls add phasing. Haha. I hated having to do all those little tricks on Foundry and Sandbox.

Halo 2 can have basic Halo 3 forge as long as they at the very least add phasing.

Got to dream the dream!

What an absolute pleasure it will be to anticipate a new Halo game without the trepidation that AA's and sprint have brung to the latest releases. All at 60 fps and with dedicated servers. Tantilising.

Caayn

I doubt that H2A will feature a forge and theater mode. CEA didn't had those either. I do hope that just like CEA, H2A will have the dual graphics engine thingy again. It was awesome to swap between classic graphics and the update one. But if they do bring that back, it needs to be snappier.
As you know, though, XBO's "theater" doesn't let you fly around the map or anything like that...
You just described my major usage of theater mode. Flying around looking at random stuff in each level.

Pretty much a must:

Theatre
Campaign Scoring
Skull activation menu
1080p/60fps

They would probably break it by trying to add stuff like theatre. That's a feature that needs to be pretty ingrained to work.

I will piss myself laughing if they pull a CEA and just release Halo 4 multiplayer with Halo 2 maps or something.

Mistel

Banned
You just described my major usage of theater mode. Flying around looking at random stuff in each level.
I do that a lot it's fun I liked finding those doll things on the anniversary map pack.

Finally got some stuff for that montage thing, do I stick the clips in my fileshare then pm Ozzie so he can record it properly?

Nebula I now have splattered someone with a mongoose in 4 :D.

Linda and Kelly are way above Palmer and they are interesting to boot. There's also Alice and Lucy. You have interesting female characters at least use them, instead of that complete bitch Palmer.

I find it hilarious that Spartan Assaults premise is that they are training people above the Infinity by making them play as a reconstruction of one of Palmers missions. I only just saw that yesterday when I downloaded the trial and couldn't believe it.

I mean how big headed would it be if the boss in your office made you relieve his work history.

Ultimately if they can reconstruct anything they should be relieving the first Halo event through the eyes of the chief. That would be a cool way to 'cannonize' the games campaign modes too (not that it needs to be done).

Caayn

I find it hilarious that Spartan Assaults premise is that they are training people above the Infinity by making them play as a reconstruction of one of Palmers missions. I only just saw that yesterday when I downloaded the trial and couldn't believe it.

I mean how big headed would it be if the boss in your office made you relieve his work history.

Ultimately if they can reconstruct anything they should be relieving the first Halo event through the eyes of the chief. That would be a cool way to 'cannonize' the games campaign modes too (not that it needs to be done).
Play SA for the gameplay and completely forget about the story. Otherwise you'll keep smashing your head against the wall.

but yeah guys, that Phil Spencer tweet

jq5D9jVXRXat2.png

Yeah, I don't think we really need anymore hints at this point. :lol

I'm excited to see what they have planned.. given its for XB1 and will not be competing against Halo 4 I have high hopes for the MP.

Nebula

Yeah, I don't think we really need anymore hints at this point. :lol

I'm excited to see what they have planned.. given its for XB1 and will not be competing against Halo 4 I have high hopes for the MP.

I don't think Halo 4 would be much competition anyway. I don't expect to see any huge populations on H2A though with the small install base.

Omni

I will piss myself laughing if they pull a CEA and just release Halo 4 multiplayer with Halo 2 maps or something.

I would make sense if they had planned to port it over during Halo 4's original development. Two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Personally, I don't see us getting Halo 2 multiplayer back at all.

We don't know that.

What don't we know? H2A is looking extremely likely. Dedi's and 60 fps were confirmed for 2014 Halo on Xbox One.

They wouldn't add camo and jetpack AA's to Halo 2. Would they?

Also, my conception of H2A is not of a CEA style reskin but a ground up remake as a sort of practice run for an Xbox One Halo. I'm hoping for that anyway. Probably not if CA and Sabre are doing it.

Caayn

We don't know about dedicated servers, either. I really doubt they'd bother with dedi's in H2A, my guess is they'll wait until Halo 5.
With Microsoft's heavy push towards dedicated servers with their 300.000 servers PR talk. I highly doubt that any major exclusive title won't feature dedis.

Omni

343 would lose out on potential millions.

Just like CEA?

I mean.... mmmm. I think we overstate the importance of a 10 year old game. I love Halo 2, don't get me wrong. But if they were to deliver a classic experience in the Halo 4 engine (the groundwork is certainly there), I don't see people [not buying] it. Especially if it's the only Halo game on the X1.

but who knows. I'm sure there's some projection chart out there somewhere

Pretty much a must:
Theatre Nope
Campaign Scoring Doubtful
Skull activation menu Sure
Skulls that must be found in the campaign (like CE and 3) Sure, they're already there.
1080p/60fps Possible, if not probable, assuming it's a C.E. level makeover.
When you say musts, would you buy it without these?
It would be nice, if when they announce it, it isn't a drip feed. We know what Halo 2 is, don't tease us with the important details over 5 months.

I realise that's an "unfair" ask of something that has to be marketed in the traditional manner, but it's a pet peeve.

Nebula

Probably should have said Microsoft instead of 343. I do think H2A will move some Xbones but would it move more with H2 multiplayer.

Mistel

Banned
I saw :D ROAD TRIIIIP!

I got this in that same game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN7SkH9AuaQ
I saw that on the feed an wondered what happened lol, it needs the buzzard pilots from borderlands 2 ride of the valkyries over the top.

I see me behind that rock :D, I've got stuff to make into clips from that king of the hill game.

I do like the fact that there's a main female character in the story... But I find the way Palmer, who is a unlikable bitch, is forced on us by 343 as someone we are meant to like.

Halo has some good female Spartan's who are far more likable and interesting than Palmer that sit by the wayside and don't appear in the games. This in my opinion should change then there is a much fairer representation, than Palmer does.

I hope Alice isn't killed off, when the spirit of fire returns.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Nostalgia would.

oh-wait-youre-serious-let-me-laugh-even-harder.jpg

Nostalgia is powerful, but "millions"? You cannot be serious. CEA did pretty well and I believe it just touched the million mark. Pretty sure the best H2A could hope for, given the Xbone's smaller install base at the potential time of release, would be to hit CEA numbers - I doubt it would though.

Right now you are essentially saying a Halo 2 multiplayer update/remaster is gonna "save" Halo. Millions of sales. Never going to happen.

H2A Predictions:

Theatre: Nope
Screenshots/Clips/Streaming/Movies: Nope
Kinect: Yup
SmartGlass: Yup
Skulls: Yup
"Original" Multiplayer: Nope
Online Co-Op: Yup
Halo 4 Multiplayer Remakes of Halo 2 levels: Yup
New Achievements: Yup

Nebula

I'm hopeful that it would bring some people back, and millions was pretty much an exaggeration. I even said earlier that it has a small install base. Either way, my point is that it will sell less if it ships with no multiplayer/maps and gametype for Halo 4.

Think CEA is over 2M.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Halo

Striker

Thank you for reminding me. It was options like that one, human weapons, that made it really limiting. I'd like to see more of those that including a different mix so you don't lose out on a lot of weapons like with the human weapons setting. Also, it's be nice to have the Fuel Rod Cannon available in MM too. Maybe it could be added to a brand weapon set and could be thrown into MM as part of a new game type. That's the kind of stuff I'd like to see. Nothing crazy just small additions that shouldn't be too crazy too program (though I could be completely wrong about that!).
What sorta options were you looking for? All it did when using human weapons was remove Carbine (which wasn't a primary weapon), Plasma Rifle, Neelder (two dual wielded weapons, in their spot spawned SMG's), Plasma Pistol (which was the entire point of the weapon set), Sword (spawned Shotgun) and Brute Shot (spawned Rockets; like Carbine didn't show up a lot). Thought it was neat way to change up the weapons without going nuts. Rifles was the other gametype that removed it, and that's where it was just BR, Carbine, and the one or two Snipers.

Also, I'd say hell no to FRG. It was never a good weapon for MP. I still don't know why it keeps getting brought back. Oh, an easy OHK weapon.

I just want them to release it on PC. I'll buy five copies.

I'll buy one copy.

Just imagine what would happen if MS were to release decent ports of Halo Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 4, ODST and Reach on Steam. Come Steam Sale, they'd make fucking millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom