• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joining the party,

Halo 2 MP untouched outside of glitches removed
new graphics that keep the art style of Halo 2
all the music stays the same
bonus level that is from the E3 2003 demo
Halo 5 beta

do it 343

Fuchsdh

Joining the party,

Halo 5 beta

do it 343

I would find it unlikely that stuff exists anymore, at least in a form that they could use to create a level from.

I'd honestly take making a separate new mini-campaign telling a side-story from the invasion of Earth or the invasion of the In Amber Clad over the multiplayer. I just don't realistically see any way we'd get a fully-featured multiplayer that's the second coming of Yahweh in the timeframe we've got.

Cow

Joining the party,

Halo 5 beta

do it 343

This is how to make me happy.
Will cry if it's just halo 2 maps with halo 4 multiplayer

I would find it unlikely that stuff exists anymore, at least in a form that they could use to create a level from.

I'd honestly take making a separate new mini-campaign telling a side-story from the invasion of Earth or the invasion of the In Amber Clad over the multiplayer. I just don't realistically see any way we'd get a fully-featured multiplayer that's the second coming of Yahweh in the timeframe we've got.

Frank said it exist before.

Chettlar

Banned

Stinkles said they have it in playable form. It's got a ton of bugs, but he said there's a possibility of cleaning it up and releasing it.

how do you know that name

ntkrnl

Fuchsdh

Stinkles said they have it in playable form. It's got a ton of bugs, but he said there's a possibility of cleaning it up and releasing it.

ntkrnl

Well of course it would have bugs, behind the game camera Bungie chaps were furiously deleting objects from the game world so that the frame rate didn't tank. I still think it's a bit unlikely.

As for cut material that I'd rather see in Halo 2, how about the deleted original ending? Marty O'Donnell said that they had saved the original recorded dialogue, so theoretically the intended ending could be pieced together from that.*

*Of course whether that stuff actually ended up with Microsoft is unknown.

Chettlar

Banned
Well of course it would have bugs, behind the game camera Bungie chaps were furiously deleting objects from the game world so that the frame rate didn't tank. I still think it's a bit unlikely.

As for cut material that I'd rather see in Halo 2, how about the deleted original ending? Marty O'Donnell said that they had saved the original recorded dialogue, so theoretically the intended ending could be pieced together from that.*

*Of course whether that stuff actually ended up with Microsoft is unknown.

For the first statement, I just said Stinkles said it is certainly a possibility and he might be interested in pursuing it. Can't find the post just now.

ntkrnl said that, while he couldn't confirm, he said somebody told him about an alternate ending or something crazy like that, so I'm curious to see how that turns out.

We know what Halo 2 is, don't tease us with the important details over 5 months.

I realise that's an "unfair" ask of something that has to be marketed in the traditional manner, but it's a pet peeve.
I love how Capcom announced Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD Edition on PC. It was just like "Hey guys, this is a thing, here's a trailer, here's some screenshots to compare our optional new textures with the old, look at all these PC settings, look at these awesome downsampled screens, coming out in a month, bye!"

Chettlar

Banned
How would a rerelease be a newer Halo on PC?

Well, it's newer than the older one is.

Duh.

I love how Capcom announced Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD Edition on PC. It was just like "Hey guys, this is a thing, here's a trailer, here's some screenshots to compare our optional new textures with the old, look at all these PC settings, look at these awesome downsampled screens, coming out in a month, bye!"

That is how I would do ALL of my marketing if I made a
halo
game.

Sounds complicated.

image.php

Dub117

What a wasteful and stupid way to die. A single Spartan, especially Noble Six ("hyper lethal") could have done something useful, instead of staying in one place merely fighting until death. One-Spartan guerrilla campaign can't be outside of Noble Six's skill-set. Or perhaps he could have stolen a Phantom and crashed it to a Covenant cruiser or something like that.
Yeah, hyper-lethal 6 could have done something better. I just remember when i realized he was going to die how it made me feel. I guess that's what I like about it. But you are right, could have been more spectacular.

Madness

Yeah, hyper-lethal 6 could have done something better. I just remember when i realized he was going to die how it made me feel. I guess that's what I like about it. But you are right, could have been more spectacular.

No he couldn't because Bungie wanted him to die there, and like this. What do you imagine Six could have really done, isolated and surrounded by Phantoms, Wraiths, Elites, etc. I knew it would he hopeless because of what they wrote "There'll Be Another Time"...

That's probably one of the best parts of the campaign. Remember, the mission prior, you see just how strong the Covenant invaded, and it was really just you and Emile that far in, and Keyes and Chief barely made it off in the Pillar of Autumn. Sure I'd have liked Six to take a plasma pistol, emp a Banshee, fly into space whatever. But it didn't happen.

Woorloog

Banned
I concur.

Plus the AR is trash anyway. No idea why someone would want it in the first place.
Because it is iconic (visually) Halo weapon. Because it is odd the UNSC's most common weapon is missing from the Cairo Station armory. Because... why not? For campaign only that is.
IMO Halo CEA should have had sandbox and gameplay expansions, brought up to date (BR/DMR, Carbine, Gauss/Rocket 'Hog, playable Wraith, hijacking...). No new enemies though, i think, except perhaps the Engineers.
I'd prefer Halo 2 Anniversary, if it exists, to be more than mere graphics update but i reckon that won't happen.

EDIT oh and that Halo 2 E3 level? ODST. ODST is "Halo 2 E3 level: the game"

EDIT that AR/grenades video? Halo CE AR is rather good on Legendary if used correctly, aggressively enough.

Dub117

No he couldn't because Bungie wanted him to die there, and like this. What do you imagine Six could have really done, isolated and surrounded by Phantoms, Wraiths, Elites, etc. I knew it would he hopeless because of what they wrote "There'll Be Another Time"...

That's probably one of the best parts of the campaign. Remember, the mission prior, you see just how strong the Covenant invaded, and it was really just you and Emile that far in, and Keyes and Chief barely made it off in the Pillar of Autumn. Sure I'd have liked Six to take a plasma pistol, emp a Banshee, fly into space whatever. But it didn't happen.
I did like it. I was not expecting it until it happened, and those feels after I got to know noble six were pretty intense. I was responding to someone else saying he could have done more. Sure, it could have been some crazy blaze of glory Banshee high jack or something, but I liked it regardless.

Edit: I'm torn on the H2A update issue. I played through 2 in 2013 and enjoyed it, minus beam jackals. I have a feeling if they don't change anything people will be upset, and if they do people will be even more upset. Either way, just give me H2 multi until H5. Please.

Because it is iconic (visually) Halo weapon. Because it is odd the UNSC's most common weapon is missing from the Cairo Station armory. Because... why not? For campaign only that is.
IMO Halo CEA should have had sandbox and gameplay expansions, brought up to date (BR/DMR, Carbine, Gauss/Rocket 'Hog, playable Wraith, hijacking...). No new enemies though, i think, except perhaps the Engineers.
I'd prefer Halo 2 Anniversary, if it exists, to be more than mere graphics update but i reckon that won't happen.

EDIT oh and that Halo 2 E3 level? ODST. ODST is "Halo 2 E3 level: the game"

EDIT that AR/grenades video? Halo CE AR is rather good on Legendary if used correctly, aggressively enough.

Halo 2 remake

Halo 2 doesn't have an AR

There's really nothing to discuss

I really don't think H2A will include MP at all. I just don't see them using all those resources porting all those maps and launching a version of Halo MP the hardcore loves RIGHT before Halo 5. I mean, MS would be putting itself in a serious predicament where If people are funny about H5 they will just play H2A and pass.

No way this happens.

I really don't think H2A will include MP at all. I just don't see them using all those resources porting all those maps and launching a version of Halo MP the hardcore loves RIGHT before Halo 5. I mean, MS would be putting itself in a serious predicament where If people are funny about H5 they will just play H2A and pass.

No way this happens.

I could see them making it a limited time thing, like have the MP be going tfor one year than shut down the XBL servers for that game and make it local only.

Chettlar

Banned
Why not add the br to CEA? It wasn't in the game and so it shouldn't be. Leave the sandbox as it was.

Because the BR would be redundant with the pistol. Halo 3 demonstrated that the AR and SMG are not necessarily redundant. Halo CE had a sandbox, and Halo 2 had a sandbox that Halo 3 essentially kept the same. The AR works in both sandboxes, as Halo 3 demonstrated. The BR does not.

Again, it's just something you find some marines holding. Besides, it makes absolutely no sense that the AR would suddenly disappear like that. If only for some story consistency.

I concur.

Plus the AR is trash anyway. No idea why someone would want it in the first place.

Because it's a genuinely good gun if used correctly and it makes no sense story wise why it would just up and disappear like that. It's actually a great gun to use against infection forms for one thing.

No way this happens.
Certain affinity are rumored to be handling multi. Saber doing campaign.

343 is making halo 5. No resources being wasted.

Halo 2 was the killer app for Xbox live when it launched. Longest run at the top of the live charts ever.

Of course it's going to have Multiplayer.

Woorloog

Banned
Halo 2 remake

Halo 2 doesn't have an AR

There's really nothing to discuss

I'd prefer remake to be a proper remake (a game remade with modern engine and stuff), not just an audio-visual update like Halo CEA is (even though it too was marketed as remake). You know, something is actually worth the full price they will charge for it anyway (yeah, sure, Halo CEA was less than full price but it was still too expensive really, not that it prevented me from buying it... *sigh*)

Because the BR would be redundant with the pistol. Halo 3 demonstrated that the AR and SMG are not necessarily redundant. /QUOTE]
*ahem* they're redundant. Very much so. Especially with the Spiker and Plasma Rifle being there too... They all fill the same role: close combat automatic weapon.
Halo CE does have certain elegance with it having only one weapon per role (well, arguably there is some overlap with the Plasma Rifle, AR and Needler). Still prefer wide sandboxes, redundancy be damned.

m23

It will have multiplayer according to the guy who originally leaked the announcement, it's just a matter of how they'll be going about it. Original Halo 2 multiplayer or Halo CEA type multiplayer.

Your about ten years too late for the "it makes no sense" discussion.

People got over it and people didn't really care either.

The br and smg were spiritual successors to the magnum and Ar in a lot of ways.

Chettlar

Banned

No way this happens.

Is it just me or did you not actually read the rumors? Ntkrnl confirmed (via a "ding ding ding" comment) that it would have multiplayer.

If you're not going to believe that, fine. But if so why would you believe the H2A rumors in the first place since...ntkrnl was the one who leaked them.

Omni

Jeeez. Did you even like Halo CE? You start adding those things in and suddenly you've got a different game altogether. Which, really, begs the question: what's the point in doing a remake in the first place?

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. If they make Halo 2 Anniversary, I want exactly that. Halo 2 with some shiny visuals. Added levels or whatever are fine, as long as that core experience is 100% untouched just like CEA.

Is it just me or did you not actually read the rumors? Ntkrnl confirmed (via a "ding ding ding" comment) that it would have multiplayer.

If you're not going to believe that, fine. But if so why would you believe the H2A rumors in the first place since...ntkrnl was the one who leaked them.
Halo CEA has multiplayer too. Don't be such an ass.

Dub117

No way this happens.
If it comes out this year and H5 doesn't come out until 2015 fall, i don't think it would take anything away from it. I do believe it will have multi, first halo on live. No way it doesn't happen!
please not like a Tombstone map in Halo 4 multiplayer

Master Chief 18" Action Figure by Neca $99.99

This detailed 18" action figure is a special tribute to Halo's super-soldier extraordinaire, Master Chief!

The main character in the award-winning series of video games, Master Chief Petty Officer John-117 is a central figure at the forefront of the war against the Covenant and rumored to be the lone survivor of the declassified SPARTAN-II project.

The incredibly authentic sculpt was created directly from the original digital model, and features over 30 points of articulation for great poses. This impressive figure stands 18" tall and comes with game-accurate accessories

I'm looking forward to seeing what this looks like.

Certain affinity are rumored to be handling multi. Saber doing campaign.

343 is making halo 5. No resources being wasted.

Halo 2 was the killer app for Xbox live when it launched. Longest run at the top of the live charts ever.

Of course it's going to have Multiplayer.

Yeah but doesn't CA do a lot of the MP maps for the main titles or is that just DLC?

I still don't see it. Hope I'm wrong. I was getting married and having kids in those years so I missed out on a lot of H2.

Chettlar

Banned
Jeeez. Did you even like Halo CE? You start adding those things in and suddenly you've got a different game altogether. Which, really, begs the question: what's the point in doing a remake in the first place?

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. If they make Halo 2 Anniversary, I want exactly that. Halo 2 with some shiny visuals

...Why? What's the point?

I've actually always wondered how Halo 2's campaign would play with an AR. One of Halo's strongest points is how differently it plays depending on the weapons you use. Replaying Halo 2 with the AR could be really interesting if you've already played it without it.

And if you want to play the campaign without it...just, don't pick it up. Again, spawn loadout would be what it normally is. AR would just be some weapon you can pick up.

Halo actually works really well when you expand the sandbox. It's strong point is how it helps to engender creative and diverse gameplay. Adding the AR to the game as a purely optional thing can only enhance this.

Halo CEA has multiplayer too. Don't be such an ass.

How am I being an ass? What has CEA got to do with anything? You're coming off as really, like, annoyed today.

As you can see, per the post above this, the jhferry still doesn't know about what my post was about. The post was meant to inform, nothing more. He just hasn't read it yet, it would appear.

No way this happens.
It wouldnt make sense to not put it. 343 isnt the one doing it so how is it wasting?

Because the BR would be redundant with the pistol. Halo 3 demonstrated that the AR and SMG are not necessarily redundant. Halo CE had a sandbox, and Halo 2 had a sandbox that Halo 3 essentially kept the same. The AR works in both sandboxes, as Halo 3 demonstrated. The BR does not.

Again, it's just something you find some marines holding. Besides, it makes absolutely no sense that the AR would suddenly disappear like that. If only for some story consistency.
It absolutely did prove that, and it's the chief reason you don't see the SMG in Reach, or the Spiker in the default set of competitive MP weapons. Bungie directly stated these weapons were redundant in H3 and that's why they removed them from Reach.
I'd prefer remake to be a proper remake (a game remade with modern engine and stuff), not just an audio-visual update like Halo CEA is (even though it too was marketed as remake). You know, something is actually worth the full price they will charge for it anyway (yeah, sure, Halo CEA was less than full price but it was still too expensive really, not that it prevented me from buying it... *sigh*)
Doesn't mean you have to start adding new sandbox elements. Not to mention redundant ones.
That's what I was gonna do.
image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom