• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if that is the best level of the next game?
staredog.gif

844_076.jpg

Omni

That's about the extent of Halo 2: Vista's online population these days. It peaks up every time there is an announcement of it going offline though

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So, when we all going to play h2v then? Looks like we got a few other people who dled it.
I have it, but have never played it. I just tried running it on my new PC, and I'm getting all kinds of "compatibility issues" messages that I'm ignoring. I'm running Windows 8.1 on a very bare bones machine -- should I worry? I hate PC gaming because I hate trouble shooting, so if anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate it!

Edit : WTF, I need an activation key? I don't have one. :-(

Edit 2 : This is such a pain in the ass. I hate PC gaming so much, lol.

Caayn

Good to see that I'm not the only one who likes the flood.
Speaking of those doors I always liked the backdoor slide on isolation.
155877.gif

I have it, but have never played it. I just tried running it on my new PC, and I'm getting all kinds of "compatibility issues" messages that I'm ignoring. I'm running Windows 8.1 on a very bare bones machine -- should I worry? I hate PC gaming because I hate trouble shooting, so if anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate it!

There should be an activation key on a yellow sticker inside of the box.

belushy

Banned

If you figure out the CD Key problem, do this stuff that Monkey posted. It should help with aiming.

Nebula

We've been trying to give positive and constructive feedback since Reach but it feels like no one is listening. That might be why these Industry people on Twitter are bagging on the game. That and the 140 character limit.

We've been trying to give positive and constructive feedback since Reach but it feels like no one is listening. That might be why these Industry people on Twitter are bagging on the game. That and the 140 character limit.

To be fair no one complained nearly as much with Reach as H4 so we will see their response on the next title.

Chettlar

Banned

Apparently you don't have Hoyt's level of knowledge, idk.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that developers tell people to vote with their wallets and play time, and then when people do negatively, nothing changes?

Except this is completely wrong. People complained just as much during the Reach days.

I disagree, H4 is by far the most complaints i've ever seen and i have been checking out forums for Halo since Halo 2.

they aren't looking for dissenting opinions on their game. even though we've been giving them constructive criticism since the Game Informer article leaked.

How are you sure they aren't looking for dissenting opinions? By that time[game informer] things were set in place so you can really change much. Now if the next title is the same thing then we can say that.

Nebula

We have not been lucky in terms of having decent teammates. Think we got someone who went <5 kills and >10 deaths every game. Good games anyway Storm. I got some clips to capture :)

TheOddOne

I disagree, H4 is by far the most complaints i've ever seen and i have been checking out forums for Halo since Halo 2.
I guess you must have missed the countless OT's where we complained about Armor Lock, Jetpack, Active Camo, Atom bomb Grenades, black screens, shots not registering, Forge maps, matchmaking, hitboxes, Bloom and so forth. If you somehow missed all of that in a span of two years, I would say you would be right.

I guess you must have missed the countless OT's where we complained about Armor Lock, Jetpack, Active Camo, Atom bomb Grenades, black screens, shots not registering, Forge maps, matchmaking, hitboxes, Bloom and so forth. If you somehow missed all of that in a span of two years, I would say you would be right.

For Halo 4 people complained before the game even launched, for Reach it took it to release for complaints to start coming. H4 list of complaints are also far larger.

TheOddOne

For Halo 4 people complained before the game even launched, for Reach it took it to release for complaints to start coming. H4 list of complaints are also far larger.
I guess you missed the Reach beta, too? Oh, those were fun times!
No, even then flaws could be seen

Reach and H4 has been equally shit on. Trying to qualify one of the other is a waste of time.

TheXbox

I guess you missed the Reach beta, too? Oh, those were fun times!
No, even then flaws could be seen

Reach and H4 has been equally shit on. Trying to qualify one of the other is a waste of time.
I don't know if you can qualify which of the two got "shit on" the most by the community (Halo 2 might beat them both), but you can definitely qualify which one people think was better. Reach has a higher metascore from critics as well as players, and of course it had a much higher playerbase one year post-launch than Halo 4 did. For my money, I think the vitriol aimed at Halo 4 is a lot more frequent and a lot more extreme than it was for Reach, and the numbers reflect that.

I don't know if you can qualify which of the two got "shit on" the most by the community (Halo 2 might beat them both), but you can definitely qualify which one people think was better. Reach has a higher metascore from critics as well as players, and of course it had a much higher playerbase one year post-launch than Halo 4 did. For my money, I think the vitriol aimed at Halo 4 is a lot more frequent and a lot more extreme than it was for Reach, and the numbers reflect that.

That is exactly what i mean.

Mistel

Banned
We have not been lucky in terms of having decent teammates. Think we got someone who went <5 kills and >10 deaths every game. Good games anyway Storm. I got some clips to capture :)
I met multiple deaths at the hands of jetpacker's, are you going to capture the one were I splatter the guy in mid air just after you launched them with the wraith? It all went bad towards the end though...

which Halo you were playing?
We were playing 4.

Nebula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom