• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
When I hear people say homophobic / sexist / racist / etc. shit on XBL I try to provoke them into repeatedly betraying me until the "boot from game" prompt finally comes up, then I let the prompt sit there for like three minutes. I eventually push the button and at that point they don't even see it coming. I should get some recording equipment and make a rage message montage.

Anyways, maybe Halo 5 will have a perk that will let us consistently boot people who betray on purpose.

When I hear people say homophobic / sexist / racist / etc. shit on XBL I try to provoke them into repeatedly betraying me until the "boot from game" prompt finally comes up, then I let the prompt sit there for like three minutes. I eventually push the button and at that point they don't even see it coming. I should get some recording equipment and make a rage message montage.

Anyways, maybe Halo 5 will have a perk that will let us consistently boot people who betray on purpose.
So it sounds like you have to have actually played Halo for a grand total of 3 minutes given how often that happens on Live.

GECK

Grow up and use the mute feature. Instead of screwing over the non-douches on the team every other game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So it sounds like you have to have actually played Halo for a grand total of 3 minutes given how often that happens on Live.
It's way too common, but sometimes I can go several matches without people saying anything shitty (or anything at all, in this post-party chat world).

Grow up and use the mute feature. Instead of screwing over the non-douches on the team every other game.
No

Why don't you just mute them, report them and get on with the game?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why don't you just mute them, report them and get on with the game?
Cause I want to make their life worse, if even in a small way. It's fun and it helps me feel better. I report them, too, of course.

Ghazi

I really kinda wish that H2A would come out on the 360 as well, so we could have at least one definitive, modern Halo game that was really good on for 2014/past.

It's unfortunate that Halo 4 has to be the 360's "Halo swan song".

Watching Ninja's stream now actually makes the game look kinda fun, but from what I felt last weekend I know it's everything but...

Chettlar

Banned
I really kinda wish that H2A would come out on the 360 as well, so we could have at least one definitive, modern Halo game that was really good on for 2014/past.

It's unfortunate that Halo 4 has to be the 360's "Halo swan song".

#Halo5on360

Go for it.

Makes you wonder if the title of that mission "Cortana" is some sort of wide-spread Freudian slip all across Bungie...

c6vHbh8.jpg

Also I bet a fiver if/when Warher returns a Stormtrooper pooper drawing is inbound...

Chettlar

Banned
I don't know how to say this, but the mix of listening to this song while reading these comments about stormtrooper's post are making a very interesting mix. Not sure why, since it's just Banjo-Kazooie.

wwm0nkey

You should try getting it added to the PCGamingWiki article for Halo 2.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Halo_2

Never edited a wiki in my life so im just gonna repost my stuff here in hopes someone who knows how to does.

Just download DSfix and do the following

-Disable Vsync in game
-Enable windowed mode in game
-Open DSfix.ini and make the following changes
-Set resolution to your monitor resolution
-unlock FPS
-Set FPS cap to your refreshrate
-Allow for borderless window mode
-Make sure vsync is not enabled in DSfix.ini
-Download this and use the FoV app
-Set FoV to your preference.

Enjoy.

Ghazi

They usually don't deal with it well, hence the need for me to get recording equipment.

I hope you're not telling me to ignore racist / sexist / etc comments.

Dude.... It's the internet, no even worse, it's Xbox Live. While you shouldn't ignore them, getting worked up over every single one while it's happening like every other match is a little ridiculous.

why not just get an xbox one then?

Sure, but it took me until 2011 to get a 360 of my own, rather than playing on a friend's for H3 (which was so fun, I miss those days, it's all gone downhill since I bought my own system). One is $500 as well, not happening any time soon as I have no job. Not to mention neither of my parents support gaming at all, and probably wouldn't let me drop $500 on an Xbox One even if I had the money.

At first I was slightly picky about my next gen system, then my senses came back to me and I realized I'd be lucky to end up with either of them within the next 5 or 6 years.

Maybe after college....
:)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Dude.... It's the internet, no even worse, it's Xbox Live. While you shouldn't ignore them, getting worked up over every single one while it's happening like every other match is a little ridiculous.
Worked up? I'm just having fun antagonizing people who say bigoted shit.

belushy

Banned
god damn foundation bullshit

@RIFLESARM #THANKSOSCAR #CAMBIEN_la_MAPA

Lol. Yeah, its been very unorganized.

edit: Sorry Napsta but after we are done with this next round of achievements I'm done. Others might stay on and play, though. I will definitely play tomorrow. Hopefully we do real games instead of achievement hunting.

Madness

Lol. Yeah, its been very unorganized.

edit: Sorry Napsta but after we are done with this next round of achievements I'm done. Others might stay on and play, though. I will definitely play tomorrow. Hopefully we do real games instead of achievement hunting.

Which achievements did you guys go for?

Ramirez

Next time on "People who have too much time on their hands", we explore sticking it to the man who disrespects females in a game lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom