• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghazi

I'd love to, but I hate doing that so much. It always takes hours and hours and then being put on hold for even more hours, I just... I'd rather spend money on another one, but I really can't afford that atm. :(
"So much"?

A) are you just calling them up everyday during lunch for someone to talk to?

B) You bought a product from them that isn't working, it's their obligation to fix it or replace it for you.

C) of the three times I've contacted support in my life, I have rarely been delayed or help up for a very long time. Actually, the Xbox support has been pretty good in the past IMO.

Chettlar

Banned
"So much"?

A) are you just calling them up everyday during lunch for someone to talk to?

B) You bought a product from them that isn't working, it's their obligation to fix it or replace it for you.

C) of the three times I've contacted support in my life, I have rarely been delayed or help up for a very long time. Actually, the Xbox support has been pretty good in the past IMO.

I've had a completely different experience with them. It's always taken forever, and I get constantly sent from place to place, waiting to finally talk to them and then get referred to someone else until I finally get referred back right to where I started and get told that "Oh, heh here's your problem." or "Sorry, can't help you even though our agreement said we would." (referring to a complicated issue about Windows).

I've only done it three times, so maybe I could try again, but I don't know. I don't look forward to it.

EDIT: is Xbox support separate from Microsoft's main support?

I've had a completely different experience with them. It's always taken forever, and I get constantly sent from place to place, waiting to finally talk to them and then get referred to someone else until I finally get referred back right to where I started and get told that "Oh, heh here's your problem." or "Sorry, can't help you even though our agreement said we would." (referring to a complicated issue about Windows).

I've only done it three times, so maybe I could try again, but I don't know. I don't look forward to it.

EDIT: is Xbox support separate from Microsoft's main support?
I think so. Every time I've called about an issue they've been super cool about it. It was funny, I was calling about cancelling auto-renewal after the fact (since I had a 12-month card waiting to go and forgot) and apparently they train them to mention gamerscore or something "yeah, cool, so it looks like you got a good amount of gamerscore..."

EDIT: That Excel graph is a little misleading I think because both ODST and CEA boosted other games' multiplayer (3 and Reach, respectively). So it looks like CEA helped address that drop-off Reach was having at the time. I think.

oh dear god, how will we ever remember which one you missed
from the multiple times we lost you during the night

next time halo 2 masochist fest is happening, we will make sure you are taken care of

It's all good lol, and funk my bad that i was not paying attention. I kept alt tabbing checking some stuff out online.

Chettlar

Banned
I think so. Every time I've called about an issue they've been super cool about it. It was funny, I was calling about cancelling auto-renewal after the fact (since I had a 12-month card waiting to go and forgot) and apparently they train them to mention gamerscore or something "yeah, cool, so it looks like you got a good amount of gamerscore..."

EDIT: That Excel graph is a little misleading I think because both ODST and CEA boosted other games' multiplayer (3 and Reach, respectively). So it looks like CEA helped address that drop-off Reach was having at the time. I think.

Huh. Idk then. I've had nothing but inconvenience and time wasted trying to work things out with them. I'll try it when I get the chance, but I'm not holding my breath.

Just wondering, has anybody called Microsoft about a similar issue? About a key not working or something like that? If so, how did everything work. Did they send you a new one or something like that?

heckfu

Banned
EZDKCog.png

Havoc2049

True, but mightn't this also be due to the fact that people were so fed up with Reach that when 4 comes along and does the same shit that they're just like:

617e60cd351cb957c3e88028c33677c352.png

^^^^^
This.

A reboot on a new platform starting with H2A multiplayer and building on that would be a brilliant move by Microsoft, IMO. Then throw in a solid campaign in Halo 5, along with the rebooted multiplayer and Halo will be back at or near the top, IMO.

Dub117

So I was browsing Youtube for various alien conspiracy and boredom reasons, and the Scanned trailer popped up. Watched it again, and it is amazing. I wish I could have a whole piece like that. That seriously got me hyped for 4. I don't love the way they advertised H4, but that spot was great.

Edit: i guess what i'm trying to say is I would love another one like that for Halo 5. Maybe a glimpse into what we have heard about in chief's past or maybe between him and Cortana, live action with badass moments thrown in.

TheOddOne

You can't act like Reach and Halo 4 experienced identical player loss. Halo 4 lost 75% of its playerbase in three weeks, and since then it's been on a steady decline, now sitting at something like 20000. Reach easily got three times that on a regular basis a year after launch. It's not even close. I was around on B.net well before Reach came out, so believe me I know what you're talking about. People bitched about Reach, I know that. All I think is that if you want to know how people feel about a game, look at who's playing it. In the case of Halo 4, just about no one.
Did I ever say that? No. "Both had a sharp decline" says nothing about them equally declining as fast. I think you are missing the point I was making, and to focus only on the plater decline seems like a weird thing to push out the overall context I was getting at. Player decline was one of the examples of how both Reach and H4 were being equall scorn by the fans.

ohh i love me some halo :D i didn't no where to post this, but i make halo 4 gun syncs everyone :3 halo will live on :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XQLC4SPGnU&feature=gp-n-y

This is actually pretty darn cool. Nice job!

why thank you :) they wanted me to post this on the xbox one OT when i made a new one, but it got closed down :/ so now i can't show them my new gun sync :(
Interesting original Halo content is basically always welcome here.

True, but mightn't this also be due to the fact that people were so fed up with Reach that when 4 comes along and does the same shit that they're just like:

617e60cd351cb957c3e88028c33677c352.png

Yeah this.

I have a lot of friends who hated but stuck with Reach far longer than they stuck with 4. With 4 it was an almost instant... "They fucked it up again :(" and left.

I think with Reach people where still in denial for a long period.

Or they actually liked the game.

I think with Halo 4 there are people who actually liked the game. What is your point?

There are also other people who stuck with it because it was called halo and after so many years of good halo games they stuck with it longer than they otherwise might have done.

^^^^^
This.

A reboot on a new platform starting with H2A multiplayer and building on that would be a brilliant move by Microsoft, IMO. Then throw in a solid campaign in Halo 5, along with the rebooted multiplayer and Halo will be back at or near the top, IMO.

Agreed, once they sell the console to the old faithful they can continue to guarantee selling the newer games to them.

If Halo 2 anniversary happens I will almost certainly buy a one for it. I will then continue to buy the new Halo games out of a weird loyalty/ investment even if I dont particularly like them any more.

If H2A does not happen I will more strongly consider the One on the merits of Halo 5 alone.

Been lurking posting now and then for a while but thought i'd do one of these.

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
Probably about a year, i lurk a lot and post now and then.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)
A/S/L then ;), 33/M/UK Kent/London to be specific.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
Since CE, i bought an Xbrick on the back of the first CE adverts and played that game into the ground, Mainly spent Halo 2 playing snipers before i joined a Bungie group for Halo 3 and found some great friends.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
Multiplayer

What is your favorite playlist?
Snipers or Objective

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
I know Sikamikanico in RL i know he lurks/posts here now and then. Used to post on Bungie.net back in the Halo 3 days under the same name. As for other games, anything really, the PGR series has a special place in my heart and i hate MS for going with Forza (which i despise) over it, although Forza Horizon was a great game and gave me hope arcade racers aren't dead.

I also have a Xbox One and i'm really looking forward to Titanfall next month.

Nowise10

I think with Halo 4 there are people who actually liked the game. What is your point?

There are also other people who stuck with it because it was called halo and after so many years of good halo games they stuck with it longer than they otherwise might have done.

Then what was your original point for saying "With Reach people were just in denial"?

Been lurking posting now and then for a while but thought i'd do one of these.

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
Probably about a year, i lurk a lot and post now and then.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)
A/S/L then ;), 33/M/UK Kent/London to be specific.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
Since CE, i bought an Xbrick on the back of the first CE adverts and played that game into the ground, Mainly spent Halo 2 playing snipers before i joined a Bungie group for Halo 3 and found some great friends.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
Multiplayer

What is your favorite playlist?
Snipers or Objective

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
I know Sikamikanico in RL i know he lurks/posts here now and then. Used to post on Bungie.net back in the Halo 3 days under the same name. As for other games, anything really, the PGR series has a special place in my heart and i hate MS for going with Forza (which i despise) over it, although Forza Horizon was a great game and gave me hope arcade racers aren't dead.

I also have a Xbox One and i'm really looking forward to Titanfall next month.

Welcome mate, loved PGR and the kudos system, too bad it doesn't have a sequel. I feel bad I don't play Forza on X1 more, maybe now I finished ACIV...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom