• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula

Hey guys, this is my first post on NeoGaf, and I have some videos from a tournament that I recently ran that I'd like to share with you guys. I just don't know if I should post it in this dedicated Halo thread, or some other place. So I figured I'd ask what the general etiquette is here for posting something like that, rather than posting some tournament videos in the wrong section of this site. If people are cool with it, then I'll post them on here. I'm just looking for some feedback and what not.

Was it a Halo tournament?

Tashi's hiring is real? Goddamn, big congratulations dude. I wish you nothing but the best and hope you're able to get in there and help make a great game.

I hope Tashi mentioned the MLG bonus in his resume, if not, I'm asking myself who the hell checks the resumes at Microsoft or 343i and how he even got the job then.

Is he a community manager?

I don't think he has the coordination for anything like that. Janitor, most likely.

yekFvY6.png

Chettlar

Banned
Woah that's awesome news tashi!

Oh and I've never seen this footage of deleted halo content until now. Just holy shit...
The amount of potential Halo 3 could have been even more epic is amazing...

Heh:

Halo5follower said:
I am definitely making a vid on this!

I chuckled.

Oh, and uh...enemy boarding was done in Reach. Though not on hunters. I'm not sure if I like that though. Seems too easy comparatively. I like hunters being super scary and hard to take down.

That's cool if they got tashi. There has been people that left 343 and some that came as new. I know they have a new guy from blizzard that did the rank system. Some artist left for new ones too right? And the story guy from bioshock is there. Lets see what happens.

So how would people feel if they updated halo 2 multiplayer to add more medals and switch the multi kill medals around?

What about If they added a new weapon to the sandbox or did some balance tweaks like sword ammo?

I just watched a Halo 2 montage by phurion and one thing that popped into my head was how they updated the visuals but kept the old geometry of the previous bsp so that you could clip into textures or float above them. I hope if they retexture MP maps they map them to the old BSP pixel for pixel.

Chettlar

Banned
So how would people feel if they updated halo 2 multiplayer to add more medals and switch the multi kill medals around?

What about If they added a new weapon to the sandbox or did some balance tweaks like sword ammo?

I just watched a Halo 2 montage by phurion and one thing that popped into my head was how they updated the visuals but kept the old geometry of the previous bsp so that you could clip into textures or float above them. I hope if they retexture MP maps they map them to the old BSP pixel for pixel.

I would say no to the bolded. A few things that people had issues with back then like sword ammo could be fixed if done right, but I thinking changing the sandbox up too much could be really detrimental to that.

wwm0nkey

New medals? Okay

New weapons? NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now what would also be acceptable

-New game modes (Zombies, Firefight, brand new mode)
-Return of Clans and Clan matches
-Theater and Forge

Out there things that would be acceptable (for me) that will never happen in ANY Halo game.

- Clan warfare mode, pick from Forerunner, Human, Covenant and form a clan and battle over a massive land mass (or Halo) to win an ongoing war.

Chettlar

Banned
If they can manage it, I would really appreciate Theatre and campaign scoring being in Halo 2 Anniversary. Both do not affect gameplay and are as optional as you can get, but both would be great additions.

EDIT: I'd be cool with some H3 maps in 2 anniversary, like Guardian, Valhalla, Epitaph, etc.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If real, good to see Tashi hired. He's been promoting a terrible game his damndest and it's cool to see him get some recognition.

FyreWulff

It'd be nice if you could actually tell what the medals are this time.

White blobs weren't a real good idea for them in the original game.

Chettlar

Banned
Spectator mode is the dream

Oh yes, I forgot:

Spectator mode, via something like smart glass or even a dedicated iOS/Android/WP8 app.

That'd be pretty cool. Say I can't play with a bunch of friends because I'm on a plane or whatever, so I just pull up my laptop (because WP8 apps work on W8 desktop) or my iphone and watch them play.

wwm0nkey

Oh yes, I forgot:

Spectator mode, via something like smart glass or even a dedicated iOS/Android/WP8 app.

That'd be pretty cool. Say I can't play with a bunch of friends because I'm on a plane or whatever, so I just pull up my laptop (because WP8 apps work on W8 desktop) or my iphone and watch them play.
In-game too though.

Chettlar

Banned
You were talking about using apps for speciating. Just saying it needs to also be in-game.

Oh, duh, I see. How would you do implement that then?

I just ask because I'm still working on a UI mockup for a future Halo game like we were doing earlier and thought I might include that. Like, what menus would it be under and stuff.

wwm0nkey

Oh, duh, I see. How would you do implement that then?

I just ask because I'm still working on a UI mockup for a future Halo game like we were doing earlier and thought I might include that. Like, what menus would it be under and stuff.
Would just be another "team" you would have Red, Blue and spectator. In a FFA match you would see everyone but spectators would be in their own bracket.

Chettlar

Banned
Would just be another "team" you would have Red, Blue and spectator. In a FFA match you would see everyone but spectators would be in their own bracket.

I guess I'm asking more how you get into the spectator thing. Like, say once you're in the matchmaking lobby, what do you select to be a spectator and not a player? Where is the option to do that on the screen? Just trying to visualize it.

heckfu

Banned
Microsoft are scraping the bottom of the barrel hard, that's for sure.

Remember when your team promised a halo community book and took everyone's money and STILL haven't followed through almost two years later? at least Tashi follows through and doesn't scam people out of money.

and yes, i know yall send out updates but seriously. the book was promised forever ago and money was due even before that. get your own shit together.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Remember when your team promised a halo community book and took everyone's money and STILL haven't followed through almost two years later? at least Tashi follows through and doesn't scam people out of money.

and yes, i know yall send out updates but seriously. the book was promised forever ago and money was due before that. get your own shit together.

You want to accuse me of scamming people? You had better back up that claim instead of using the hiring of your brown nosing buddy to hide behind.

Had you bothered to read the updates you would have realised we've been increasing the scope of community involvement and content. We've been working on the book this entire time and final product will show it.

Yeah, real poor form trying to use that. Pathetic.

heckfu

Banned
You want to accuse me of scamming people? You had better back up that claim instead of using the hiring of your brown nosing buddy to hide behind.

i paid money to a kickstarter for a book. that was a long time ago.

i have not received the book by the promised time.

i still am out of the money i donated.

TheOddOne

Microsoft are scraping the bottom of the barrel hard, that's for sure.

and yes, i know yall send out updates but seriously. the book was promised forever ago and money was due even before that. get your own shit together.

M%C3%A9lanie-Laurent-Is-Awkward-In-Inglorious-Basterds-Reaction-Gif.gif

ElRenoRaven

DAMN

Had you bothered to read the updates you would have realised we've been increasing the scope of community involvement and content. We've been working on the book this entire time and final product will show it.

Yeah, real poor form trying to use that. Pathetic.

OH DAMNNN

i paid money to a kickstarter for a book. that was a long time ago.

i have not received the book by the promised time.

i still am out of the money i donated.

OH DAAAAAAMMMMNNNNNN!!!

Um I don't think I've seen Halogaf bicker at each other like this in a long while. Time to pull out some popcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom