• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
To their credit it does say Estimated delivery.

If I have an estimated delivery date set for one of my orders I hope it isn't even 2 months late.. now we are speaking of almost a whole year too late.

Hell I don't call it scamming, but Slightly Live throwing shit at Tashi and calling it scraping the bottom of a barrel is Bullshit.

Tashi supported a game most of us disliked and spend a lot of time trying to improve it.

While SL mostly just comes over here to link to his site and yeah...

Why do I get involved in this.

Hey guys, this is my first post on NeoGaf, and I have some videos from a tournament that I recently ran that I'd like to share with you guys. I just don't know if I should post it in this dedicated Halo thread, or some other place. So I figured I'd ask what the general etiquette is here for posting something like that, rather than posting some tournament videos in the wrong section of this site. If people are cool with it, then I'll post them on here. I'm just looking for some feedback and what not.

Welcome, feel free to post it in here if you like mate. Where was your tourney, how many played etc?

If you have a bunch of videos perhaps make a new thread with a snappy title in gaming side. Smaller things are usually posted here and bigger stuffs get their own threads on gaming side. Just include details either why.

Congrats on holding a tournament! Solid community contribution, big or small.

Your first name better not be Phil, Mr. Fish ;) Fucking FEZ wanker that developer.

Congrats Tashi! Seattle here you come.

joker_eatin_popcorn_by0k8c.gif

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
While SL mostly just comes over here to link to his site and yeah....

I've been a member of this community about 5 years before you joined. Years before my own site. I do not come here just to link my site. Feel free to peruse my post history and tally up any posts with links to my site against those with no links.

ElRenoRaven

If I have an estimated delivery date set for one of my orders I hope it isn't even 2 months late.. now we are speaking of almost a whole year too late.

Hell I don't call it scamming, but Slightly Live throwing shit at Tashi and calling it scraping the bottom of a barrel is Bullshit.

Tashi supported a game most of us disliked and spend a lot of time trying to improve it.

While SL mostly just comes over here to link to his site and yeah...

Why do I get involved in this.

Oh I'm not defending them really. I'm just saying. Personally I'd forgotten all about it to be honest. I figure if I ever see it I see it. If not then oh well that's the risk of kickstarter.

IHaveIce

Banned
I've been a member of this community about 5 years before you joined. Years before my own site. I do not come here just to link my site. Feel free to peruse my post history and tally up any posts with links to my site against those with no links.

I should have added "lately" or "mostly"

wwm0nkey

Personally I like Tashi and I'm happy he got a job there, but pulling out kickstarter stuff against some who doesnt like him or doesnt like that he got the job is ehhhhhh. There are projects there that people really do take the money and run but its more common for the scope of the thing to change and hit a bunch of delays.

But yeah, Halo.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I should have added "lately" or "mostly"

Lately or mostly? Why do most people continue to post here depite the majority not even playing Halo any longer? But still, look at my recent posts even. I haven't even had many links to post here. Your perception of my post history is not correct.

To spell it out, I have nothing against Tashi personally. If he's really been hired, that's good for him, but it sends out a terrible message.

And folks here, not too long ago, were pretty harsh towards "d slurpin" to coin the phrase as it was used here. Now this attitude has been reversed, by the very people that expressed it, because one of our own get hired? That is bullshit. You guys constantly shit on Speedy yet praise Tashi. That's a double standard.

Welcome, feel free to post it in here if you like mate. Where was your tourney, how many played etc?

If you have a bunch of videos perhaps make a new thread with a snappy title in gaming side. Smaller things are usually posted here and bigger stuffs get their own threads on gaming side. Just include details either why.

Congrats on holding a tournament! Solid community contribution, big or small.

Your first name better not be Phil, Mr. Fish ;) Fucking FEZ wanker that developer.

Congrats Tashi! Seattle here you come.
What's wrong with Phil Fish? He made a great game and I'm sad he canceled Fez 2 was canceled. :(

heckfu

Banned
There's no need to be upset, folks! Everyone's just having a good time.

Unrelated: if anyone has seen $125 of mine, I seem to have misplaced it.

Start a $100k kickstarter to release premade gametypes so you can afford a majestic map pack code. Trust me it'll work.

And you can estimate delivery whenever you want! It's an estimate after all.

(jk dani!!!)

wwm0nkey

Meh, I'll take a Majestic Map Pack code as a sort of payment now that Tashi can smuggle them from 343's headquarters or should I start a kickstarter instead lol?
Start a $100k kickstarter to release premade gametypes so you can afford a majestic map pack code. Trust me it'll work.

What's wrong with Phil Fish? He made a great game and I'm sad he canceled Fez 2 was canceled. :(
Dude was pretty much an asshole. Yelled at people and cried when it backfired also said PCs were not for gaming and more for spreadsheets. Yet when he did release it there it became the best selling version.

IHaveIce

Banned
Dani is good peoples though <3

Lately or mostly? Why do most people continue to post here depite the majority not even playing Halo any longer? But still, look at my recent posts even. I haven't even had many links to post here. Your perception of my post history is not correct.

Well indeed it seems my perception is not correct. Again I will hold of any comment about the book thing, and maybe you have problems with Tashi or something, it just felt really out of place.

No worries.

Also Gabo if there is really no option for you, I'll buy you the mappack somehow, how many MS points do you need?

Just search Google, dude is all sorts of crazy arrogant, insular and worse. I just hope he never returns to the industry. Oh and I want my $5 back from Steam, I refuse to play it and wish I never gave that fuck any money.

ElRenoRaven

Just search Google, dude is all sorts of crazy arrogant, insular and worse. I just hope he never returns to the industry. Oh and I want my $5 back from Steam, I refuse to play it and wish I never gave that fuck any money.

Yea the dude managed to take being an asshole to an entirely new level.

Caayn

Hey guys, this is my first post on NeoGaf, and I have some videos from a tournament that I recently ran that I'd like to share with you guys. I just don't know if I should post it in this dedicated Halo thread, or some other place. So I figured I'd ask what the general etiquette is here for posting something like that, rather than posting some tournament videos in the wrong section of this site. If people are cool with it, then I'll post them on here. I'm just looking for some feedback and what not.
Welcome to Gaf.

Well indeed it seems my perception is not correct. Again I will hold of any comment about the book thing, and maybe you have problems with Tashi or something, it just felt really out of place.

No worries.

Also Gabo if there is really no option for you, I'll buy you the mappack somehow, how many MS points do you need?
Thing is since MS went from MS Points to actual money I could not use yours since we have different money currency, dollars and euros. That's how it works now afaik.

I was hoping for a spare map pack code or something like that.

IHaveIce

Banned
Thing is since MS went from MS Points to actual money I could not use yours since we have different money currency, dollars and euros. That's how it works now afaik.

I was hoping for a spare map pack code or something like that.

I'm also from Europe, my Euros should help you quite well :x

Spare map pack code is not in my power :(

Chettlar

Banned
Phil Fish was basically just kind of...not right in the head. Seriously, killing himself if his game wasn't an absolute success? Giving death threats to somebody who gives him a personal criticism? Cancelling a sequel out of sheer butthurt? (which I might add, was some of the biggest butthurt I've seen in years).

Angry Joe actually does a good job of explaining what went down.

Nowise10

Phil Fish was basically just kind of...not right in the head. Seriously, killing himself if his game wasn't an absolute success? Giving death threats to somebody who gives him a personal criticism? Cancelling a sequel out of sheer butthurt? (which I might add, was some of the biggest butthurt I've seen in years).

Angry Joe actually does a good job of explaining what went down.

Im okay with him. I don't hate him, he seems like someone that just can't handle stress that well and bottles it all up until he explodes.

And he never said he would kill himself if his game wasn't a success. He said he would kill himself if his game ended up getting scrapped after spending 4 years making it, do to legal issues with his ex-friend, but it turned out they made an agreement.

Chettlar

Banned
Im okay with him. I don't hate him, he seems like someone that just can't handle stress that well and bottles it all up until he explodes.

And he never said he would kill himself if his game wasn't a success. He said he would kill himself if his game ended up getting scrapped after spending 4 years making it, do to legal issues with his ex-friend, but it turned out they made an agreement.

I don't hate him either. I just kind of feel bad for him. One of his main issues is getting so attached to his work. I mean, yeah it's easy to say don't do that when you have nothing invested into that yourself, but at the same time, I think he really took it to another level. He is partially responsible for how much stress he was put under.

Also, doodle lover Wahrer and I have been working on a never seen before objective based gametype for a while now, he really is an imaginative guy and his ideas show it.

Can't wait to share it with you guys once it's finished.

Seriously? Just because Phil Fish is a human being who says stuff which is on his mind in public, you hate him? And please do your fucking research before claiming you want your $5 back for one of the most beautiful looking video games with one of the greatest OST of all time because FEZ is not solely developed by Phil Fish. Idiots are everywhere. Idiots with shitty opinions are at 343i, too.

Btw. are you one of the guys who think video games are art?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom