• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

They need to save all the 'gimmicks' and extra for when more people have Xbox One's and that they are capable of pulling it off ie. Cloud services, all kinds of new features and toolsets.

I hope they play it safe with Halo 5, don't bite off more than they can chew, aim for a seamless 60 fps gameplay experience, have ALL features working and ready to go at launch etc.

The focus of the next game should be to bring back the dwindling player base, make sure that EVERYONE is satisfied. I know people want this and that, want it to be some amazing AAAA game, blah blah. I just want a dependable game, a game that is polished. It's good that there are hints of a beta. The launch day/week/month of Halo 5 will be key in all this.

Tashi lived on the east coast, 343i is in Seattle, he's literally travelling across the country for this job. That has nothing to do with living in the right location.

Tashi is the guy behind Doubles Pro in Halo 4 and has been championing BR starts, no radar and and symmetrical maps from the get go. He even outright stated that his least favorite gametype was Infinity Slayer when he was the Halo Waypoint Community Member of the Week. Tashi's roots and preferences are firmly planted in OG Halo, just because he's a nice guy doesn't mean he's a pushover.

I don't recall anyone saying he shat on the community, people are just calling him out over a pretty rude comment.

I don't know what his position is, but it probably has nothing to do with design.

No one said that at all. The book thing was brought up simply to stir up some shit, but that doesn't excuse Dani's comment either.

In that case I have high hopes with his hiring. Thanks for dropping the info bombs.

Mix

Will everyone who wishes to be part of the next Halo 2 PC night either PM me or quote this post

Id would like to make a list of all the GT's so I can get a sheet going of all the achievements yall need, although the other night was a bit messy,
truachievements and
I have figured out the most efficient ways to take care of business.

We will be more organized next time ("it can only go up from here" mentality)

Much thanks to everyone who helped me 100% the other night, Id like to return as many favors as possible
I'm ready for it!
GT: MIXMASTERCHlEF

ElRenoRaven

Yea I'm always down for some Halo 2. Don't care about the achievements though. It's not like I'll ever 100 percent that goddamn game anyway due to my kryptonite called legendary campaign. I swear. Every damn game except Halo 2. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

FyreWulff

Yea I'm always down for some Halo 2. Don't care about the achievements though. It's not like I'll ever 100 percent that goddamn game anyway due to my kryptonite called legendary campaign. I swear. Every damn game except Halo 2. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Same here. Be sure to play with a controller though.

It's not enough to get past the jackal snipers, the hardest part of the damn thing is getting out of the first room of Gravemind.

Omni

It's not enough to get past the jackal snipers, the hardest part of the damn thing is getting out of the first room of Gravemind.
Haha yeah. I have trouble doing that on heroic, let alone legendary. I always resort to hiding up on the stage bits on the side with a carbine and hoping to hell that I have enough ammo to pull a headshot D:

nillapuddin

what I eventually ended up doing, going to High Speed Halo, watching the fastest runs for each level, and then trying to reproduce them as closely as possible

When you think of Halo 2 Legendary as a very convoluted puzzle that includes mild cheating and game altering bugs, its fun

also

QzcXIsR.jpg
This should be your avatar.

Dub117

Bleh, that trick won't work on Legendary. I died within seconds trying to race through several ghosts and covenent ships :/
That was one of the hardest parts solo legendary. I think i ended up jacking a ghost, hiding and doing some weird jump trick i saw on you tube to beat it. Yes i'm great at halo i know /s

^ ha ha i was just curious, like i said, I took a break from lurking and i knew he would have said something by now if he were still around.
or within the first minute i had been back to this thread

Mistel

Banned
I'm sure he's with us here in spirit...

bugsjpg.png
shifty-eyes-o.gif

Funny I though he was stuck at home :p.

whilst speaking of Reclaimer it has a similar trick to that gate in nightfall where you can clip through it as you exit a vehicle preventing enemy's from spawning, I did it and cut out some bland battles.

TheOddOne

What if in the next game you find out that H1 through H3 was all Infinity simulated and Master Chief is actually a recovering drug addict who's experiences in games are actually withdrawal symptoms?
staredog.gif

What if in the next game you find out that H1 through H3 was all Infinity simulated and Master Chief is actually a recovering drug addict who's experiences in games are actually withdrawal symptoms?
staredog.gif
Chief is Neo. Took both the blue and red pills.
Was never the same spartan again.

Mistel

Banned
staredog.gif
012162322_DrunkSpartainw_txt.jpg

You mean like this? He could have a drinking problem and become a raging alcoholic.

TheOddOne

Cortana is the guidance counselor. He loses her and what happens? He goes all rogue.

Think about it.

Oh god, I've become Wahrer. GET ME OUT.

I'm happy for Tashi, Omlet, and any other community person that gets a job working on the game franchise they love.

I think it bodes well for the franchise that they are hiring long-time fans that have authentic passion and investment in Halo.

I won't buy an Xbox One until AFTER a good Halo game comes out (getting Titanfall on PC). Halo 2 is not a good Halo game. Halo 4 is not a good Halo game.

monome

I'm happy for Tashi, Omlet, and any other community person that gets a job working on the game franchise they love.

I think it bodes well for the franchise that they are hiring long-time fans that have authentic passion and investment in Halo.

it bodes nothing.

343i said multiple times they had incredible talents from all over the industry.

So far 343i latest moves were :

Going from Marvel to Dark Horse
Going from Tor to Gallery Books
Apparently going from Halo 5 to Halo2 Anniversary

this only thing I can tell from the recent moves is someone at MS still thinks Halo is a cross media IP, but a too costly one so let's go playing with cheaper partners.

and I can't help but compare Spartan Assault to Halo Wars...

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
When I get on it is usually a lot lower than that. I think GAF could put about 8 or 9 people in though. I can't remember exactly who has copies.

I have a copy and have been attempting to play the last few nights.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

Ha, I am stuck at that part right now, just past the metropolis bridge.

Calm Killer

Will everyone who wishes to be part of the next Halo 2 PC night either PM me or quote this post

Id would like to make a list of all the GT's so I can get a sheet going of all the achievements yall need, although the other night was a bit messy,
truachievements and
I have figured out the most efficient ways to take care of business.

We will be more organized next time ("it can only go up from here" mentality)

Much thanks to everyone who helped me 100% the other night, Id like to return as many favors as possible

I would like to participate as well. I will PM also. GT Calm Killer

Chettlar

Banned
Going from Marvel to Dark Horse
Going from Tor to Gallery Books
Apparently going from Halo 5 to Halo2 Anniversary.

Can people stop saying this? No, not apparently. For all we know, Halo 5 was always scheduled for 2015.

Think about it, do you seriously think they could have pulled off H2A in just a matter of months? This is something that would have taken them at least nearly a year, and they would not have started making it without some plans about what to do with Halo 5.

They probably knew that Halo 5 would be released in 2015 all along because by E3, H2A would already have needed to be in preproduction.

Anybody know how long CEA took to develop?

Can people stop saying this? No, not apparently. For all we know, Halo 5 was always scheduled for 2015.

Think about it, do you seriously think they could have pulled off H2A in just a matter of months? This is something that would have taken them at least nearly a year, and they would not have started making it without some plans about what to do with Halo 5.

They probably knew that Halo 5 would be released in 2015 all along because by E3, H2A would already have needed to be in preproduction.

Anybody know how long CEA took to develop?

343 is just outsourcing the fucking work to saber and CA. calm down there Junior.

Karl2177

I won't buy an Xbox One until AFTER a good Halo game comes out (getting Titanfall on PC). Halo 2 is not a good Halo game. Halo 4 is not a good Halo game.

I'm just curious, but what are your metrics for a good Halo game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom