• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

Lars is talking about being a bit faster than the slow utility weapons in the last couple Halo games. Pretty sure it very much remains a sandbox shooter in terms of weapons. You're not seeing military shooter kill times here. A quicker pace is very welcome for me after they made Halo play slower with each iteration.

Forgetting about Halo 4?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Lars is talking about being a bit faster than the slow utility weapons in the last couple Halo games. Pretty sure it very much remains a sandbox shooter in terms of weapons. You're not seeing military shooter kill times here. A quicker pace is very welcome for me after they made Halo play slower with each iteration.

That said, guys if you're looking for a true arena shooter, it's going to be from an indie dev. No AAA shooter in the next five years is going to be without the trappings of the current shooter market.
Totally agree with both points. I don't think we should jump to conclusions on kill times.

Off-topic but hnnnnnnnggggggggggg at that Godzilla trailer!

Hey thats a nice Battlefield trailer...oh........suddendly another "US military will save the world" movie

Shh :p is Stormtrooper another gaffer?

the only thing i didn't like was the running sounds for her, i never noticed the grunting in fire fight i think it was in multiplayer as well i am not sure.

She gets tired pretty fast right? Yeah she even says "heh" when you do an overkill or a headshot

daedalius

The destiny multiplayer sounds very mmo-ish, not a terrible thing but it will turn a lot of people off.

The halo 4 unlocks are a joke compared to what you need to do before you can be "competitive" in an mmo. Any shooter's unlocks are.

Where's Gipsy Danger when you need her?

Finishing teh fightz

pacific-rim-from-the-sky.jpg

The destiny multiplayer sounds very mmo-ish, not a terrible thing but it will turn a lot of people off.

The halo 4 unlocks are a joke compared to what you need to do before you can be "competitive" in an mmo. Any shooter's unlocks are.

Not that I want unlocks, but Halo 4's were a joke even if you like the idea. Halo 4 managed to have unlocks that took long enough to be annoying, but not long enough to be rewarding at all... plus no prestige mode or anything to extend the experience.

oh well then that's fine with me.

Watching the beginning of the trailer where they're free falling to the burning city above the thundering dark clouds had a Halo: ODST feeling. Trailer looks awesome.

Edit: Congrats to Ellis for his 4 years with 343. And Daedalus's new born!

Remember when Bungie ruined one of the best missions and potential surprises by showing off the Sabre mission?

Great times.

Like anybody knew that it was the ending when they released that vidoc.

That's not the issue. I don't know about you, but had I watched those ViDocs (which I avoided like the plague) I would have been waiting for each moment to happen in the game. From there, I would've been piecing the story together based on what they spoiled in those ViDocs. I never understood why they showed us so much story info when the people who buy Halo for the Campaign would have bought it regardless.

I hate when they do this in the movie industry too. For movies that I really want to see, I try to stay as dark as possible. You guys remember Cloverfield? Before that movie came out, JJ Abrams barely gave anyone any information about the monster or story, further intriguing fans. As a result, I hold that movie in high regards because of how it was handled prerelease, and it actually turned out to be a pretty good monster movie.

Would love to see halo metroid prime, absolutely love all of those games.

I was actually thinking we might get something close to that before halo 4... Obviously that didn't happen!

Also, I brought a new halo fan into the world yesterday :)

Big congratz to you. I have 2, even though I have a lot less time for Halo hence my performance on Gaf customs my kids are totally worth it. (most of the time)

For example, this weekend my kids 8 and 6yr old decided to bob sled head first down a flight of stairs while I was making breakfast because it looked like fun. At least they lined the stairs with blanked and put some pillows on the landing first.

TheOddOne

That's not the issue. I don't know about you, but had I watched those ViDocs (which I avoided like the plague) I would have been waiting for each moment to happen in the game. From there, I would've been piecing the story together based on what they spoiled in those ViDocs. I never understood why they showed us so much story info when the people who buy Halo for the Campaign would have bought it regardless.

I hate when they do this in the movie industry too. For movies that I really want to see, I try to stay as dark as possible. You guys remember Cloverfield? Before that movie came out, JJ Abrams barely gave anyone any information about the monster or story, further intriguing fans. As a result, I hold that movie in high regards because of how it was handled prerelease, and it actually turned out to be a pretty good monster movie.
You are mad at one frame, which went by fast, was upside down and which you could only decipher by getting that exact frame, flipping it and doing some Photoshop enhancements. That is some new level of irrational reasoning. What is next? 343 spoiled you through a puddle across the ocean.

C'mon, use some logic.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Not that I want unlocks, but Halo 4's were a joke even if you like the idea. Halo 4 managed to have unlocks that took long enough to be annoying, but not long enough to be rewarding at all... plus no prestige mode or anything to extend the experience.
I have really mixed feelings about unlocks in Destiny. On one hand, the thrill of finding new loot in co-op sounds really great, as is the idea of taking my new found goodies into the PvP battlefield. I love customization, and being able to tailor my play style and aesthetic sounds great.

But then there's balance. Lars alluded to them taking balance seriously, but how? And what does "balance" mean in the Destiny context?

You are mad at one frame, which went by fast, was upside down and which you could only decipher by getting that exact frame, flipping it and doing some Photoshop enhancements. That is some new level of irrational reasoning. What is next? 343 spoiled you through a puddle across the ocean.

C'mon, use some logic.

I thought it was pretty clear that I was referring to these story ViDocs in general (and Campaign/mission reveals) as I clearly mentioned I avoided the Halo 4 ones. Not to mention what I had posted to Slightly Live in the same post lol

C'mon, use some reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.

EDIT: OT but Smash could be releasing in the Spring! That game alone will hold me over until Halo B]

Typically people say the xbox one controller is terrible, this will be great for using 360 controllers on it.
For what it's worth, picked up a 360 controller last weekend to play some AC, I think the X1 controller is better. Took a bit of getting used to, but now the sticks on the 360 feel like I have to push them forever to get anything to happen.
Forgetting about Halo 4?
Talking about Bungie games, so Halo 4 is not relevant.

Mistel

Banned

TheOddOne

I thought it was pretty clear that I was referring to these story ViDocs in general (and Campaign/mission reveals) as I clearly mentioned I avoided the Halo 4 ones. Not to mention what I had posted to Slightly Live in the same post lol

C'mon, use some reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.
Oh please, this coming from the guy who can’t comprehend why his utter lack of understanding and love for the Halo CE pistol got thoroughly trashed for the right reasons and even in light of that goes parading on.

Did you even read my post? Go read it. Go read it again. Go read it for the third time.

You can barely even muster any good arguments on the matter, because most is based around terrible reasoning. “I must be mad, because I saw this before” = dumb logic. You had no context to put those scenes when you saw it. And if you are going to seek out info before, you know the risk of getting spoiled – you took that risk. It is scraping at the bottom of the barrel things to get mad at.

heckfu

Banned
Oh please, this coming from the guy who can’t comprehend why his utter lack of understanding and love for the Halo CE pistol got thoroughly trashed for the right reasons and even in light of that goes parading on.

Did you even read my post? Go read it. Go read it again. Go read it for the third time.

You can barely even muster any good arguments on the matter, because most is based around terrible reasoning. “I must be mad, because I saw this before” = dumb logic. You had no context to put those scenes when you saw it. And if you are going to seek out info before, you know the risk of getting spoiled – you took that risk. It is scraping at the bottom of the barrel things to get mad at.

image.php

civil_war.gif

To be honest, it was pretty dumb
:lol
to let any part of the script out, much less than the ending. I would've written up a fake scene or use a deleted scene. I'm not sure if they thought no one would pay attention or what.

heckfu

Banned
civil_war.gif

To be honest, it was pretty retarded to let any part of the script out, much less than the ending. I would've written up a fake scene or use a deleted scene. I'm not sure if they thought no one would pay attention or what.

you'd think someone banned once before would stray from words like retarded eh?

TqwdCyu.gif

Man oh man, someone's upset. I see Bungie got to you eh? Either way, sawft response coming from a guy who I thought was more linguistically capable of higher level discussion.

#TeamOddOne

Says the man who thinks Halo 3 and Brawl were the best games in their franchises. I think that speaks for itself.

http://halogaf.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/civil_war.gif?w=1000&h=[IMG]

To be honest, it was pretty dumb [SPOILER]:lol[/SPOILER] to let any part of the script out, much less than the ending. I would've written up a fake scene or use a deleted scene. I'm not sure if they thought no one would pay attention or what.[/QUOTE]

lmfao best time period in history IMO

If you still don't get it after the myriad of posts by not only myself, but many others, then there's no point. You can't save those who clearly do not want to be saved.

Don't fear the love.
Not to mention you're the one who created this hilarious hostility lol

EDIT:
Deflecting is a fools tactic to make himself look better.

I didn't even need to find a crappy youtube video to prove my point.

image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom