• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Halo 4 didn't really have much gameplay glitches from what I remember. Just very questionable design decisions.

Man, that's good to hear. I'd better throw all my monitors and televisions and amplifiers and speakers away because those waypoints that don't display and those sounds that don't play aren't glitches.

Chettlar

Banned
You'd actually think that with no news, those numbers would be smaller since they aren't talking about the news, but whatever.

Sometimes I think nothing is more often talked about than actual things.

I told people about my smurftubes.

Halo to have smurfs in cryotubes?

Wow chettlar posts even more than I thought.

yeah me too. I'm sure it would have been a lot lower without all that commotion I caused a couple hundred pages back. :/

On March 4, in advance of what is expected to be the biggest game launch of the year, we will be delivering another system update to prepare your Xbox One for “Titanfall.”

Halo 5 for 2015 and H2A in 2014 pretty much confirmed, I think...?

Oggmeiler

Banned
I suck at making gifs

1K0PYEa.gif

Caayn

I though so I wonder how they will change it now that the general size of screens has increased will they increase its size or just fill out the background.
Most likely the same way how they did it with Halo CEA. Higher resolution textures, a few extra polygons and throw in some extra pixels will get you very far.
Just came across this picture, pretty fun to see each new iteration of Master Chief side-by-side.

Halo 5 for 2015 and H2A in 2014 pretty much confirmed, I think...?

Nah, just xbox marketing for the right now sales aspect. They'll use that same marketing phrase for any Halo game this year.

Also Waypoint bulletin from yesterday

infographic.png

Some BS approx. stat I found interesting from infographic:
1) 164,518,855 points scored over the Super Bowl weekend.

2) The gametype was won at 250 points, assume the losing team got 125 points for a silly comparative stat. Obviously some games didn't reach 250 points, I had two like this and some teams may never had scored etc. Anyhow it's a rough stat...stay with me...

3) 164,518,855 / 375 points average per game = approx. 438,716 games played over the super bowl weekend, just in the super bowl special playlist/gametype.

4) I know it's a very approx, assuming and rounded way of getting there but even at 25% variance that's still 300,000+ of Halo games played for a weekend playlist.

5) Halocharts put the daily population peaks for that weekend at a solid 25,000 each day. Funny how you can look at the peak and compare to how many games got played.

That's good stuff 343, loved the gametype, could we have it back every now and again as rotational?

Yea I'm always down for some Halo 2. Don't care about the achievements though. It's not like I'll ever 100 percent that goddamn game anyway due to my kryptonite called legendary campaign. I swear. Every damn game except Halo 2. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'm down for this. But I'm just down to run some games, no achievement hunting/boosting if possible

GT: Emperor Bohe

add me up, I have the game installed right now. let's do this

Mistel

Banned
Most likely the same way how they did it with Halo CEA. Higher resolution textures, a few extra polygons and throw in some extra pixels will get you very far.

Just came across this picture, pretty fun to see each new iteration of Master Chief side-by-side.
That would be nice to see maybe they can use what they learned from anniversary and keep stuff like fog etc. in the game. That main hall/chamber you posted a big screen shot of will look so pretty with updated textures and other graphics stuff. Delta halo will be good as well especially if they do the buildings right.

As for armor it went down hill after MK V in my opinion.

That would be nice to see maybe they can use what they learned from anniversary and keep stuff like fog etc. in the game. That main hall/chamber you posted a big screen shot of will look so pretty with updated textures and other graphics stuff. Delta halo will be good as well especially if they do the buildings right.

Halo 2 armor is the best chief by far. Last good one was Halo 3 armor.

Chettlar

Banned

This part I think could be redone. I can tell it's supposed to be all epic and stuff, but with the ugly, limited visuals, it just really isn't. I hope they really redo this part.

Caayn

You do realize that MK V is only the armor in Halo CE and CEA? In every game that came after CE Chief wore MK VI. Maybe we'll get MK VII in Halo 5.

It just now hits me that the helmet of CEA's reveal trailer resembles the early helmet from the Mac OS builds.

Chettlar

Banned
You do realize that MK V is only the armor in Halo CE and CEA? In every game that came after CE Chief wore MK VI. Maybe we'll get MK VII in Halo 5.

It just now hits me that the helmet of CEA's reveal trailer resembles the early helmet from the Mac OS builds.

Heeeey, I never thought of that. Clever 343. Once MC hooks up with the UNSC after his little escapade, 343 could have him wear whatever they want. No nanamachines or anything required.

Mistel

Banned
Halo 2 armor is the best chief by far. Last good one was Halo 3 armor.
halo-combat-evolved-0011.jpg

Apologise :p, there's nothing wrong with liking something different. I just think it looks ugly in 2 and 3 not that I don't appreciate the details it has.

Sorry if I phrased that badly I meant that I prefer the MK V to VI. As for MK VII I'm fine with that, as long as it gets rid of the fugly armor chief has in 4, along with the gen 2 armor. We need CQC back as well.

Ghazi

Heeeey, I never thought of that. Clever 343. Once MC hooks up with the UNSC after his little escapade, 343 could have him wear whatever they want. No nanamachines or anything required.

They could make him wear whatever they want him to, your right!

That's why they'll be giving Chief one of these bad boys, the Mark VIII, and even a portable jail cell to go along with it!

jail-art.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Halo 4 Chief is best Chief. It's one of the few things 343 nailed! Gotta give'em credit for it.

Chettlar

Banned
I agree with kittens, if kittens is being serious (sorry, just hard to tell).

I really like Halo 4 chief probably the best. I actually used to dislike CE chief but then it started growing on me. Still not my favorite, but not bad either. CEA really did it justice I thought.

They could make him wear whatever they want him to, your right!

That's why they'll be giving Chief one of these bad boys, the Mark VIII, and even a portable jail cell to go along with it!

jail-art.jpg

See that's when Arby comes back like a boss and pulls the bars apart with his Sangheili hands.

Caayn

Yeah I still don't believe the entire nanomachine story thingy. It's a weak excuse to give themselves a free pass for heavily altering the armors appearance in H4. Besides MK VI armor isn't equipped with nanomachines, only MK VII has them.
I'm slow, even slower than slowpoke.
Edit: Wait CEA supports 3D? I need to replay it right now.

Ghazi

I agree with kittens, if kittens is being serious (sorry, just hard to tell).

I really like Halo 4 chief probably the best. I actually used to dislike CE chief but then it started growing on me. Still not my favorite, but not bad either. CEA really did it justice I thought.

See that's when Arby comes back like a boss and pulls the bars apart with his Sangheili hands.

You're wrong, I'm staring at the H5 script now and it's when Palmer comes and rescues her love interest and then they kiss (by clipping through each other's helmets) and make their escape into the sunset.

I say this so much because I seriously think it'll happen, and I'll laugh when it does so, turn the TV off, and walk away.

Also, found this gif earlier, nice:

tumblr_mwrpu3G7Bs1rl0evyo1_500.gif

Halo 4 Chief is best Chief. It's one of the few things 343 nailed! Gotta give'em credit for it.

Agreed, for the most part, the helmet is fantastic, the body armor is alright, not angular enough for me, and I like the shoulder pads, the make sense, as not it looks like he can raise his arms above his head.

Caayn

Although I don't like their explanation for the armor and miss the space diaper. I agree that Halo 4 Chief looks great.
You're wrong, I'm staring at the H5 script now and it's when Palmer comes and rescues her love interest and then they kiss (by clipping through each other's helmets) and make their escape into the sunset.
ab51jQr_460sa.gif

That's a really nice gif you found.

Chettlar

Banned

WHAT?

Stinkles, legit question. If you ever did bring Halo 4 to Xbox One (or any of the other ones. I'm not talking about the ntkrnl rumors). Just if you ever did, would it be possible to convince you to include 3D in those? Like, where does 343 or Microsoft stand on 3D's importance? Not trying to make you say a whole lot, just is it something you would consider doing if you haven't already?

Chettlar

Banned

I say this so much because I seriously think it'll happen, and I'll laugh when it does so, turn the TV off, and walk away.

:( I hope not.

Mistel

Banned
I will never sell CEA, I can't believe a friend did so. Such a classic, wish we still got games like that.
Neither will I it's destined to be kept such a pretty game, I don't think I've ever actually consider selling my copy of any halo game.

Your romance plot with Palmer is pure evil :p.

Omni

I will never sell CEA, I can't believe a friend did so. Such a classic, wish we still got games like that.

I've never sold any of my Halo games. I have like three copies of Halo CE and have double dipped on Halo 4 :\
hah

ycky.jpg

Akai__

That isn't Master Chief in Halo Reach. It's most likely Linda, since she was on the Forward Unto Dawn, too.

The book "Halo First Strike" also explains, that Seargeant Johnson picked up Linda's cryo tube, before the Forward Unto Dawn exploded.

Fuchsdh

Yeah I still don't believe the entire nanomachine story thingy. It's a weak excuse to give themselves a free pass for heavily altering the armors appearance in H4. Besides MK VI armor isn't equipped with nanomachines, only MK VII has them.I'm slow, even slower than slowpoke.

343 never as far as I know said "nanomachines are the reason". It was just extrapolation from fans based on the throwaway line in Glasslands about Mk VII. There's just the handwaving about Cortana modifying the firmware in-game and the "fully modified by Cortana" line in the Visual Guide.

Personally I like the Mk V over all others, I don't mind the Mk VI of Halo 4 like I don't mind most of the designs in Halo 4, I just hate that there was no legitimate reason for many of them (like the Dawn, like the Chief, etc.)

Keeping a lot of that stuff the same and then using the next game to switch over the Chief would have been my preferred plan. *shrug*

Cool, good luck in getting it. If you get to make any video's I expect a minimum GAF reference requirement is needed.

Thanks. I'll do my best ;) Graduating in May and I don't want to go full time where I'm at right now. But it's an option, so I am grateful for that. I just can't believe my dream job is available right now and my resume actually qualifies me for it.

HEY. NOT COOL. THAT'S MY JOB.

tbh me and mix joked around at eventually working at RT together.

EXCEPT I WASN'T JOKING.

Maybe they'll hire us all! lol I'm sure there are tons of people applying every day. Slim chance, but man I would sure hate myself if I didn't try.

I agree with you totally there. He looks like a freakin tank in his new armor and it's awesome. I really like the high shoulders/thrusters on his back. Freakin' fierce.

Caayn

I've never sold any of my Halo games. I have like three copies of Halo CE and have double dipped on Halo 4 :\
hah
Nice collection but why are those PC boxes so large? I feel sorry for you that you're cursed with those awful ratings on the side.
it would drive me crazy though, man those boxes have different emblems (non-US?)
Custom box arts?
That isn't Master Chief in Halo Reach. It's most likely Linda, since she was on the Forward Unto Dawn, too.

The book "Halo First Strike" also explains, that Seargeant Johnson picked up Linda's cryo tube, before the Forward Unto Dawn exploded.
I know, story wise it should be Linda there. But for the sake of easter eggs I'm willing to call it Chief, unless Bungie planned for us to enter FUD at the ending but decided against it for obvious reasons. Still wonder why they had a Mjolnir armor model on Lone Wolf hidden in the level.

Mistel

Banned
nice collection!
it would drive me crazy though, man those boxes have different emblems (non-US?)

so, the FUDcast really reminded me..

whats this all about?
Jjgzylj.jpg
Those labels are Australian I think, I should totally get that collectors edition that I saw preowned it was only a fiver and it looks good. The only downside is it's French.

Hood must have invested serious funds into anti wrinkle cream, that's just not even bothering to check source material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom