• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNut

Banned
I'd really like to see BTB go bigger. More players. I want 4v4 to remain the bread and butter of the series, but I'd love to see the player cap raised and huge Battlefield-esque maps made. I'm far from the first person to think of this, but I always shit on the idea before. Now that I've played Obliteration, though, I can imagine it, and I want it bad.

BTB and now Heavies is the most populated playlist in Halo 4 so you'll probably get your wish.

RIP good halo

I've been playing a ton of Obliteration in BF4 lately. It's essentially Neutral Bomb Assault (RIP), but each team has three unique delivery points to attack/defend. Playing the gametype has been really fun, and it's gotten me to thinking... I'd really like to see BTB go bigger. More players. I want 4v4 to remain the bread and butter of the series, but I'd love to see the player cap raised and huge Battlefield-esque maps made. I'm far from the first person to think of this, but I always shit on the idea before. Now that I've played Obliteration, though, I can imagine it, and I want it bad.

Nothing wrong with a new mode or playlist for this, Dedis alone almost confirm as much. Oh and welcome to the dark side young padawan ;)

I'm really hoping a big scale Halo is on the way, an updated crazy scale sandbox could attract and possibly retain a shitton of new or returning players population. From there they naturally would explore other playlists too.

BTB and now Heavies is the most populated playlist in Halo 4 so you'll probably get your wish.

RIP good halo

Bullshit, BTB has been solid in 2, 3 & 4. Somewhat Reach as well. Remember clan slayer and objective playlists in 2?

Whenever your party grows over 4/5 you venture into BTB or customs.

Getting on 4 now if anyone wants to try Heavies with me and my ex-wife. Well, everyone's exwife. If you think about it.

Significantly less terrible than Heavies in Reach. Of course this is due to inherent flaws of H4's loadout system and whatnot, but I was pleasantly surprised that it actually had friendly fire and didn't have personal ordnance.

Not to mention that there were actually somewhat predictable spawns of weapons. Perhaps the most important thing was that the last game of the night completed my Perfection commendation (again).

Also of note, we had a match where I was host, the entire other team were Kiwis and we still lost because despite the game playing smooth for me, (surprise!) me being host doesn't make the latency between oceans any better, even for people in my own state.
talking to you Ozzy...

/out br'd, mates.

Significantly less terrible than Heavies in Reach. Of course this is due to inherent flaws of H4's loadout system and whatnot, but I was pleasantly surprised that it actually had friendly fire and didn't have personal ordnance.

Not to mention that there were actually somewhat predictable spawns of weapons. Perhaps the most important thing was that the last game of the night completed my Perfection commendation (again).

Also of note, we had a match where I was host, the entire other team were Kiwis and we still lost because despite the game playing smooth for me, (surprise!) me being host doesn't make the latency between oceans any better, even for people in my own state.
talking to you Ozzy...

/out br'd, mates.

You played us last night? We were playing heavies with 4/5/6s last night. If not some Kiwi teams are quite competitive. What GT? Also I'm not gonna lie there were some horrible BR games by me last night. Beer and bourbon may or may not have been consumed as the night went on :)

I'd happily upload the game to be laughed at.

You played us last night? We were playing heavies with 4/5/6s last night. If not some Kiwi teams are quite competitive. What GT? Also I'm not gonna lie there were some horrible BR games by me last night. Beer and bourbon may or may not have been consumed as the night went on :)

I'd happily upload the game to be laughed at.

No. We played a team of New Zealand players like an hour ago. They weren't that good at all (not just their shots, but strats and awareness), but we had like 3 randoms that didn't do shit.
we also had FUBAR McDangles, so.... :)
It was King of the Hill, what I like to refer to as the "stupid as fuck version" aka crazy king (way to go 343) and we lost by 20 seconds. Thanks to the gametype, the first 4 hills were all on their side of the map. Then we finally got control of their side and got some solid time with Hill #4, then the spawns swap (Ragnarok) and the next hill is coming up on the side that the other team now controls, that used to be our side. It was fucking stupid. Also, those randoms on our team were allergic to the hill, per usual.

I can upload the footage myself if you like, but it's nothing special, just an unearned victory due to chance with an "even match" between a team of 6 versus our party of 3 plus randoms. I was just making the point that my host didn't give the rest of my team any advantage and the NZ dudes were still able to take just as much of an advantage with latency as Prinz Eugn or FUBAR did.

No. We played a team of New Zealand players like an hour ago. They weren't that good at all (not just their shots, but strats and awareness), but we had like 3 randoms that didn't do shit.
we also had FUBAR McDangles, so.... :)
It was King of the Hill, what I like to refer to as the "stupid as fuck version" aka crazy king (way to go 343) and we lost by 20 seconds. Thanks to the gametype, the first 4 hills were all on their side of the map. Then we finally got control of their side and got some solid time with Hill #4, then the spawns swap (Ragnarok) and the next hill is coming up on the side that the other team now controls, that used to be our side. It was fucking stupid. Also, those randoms on our team were allergic to the hill, per usual.

I can upload the footage myself if you like, but it's nothing special, just an unearned victory due to chance with an "even match" between a team of 6 versus our party of 3 plus randoms. I was just making the point that my host didn't give the rest of my team any advantage and the NZ dudes were still able to take just as much of an advantage with latency as Prinz Eugn or FUBAR did.

Congrats on perfection comm. too. I'm having déjà vu here, I was just whining about the Ragnarok hill spawns and the team spawns swapping last night myself. We barely clawed that win back in the last minutes.

As you say some players know how to strafe and other things to take advantage of latency. I know it always took me like 3-4 games in Halo 3 ranked obj to adjust to Aussie host, I literally got so used to the shitty latency my game developed around it. Sucks for everyone playing.

Randoms gonna random, ranked play with no guests allowed just has to return too.

Mistel

Banned
I missed some BTB fun that sucks. As for uping the player count I wouldn't mind it if the maps were decent maybe 12 v 12 tops?

Caayn

So yeah about my post last night. The guy's name here was Gamefreaks221. He didn't post in this thread but he was a huge Halo fan. Like I said I've been playing Halo with him for six years. It's super depressing, we were just talking last week about how pumped we were to play Halo 2 Anniversary if real, this fall. He was one of my main dudes to play Halo with online. The news has just made today and last night straight up suck. Every future Halo game won't be the same without coming home at midnight and playing with him. :(
Sorry to hear that, my condolences.
Amazing. That said, the (only the first minute orso) menu music was the only song I somewhat liked in Halo 4. But then again I'm a sucker for the Holy/prayer/chanting/tribal/epic/etc kind of music

Karl2177

That really doesn't make any sense. You can only run one version of the game on screen at a time. This has NOTHING to do with 3D at all. What are you talking about? It's running two versions of the game yes: the old graphics and the new graphics. Only one shows up at a time. Running 3D hasn't a thing to do with that. That's a completely subject matter entirely.

Okay, I said I wasn't sure of the specifics of it, but here goes my shot in the dark attempt at explaining how it works. This probably isn't right, but it's at the very least an educated guess. In the default state, CEA is running old and new graphics at the same time. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but in 3D you can only run the new graphics. Well, the game is still running twice at the same time, but I'd assume both instances are running the new graphics. If you overlay and offset them and send that signal, it's now possible for the TV to decode it as 3D.

belushy

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-58hQ9dLk&

You have a problem with people trying to 'cover' music?

ufBRwBM.gif

GrizzNKev

Banned
Okay, I said I wasn't sure of the specifics of it, but here goes my shot in the dark attempt at explaining how it works. This probably isn't right, but it's at the very least an educated guess. In the default state, CEA is running old and new graphics at the same time. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but in 3D you can only run the new graphics. Well, the game is still running twice at the same time, but I'd assume both instances are running the new graphics. If you overlay and offset them and send that signal, it's now possible for the TV to decode it as 3D.

3D is just rendering the game twice from slightly different camera angles. This is typically achieved by trading off resolution and graphical detail. To simplify it would be to say it's sort of like playing in split screen, then combining the frames together. It has nothing to do with being able to switch between new and old visuals. The game isn't being "run twice." I don't mean to be condescending, it's tough to get a grasp of the technical details, especially in the special case of a game like this. But just think of 3D being done in this game the same as it has been done in any other game.

Madness

No, I have a problem when someone first "insults" another by implying they like sucky as music, to then second link to a horrible cover just to try and make a point. :/

I mean I know people here hate Halo 4, but it's gotten to this level now? Disgusted someone likes the main menu music, really!?

Yes? The menu music sucks. I don't believe anyone can really like it, but I know some do. What do you mean it's gotten to 'this level' now? The menu music is an important part of the game, a lot agree the tribal wailing is bad. I mean when they brought in a singer to perform it live at the Halo 4 Global Championship right before Ace and Pistola had their final match, I seriously wanted to blow my brains out while listening lol.

ultimota

I really like Halo 4's menu music D: i find it really relaxing....but yeah the live performance of it at H4GC was pretty bad, Malukah's performance however...she was like a goddess <3

Madness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuSu6q7fuq4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHyHK0fqIrA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju4oFoSR9Ms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH4-vyBd9TM

Let's keep it Halo. All of these I like better than 4, with my favorites being CE/2, though I like 3 and gave a soft spot for Reach. A lot of people have said the Halo 4 OST are so great to listen to etc. It's not about how it sounds in your mp3 player or sound system, but how it is in game. And Halo 4 was poorly mixed, terribly integrated, to the point where you could play the entire OST for me, and I wouldn't have a clue where it was used or what happened. Play some Reach music, and right away I'll be like, this is where Jorge died, here is when you and Emile hopped out now Carter's Pelican to go on foot etc. And I've played the Reach campaign as much as I've played the Halo 4 one.

DeadNames

Banned
Yeah. Halo 4s menu music is pretty bad. When I hear the monks I think "master chief". I can see why they got away with it in odst and reach, but there's no excuse for not having them in halo 4.

Most of halo 4s music is pretty sub par. The songs when you first come out of requiem and the song on the very last level are the best ones IMO. Everything else is too techno for halo.

Rather than wasting pages talking about something you don't know about (again) maybe you could do some research of your own.
I was going to make this post but then curiosity striked as I wondered if a new hamburger gun will be created.

talking to you Ozzy...

/out br'd, mates.
I played a lot of Heavies last night and haven't had as much fun with Halo in a long time. Granted, MonGo and I were soaring through the sky, it's actually pretty damn fun. I can drive all the time!

Ghazi

Today decides if you end up a crackwhore or a doctor, probably most important day of your life imo. Do good or die. No pressure or anything.

Good luck!
I wonder if we can get #RIPGhazi trending today.

What's even more funny is checking the act hashtag on Twitter and seeing people complain and make terrible choices for breakfast (Monster, 5 Hour energy) lol those casuals.

Mistel

Banned
What about the halo wars menu music?

Heavies is so good with no plasma pistols and stickes at spawn I've actually enjoyed it quite a lot. And as a plus no team shooting to try and stop me in a banshee is always fun racking up multikills against randoms.

Did you have an estus flask like in your avatar for breakfast ghazi?

Defect

What about the halo wars menu music?

Heavies is so good with no plasma pistols and stickes at spawn I've actually enjoyed it quite a lot. And as a plus no team shooting to try and stop me in a banshee is always fun racking up multikills against randoms.

Did you have an estus flask like in your avatar for breakfast ghazi?
Halo Wars had a great OST.

I didn't like Reach's except for a few songs and I completely hated Halo 4's.

Mistel

Banned
I'm crying again, and I just busted out laughing at work. That was awkward as fuck.
Also CE and Reach are my favorite OSTs. 3 is close.
Duel of the fates is just as funny as that one.

Soundtrack the only one I dislike is 4's. ODST, CE and Reach are probably my favorites with honorable mention to halo wars.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
the fact that like 60% of your posts are shitposts. and you have more posts in this thread than I do... you hit your 300+ posts. take a break you'll still be a junior for a few months.

Damn. Called out.

Are other CTs like this? They just get random over-excited juniors every few waves? What's with that phenomenon?

Caayn

Whooaaa guys, come on. Are we really going to shit on a member again? We've just had the entire speedy tag thing.

Urk has the lowest potential to transition to a triple kill out of everyone who submitted stats lol.

I'm sorry but most of his posts:
tumblr_mc9kimVmA01qkab13o1_400.gif
Oh i agree. he doesnt seem to listen to dissenting arguments.
Whooaaa guys, come on. Are we really going to shit on a member again? We've just had the entire speedy tag thing.
Speedy is ok.
foreverjunior.jpg

:(
i always forget to ask. how the hell did that happen?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Urk has the lowest potential to transition to a triple kill out of everyone who submitted stats lol

I'm more of a leadership/support player. Like that time I put together the team that dropped a Jurassic Park Dino-sized pile on HaloGAF's finest. Life finds a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom