• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be 20 years and 3 months. Time in womb counts IMO.

This made me chuckle. :)

So, what do you guys do at PAX when HaloGAF meets up? All the photo you guys share make it seem like you instantly hit the bar and get drinks. :p Don't want to be the odd one out at PAX because I can't drink yet. :p

Crazy hearing this stuff about Americans drinking. Or not drinking I guess.

Here in Dublin we started drinking around 13 14. That's just a few beers of some spirits, where you start learning your limits. As far as I know it's the same in the UK.

Kittens knows the deal though. Getting high as shot and playing games is great. My gears3 k/d is higher from smoking allotta weed.

21 is stupid though, 18 makes so much more sense to start drinking

Dude I can't even fucking smoke at 18. Have to be 19 in my state.

Sai-kun

Banned
This made me chuckle. :)

So, what do you guys do at PAX when HaloGAF meets up? All the photo you guys share make it seem like you instantly hit the bar and get drinks. :p Don't want to be the odd one out at PAX because I can't drink yet. :p

Well during the day you'd be fine, but later in the evening you'd probably run into a problem with that :/ Basically every night at PAX consisted of meeting up with different folks and going out.

Crazy hearing this stuff about Americans drinking. Or not drinking I guess.

Here in Dublin we started drinking around 13 14. That's just a few beers of some spirits, where you start learning your limits. As far as I know it's the same in the UK.

Kittens knows the deal though. Getting high as shot and playing games is great. My gears3 k/d is higher from smoking allotta weed.

21 is stupid though, 18 makes so much more sense to start drinking

For some reason i thought you lived in the U.S, NY in particular.

Ora

Banned
Well during the day you'd be fine, but later in the evening you'd probably run into a problem with that :/ Basically every night at PAX consisted of meeting up with different folks and going out.

I would assume day drinking is gonna happen? I'd personally wanna be drunk or at least tipsy at the convention.

Sai-kun

Banned
I would assume day drinking is gonna happen? I'd personally wanna be drunk or at least tipsy at the convention.

Eh, I have enough fun at the con while sober, drinking more than a bit wouldn't be for me. If I don't keep drinking after I get tipsy, I just get sleepy. If I do keep drinking, I get drunk, and I don't like being drunk around people who aren't, cuz I think I'm annoying when drunk haha, and I wouldn't wanna annoy people.

BUT there was definitely alcohol consumed in the con area. Hooray for sunscreen!

Yeah, I think this is a really common phenomena. I think it happens when you have enough alcohol to get your high level choke-prone brain functions out of the way but not enough to damage your lower-level brain stuff like reaction time. My mom of all people is a firm believer in the concept, anyway.

Yeah, I think this is true for me too. Granted, I'm a bit louder, but I play better-ish.
Maybe this is similar to how drunk people think they're great drivers, though, and we're just imagining the gains.

Man, you were fine. It was just those last couple games where the connections were abysmal. Gotta love playing through oceans, especially pacific ones.

That game against NZ felt fine to me *cough* host is awesome *cough*

Ora

Banned
Eh, I have enough fun at the con while sober, drinking more than a bit wouldn't be for me. If I don't keep drinking after I get tipsy, I just get sleepy. If I do keep drinking, I get drunk, and I don't like being drunk around people who aren't, cuz I think I'm annoying when drunk haha, and I wouldn't wanna annoy people.

BUT there was definitely alcohol consumed in the con area. Hooray for sunscreen!

I feel you. Personally wouldn't start until later in the day, but sill day time lol

You'll need some sunscreen for that.

Inside joke? Someone pass out in a lawn chair or something?

Sounds great. :) What is there to do at PAX anyways? Is it just walking around meeting new people and buying merchandise that's way more expensive than buying the same thing online, or is there actually things to do?

I remember I hated ComicCon when I went too it, my highlight was playing Dance Central with some girl who worked for Microsoft, and also seeing the guy who played Hulk in the old days.

I assume PAX will actually have things to do considering how big it is?

feel

Is that you, Letters?
Yeah bae <3

It was certainly a lot better than it is today. 'Course, I was made fun of a lot (sometimes rightly).
I came in a wave or two after you, and made the huge mistake of saying you were cool in my book (in a time where everyone piled up on you) on my first post. I meant it, but damn, talk about fucking myself over from the get go.

FYC

Banned
Sounds great. :) What is there to do at PAX anyways? Is it just walking around meeting new people and buying merchandise that's way more expensive than buying the same thing online, or is there actually things to do?

I remember I hated ComicCon when I went too it, my highlight was playing Dance Central with some girl who worked for Microsoft, and also seeing the guy who played Hulk in the old days.

I assume PAX will actually have things to do considering how big it is?

On top of demos for upcoming games, there are various panels. I assume you'd be interested in the Rooster Teeth panel.

Sai-kun

Banned
Inside joke? Someone pass out in a lawn chair or something?

ssssh tell no one

basically you just walk through a giant open area where tons of game devs/publishers/companies have booths set up. sometimes it's just videos of what they have coming out, there's a lot of demos, and sometimes free stuff! There's def merch you can buy but it's kinda hit or miss. Some of it is really ugly and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing it.

Also a lot of waiting in lines. Waited who knows how long to play Titanfall for all of 15 minutes.

edit: oh yeah, tons of panels every day on all kindsa stuff.

Halo |OT20| BabbyDrinkingGaf. 850StormPostCount. Chettler being Chettler.

Halo |OT20| Nebula's Mongoose Mowdown Roadtrips.

Halo |OT20| Speedy. The Next Don Mattrick. Free Xbones for everyone™

Mistel

Banned
I'm not sure what the title of the new OT should be but this gif needs to be in the OP:
c12yoej881qtl2i6g.jpg

Nebula

Drinking is great fun. Vodka only for me though. No throwing up or hangover and I drink to get drunk anyway, so taste isn't a bother.

My goosing adventures are awesome. I should try it tipsy/drunk.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't drink coffee so I have no idea, but aren't these two things kind of at odds?
Yeah, I thought that too before I tried it. I don't know much about drugs, but I thought weed was a downer and caffeine was an upper, so they should just cancel each other out. Or something. But nope, for me the combination gives me a high along with a boost of energy. It's really fun.

You posted that like 2 pages ago...
Every page needs eight pointless JP gifs from Stormtrooper, twenty redundant, stubborn posts from Chettlar, and at least one post from me complaining about it all.

Nebula

I remember Pamaj talking about pro cod players taking something to increase concentration. The same stuff people use to study harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom