• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

i cant read this unless its an infographic
iby0OLIizGnAdD.png

Fuchsdh

IIRC the book is even more ridiculous. There was a tomboy kid girl hacker that stowed away in a high-tech RV with her also-a-kid sidekick to get to the island. Pretty sure she hacked the mainframe at some point, too...

Yeah it's not surprising The Lost World wasn't that great, because the book was much worse. I don't entirely blame Chricton, he was basically told to make a sequel so they could turn it into a book anyhow, but the entire "Site B" thing has always seemed really stupid.

I would have loved to see what Spielberg would have done with the camouflaged carnotaurs, though. That sequence still stands out from the rest of it.

In Halo-related news, thanks to the folks at Podtacular who were having a giveaway I've got a iHeartRadio Halo 4 avatar t-shirt and Halo 4 Master Chief armor codes for people to grab, quote the message for the codes. Let chaps know once you've taken them.

I'm a guy who likes to keep his collections tidy. 343 just burned a hole in my soul.

uAYY2hP.jpg

Huh. What territory are you? My Mortal Dictata fits my other Tor Books--Silentium (Hardcover) is slightly taller.

Mistel

Banned
I'm sorry if I'm ruining the thread, I don't mean too, if I am I just get carried away sometimes. You don't all hate me do you?

IIRC the book is even more ridiculous. There was a tomboy kid girl hacker that stowed away in a high-tech RV with her also-a-kid sidekick to get to the island. Pretty sure she hacked the mainframe at some point, too...

Gotta love computer / hacking references in the 90s.

CLVyng3.jpg

I'm sorry if I'm ruining the thread, I don't mean too, if I am I just get carried away sometimes. You don't all hate me do you?

So full of hate right now.

Good idea, I'll put it together later then!
i need to find a new avatar m'self

Nah. You aren't chettlar or other problem posters.

anyone remember the guy that posted in HaloGAF that had his avatar as himself with a hole in the wall behind him. or the other guy with the avatar with the fucking backwards hat?

Ghazi

i need to find a new avatar m'self

Nah. You aren't chettlar or other problem posters.

anyone remember the guy that posted in HaloGAF that had his avatar as himself with a hole in the wall behind him. or the other guy with the avatar with the fucking backwards hat?

Pouring one out for Conor:
tumblr_inline_mqtephZsd71qz4rgp.gif

Hope that baby never meets him irl when it's grown up.

Madness

Just slow down on the posting and JP gifs lol. The worst reaction from anyone on here will be mild annoyance.

I used to post a shitload when I joined too, not gifs, most of it was just tl;dr Halo posts where I kept repeating the point. Though by then, most stopped playing H4, people stopped posting. Got banned for the first time a few months back. Maybe post 1/10th of what I did before. Though there is a certain irony, I joined HGAF for guys like Ghaleon only to be possibly banned by him(he's the mod for this thread I think) lol.

Caayn

Europe. Thank god my Forerunner novels all match, I would've burned the publisher to the ground otherwise.
Strange mine match up and I'm from Europe to. The only odd one out is Contact Harvest.
I missed the conversations about drinking? It's literally the only thing I'm good at.
I know the feeling :(
*quickly pours himself a glass.
Gotta love computer / hacking references in the 90s.
Hacking according to practically every form of entertainment.
uSxUVVK.gif

Witch!

Mistel

Banned
He spilled hot soup or oatmeal on some baby and hid from the cops for hours. That's one thing.
That's child abuse, how despicable. Speaking of people who don't post, I remember someone with a flagnum avatar and another called talons or something similar.

Next OT I won't fill as much of it by myself, I'm sorry my bad.

I used to post a shitload when I joined too, not gifs, most of it was just tl;dr Halo posts where I kept repeating the point. Though by then, most stopped playing H4, people stopped posting. Got banned for the first time a few months back. Maybe post 1/10th of what I did before. Though there is a certain irony, I joined HGAF for guys like Ghaleon only to be possibly banned by him(he's the mod for this thread I think) lol.

Oh boy, I know how you can get diarrhea of the mouth when you join GAF. I payed the price for it, now, i'm not even in the top 10 posters anymore.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, you're cool. Just post less. When anyone posts as disproportionately often as you do it's annoying.

nillapuddin

So I've got everyone who contacted me about working on Halo 2, logged, analyzed and reduced to maximum efficiency. (the amount of joy it gave me, is very concerning)

Capture.PNG

Next time, we shall be a well oiled machine... of achievement boosting.

I'm pretty sure in the span of 10 kills, Mixmasterchief can get 13 achievements lol

If some other people also want to get involved, just let me know

Ghazi

Oroch, I was actually planning on doing some 4 customs after Reach earlier today, that didn't end up happening though.

nilla, count me in for H2, but I have a tight schedule so I may not be available often. On weekends moreso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom