• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyReN

So I've got everyone who contacted me about working on Halo 2, logged, analyzed and reduced to maximum efficiency. (the amount of joy it gave me, is very concerning)

Capture.PNG

Next time, we shall be a well oiled machine... of achievement boosting.

I'm pretty sure in the span of 10 kills, Mixmasterchief can get 13 achievements lol

If some other people also want to get involved, just let me know

I need everything besides triple kill and killing spree.

Fuchsdh

I should be around to host customs next weekend if people are interested. Dunno what Tashi's plans are.

Pouring one out for Conor:
tumblr_inline_mqtephZsd71qz4rgp.gif

Random story: when I worked at Safeway (grocery store here in the States) we took to dubbing our location the "Soviet Safeway" because it was the only one in the area that hadn't been remodeled. It was sort of falling apart and we had a real issue with people grabbing the 40s of malt liquor, which were in the far back corner of the store, then going through the nearby doors into the back and peeing, vomiting, or passing out in between the stacks of offloaded merchandise.

Good times.

Ghazi

Random story: when I worked at Safeway (grocery store here in the States) we took to dubbing our location the "Soviet Safeway" because it was the only one in the area that hadn't been remodeled. It was sort of falling apart and we had a real issue with people grabbing the 40s of malt liquor, which were in the far back corner of the store, then going through the nearby doors into the back and peeing, vomiting, or passing out in between the stacks of offloaded merchandise.

Good times.

LOL

Today my Xbox Live Account officially hit 5 years of membership. :)

Half a decade well spent. :) Probably nothing compared to some of you guys here, as I'm sure some of you guys are 7+ years, but still, It made me happy seeing my number go up. :)

Madness

You might get a free X1 at the end of the X1 life cycle. It's paying off.

The amount of shit he got, and how much he riled up other fans, Sony fans, or created resentment with his positivity, I bet Major Nelson and MS would rather have paid him and given him freebies to not post or make threads on their behalf again.

The amount of shit he got, and how much he riled up other fans, Sony fans, or created resentment with his positivity, I bet Major Nelson and MS would rather have paid him and given him freebies to not post or make threads on their behalf again.

Haha. :p If Microsoft even notices me, this is what I believe their reaction would be. Not like I care much if I riled up fans, I don't intend too, and it's really hilarious how positivity towards a brand people dislike is enough to warrant negative reactions from people.

How fucking dare you be positive about the Xbox One! What thfuck is wron with you.

IHaveIce

Banned
Haha. :p If Microsoft even notices me, this is what I believe their reaction would be. Not like I care much if I riled up fans, I don't intend too, and it's really hilarious how positivity towards a brand people dislike is enough to warrant negative reactions from people.

How fucking dare you be positive about the Xbox One! What thfuck is wron with you.
I don't dislike Microsoft and think you are an idiot.

Nebula

CBOAT cut you deep huh Speedy?

There's brand positivity, and then there's your twitter feed, and then your posts in certain threads like the one you got tagged in or CBOATs. I personally have no issue with it.

#HireSpeedy

Omni

Played a few custom games in Reach tonight with people from Bungie.net. Not so much slayer or anything, but even still it really made me appreciate the fact that beneath all the crap that 343i added, the core gameplay of Halo 4 is just sooo much better. Bloom is just the worst thing ever. Slows everything down to a crawl.

and in all honesty, I've gotten so used to sprint that it feels constricting not to have it available in multiplayer. :|

Nebula

and in all honesty, I've gotten so used to sprint that it feels constricting not to have it available in multiplayer. :|

This is one of my big worries for Halo 5. The game, if they decide to listen to the vocal people in the community, will not have sprint and it will feel slow as hell to the average player. Guarantee it leads to plenty of complaints as well.

But I doubt sprint is leaving now it's here.

This is one of my big worries for Halo 5. The game, if they decide to listen to the vocal people in the community, will not have sprint and it will feel slow as hell to the average player. Guarantee it leads to plenty of complaints as well.

But I doubt sprint is leaving now it's here.
Sprint will be there.

There isn't going to be a major AAA MP shooter in the next few years that doesn't have sprint.

Mistel

Banned
Sprint is now likely to be here for good. It's a shame that it affects the game so much with the elements it adds.

I'd rather have higher base movement speed and the ability to effectively strafe than sprint, but if there's no AA's or load outs at the cost of sprint that might be good(well better than 4)...

Sprint is now likely to be here for good. It's a shame that it affects the game so much with the elements it adds.

I'd rather have higher base movement speed and the ability to effectively strafe than sprint, but if there's no AA's or load outs at the cost of sprint that might be good(well better than 4)...

Just wait Halo 2 Anniversary will do insane numbers. 343 will understand Sprint and AAs and stuff suck and never include them in Halo again.

Nebula

Today is the day of no shielding enemies. 2 potential triples in the same game :( This montage is basically Complextage as far as goosing clips are concerned.

F*ck Sprint. Default Thruster Pack Version 2.0!

Better Strafing.
Double Jumping.
Thrust Backwards.

Just tweak Base Player Speed and add Default TP 2.0

Mistel

Banned
I thought the issues would have been fixed following reach, 4 just expanded on them. Hopefully they do listen for 5.

How could you use a thruster pack backwards? Wouldn't it need to go through your body?

belushy

Banned
I thought the issues would have been fixed following reach, 4 just expanded on them. Hopefully they do listen for 5.

How could you use a thruster pack backwards? Wouldn't it need to go through your body?

Well, canonically, you could just say that the Spartans have small thrusters on each side of their suit. Could just say that they wanted the Spartans to have an upgrade or something.

Also now that I think about it, needing a armor upgrade to sprint (in Reach) is pretty weird. Story wise, what stops spartans from sprinting without that armor mod? Released tension in the joints of the suit or something?

Basically while moving backwards with LS down. Once you've pressed for default TP the anination shows your Spartan turning around and thrusting forwards like normal.

While you wouldn't be able to do it before since you'd need to turn your spartan turning his back in order to thrust the opposite direction.

Edit: yup nvm. You could already thrust backwards in MP. Derp..

Mistel

Banned
Also now that I think about it, needing a armor upgrade to sprint (in Reach) is pretty weird. Story wise, what stops spartans from sprinting without that armor mod? Released tension in the joints of the suit or something?
Speaking of weird upgrades someone made a shield that not only protects you from damage but heals you as well. Why did everyone not have it?

Basically while moving backwards with LS down. Once you've pressed for default TP the anination shows your Spartan turning around and thrusting forwards like normal.

While you wouldn't be able to do it before since you'd need to turn your spartan turning his back in order to thrust the opposite direction.
Well that makes sense, would you have no damage frames as you turn or as a risk reward scenario? Otherwise I can see people dieing left and right as they do a turning animation.

Cashew succeded into what 343 miserably failed, making Flood/Infection interesting again.

TURNS OUT adding more options instead of removing them is for the better.

Just from looking at launch Flood and even Forge you could perfectly tell how the ones who developed them had little to no experience with the mode. I blame this on the whole outsourcing crazyness.

Jesus. Halo Waypoint is one of the worst websites I've ever had the displeasure of navigating. This shitty web app for getting game info/history is unintuitive, laggy and ugly.

What the hell are you trying to achieve with this shit 343i?

feel

Just wait Halo 2 Anniversary will do insane numbers. 343 will understand Sprint and AAs and stuff suck and never include them in Halo again.
Except Halo 2 Anniversary will have Sprint and AAs and they will talk proudly about how they're merging these awesome new features with the classic gameplay in every interview.

gAg CruSh3r

Except Halo 2 Anniversary will have Sprint and AAs and they will talk proudly about how they're merging these awesome new features with the classic gameplay in every interview.

:(... I would cry during that whole interview if this happen..

Letters is right. He forgot to add that there will be a new exclusive companion app, which is Windows Phone exclusive, added to the supreme value Halo 2 remake package.

Dead.

TheOddOne

Letters is right. He forgot to add that there will be a new exclusive companion app, which is Windows Phone exclusive, added to the supreme value Halo 2 remake package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom