• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duji

I seriously can't believe you people want "Thruster Pack 2.0" to be default on every spartan. Nothing about the idea is good

A bunch of gametypes were tested using default TP starts by the "Gold Pro" guys. While cool, the melee aspect of the Halo golden triangle got completely thrown out the window as melee battles turned into shit shows.

belushy

Banned
A bunch of gametypes were tested using default TP starts by the "Gold Pro" guys. While cool, the melee aspect of the Halo golden triangle got completely thrown out the window as melee battles turned into shit shows.

Didn't even think about that. Good point.

TNnkF6c.png

Are you OK Speedy?

Acknowledgement from the mothership!

Speedyfaint.gif

So March update for Xbox One got announced a few days ago. Which is said to overhaul the Party and Multiplayer Features.

Pretty important news.

1. It's good these semi-broken features are getting sorted.

2. When you take into account This post from resident leaker ntkrnl.

It kind of adds some more validity to his leaks and in turn the H2:A stuff.

Madness

The fact he never responded again, makes me wonder just how quickly he got wind MS was trying to find him. I mean his hardware claims were verified, a few of his software claims are coming to light. The fact Frankie and David didn't acknowledge it at all, nor has anyone from MS commented on it, makes it seem like it's true.

The fact he never responded again, makes me wonder just how quickly he got wind MS was trying to find him. I mean his hardware claims were verified, a few of his software claims are coming to light. The fact Frankie and David didn't acknowledge it at all, nor has anyone from MS commented on it, makes it seem like it's true.

Halo 2 Anniversary is the only thing that's going to keep me from getting rid of my Xbox One!

So I'm hoping he was right.

No HA HA, it's true. I'm not sure how much they can complain though if the leaks are real. The response was as positive as it gets from the community.

I just put in my 12-month code for what will be my tenth year of Live. Too bad I don't define myself by paying for the products and services of a gigantic corporation, or I would be, like, so excited.

Mix

The Lego Movie was fucking amazing.
I got to take my kid brother to go see it, we just got back and I think it's the best movie I've seen in a very long time.

I got to take my kid brother to go see it, we just got back and I think it's the best movie I've seen in a very long time.
The trailers did nothing for me and I was convinced that it was simply going to coast by on the popularity of Lego and pop culture references from all the properties they could cram in there...

...then I heard it was penned by the guys behind Clone High and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and my hype has sky-rocketed.

I've heard the same, seeing commercials, I just thought it would be a kiddy movie, but apparently it's really damn good.

They saw the light that was Guilty Gear :p

nah lol.

KI is the best Xbox One exclusive, and will likely keep that title even after Call of Duty: TitanFall comes out. But the developer switch has me worried. So many things could go wrong, and honestly I really don't want to go through another Halo 4 situation. I never thought I would miss Double Helix, but I'm gonna miss Double Helix.

Does any one care about "Challenges" yet, or are they a failed attempt at something cool (X1)

No one cares about them.

Mix

The trailers did nothing for me and I was convinced that it was simply going to coast by on the popularity of Lego and pop culture references from all the properties they could cram in there...

...then I heard it was penned by the guys behind Clone High and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and my hype has sky-rocketed.

your skepticism was once shared, but after my little brother asking and my friends telling me it was good, I couldn't resist. I am glad I went and saw it.
The 3D was fun, but extremely unnecessary, could've done without, especially at the cost :l oh well, it was good!

Ghazi

pffft those games wish they were as good or looked as good as GG.

(Like GG but super hyped for Xrd)

GG looks good, but imho, plays like ass. Maybe it's because I haven't taken the time to get acquainted with it, and I know it's sort of popular, but I just kinda don't like Arc System Works games.

Persona 4 Arena was pretty chill though, love that game.

Hell, I'd do it for free if they updated Megalo more reguraly, I'm still mad they broke Invasion's bro spawning :(

Anyway, anyone has any idea about an invasion-like gametype they'd like to see in the future? maybe I could cook something similar.

A 100% port is impossible so we might as well give it a different approach.

Hmmmm,

Multi stage invasion: team pelican drop off spawn with hacking a fixed position enemy computer terminal to reveal the random enemy bomb location (1 of 3 possible locations on map, changes each game/round. Use that now revealed/unlocked bomb on a destructible/interactive part of a different random 1 of 3 locations for enemy buildings. Finally steal their now accessible flag and return to original extraction point (flag would have to spawn with the second random bomb location). Spawn heavier weapons and vehicles at each stage but only spawn weapons/vehicles in the attack/defense locations. Also this is a round based gametype, maybe 2 goes per attack/defense.

A quick idea anyhow but should be possible given 4's scripting.

Another quick weird idea, you mentioned spawning a biped copy...could you copy the inputs during the gameto each biped? Imagine having 1 to 4 copies of yourself and they all face different directions, say 0, 90, 180 & 270 degrees. When you input any buttons or movement your copies are playing. Could make some very interesting decoys, maze games, vehicle splatter gametypes etc. Again a weird idea not fleshed out. You could even do a mirrored map, offset player copies and do every player in the game, you could create a symmetrical map and have it play out side by side.

nillapuddin

Well, KI guys
What sort of "in game reward" do you get?

Screenshot%20%288%29.png

I mean, this seems like it has alot of Halo potential
(play every Halo game = special armor, emblem, etc
beat each campaign on legendary = stuff)

This Waypoint thread got me thinking of what I'd like Kinect used for in HX1.

My ideas below, any good ideas from HaloGAF?

• Tagging (context sensitive to what your reticule is on when you give a universal voice command "tag that" e.g. tag enemies with a waypoint, tag vehicles, tag weapon spawns or dropped enemy weapons, if just pointing to the ground it would be a spot to meet up at or patrol). Each context sensitive element would have a different colour and icon e.g. weapons are dynamic for what your reticule was on so you teammates know sniper from enemy killed or which vehicle was tagged etc.
  • Friend invites, when they fix the X1 friend login pop-up you just say "invite friend" and they can JiP in if that playlist allows it.
  • The library scan command from CEA, that was a good feature.

Mabef

Banned

• Tagging (context sensitive to what your reticule is on when you give a universal voice command "tag that" e.g. tag enemies with a waypoint, tag vehicles, tag weapon spawns or dropped enemy weapons, if just pointing to the ground it would be a spot to meet up at or patrol). Each context sensitive element would have a different colour and icon e.g. weapons are dynamic for what your reticule was on so you teammates know sniper from enemy killed or which vehicle was tagged etc.
  • Friend invites, when they fix the X1 friend login pop-up you just say "invite friend" and they can JiP in if that playlist allows it.
  • The library scan command from CEA, that was a good feature.
When you say, "[...] on my X", it recognizes what you said based on a short list of keywords (weapon, # of enemies, or enemy damage), it displays that in the UI above your X in-game. Boom, you're welcome Halo
I'm available for interviews.
After the NFL is done with them, they won't remember who they are either
f7bARDl.gif

nillapuddin

yup and you can use it towards accessories/skins/music/profile stuff etc

probably not lol

But wouldn't 30 throws be something that just comes naturally also, doesn't seem like (halo 2 achievement boosting for example) so therefore it is just a boost for playing often

Same as the reach challenges, some of them were worth it in CR, some were not

wwm0nkey

GG looks good, but imho, plays like ass. Maybe it's because I haven't taken the time to get acquainted with it, and I know it's sort of popular, but I just kinda don't like Arc System Works games.

Persona 4 Arena was pretty chill though, love that game.
P4A was amazing and probably the best into to fighting games for new people. I hear Xrd is doing some big changes though

Caayn

But wouldn't 30 throws be something that just comes naturally also, doesn't seem like (halo 2 achievement boosting for example) so therefore it is just a boost for playing often

Same as the reach challenges, some of them were worth it in CR, some were not
It highly depends on the dev if the doing the challenges are worth it. For me DR3 and CD have the best challenges yet. Challenges in DR3 give you new costume items and in CD you unlock artwork and I've even unlocked an entire new playable Dragon with it.

As you said in your previous post. There's lots of potential with it, it just needs to be implemented correctly to make them fun and rewarding to do.

Tagging (context sensitive to what your reticule is on when you give a universal voice command "tag that" e.g. tag enemies with a waypoint, tag vehicles, tag weapon spawns or dropped enemy weapons, if just pointing to the ground it would be a spot to meet up at or patrol). Each context sensitive element would have a different colour and icon e.g. weapons are dynamic for what your reticule was on so you teammates know sniper from enemy killed or which vehicle was tagged etc.
Please no. I can already see 343i removing the death indicator again to make room for something such as this.
And this really smells like an Promethean vision 2.0 without the need of an AA.
[*]The library scan command from CEA, that was a good feature.
[/LIST]
This needs to be available for controller users to. I sold my OG kinect before CEA came around and hated that I couldn't access the library function because I didn't had a Kinect. There's no reason to lock that feature behind Kinect.
That said, on the XB1 I've got the Kinect plugged in anyway.

Mistel

Banned
If they wanted to use kinect I can see it being more single player centric than multiplayer, with a similar concept to the library system in CEA.

For those with a one do you actually use kinect for anything? Or do you have it unplugged?

Defect

That's fucking stupid.

Hey guys remember that perk that shows who killed you?

This is Halo, not Battlefield.

Hmmmm,

Multi stage invasion: team pelican drop off spawn with hacking a fixed position enemy computer terminal to reveal the random enemy bomb location (1 of 3 possible locations on map, changes each game/round. Use that now revealed/unlocked bomb on a destructible/interactive part of a different random 1 of 3 locations for enemy buildings. Finally steal their now accessible flag and return to original extraction point (flag would have to spawn with the second random bomb location). Spawn heavier weapons and vehicles at each stage but only spawn weapons/vehicles in the attack/defense locations. Also this is a round based gametype, maybe 2 goes per attack/defense.

A quick idea anyhow but should be possible given 4's scripting.

Another quick weird idea, you mentioned spawning a biped copy...could you copy the inputs during the gameto each biped? Imagine having 1 to 4 copies of yourself and they all face different directions, say 0, 90, 180 & 270 degrees. When you input any buttons or movement your copies are playing. Could make some very interesting decoys, maze games, vehicle splatter gametypes etc. Again a weird idea not fleshed out. You could even do a mirrored map, offset player copies and do every player in the game, you could create a symmetrical map and have it play out side by side.

I like the idea man, guys keep them coming!

As for the biped thing, I can't do much with the clones, they're basically an empty carcass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom