• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

The problem is, they've turned classic Halo into a niche. And Infinity Slayer has become the base Halo. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. I'm saying Infinity Slayer Halo has less of a fanbase than Classic Arena Halo has.

You can't have both, sure you can try, but inevitably one loses out. You can't look at Halo 4 now and say there is balance. Those who appreciate the arena Slayer of Halo are gone. Will they return? Who can honestly tell, but you'd think after Reach and Halo 4, maybe it's time to reevaluate where the series is heading.

The problem is, they've turned classic Halo into a niche. And Infinity Slayer has become the base Halo. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. I'm saying Infinity Slayer Halo has less of a fanbase than Classic Arena Halo has.

You can't have both, sure you can try, but inevitably one loses out. You can't look at Halo 4 now and say there is balance. Those who appreciate the arena Slayer of Halo are gone. Will they return? Who can honestly tell, but you'd think after Reach and Halo 4, maybe it's time to reevaluate where the series is heading.

Exactly what i was saying. Also according to 343 they said more played the infinity playlist than the "classic" playlist.

Ghazi

Exactly what i was saying. Also according to 343 they said more played the infinity playlist than the "classic" playlist.

Probably because the game was made around Infinity and "classic" was garbage until Turbo update fixed a lot of the game's Infinity type problems.

Team Throwdown is pretty awesome, but the people it was meant for have already left the game, and the people who have stuck around that long are those who played Infinity since launch.

Agreed about niche. I also agree about the balance and approximations in your post. I too believe there are more Arena fans than Infinity fans. I agree with you the various communities/forums reflect that too, more than the 5-10% of game purchasers the developers would have your believe about forums.

I just don't want to see the imbalance of 4's launch lead to the polar opposite imbalance of Arena, neither weighting would return Halo to the throne. I guess my main reasoning for shitting up HaloGAF is to point out since launch 343i have been very pragmatic in cultivating this balance through experience gained. I see that and I hope it delivers the right balance at launch with the next title.

Because it took them around 8 months to release Legendary Slayer. So during all of that time in between launch and LS to come out those people who wanted a classic halo had left way before.

This includes CSR when a True-skill system should've been there.

Probably because the game was made around Infinity and "classic" was garbage until Turbo update fixed a lot of the game's Infinity type problems.

Team Throwdown is pretty awesome, but the people it was meant for have already left the game, and the people who have stuck around that long are those who played Infinity since launch.

I agree that they already left the game so it makes sense. Either way it has to be from the ground up with one path,not classic or inifinity. It just doesn't work.

belushy

Banned
Heh... I remember pre-release a lot of people, me included, thought Abandon was going to be the next Guardian (in terms of popularity and consistently good play.) Oh how wrong I was...

You see, nobody wants classic Halo anymore.

It's true, Waypoint told me that.

All Hail Waypoint. 343 can do no wrong, the mods told me so; so it must be true. i will blindly follow anything 343 says.

its sad to think there are actually people like this in the halo community at large.

The Lego Movie was fucking amazing.
I got to take my kid brother to go see it, we just got back and I think it's the best movie I've seen in a very long time.

Watched Frozen today, the animation was amazing but still get kinda into the stereotype of love interest and jarjarbkins helper character so yeah, really hyped to see The lego movie after you comment

Spawning with plasma pistols and stickies is decent balancing? That alone is enough to show no consideration for balance exists in 4.

I dont think those weapons were all the issue at all, Halo vehicles are outdated,

Vehicles still have the same weakness as always, shared health with the driver, getting damage by normal gunfire (I am looking at you DMR) and can be blown out by grenades, no resistance to plasma weapons at all (without counting the perks), no real changes since Halo 2.

Give them more resistance, more options to customize your warthog, no more plasma weakness and more armor piercing weapons.

FYC

Banned
The new one, that someone's trying to make now, I mean.

That'd be me, although anyone else is welcome to help out. So far IceDoesntHelp and Nebula said they have some clips for me. I might go buy a capture card soon to help record the footage, among other things.

Ghazi

That'd be me, although anyone else is welcome to help out. So far IceDoesn'tHelp and Nebula said they have some clips for me. I might go buy a capture card soon to help record the footage, among other things.

I can record clips, and send them to you through dropbox or something. I need good software though, because XSplit leaves a watermark, Hauppage's official software is garbage, and OBS doesn't work for my PVR.

So maybe you should get one, if that's problematic.

I may be able to help with editing or anything as well, alongside contributing clips when I get good game time (if I ever get game time again).

Just asking because I was considering putting a montage together or something if I can get good clips from friend's footage, and wanted advice. My conceptual thoughts on it are already overly ambitious, and it would be very hard to make (for me).

PM me.

I got everything ready for a HaloGAF montage until I realize no one fucking likes Halo 4, and it's not worth putting a montage for a game that consists of clips from only Tashi getting Triple Kills over and over again.

I can record clips, and send them to you through dropbox or something. I need good software though, because XSplit leaves a watermark, Hauppage's official software is garbage, and OBS doesn't work for my PVR.

So maybe you should get one, if that's problematic.

I may be able to help with editing or anything as well, alongside contributing clips when I get good game time (if I ever get game time again).

Just asking because I was considering putting a montage together or something if I can get good clips from friend's footage, and wanted advice. My conceptual thoughts on it are already overly ambitious, and it would be very hard to make (for me).

PM me.

I have like 2 good games on my fileshare if you wanna mine them for clips.

GT: XPLS x Shin x

Ghazi

Watched Frozen today, the animation was amazing but still get kinda into the stereotype of love interest and jarjarbkins helper character so yeah, really hyped to see The lego movie after you comment

Oh man, loved that movie. You could tell it had a really troubled script and rewriting though. It seemed like it ditched some of the Disney tropes, at the beginning, though, and I was excited for a fresh movie. Let It Go was amazing though, and I am going to learn it on piano even if it kills me.

Trying to convince a friend to see Lego Movie with me though, the trailer they played before Frozen completely changed my mind about it.

I got everything ready for a HaloGAF montage until I realize no one fucking likes Halo 4, and it's not worth putting a montage for a game that consists of clips from only Tashi getting Triple Kills over and over again.

Good play can be entertaining in any game, if it's exciting enough. But yeah, I was thinking from any Halo as well.

I have like 2 good games on my fileshare if you wanna mine them for clips.

GT: XPLS x Shin x
I may be able to check it out next weekend, no guarantees sorry, can't do anything during the weekdays.

FYC

Banned

Will do.

To clarify, you can submit footage from any Halo game for the montage, it's not exclusive to Halo 4. Submit any clips you think are interesting, if you'd like.

Ozzy offered to help capture footage too, here's what he said if you plan on recording your own stuff:

Nice one, let us just say 720p 30fps as a minimum for submission and recommend GON output the same final montage settings. Also if anyone needs a capture done just link me your uploaded fileshare video(s) link and I'll capture it for you. Just make sure to tell me the times to capture as I don't want to guess at what times to capture and full games are too long. It should be easy for GON to sort through what to put into the montage.

Oh man, loved that movie. You could tell it had a really troubled script and rewriting though. It seemed like it ditched some of the Disney tropes, at the beginning, though, and I was excited for a fresh movie. Let It Go was amazing though, and I am going to learn it on piano even if it kills me.

Trying to convince a friend to see Lego Movie with me though, the trailer they played before Frozen completely changed my mind about it.

Good play can be entertaining in any game, if it's exciting enough. But yeah, I was thinking from any Halo as well.

I may be able to check it out next weekend, no guarantees sorry, can't do anything during the weekdays.

its all good. its there if anyone wants to rip some clips from them. im not offended or anything.

You should watch the spanish version of that song, truly an amazing perfomance.
I get excited to see Lego movie just for Lego Batman

Also I dunno what happened to the clip I sent to ozzy, hope he is okay. I dont remember if he answered the other time I said this.

Madness

dpwwfsdue8.gif

Does anyone know if there is a way to add achievements to XBL accounts without actually unlocking them? Not glitching or anything, I have a reason I ask.

Ghazi

Does anyone know if there is a way to add achievements to XBL accounts without actually unlocking them? Not glitching or anything, I have a reason I ask.

Add achievements? Just start the game, and the achievement list is associated with the account. You can even delete the list, if haven't earned any achievements from a game.

Oh, I misunderstood, no there's no way without glitching/hacking it.

I only remember the second controller glitch where the first player unlocks the achievements and the second account just get the achievements for doing nothing via splitscreen.

You should watch the spanish version of that song, truly an amazing perfomance.
I get excited to see Lego movie just for Lego Batman

Also I dunno what happened to the clip I sent to ozzy, hope he is okay. I dont remember if he answered the other time I said this.

All good, I have your file share clips and Storm's too (only two members to request so far). I can upload them where ever or when ever GoN wants them. Dropbox seems easiest.

FYC

Banned
All good, I have your file share clips and Storm's too (only two members to request so far). I can upload them where ever or when ever GoN wants them. Dropbox seems easiest.

Yeah, go ahead and use Dropbox and throw me a link whenever you'd like. Same goes to anyone else who wants to capture their own stuff.

By modding, yes.

Dang. My Halo crew was trying to figure out a way to add the "Endure" achievement to my friend's XBL account I posted about the other day. It has a special significance to us and he never got it. Plus the name and everything. I guess we'll come up with something else Halo related to do for him.

Ghazi

Endure. Is that an ODST Vidmaster achievement? I need to get those actually. It'd be really fun to do a run through of that game with people here. I don't recall ever finishing ODST, but it was an awesome game and I only got to play SP, not co op.

Omni

Endure was amazing. Didn't it take like two hours non-stop?

Pretty sure I linked up with people about 4 times and helped them get it. ODST Firefight <3

Ghazi

Which one? Arcsoft is the one you should be using. I've had no issues other than the hot button (on HDPVR) not registering at times.
They have an official software on their website by them. I don't have the Arcsoft one because I got my HD PVR secondhand for $20 and didn't get a CD with it. Is it available online anywhere? I couldn't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom