• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they wanted to use kinect I can see it being more single player centric than multiplayer, with a similar concept to the library system in CEA.

For those with a one do you actually use kinect for anything? Or do you have it unplugged?

Yes I do, to auto-login, play the sports wave runner game with my son (waiting on full release of all Kinect Sports MS, hurry up please this is a good family game!), chat in coop or KI live matches without having to wear a mic and I'll give Project Spark mocpa/voiceover a solid go too.

They need to make party chat cross 360/X1 compatible.

Please no. I can already see 343i removing the death indicator again to make room for something such as this.
And this really smells like an Promethean vision 2.0 without the need of an AA.

This needs to be available for controller users to. I sold my OG kinect before CEA came around and hated that I couldn't access the library function because I didn't had a Kinect. There's no reason to lock that feature behind Kinect.
That said, on the XB1 I've got the Kinect plugged in anyway.

Wow what a limited perspective, the X1 comes with Kinect for a reason, it's no longer locked away for developers or gamers. It's fucking standard kit now mate.

It's nothing like PV2.0, you'd have to sight a player and it would be a very limited window. It's team communication without a mic, a big plus given the dramatic drop off of mic'd up players since Halo 2/3 days. How many times have you killed or boarded an enemy while describing to a teammate where to pick those things up?

For modes that have camo loadouts how many times would you have been saved from camo+sniper with this tagging system?

That's fucking stupid.

Hey guys remember that perk that shows who killed you?

This is Halo, not Battlefield.

It doesn't have to be in all modes. Fast forward to a massive Halo mode in next gen...yep we are going to need squads and tagging type features for organisational purposes. Sure it's my opinion but for modes like BTB or bigger these sorts of features are the shit.

I like the idea man, guys keep them coming!

As for the biped thing, I can't do much with the clones, they're basically an empty carcass.

Spawn the clones in a room together and do a Flood gametype, you can sit still to hide within your own clones :)

I've got no idea whether this would work but could you make it so it spawns vehicles upon the capturing of a point? So you could capture a point and the attackers get a hog and the defenders gets 2 ghosts for example. I've got no idea how it would work in a game type though.

Reach's invasion basically did this with slayer invasion and the other multi-stage invasion too.

Mistel

Banned
I like the idea man, guys keep them coming!
I've got no idea whether this would work but could you make it so it spawns vehicles upon the capturing of a point? So you could capture a point and the attackers get a hog and the defenders gets 2 ghosts for example. I've got no idea how it would work in a game type though.

Yup, getting weapons/vehicles as a reward for capturing a point was one of the premises of Invasion, that feature can be perfectly replicated in H4 ;)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Halo 2 Anniversary is the only thing that's going to keep me from getting rid of my Xbox One!
And it's just about the only thing that would get me to buy one. A good Halo 5 would work, too.

Does any one care about "Challenges" yet, or are they a failed attempt at something cool (X1)
I like them alright. They were fun to go for sometimes, but more often than not I just got them without trying or even thinking about them.

Caayn

Wow what a limited perspective, the X1 comes with Kinect for a reason, it's no longer locked away for developers or gamers. It's fucking standard kit now mate.
Whooaa relax a bit. I'm fully aware that the Kinect sensor is bundled with every Xbox One console. But that doesn't mean that I, nor everyone else, want to use it all the time. A feature such as the Library has absolutely no reason to be locked behind Kinect. Sure it can be enhanced by it, but to make it mandatory is crazy.

It's nothing like PV2.0, you'd have to sight a player and it would be a very limited window. It's team communication without a mic, a big plus given the dramatic drop off of mic'd up players since Halo 2/3 days. How many times have you killed or boarded an enemy while describing to a teammate where to pick those things up?
As I said before in this thread, I'm a lone wolf player and if I play with buddies I'm barely communicating locations, I'm talking about an awesome move I just pulled, or discussing other games/Halo lore/etc.
Yes I know this isn't very popular in this topic.
Not once did I had problems in Halo games, pre-AA, to determine enemy positions. I never needed team mates to determine that there could be enemy waiting around the corner, some logical thinking and map knowledge did that for me.

What you're doing with the tagging system is making Halo even more easier than it has already become. Tagging would result in floating doritos all over the map. Resulting in an PV which isn't limited to a small area around your current position, which isn't limited to a cooldown period.
For modes that have camo loadouts how many times would you have been saved from camo+sniper with this tagging system?
You want camo to return as a spawnable item? You want (custom) loadouts to return? Do you want Halo or do you want CoD?

Ghazi

Peggle finals with Strongside then Halo 4 finals with Bravo, Walshy and Goldenboy.

Make sure to donate if you can, goes to a great cause!

Not bad, I'll stay tuned in.

If I could I would donate, maybe one day! I knew this was happening soon, didn't know what day though, glad I'm not missing it.

You want camo to return as a spawnable item? You want (custom) loadouts to return? Do you want Halo or do you want CoD?

Why can't we have both? I'm for modes that allow each. I want both classic arena and custom loadouts. I enjoy the vote variants.

I do not enjoy the random wins from the launch Infinity gametype e.g. personal ordance at launch. I have no issue with say BTB having variants for fixed loadouts AND custom loadouts without PODs as well.

Shocker I enjoy some variety when I play Halo. Before you pull a scrub card I've played 10,000's of Halo 2 and 3 at the top matchmaking levels. Classic Halo must be there are launch as should in game ranked play but there's no need for a knee jerk reaction from 4's launch of missing features/gametypes/randomness and remove all modes and progress.

CTF & BTB have some genuinely good to great experiences now, the maps aren't Halo 2 level of quality but many features like JiP refinement, vote variants, sustain, netcode etc are far better than the aging Halo 3 matchmaking experience.

Reach is a joke to play now, in recent months of playing it once a week I've had literally 1 competitive game. It was one player who dominated our team but they only won by 8 kills or so. Halo 4 has more to offer myself and the guys'n'gals I play with. We still play Halo 3 customs once a week too. Armour lock is a rude joke and should never have been allowed in the released game, 4's AA's are better than Reach's IMO but I'll happily play with both. Reach turned into a series of besting your enemy in slowed down kill times. Halo 4 with TU updated to fast kill times and plays much better for it. The base traits in Halo 4 are now some of the best, the maps and missing arena are what is/was holding it back.

nillapuddin

If they wanted to use kinect I can see it being more single player centric than multiplayer, with a similar concept to the library system in CEA.

For those with a one do you actually use kinect for anything? Or do you have it unplugged?

Personally, I think unplugging it is beyond stupid
I have said it many times, and because of Kinect 1.0's mishaps perhaps, people don't believe me, but this Kinect is legit, when placed and calibrated properly, it is 99% accurate, fast and incredibly useful.

(hand motions are useless)

Xbox, Record That
Is pretty damn awesome

Is it always better than controller? No, but it has many uses

* this is the opinion of a man with a girlfriend who often uses the console exclusively for multimedia/Xbox fitness purposes, with great happiness

Btw, wave racing is legit

Something something halo

Mistel

Banned
Yup, getting weapons/vehicles as a reward for capturing a point was one of the premises of Invasion, that feature can be perfectly replicated in H4 ;)
Yay I <3 spawning vehicles as a reward imagine if you could spawn choppers. If brutes and invasion come back in 5 that would be amazing.

Ozzy why would you want a feature that hand holds players? they should learn the maps and some awareness of flow in the maps. It's not difficult to pick up really.

Madness

All I'm going to say is, those who want sprint, loadouts, perks, armor abilities in Halo are in the minority of fans. If this stuff is in the base game for Halo 5, I'm done with the series. They don't need to focus on both just to give choice to gamers. They just need to give what they want, give what Halo fans want. They don't want Reach or Halo 4.

It's like the same people who don't get TitanFall only being 6v6, it's what TitanFall is. So many were saying shit like, I love Battlefield, I love large games. Well go play Battlefield then.

Someone said it best a few pages back, just "make a Halo ass Halo game".

All I'm going to say is, those who want sprint, loadouts, perks, armor abilities in Halo are in the minority of fans. If this stuff is in the base game for Halo 5, I'm done with the series. They don't need to focus on both just to give choice to gamers. They just need to give what they want, give what Halo fans want. They don't want Reach or Halo 4.

It's like the same people who don't get TitanFall only being 6v6, it's what TitanFall is. So many were saying shit like, I love Battlefield, I love large games. Well go play Battlefield then.

Again what is wrong with providing both, in fact it's more than just two sides? Some want arena 4/5 vs. 4/5, some forge, some only play campaign, some only firefight, some BTB, some infection, some coop...

I don't understand this mentality of one mode to rule them all. It was crazy for Halo 4 to not launch with arena, it's just as crazy to want only arena across all modes. Not a single previous Halo game has ever had one mode successfully dominate the population, not one. I've never once teetered on my variety or missing arena position(s). If you think that's being a shill then you're just using misplacing labels for your own argument sake.

Also approx. 400,000 games played with daily peaks of 25,000 in one weekend for one rotational game type 1 year and 4 months after launch. As I've said many times, Steam top 20 games have the same exact trends and percentages as Halo 4. What am I missing here exactly? Oh that's right the HaloGAF salt once again.

Once again I champion player/party leader toggles for dynamic vote variants of maps and gametypes. It solves, or at least heavily reduces, a LOT of issues for the matchmaking players.

Yay I <3 spawning vehicles as a reward imagine if you could spawn choppers. If brutes and invasion come back in 5 that would be amazing.

Ozzy why would you want a feature that hand holds players? they should learn the maps and some awareness of flow in the maps. It's not difficult to pick up really.

Waypoint.jpg

They want that CoD money. and "modern" Halol is a mismatch of Modern tropes executed very poorly.

Defect

But 343 has to cater to everyone! Halo has to be part CoD, Battlefield, Minecraft, Hatsune Miku, but leave out actual Halo.

Ozzy becoming a bigger shill than Speedy?

image.php

Again what is wrong with providing both, in fact it's more than just two sides? Some want arena 4/5 vs. 4/5, some forge, some only play campaign, some only firefight, some BTB, some infection, some coop...

I don't understand this mentality of one mode to rule them all. It was crazy for Halo 4 to not launch with arena, it's just as crazy to want only arena across all modes. Not a single previous Halo game has ever had one mode successfully dominate the population, not one. I've never once teetered on my variety or missing arena position(s). If you think that's being a shill then you're just using misplacing labels for your own argument sake.

Also approx. 400,000 games played with daily peaks of 25,000 in one weekend for one rotational game type 1 year and 4 months after launch. As I've said many times, Steam top 20 games have the same exact trends and percentages as Halo 4. What am I missing here exactly? Oh that's right the HaloGAF salt once again.

Once again I champion player/party leader toggles for dynamic vote variants of maps and gametypes. It solves, or at least heavily reduces, a LOT of issues for the matchmaking players.

The problem with both is simply balance.

The problem with both is simply balance.

Do you not find the current playlists/vote variants of Halo 4 balanced? I completely agree launch was imbalanced.

I'd venture the balancing of playlists/variants in recent months are the best we've seen yet. Did you monitor the official B.net playlists threads for matchmaking in 2 or 3? I know I did and how often/what they produced from those community interactions.

Why would you get rid of it? Killer Instinct!

I don't know if anyone can develop KI besides Double Helix. They did a crazy good job, and last time one of my favorite franchises had a developer switch I got Halo 4. I'm going to wait to see what Microsoft has to say, but I'm not optimistic at all

Nebula

BTB has been championing Halo 4 from the start.

Also we can't always have both. You've seen the effects of a player base split and it does nothing but make the entire game toxic. To have classic Halo and this Halo 4 together would just spell bad news for both sides, like it did in Reach.

Also that's real cute of you to talk about misplacing labels and then labeling us all "salty" because we want Halo back. Real fucking cute.

I don't know if anyone can develop KI besides Double Helix. They did a crazy good job, and last time one of my favorite franchises had a developer switch I got Halo 4. I'm going to wait to see what Microsoft has to say, but I'm not optimistic at all

Phil knew in advance and ken lobb will be there for sure. Maybe they had some guys from DH leave to continue on KI. Also didn't amazon say everything will continue normal?

Defect

A better comparison would be when 343 took over Reach. But Bungie made a shitty game while DH made a good one. The only good thing 343 did for Reach was Zero Bloom.

Do you not find the current playlists/vote variants of Halo 4 balanced? I completely agree launch was imbalanced.

I'd venture the balancing of playlists/variants in recent months are the best we've seen yet. Did you monitor the official B.net playlists threads for matchmaking in 2 or 3? I know I did and how often/what they produced from those community interactions.
As ridiculous as you are sometimes Ozzy, this is I have to say this is true for the most part. Team Slayer in every previous game seemed to have been dominated by automatic starts, which I have a hard time remembering as more fun than Infinity in Halo 4. TU Reach was okay since the pistol was better, but default AR starts were always cringe-worthy. There was Squad, but only for a time...

Mistel

Banned

Spawning with plasma pistols and stickies is decent balancing? That alone is enough to show no consideration for balance exists in 4.

Madness

My post wasn't a reply to you, if it was, I'd have quoted you. It was an amalgam of what I'd been reading the past few pages. What's wrong with both is that they are the very opposite of each other. Halo can't sustain both arena or infinity. Quit making up bullshit about the past Halo games being not being dominant to one playtype. That's not what its about. Compare Halo 3 team Slayer, big team Slayer, and then MLG. Tell me how the individual systems have changed. They haven't. MLG may remove radar, increase movement speed, shied recharge, damage, but the base game is the same. Now compare Infinity Slayer, to Infinity Big Team, and Slayer Pro or Throwdown.

Infinity has sprint, has instant respawn, has personal and global ordnance, has loadouts, perks, armor abilities. Slayer Pro has none of that.

I don't need to hear about steam metrics, just like I didn't need to read posts near launch about how global ordnance would be better for newer gamers because they would have a chance to get weapons, it'll make gameplay dynamic because spawns wouldn't be set and people would have to think on their toes.

But hey, you're free to your opinion like I am free to mine. I don't think it works, it can work in other games, it doesn't work in Halo.

BTB has been championing Halo 4 from the start.

Also we can't always have both. You've seen the effects of a player base split and it does nothing but make the entire game toxic. To have classic Halo and this Halo 4 together would just spell bad news for both sides, like it did in Reach.

Also that's real cute of you to talk about misplacing labels and then labeling us all "salty" because we want Halo back. Real fucking cute.

Just keeping the snarkiness quota alive, you mean it's not fun to be labelled? Good you get the point. I'm all for arena, love it, just don't want it 100% of all modes.

343i did the right thing on paper to unify the game settings at 4's launch, just as you point out with the Reach/TU clusterfuck. I think they made massive progress since then with the TU, playlists and variants to the current framework.

Halo 4 has successfully for the most part kept a unified base and enabled variety in playlists/variants. This is far better than Reach ever accomplished.

If they can deliver arena, other core modes and integrate all the updates dedis will introduce, while keeping the experience gained since launch until now, then I think we're in for a real treat from 343i. There is potential to hit great heights for many different aspects of the playerbase, whether that's what they deliver is yet to be seen.

Here's a few things I've speculated on about dedis so far (I've posted this before but I find it relevant once again):

1. No host migration & no black screen waiting while host changes. There is no host to quit out.

2. No interrupted game statistics, all your Waypoint statistics will be accurate and not inaccurate due to host migrations or host quitting etc.

3. More interactive maps as the synchronisation between players is easier with cloud/dedicated servers.

4. Faster updates to playlists/game settings, potentially even behind the scenes with no waiting to download updates by players.

5. Far less host advantage in game.

6. Improved regional player matching and therefore higher quality game experiences.

7. Far more simultaneous player per game e.g. 32 or 64 or 128 players in one match.

8. Coop play could reduce or eliminate input latency e.g. campaign coop or spartan ops or firefight could be buttery smooth while allowing far more detail in maps or interactive elements.

9. Seamless matchmaking like Destiny done in game in real time.

10. "Smart Match" background matchmaking as X1 advertise so you can do other things while searching for specific games/modes etc.

11. Potentially a custom playlist search or community published content in real time.

12. Potentially cloud processing of background AI, persistent or shared world(s).

13. Potentially cloud processing of graphics using a Level of Detail (LOD) system so things in use or on screen or close to the player or done on the console where all other things about to come into view or off screen etc are preloaded or calculated by the cloud.

14. Things like ghost players e.g. mario kart time trials or Forza Drivatar etc.

15. New game settings, tweaks, patches, content, maps, playlists etc can be added by developers in real time without the need for patches or download waiting etc.

16. Far less cheating e.g. no host bridging, no bandwidth throttling, no standby, no purposeful host quitting, anti-boosting/banhammer improvements etc.

17. In game ranks meaning far more e.g. statistics are far more accurate do to accuracy and reliability of no client host or host migrations or split games etc.

18. There is also potential for a hybrid system with cloud hosting and P2P (peer to peer e.g. Xbox Live on 360). This is being done with Call of Duty Ghosts and could likely appear in Halo as well. Just in case the cloud Azure datacentres and Content Distribution Networks (CDNs) aren't local to you it may benefit some international players to remain on P2P in place of overseas dedicated servers.

19. Automated clip saving in the cloud, save game sharing, access from multiple devices, game streaming to tablets or mobiles.

20. Spin off games like Spartan Assault or RTS that contribute in real time back to a Halo FPS multiplayer game e.g. Dust/Eve online.

21. Dedicated servers are just that, fixed into a location with specific resources, settings and geolocation etc. Cloud based systems to the global scale of Azure/Compute provide redundancy (no fall back playlists), scalable performance as needed and where (e.g. Australia get lots of players online at differing times/days to the USA and this will automatically be catered for). Servers don't need to go offline like Halo 2 PC servers as cloud scales up or down as needed.

22. Potentially shared party viewing of saved games or screenshots etc. Cloud or dedicated servers enable these sorts of services far better than P2P. So being in a party with 3 other mates you could watch your campaign or multiplayer game together without the slow loading or skipping of frames etc. This could be a real benefit.

23. Far more storage for saving or potentially editing game videos to the cloud. Again could access this from multiple devices or view with multiple people on multiple devices etc.

Now layer what we've seen with variants since launch and guess what HX1 will be like. Personally I see what I'm talking about, specificity of maps and settings for each mode from a unified base game. It's a lot harder to develop Halo than just arena, arena, ARENA. 343i have had 1 shot at it so far. Bungie had 4 (not counting Wars & ODST).

I'm also looking forward to what Destiny can achieve away from the developer shackles of Halo player expectations.

Spawning with plasma pistols and stickies is decent balancing? That alone is enough to show no consideration for balance exists in 4.

Do you play BTB now? Or just at launch? Heavies plays very well, equal to or better than heavies in 3. Fixed loadout BTB variant also removes plasmas or AAs altogether and is a blast to play. I play BTB quite a bit and it's no where near the launch levels of DMR and Plasma Pistols. Again join a decent party and control the votes, I suppose that's why I enjoy 4 more than others??? Our party control the votes almost every game.

My post wasn't a reply to you, if it was, I'd have quoted you. It was an amalgam of what I'd been reading the past few pages. What's wrong with both is that they are the very opposite of each other. Halo can't sustain both arena or infinity. Quit making up bullshit about the past Halo games being not being dominant to one playtype. That's not what its about. Compare Halo 3 team Slayer, big team Slayer, and then MLG. Tell me how the individual systems have changed. They haven't. MLG may remove radar, increase movement speed, shied recharge, damage, but the base game is the same. Now compare Infinity Slayer, to Infinity Big Team, and Slayer Pro or Throwdown.

Infinity has sprint, has instant respawn, has personal and global ordnance, has loadouts, perks, armor abilities. Slayer Pro has none of that.

I don't need to hear about steam metrics, just like I didn't need to read posts near launch about how global ordnance would be better for newer gamers because they would have a chance to get weapons, it'll make gameplay dynamic because spawns wouldn't be set and people would have to think on their toes.

But hey, you're free to your opinion like I am free to mine. I don't think it works, it can work in other games, it doesn't work in Halo.

I have to call bullshit here. Of course MLG is very different from default Halo. Always has been. No radar, no vehicles, no mid to large maps, no brute shot, no 1-sided games...I could keep going. Halo CE was the closest MLG has ever been to default matchmaking. Halo 4 against some vote variants has returned to that and Ghost gets that arena has to do something to entice more players back to it. I love arena objective, far more than 4's CTF. I've never loved MLG settings, doesn't do it for me and I've tried to get into with every version of Halo games. I watch tournies for the player skill and teamwork, not the MLG settings. Global championships was more universally liked by default AND classic arena players. More of this please.

Phil knew in advance and ken lobb will be there for sure. Maybe they had some guys from DH leave to continue on KI. Also didn't amazon say everything will continue normal?

Kenn Lobb is still there, but I'm pretty sure he was just looking over it. I'm almost positive Double Helix did the balancing and has most of the ideas for the game...and they've said they're all leaving.

A better comparison would be when 343 took over Reach. But Bungie made a shitty game while DH made a good one. The only good thing 343 did for Reach was Zero Bloom.

Yea I agree. I just have a bad feeling about it, I feel like Microsoft is going to want something ready for Q4 2014 and we're going to get a rushed product. But we'll see I suppose.

What i mean by balance is this. When you are focused on catering to multiple audiences it never works out in terms of balance. It's one or the other. I have seen many games try this and failing. If you focus on arena for example,maps and gameplay elements have to be a certain way. Maps are smaller and if sprint is in then maps need to be big because then small arenas with sprint will be a clusterfuck. That is just one example.

Kenn Lobb is still there, but I'm pretty sure he was just looking over it. I'm almost positive Double Helix did the balancing and has most of the ideas for the game...and they've said they're all leaving.

We will see how it turns out but to rule everything out without knowing is kind of strange.

Yea I agree. I just have a bad feeling about it, I feel like Microsoft is going to want something ready for Q4 2014 and we're going to get a rushed product. But we'll see I suppose.

Halo 5 is not this year confirmed buy the leaker.

Are you really that dense? So MLG Slayer is as different to Team Slayer, as Infinity Slayer is to Team Throwdown? Don't mistake weapon placements, weapon starts, damage modifiers with armor abilities, loadouts, instant respawn, random ordnance, personal ordnance you can call down, and the ability to change loadouts in-match.

And enough with the Global Championships. You bring it up almost every time as this huge successful event that showcases Halo dominance. It was one tourney several months ago, that almost everyone outside of the Halo community has forgotten. Hell, I bet a ton of Halo fans and players wouldn't even remember who won. What matters more, is games like League of Legends, and others having millions of viewers on streams, watching them play. Why aren't Halo fans watching? Why aren't pros playing?

Like who are you even trying to convince here? I've been playing Halo 4 almost everyday the past two weeks. I've seen how none of my friends list plays the game or has touched it in a long time. Why? Why is it out of the top 15?

You know what, I hope they include both types in Halo 5. They add infinity again. Why? Just so that when once again, the game falls behind CoD, Destiny, TitanFall, Battlefield whatever guys like you will have no leg to stand on. Maybe two games that alienated the fanbase weren't enough, maybe they need 3. One thing you should get through your head, we're as big fans of Halo as you are. And though we don't represent all of the Halo community, we do have a variety of issues here, I said guys like you are in the minority, and I mean it. Check every Halo community, check every let's play, read many forums. Get their thoughts on Halo 4, get their thoughts on Reach, and ask them, if they want infinity back for the next game. If they want armor abilities, perks, loadouts, sprint, instant respawn, personal ordnance etc.

What makes you lump me into this single category of wanting launch Infinity across the board? Do you even read posts and take them in? Never once have I championed instant respawn or PODs. I don't like either of them. I am aware of many forums, probably far more than most TBH. Never once have I put a single segment or player demographic above another, I don't think like that so don't try and put words in my mouth mate. I'm well aware of how passionate HaloGAF and Halo fans in general are. Waypoint has plenty of posters who like variety or arena or action sack for example. Some posters simply stay in the lore forums as that's all they care about.

You raise pros and viewers but the game with all the things you post against is the one attracting pros. Ironic isn't it? Prize money and frequency of tournaments within travelling distance is your answer. Over the long term pros seek monetary rewards with the least expenses. A ton of gamers don't know who pro teams/players are or what commentators names are or even what Twitch is before being part of the X1 platform for example. Again you're stating things with bias to prop up your own points.

HaloGAF, for the most part, reads like "we want massive population to return to Halo but you have to play it our way with our settings". I present more options, that's my take on things. I'd play a full on classic arena only Halo MM game, for the dedis and in game rank alone. I would genuinely like to know if it could return Halo the king of FPS. I seriously doubt that would even sell well these days. But you already know Sci-Fi FPS has been done to death. The game(s) you herald as kings now are mostly NOT FPSs at all. One FPS dominates and it highlights the shift from hardcore arena to pickup'n'play for the masses with sci-fi vs. military shooter undertones. Despite this it attracts players and viewers, exactly the polar opposite of what you claim Halo needs to do by going back to classic arena 100%. You are literally arguing against yourself at that point.

I'll concede the game features of spectating and in game rank etc contribute to this as well. I've also posted about technical/corporate reasons for Halo 4 to be missing such things in light of X1 and XBL platform changes.

I don't have the magic answer as to why Halo isn't king any more. However when I look at Reach Ann/TU or Halo 4 TU/throwdown or AGL/UMG I don't see masses returning to play a 75%+ version of serious developer or community attempts to deliver that classic arena gameplay.

It would be great to have 2 game versions release; a classic arena and then a variety based one. Perhaps the rumours are true for all games to re-release, I still think that's a joke in itself though.

belushy

Banned
Am I gonna have to ignore my first GAF member today?

edit: Actually, I lied. I forgot I'm ignoring some dude that posts in Off-Topic... kk my first HaloGAF member..

You won't believe the amount of bad players defending all of that and telling other fans to screw off that says differently to "Go back and play the original series if we want future Halos to use the original formula."

The arrogance and ignorance of them can make you dumbfounded even after you try to explain the pros and cons of added variables within the new formula which is the core focus that's Infinity Slayer. Don't get me wrong. It took Team Throwdown to make me appreciate what Infinity had to offer. What Sprint had to offer. What Armor Abilities had to offer. I see now that it took a lot of time and effort to construct all those variables into a working formula. I like sprint to stay depending on the gametype and maps they work most effectively. I think veterans want an evolution to the series so long as it doesn't break the balance and flow of how halo plays so well.

How do devs sort out this conflict? How do they Not alienate their loyal fanbase that are veterans and new a like with future halos?

I would like if 343 really reflects on all of this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom