• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

GMT Ireland, but if it's a Saturday night it doesn't really matter.

good business, I say we shoot for Saturday afternoon/evening, just hang out and play, and when we get enough guys around who need some help we can detour for some achievements

although I guess I need a pretty graphic and some bolded text so people will know the game night is for real

we can set it in stone tomorrow or so I guess, just to make sure there are no stark objections

Endure. Is that an ODST Vidmaster achievement? I need to get those actually. It'd be really fun to do a run through of that game with people here. I don't recall ever finishing ODST, but it was an awesome game and I only got to play SP, not co op.

Ah, that achivement was amazing for the vidmaster challenge

I remember I did it with spain guys and one of my friends then the electricity went out after two hours and couldnt get the achievement. Got another spain group crew then in the final set for the achievement I made a joke about about a in the final waves of the firefight a Scarab will appear like a final boss wave battle, everyone freaked out of it.

Ghazi

Did they move away from Arcsoft on the first HDPVR?

Bottom of the page is the latest version
http://hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hdpvr.html

I'd recommend that since it allows for 20Mbps recording (HDPVR2 is capped at 14Mbps)
I have never seen that page, wat. Thanks for linking it, I searched their website for it and Google and never found the software. Wow, yeah thanks that's extremely helpful to me, I won't be only stuck with XSplit anymore.
Ah, that achivement was amazing for the vidmaster challenge

I remember I did it with spain guys and one of my friends then the electricity went out after two hours and couldnt get the achievement. Got another spain group crew then in the final set for the achievement I made a joke about about a in the final waves of the firefight a Scarab will appear like a final boss wave battle, everyone freaked out of it.
I remember my power died during the end of a LASO I was doing in Reach :(

I need to beat ODST one day, such a fun game.

Mistel

Banned
No one seriously thinks bloom is a good addition do they?

I only have one vidmaster I only got that one where you didn't use the right trigger.

Fuchsdh

Endure. Is that an ODST Vidmaster achievement? I need to get those actually. It'd be really fun to do a run through of that game with people here. I don't recall ever finishing ODST, but it was an awesome game and I only got to play SP, not co op.

I'm down for helping people out with it if they need an able hand. Tons of fun.

Endure was amazing. Didn't it take like two hours non-stop?

Pretty sure I linked up with people about 4 times and helped them get it. ODST Firefight <3

Three hours roughly. Got d/c twice so had to run it three times to get the achievement myself :p

Watched this earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lqdB_bE35Xw#t=50

Love to see MLG pick up H2A if it's an xbl chart success. I know the chances of this happening are itsy bitsy teeny weenie.

The part with him yelling at Tsquared is awesome.

t2_zpsea7c575f.png

Fuchsdh

I need the vidmaster's I got right to the end of that iron one then disconnected. I wouldn't mind doing vidmasters with people.

*Cough* high aim assist. But still they are legitimately good.

I still need two vidmaster's achievements. So I'm up for some ODST time. Just give me a time and date whenever everyone wants to get on.

I'm available any time in the evenings most weekdays and weekends (EST, UTC-5).

IHaveIce

Banned
Trying to get Endure were the worst times I ever had :lol

First time 2 waves(or rounds? whatever is the smaller one) from winning and suddenly my friends lags out and we all get booted back to the lobby.

Hours wasted.

Second time we literally have only 2 enemies left to kill, we all die because of a plasma nade... all lifes are gone.

Hours wasted

Third time, we were near victory when a friend says "sorry guys I have to go to bed"... We all were mad as fuck, luckily he left his xbox on and hid himself in a corner.

We got it that way

*Cough* high aim assist. But still they are legitimately good.
Yeah they were good at CE too, but I meant more in general with that comment. I wonder how the metagame would've changed (if at all) and how fierce the competition would've been for that game if it had the mainstream exposure of later games.

If "CE2" was the sequel released on XBL titled as Halo 2 and Halo 3 was released as Halo 2 (as we knew it in '04), people on a much larger scale would've flipped the hell out like CE fans did. Reach and Halo 4 probably wouldn't have turned out way they did..
and ii have to turn on Subtitles every time i start up the game.
Yeah what's up with the games not saving our settings? It's been an issue since Halo 3.

First time 2 waves(or rounds? whatever is the smaller one) from winning and suddenly my friends lags out and we all get booted back to the lobby.

Hours wasted.

Second time we literally have only 2 enemies left to kill, we all die because of a plasma nade... all lifes are gone.

Hours wasted

Third time, we were near victory when a friend says "sorry guys I have to go to bed"... We all were mad as fuck, luckily he left his xbox on and hid himself in a corner.

We got it that way

LOL on my first try, my friend died against a Grunt as the LAST ENEMY before the achievement..

Havok

Hours wasted.

Hours wasted

We got it that way
In the same vein as those examples, I feel like most of the challenge there really was the network element and roping in other people to sit there for that long. I remember trying it once with people, then after that attempt went sideways I just went for it solo without really comprehending the social/online requirements in the description. That sure was a waste of a couple hours, but without jackass teammates with Gravity Hammers and half-second input delay, it really wasn't all that bad.
Anyone else getting Titanfall?
Yessir.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I was playing Hardcore TDM on Ghosts last night and played three consecutive games where the "king" of the other team side had one of those riot shields and was INDESTRUCTIBLE. Am I missing something? I shot him in the back and the side, not the shields, and I heard the bullets hit flesh, but NOTHING HAPPENED TO HIM.

I was having Armor Lock ragequit flashbacks.

BigShow36

I was playing Hardcore TDM on Ghosts last night and played three consecutive games where the "king" of the other team side had one of those riot shields and was INDESTRUCTIBLE. Am I missing something? I shot him in the back and the side, not the shields, and I heard the bullets hit flesh, but NOTHING HAPPENED TO HIM.

I would if I had a Xbone, but I have little incentive to purchase a new system at this point. My gaming days are probably done until the next great competitive FPS comes out.

That's what it's always been for me, even though most of my friends and family think of me as a "gamer." Counterstrike drove me mad because my PC/internet sucked too bad to play it, then I didn't game much until Goldeneye came out. Then I stopped playing until CE came out, now I'm going to stop playing until something else comes out that feeds that fire, if it ever does.

Karl2177

I still need to get Endure, but I won't have time to sink into it until spring break. I'd consider something then, because my internet connection will still be decent.

I'm grabbing Titanfall for PC. Still waiting to make a next-gen decision until there are more games to sway me one way or the other.

Edit: still need Annual, Save This Film, Overkill, and Two For One as well.

FyreWulff

Yes. For my 360 though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

100%

also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROctQjQP_HQ

wwm0nkey

Waiting for that TitanFall Xbox One to be official and then I'll get in on some Titanfall. Also for other things that will be confirmed at a not too far away date.

The best way to kill a shield guy is usually throwing him C4 or proximity mines behind him or by his sides with the long arm perk.

Caayn

I'll be playing the XB1 version of Titanfall. As for players who use a shield in CoD, I uselessly have a grenade specially reserved for him/her when I notice a player uses a shield.

Wizman23

Banned

Day 1. I was in the Alpha and it was the most fun MP game I have played since Halo 2 and its glory days.

Nebula

Sounds like a Juggernaut.

Dub117

Yep, I bought an xbox one for titanfall
and H2A and Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom