• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
Yeah they were good at CE too, but I meant more in general with that comment. I wonder how the metagame would've changed (if at all) and how fierce the competition would've been for that game if it had the mainstream exposure of later games.

LOL on my first try, my friend died against a Grunt as the LAST ENEMY before the achievement..
If it was updated with new releases that expanded on and improved on the gameplay, then maybe the decline wouldn't have happened. 5 may fix all the problems but I wonder if the audience will return.

I've never tried endure is/was it difficult? Hey Nilla I need photographic evidence of that kinect usage... :p

Anyone else getting Titanfall?

I was playing Hardcore TDM on Ghosts last night and played three consecutive games where the "king" of the other team side had one of those riot shields and was INDESTRUCTIBLE. Am I missing something? I shot him in the back and the side, not the shields, and I heard the bullets hit flesh, but NOTHING HAPPENED TO HIM.

I was having Armor Lock ragequit flashbacks.
Yup. Can not wait Titanfall is going to be fucking awesome

Stand By for Titanfall.

Computer

I was playing Hardcore TDM on Ghosts last night and played three consecutive games where the "king" of the other team side had one of those riot shields and was INDESTRUCTIBLE. Am I missing something? I shot him in the back and the side, not the shields, and I heard the bullets hit flesh, but NOTHING HAPPENED TO HIM.

This happened to me first time I played the game. The guy held the shield while crouching. So you cant shot his legs. Then he throws C4 at anyone who gets close and kills them. I laughed inside and never played the game again. Halo needs to be the complete opposite of everything COD represents.

I played the Alpha. Very addictive game play. Played over 10 hours in 4 days.

I've never tried endure is/was it difficult? Hey Nilla I need photographic evidence of that kinect usage... :p

Yes and no, try some training plays before the real thing, learn where the enemies spawn, specially suicidal grunts and be careful of Drones waves, Brute waves can be dangerous if you dont have the exact weapons to kill them faster. I did the achievement in the Alpha site, no special enemies and suicidal gruntes spawns are more easy to target

IHaveIce

Banned

Titanfall HaloGAF represent

sword_zps5458d26d.gif

Who's gonna Halo 4-ise it?

Havoc2049

I figure we should set up a date for CheevoGATE 2014, maybe like next Saturday or something?

Are the majority of the guys who want to participate on US times? Eastern/Pacific?

I'm Eastern time

US - Pacific time here. Anytime Sunday would be better for me, as I usually work on Saturday.

I'll be getting Titanfall for XB1.

I think everyone from HaloGAF who owns a X1 is getting titan fall. Game is ace since I played it the last time. No time for the beta tho.

I still need to get Endure, but I won't have time to sink into it until spring break. I'd consider something then, because my internet connection will still be decent.

I'm grabbing Titanfall for PC. Still waiting to make a next-gen decision until there are more games to sway me one way or the other.

Edit: still need Annual, Save This Film, Overkill, and Two For One as well.
I'm always down for Endure, so much fun. Also Titanfall on PC.

I think everyone from HaloGAF who owns a X1 is getting titan fall. Game is ace since I played it the last time. No time for the beta tho.

I would be surprised if any X1 owner dont buy the game.

I will be busy playing Dark Souls 2 anyway, still shocked the game didnt make it for next gen ....for now.

Could someone explain why it doesn't play similar to Call of Duty? When I watched the leaked alpha stuff the gunplay and animations looked like they were ripped from Call of Duty.

Defect

Could someone explain why it doesn't play similar to Call of Duty? When I watched the leaked alpha stuff the gameplay looked pretty similar.
Cuz wallruns and robots.

It's another "I SEE YOU FIRST! *bang*" shooter.

Is it bad? Probably not. Some of you guys freak out over nothing.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else jumping in on the Final Fantasy XIV beta on PS4? It starts February 22nd, and I'm gonna try it out. It'll be my first ever MMO. I have no idea if I'll like it.

If Frankie can ask about Titanfall I can ask about this.

Caayn

Anyone else jumping in on the Final Fantasy XIV beta on PS4? It starts February 22nd, and I'm gonna try it out. It'll be my first ever MMO. I have no idea if I'll like it.

Coincidence, I just bought FFXIV today. Don't know why I waited that long when I enjoyed the PC beta for "A Realm Reborn". Don't own a PS4 yet, otherwise I'd jumped in with ya.

Goodbye TV, it was nice knowing you. Plasma + MMO isn't a very good mix :(
Cuz wallruns and robots.

It's another "I SEE YOU FIRST! *bang*" shooter.
And Halo is another Quake because you know, both are arena shooters. PGR is another NFS as both are arcade racers.
I haven't played Titanfall yet, but I don't get the entire "Omg it's calla dooty".

How do I join the beta? careful, joining a MMO can be addictive.

Day 1 (see Day 3 US time)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How do I join the beta? careful, joining a MMO can be addictive.
It's my understanding that all PS4 owners can join the beta, but I'm not sure how. I think you'll just be able to download it on February 22. Do you have a PS4? You should add me: kittens_dx.

Edit : Feb 22 is the PS4 launch date in Japan, and the FF14 beta will be available there, too. Their servers will probably be down for at least a week, lol.

Mistel

Banned
I'm not sure if I want to get titanfall, it just doesn't appeal really. I think it's just i'm not sure how it actually plays. I'll get a preowned 360 copy at some point.

There's days I really wonder how little you play halo if you thought survivor was a good idea :/. People keep stealing my wraith :(.

Titanfall
X-
Boner here. Might have to double dip depending on how many PC friends get it, so hopefully it will be on sale because Stea.. oh wait Origin. Does Origin have good sales like Steam?
If it was updated with new releases that expanded on and improved on the gameplay, then maybe the decline wouldn't have happened. 5 may fix all the problems but I wonder if the audience will return.

I'm down to help you with Endure if you need it.
Whoa totally took that shit out of context whoops, whatever point still stands article has flawed logic.
Careful what you say around Speedy's Microsoft products. Shit can get dangerous around here.

I hope Heavies gets an extended run. Loving it at the moment.

Just got disconnected from that lobby Storm :(
I seriously haven't had this much fun playing Halo multiplayer since some Halo 3 ranked matches. The DLC maps (<3 Harvest) are way more fun than the base maps.

Fracas

#fuckonami

I'm down. I need to play my PS4 more, been basically addicted to LoL since January. I'll probably grab Thief and Rayman when they launch to get back into next gen goodness.

As for Titanfall, if I have money by launch (and I should), I'll grab it on PC. If I have a fuckton of money to blow (and I might), then I'll buy a used XB1 and Titanfall. More than likely not though, as that is literally the only game that piques my interest on the system.

gAg CruSh3r

I'm getting Tittan Fall for the Xbox one. It's one of those games you have to play to judge. To me it's a good refresh for the FPS games.

Havoc2049

Just played Zanzibar Beach on H2V....Sooo much fun. Been ages since I played on that map. One of the better Halo maps ever, imo. I won 25-11..woot! Funny after all this time, I still remember where everything is.

Just curious, but what does everyone use when playing H2V, KB&M or X360 controller? I use a controller myself.

Just played Zanzibar Beach on H2V....Sooo much fun. Been ages since I played on that map. One of the better Halo maps ever, imo. I won 25-11..woot! Funny after all this time, I still remember where everything is.

Just curious, but what does everyone use when playing H2V, KB&M or X360 controller? I use a controller myself.

og xbox controller or 360? I think the og works right? Right now i just use the mouse and kb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom