• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

I'm not sure if I want to get titanfall, it just doesn't appeal really. I think it's just i'm not sure how it actually plays.
I'm with you on this (though I know we're a minority). Looks cool but not a game I'd enjoy. Hell, I bought GTA V bc of all the hype and played like 5 missions.

I just want a good Halo. That's pretty much the extent of my gaming.

m23

I just remembered something from a while back in one of the Forza threads. There was a small discussion of the Warthog making an appearance in Forza 5. Frankie had responded in the thread stating that the next Warthog we'll see will be in 60 fps. Now seeing as how there is no Warthog in Forza 5 as of yet....H2A at 60 fps confirmed? Or maybe this was before they decided on pushing Halo 5 back.

I'll see if I can find the quote.

Edit: Found it

I can confirm that the next new Warthog you see will be 60fps.

Wait....this quote actually makes it even more interesting.

Ghazi

Ignore the lame attempt to sell more Ones, everyone on 360 will be getting it the same day as you. It'll be fine.

tbh I'm seriously considering waiting a week or two to see if it comes out well. Dark Souls 2 is coming out in March and I can only get one or the either, I wanted to get FFX HD as well. Tough choices that month.

heckfu

Banned
giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_msfdg1yfaf1qiw26m.gif

Mistel

Banned
I'm with you on this (though I know we're a minority). Looks cool but not a game I'd enjoy. Hell, I bought GTA V bc of all the hype and played like 5 missions.

I just want a good Halo. That's pretty much the extent of my gaming.
I don't mind it really but FPS wise halo is my main draw apart from WW2 really (axis campaign pls). I don't see the point in buying it if it looks like I won't enjoy it, (dark souls is kinda a anomaly) GTA 5 is a regret for me as well the online freeroam kinda redeeming.

Just got a boss grenade launch splatter. Took out a teammate and an enemy.
I like how you do cool stuff after I leave :(, (thanks for carrying me though :) ) we had jet packers and plasma pistols everywhere in the games we played. My poor wraith :'(.

Titanfall
X-
Boner here. Might have to double dip depending on how many PC friends get it, so hopefully it will be on sale because Stea.. oh wait Origin. Does Origin have good sales like Steam?
Very rarely, but Amazon has great deals on Origin games whenever they have a big sale. Doubt we'll see deep discounts on Titanfall any time soon though.

ElRenoRaven

Xbox One Titanfall gonna be so goooooooddddddd

Yup. It's going to be fun as hell. I have no doubt after watching streams of the alpha. Already have my currency loaded and ready to go. Wish Microsoft would do digital preorders. That and pre-loading are two things they need to work on.

Ghazi

Imagine, if you had a Thruster Pack, you could use it to thrust/boost forward on vehicles without it (there aren't many like this though, but it'd be neat and helpful for splatters, especially with the Mongoose).

Badass.

And Halo is another Quake because you know, both are arena shooters. PGR is another NFS as both are arcade racers.
I haven't played Titanfall yet, but I don't get the entire "Omg it's calla dooty".

This is an awful comparison lol. I'm pretty sure even the people who are excited for TitanFall will admit the visual style and animations look very similar to Call of Duty.

Mistel

Banned
I just got another Triple :)

QuyAL5Y.png

I'm doing well. Really well.
Show off :p, if only the passengers aim wasn't so weird, I bet you could have fun with a concussion rifle or a FRG on the back of a goose. I really hate vortex so much but good luck with your overkill :).

Playing the Halo 4 campaign and is it me or do you die way too fast?
If it's the knights with incineration cannons then definitely yes, forerunner power weapons are cheap.

Show off :p, if only the passengers aim wasn't so weird, I bet you could have fun with a concussion rifle or a FRG on the back of a goose. I really hate vortex so much but good luck with your overkill :).

If it's the knights with incineration cannons then definitely yes, forerunner power weapons are cheap.

Nah it's the covenant.

Nebula

I only ever liked Vortex as a goosing map, and since they decided to remove the Mongoose from it, I've had no reason to bother playing the map as it plays horribly for other vehicles. If I can be bothered, I normally whore Banshee.

Just got JIP into a KOTH game with one other guy vs a team of 8. Spawn killed immediately. Thanks 343.

Madness

Hell yeah, people still use their 360's. I got a shitload of games I still need to beat. Plus I've been playing Halo 4.

I'm waiting for more TitanFall info. Especially on 360. If they've achieved 60 fps on it as well at the sacrifice of visuals, I'm fine with that. Bluepoint does remakes well and it's going to have dedicated servers too.

I was going to buy an XbOne, but ever since I've seen that employee white one, I've wanted it. And supposedly it releases around November of this year, so I'll get one then. Can't wait to see what the Halo bundle may be like, if there is one.

Nebula

I've just randomly been banned from Matchmaking. What the fuck.

Supposedly for quitting too many games. I thought that got removed because of JIP? And I've not even quit many games at all. I got banned after my last game... Which I played in until completion.

Almost every time when I think about AA's in better polishing Halo there's just a bunch of conflicts with the Arena Slayer formula. Perhaps Default TP isn't the best idea. But still a better one than Sprint. Like others said having TP as pickup is way better. The idea of these mechanics being abused annoys me.

But if used in a different formula than it could possibly shine. TP 1.0 can't double jump if users wanted to use the default Unless you can one time thrust upwards followed by a horizontal thrust in another direction for 2.0. I still would rather prefer straight up classics over anything along with better gunplay. And Arena maps no doubt.

This might sound ridiculous in the sense of Arena Halo but with the proper map, player base speed, strafing, and core gameplay than I think it could work out pretty well. What other games out there besides Titanfall can make this work effectively? I can't think of one. And titanfall is a different dynamic anyhow.. I only used it as an example of its thruster mechanics. Idk, I just feel like it could work with the proper polishing.

Mistel

Banned
Nah it's the covenant.
I remember having used the neddler a ton as I could get ammo for it, otherwise some of the encounters sucked like the one in the last third of shutdown. (I'm glad you could skip most of that level)

I only ever liked Vortex as a goosing map, and since they decided to remove the Mongoose from it, I've had no reason to bother playing the map as it plays horribly for other vehicles. If I can be bothered, I normally whore Banshee.

Just got JIP into a KOTH game with one other guy vs a team of 8. Spawn killed immediately. Thanks 343.
And not to mention just ugly, I think vehicles don't work because things like the gauss hog and the mantis are too badly balanced in matchmaking. There's also the limited travel options for land vehicles as well. JIP does suck most of the time.

Does this white bone come as matte and a 1tb hard drive? I might get on in November then if not ludicrously expensive.

Naughty nebula :p JIP with quit bans logic :/.

So my ban is an hour long. 1 whole hour. For leaving like 3 games.

Wow.
Sure it wasn't more than that?

Seems inconsistent though according to Waypoint forums, but it's hard to tell because you can't really depend on your average poster over there to know how to count.

belushy

Banned
Almost every time when I think about AA's in better polishing Halo there's just a bunch of conflicts with the Arena Slayer formula. Perhaps Default TP isn't the best idea. But still a better one than Sprint. Like others said having TP as pickup is way better. The idea of these mechanics being abused annoys me.

But if used in a different formula than it could possibly shine. TP 1.0 can't double jump if users wanted to use the default Unless you can one time thrust upwards followed by a horizontal thrust in another direction for 2.0. I still would rather prefer straight up classics over anything along with better gunplay. And Arena maps no doubt.

This might sound ridiculous in the sense of Arena Halo but with the proper map, player base speed, strafing, and core gameplay than I think it could work out pretty well. What other games out there besides Titanfall can make this work effectively? I can't think of one. And titanfall is a different dynamic anyhow.. I only used it as an example of its thruster mechanics. Idk, I just feel like it could work with the proper polishing.

Pretty much all of us want classic gameplay with classic map design, but I still think there is room for discussion on other things that would have potential to add to the gameplay and maybe even make it better.

The idea of TP default is really cool. I know Duji said something about how bad the melee fighting was, though, which is definitely a concern. I think that problem would be mitigated if you take shield damage for every dash you do. It would force people to use it sparingly.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if sword wielders should be allowed to dash with the sword out. I actually think dashing with the sword would be worse than sprinting/sword combo.

Nebula

Sure it wasn't more than that?

Seems inconsistent though according to Waypoint forums, but it's hard to tell because you can't really depend on your average poster over there to know how to count.

I voluntarily left 3, and a few hours before I lagged out of a lobby (game had yet to start) while I was with Storm and lagged out of a game shortly after she went off.

I've also never been quit banned on 4 before.

So technically 4, but if they count disconnects as quits in an entirely social game...

Decided to capture some clips instead of wondering what logic sits behind this hour long quit ban in a game suffering population problems.

Pretty much all of us want classic gameplay with classic map design, but I still think there is room for discussion on other things that would have potential to add to the gameplay and maybe even make it better.

The idea of TP default is really cool. I know Duji said something about how bad the melee fighting was, though, which is definitely a concern. I think that problem would be mitigated if you take shield damage for every dash you do. It would force people to use it sparingly.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if sword wielders should be allowed to dash with the sword out. I actually think dashing with the sword would be worse than sprinting/sword combo.
Watch it turns out like shit power slayer in Reach as players die falling out of the map lol

Im glad you guys like the idea. I hope it works if someone can work it out properly in the future.

nillapuddin

So in continuation of my unofficial Halo Career Achievement Grind 2014, I am now at Spartan Assault Xbox One/Windows 8 (its infuriating that I must do all of it twice, but I digress)

Ive heard that there are some bugged achievements or challenges, something to that effect, what specifically should I be looking out for?

edit: also..

are there more than 30 pieces to this, or have I unlocked everything?
44JulaJ.png

I voluntarily left 3, and a few hours before I lagged out of a lobby (game had yet to start) while I was with Storm and lagged out of a game shortly after she went off.

I've also never been quit banned on 4 before.

So technically 4, but if they count disconnects as quits in an entirely social game...

Decided to capture some clips instead of wondering what logic sits behind this hour long quit ban in a game suffering population problems.
Okay, that's pretty dumb.

Seems odd they increased the quit ban time from Reach (like 15 minutes? half hour?) even though there's JIP now.

Nebula

Okay, that's pretty dumb.

Seems odd they increased the quit ban time from Reach (like 15 minutes? half hour?) even though there's JIP now.

Yeah it's a strange decision to have gone with to be honest. Going through all my saved games that aren't on BTB maps now, seeing if I got anything worth putting forward for the montage. Hope I dig up some decent stuff.

Found a 4 minute FFA perfection on Monolith. Sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom