• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have time to go into it but this is a flawed comparison because:

You're comparing Halo 3's Objective population when it was three years old to Halo 4's honeymoon period prime of the first 12 months. Plus Halo 3 had duplicate ranked/social population splitting. If you combined the populations for ranked/social objective and affiliate obj playlists at any point in the first few months of Halo 3 they'd have probably been higher than Halo 4's total peak population.

Plus Halo 3 didn't have the luxury of a dedicated ctf playlist day one.

Nope, Halo 4 is over 2 years old now as well. You're ignoring Reach/Ann altogether. Also ignoring the sheer volume of FPS competition out there from 3 to Reach and now 4, fps game releases is magnitudes higher since 3 launched vs Reach or 4's launch. Another point not being discussed in the diversity of objective playlist in Reach or 4, more choices and split populations to counter 3's social/ranked split e.g. ricochet, grifball, infection/flood etc.

I'm with you for settings, all the way but to ignore the population history is a mistake for future game development. I've been active at B.net on an older account since Halo 2 and my Ozzy account for 7 years. I participated in the matchmaking B.net threads, specifically objective ranked/social, I know what I'm on about here mate.

As much as I personally also want those maps and settings back (H2 & H3) I disagree just rehashing the same CTF or assault settings is going to return AND keep population for the next title over years after its release. I want those settings and I want players/teams to match against in ranked play. I don't see the old stuff doing that for years without being refreshed some way. Cases in point are the objective Halo 4 population over Reach's population or mid to end of life Halo 3 population.

It's quite clear, try asking Shiska or the 343i sustain team or view the old B.net threads about matchmaking feedback.

Don't forget Swordball Oddbase.
oh my god I just got really nostalgic for Oddball Swordbase.

Might actually buy one of those....
Good luck with that, preorders opened in December and they're each limited to 100 pieces each. Better get on that Wait List ASAP if you want one.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...ed-team-leader-sideshow-collectibles-3001392/
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...ue-team-leader-sideshow-collectibles-3001393/

I got the Master Chief version recently and it's pretty awesome.
A fool and his money.

HnSNF56.png

Madness

About fucking time you started talking about it. Long time in the making.

That Princess Leia hairbun photo Frank posted pretty much confirmed he was hired though.

One the one hand, it's great 343 hired someone passionate about the game/series and very community minded, but bad on the other hand for HaloGAF. I mean sure others may have said he wasn't the only member involved with the Halo community, and that's true, but he was one of the last pre-Reach members here who actively contributed, did HaloGAF Radio, tried to coordinate customs nights, update people on news and things like the turbo update, create informative OT's or help test maps/gametypes.

Congrats again though Tashi.

Hey I thought I'd give you guys a heads up, there's an ad on Neogaf telling me there's a used car for sale in Nigeria, don't want you guys to miss it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
oh my god I just got really nostalgic for Oddball Swordbase.
It was good times. It's amazing how a bad gametype / map combo can be so fun with a little creativity and sadism.

Exactly. so i don't know why CyReN continues to harass me.
Tashi has been a positive part of HaloGAF for a long time, and many of us consider him a friend. We know that 343 hiring Tashi doesn't mark some sweeping change in vision or culture at the studio. We know. We get it. It's still something to be excited about, and your incessant negativity is a downer (for those who bother paying attention to you).

It was good times. It's amazing how a bad gametype / map combo can be so fun with a little creativity and sadism.

Tashi has been a positive part of HaloGAF for a long time, and many of us consider him a friend. We know that 343 hiring Tashi doesn't mark some sweeping change in vision or culture at the studio. We know. We get it. It's still something to be excited about, and your incessant negativity is a downer (for those who bother paying attention to you).

Who says im not excited? Tashi deserves the job. and if my posts annoy anyone, they can just use the ignore feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom